No announcement yet.

where did lunar crescens <smod> go??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm saying Gen that it was her feeling that those types of things should not be allowed on this zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by genocidal
      What are you talking about? Lunar was always very professional about her cheater calls and everything else to do with TW. This sentence seems like you're trying to say that Lunar abused her powers as SMod to punish people for things as small as swearing which is definitely not the case at all. Despite everyone's rallying around Rand's assertion that Lunar made a good ZH but not a good Mod+ I still think that Lunar held her position WAY more professionally than the majority of staff.
      ever been warned by Lunar?
      I'm doubting it. Allow me to be the first to say that lunar was not all that professional, and I've had better.

thanks.
      Kthx> Does JB Inc pay his child support with pub bux?

Undisputed Pre-Menstral Super-Bitch Internet Kickboxing Champion 2005

Comment

• As a matter of fact I have been warned by Lunar. Some dude with a similar name to mine was aliasing and spamming racism or something and I was issued a warning for it. I, naturally, was livid and said some disparaging words to our kind Lunar Crescens. She responded professionally and without losing her cool and apologized for the mistake. I do not know your personal experiences with her, Volcs, but on the whole from what I could tell she did her job and didn't lose her composure when confronted with the barrage of 12 year old racists daily.

And Kolar, I'm not saying you're wrong but when did Lunar ever say she wanted profanity to be illegal in Trench Wars?

Comment

• Originally posted by Volcs
          What ever happened to getting your point across in a sharp and abrupt manner?
          -_- it was not meant to be sharp and abrupt... it was meant to be direct and incisive... either way i guess madtek despite the fact that he might like or not lunar and despite what his reasons might be he hasn't accomplished anything because he was just saying crap... he wasn't doing it in a constructive way... he could have said the same thing without starting to flame everyone in the vicinity...

About you Kolar... oh damn i hate when i can't make myself clear in what i'm trying to say (it's my damn fault... i always missed the english classes ) i will try to make a analogy to a game example... it might be stupid but it might help to get u to the point... ok suppose you are bored and connect to ss in order to play in a duel arena... you start to get really focused on your game and even manage to get a mvp then you decide to disconnect because its getting late and you have things to do... after say "g2g cya" lots of ppl say "great game kolar" "yeah you were doing really well" "yes you are the best" even your team mates recognise it and tell you how much your help was needed to win the game... the question is wouldn't you feel much better after everyone telling you that... you weren't there to be taken in arms you just connected because you were bored... but you managed to help your team and they recognised it isn't it way much diferent? It's a stupid analogy but it's meant to mean that persons have feelings and even if you start to do your job as mod just to help TW "and that is your main reason as i guess it is supposed to be any staff's main reason" if you get apreciated by your colleagues and by those you serve you will get the feeling of having fullfilled your duty... and taking away that joy from someone who has helped zone for free by doing unfounded comments in respect whoever might be... being it guano or lunar is taking something they deserved "and not what they were searching as some might say" recognition is a previlege that i think is deserved by someone who does voluntary work...
          A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

• Originally posted by genocidal
            And Kolar, I'm not saying you're wrong but when did Lunar ever say she wanted profanity to be illegal in Trench Wars?
            I don't know about speaking out publicly.. but she used to say it privately a lot, it is her pet hate.

Can we just accept she's gone and stfu now?
            STARKITTY
            A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

• im gonna put some of these replys in my psycholgy essays to pad it out, wont make any sense but at least ill hit the 3 page per limit...

eh yeah eh... lunar just made me laugh a tad. and her's was 1 of the few chats where i wasnt bombarded with racism, which made a change. dont really know about the hosting, banning or staffing. she just stood out more than most i guess.

so just,

byeee byeee lunar

.....grrr sk
              Reinstate Sarien
              ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

• Don't grr me..
                I liked lunar too but i can't stand this horrible nearly 5 page topic full of people trying to psycho-analyse a person they don't even know, in a situation most don't understand.

It'd piss me off considerably if there was a thread like this for me, so just drop it.
                Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
                STARKITTY
                A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

• Originally posted by StarKitty
                  Don't grr me..
                  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you
                  Most places in the world would probably charge people if they followed this rule. I mean, imagine me walking into a strip joint and justifying myself by saying "do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
                  Asia Minor> maybe not
                  Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
                  bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
                  bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
                  bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
                  bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

• Originally posted by Torn Wing
                    Because the higher ups dont want to pick worthy people, it's a threat to them, and then the "worthy" people will get full insight to staff corruption. It took awhile for Kolar to become <ZH>.
                    I'd been fighting for it for approximately 5 months.
                    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

• its a shame to see guano leave... i liked the guy (though according to some he didnt like me)

but he helped around the zone
                      04.07.05 08:59

Comment

• Originally posted by madtek
                        Demonic is male, but claims to be female.

Yeah in conclusion Lunar Cresents (or whatever her name is) was too new to be a staff member, all her bubbly shit was a cover up. Volcs is right, noone is that pissy over someone swearing on a spaceship game. The last thing we want is a fuckin female Ned Flanders on staff.

In conclusion if you say youre a girl 100 nerds from staff will flock around you and give you special treatment. If GODDESS could do it, imagine what might happen if a girl who wasnt fat & ugly tried to join staff.

I'm glad Lunar is gone, hopefully she will not return. Despite what all the staff members say, I personally think they're just sticking up for her because she flirted with them perhaps and seemed like a 'nice girl' with a stupid username.

As for Cpt.Guano!.. thanks for helping the zone but your username sucks and you'll never be considered elite because of your gay name and basing shit. Good bots though.

'Public Relations'. How hard can that shit be. Anyone can post news on the website, and to be honest, who even reads the frontpage anyway.
                        It seems the only news that's ever posted is crap about WW3 or the upcoming gay games like Waldo.

Her hosting was terrible, she was a worthless player.

-nt-
                        Yo kid, fuck off k?

Comment

• Originally posted by madtek
                          Upper staff should focus on more important stuff than replacing that newbie position. It shouldn't be worth a SMOD spot in the first place.
                          Any half brained basing newbie would fill her shoes with ease.

She's just an attention whore and how dare she divert our attention from important issues to see if anyone cares about her leaving her worthless role as the News Posting Teenie Bopper.

And people are making a big deal about Cpt. Guano! leaving.
                          I dont think he did anything too special apart from a couple of bots here and there. And most likely they are only basing bots that only the ss newbies would enjoy.
                          Only 2 years ago Guano + Pure_LUck were pubnewbing it up LTing around with all sorts of basing newbies (who are now probably staff, and remain basing newbs)

Yeah, and Goddess you and J-B-Inc's kid will be ugly as sin. Who in their right mind breeds with a jalabashki botoko bean selling indian. You should raise your standards and start dating wilderbeasts. Each shall seek his own kind.
                          You actaully seem proud to be pregnant with a swine baby. Place it on the fire I say.
                          Hahaha. I love it how little nerd's talk about upper people they've never even met before, acting like they've known them all their lives.
                          Thrashing> "That'll be 25.99, thank you for buying, please come again"
                          Thrashing> "LET'S FUCK!"
                          Thrashing> Like that, Ott?
                          Catgirl> rofl
                          Missy> o.O im so leaving this chat

Kim> hal, say fit of rage sucks ballz
                          fit of r> here, i'll do it for you
                          fit of r> I SUCK BALLS
                          Kim> loool
                          fit of r> I LOVE BIG HAIRY MAN BALLS

Comment

• Originally posted by sadtek
                            You actaully seem proud to be pregnant with a swine baby. Place it on the fire I say.
                            This is the part where banned should have appeared next to his name....
                            Obvious racisim <_<
                            Last edited by StarKitty; 03-16-2005, 06:18 AM.
                            STARKITTY
                            A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

• I don't know if it's racism, but it's definitely ignorant. I'm no fan of Goddess, don't get me wrong, but this guy's life must be a complete failure for him to have to come to a spaceship game forum and talk trash about a kid that hasn't even been born.
                              Originally posted by Tone
                              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                              Originally posted by the_paul
                              Gargle battery acid fuckface
                              Originally posted by Material Girl
                              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

• Just to clarify a few things.

Hello everyone,

I don't know why you're still posting on here! I've left TW/SS for awhile now. You should all be spending your time with more productive things such as TWL!

What am I doing here I wonder...more importantly, what am I doing violating my non Forum Policy? Well, after I caught wind of this thread I decided to read through it...many surprises indeed! A lot of TW Players may not know what my contribution to TW Staff was, completely understandable. I rarely disclosed what my roles were, to me it felt as though it was some form of boasting, although if my service to TW Staff has been desecrated, I may very well divulge details.

Going back to the title of my post, I've noticed that as some questions have been left unanswered, some inaccurate ideas have surfaced regarding my decision to leave SS/TW.

There are also a number of points of contention that I will try to address as I see them.

Randedl: "for whatever reason, lunar always struck me as having some kind of head in the clouds attitude. something along the lines of, "out of sight out of mind" and "everything that i believe to be right should be".

I don't know about head in the clouds Randedl, but courtesy and respect for your fellow Staffer should always be held in mind. A problem between yourself and myself developed because of what you did during two incidences. Once while I was hosting a UFC event as an <ER>. I asked you to co-operate by holding your fire while I was still preparing that particular round's set up, yet you completely disregarded my request and kept on goofing around thinking that it was funny and as a result held up everyone else at the event. Why should your disruptive behaviour be treated any differently from the regular TW Player? The second time occured when Dr. <ZH> was hosting a UFC event, blueout was enforced by Dr. <ZH> yet, you along with at least one other Moderator kept violating this blueout setting. Repeatedly despite being asked to stop. Is that the way a Senior Staffer who has been on TW Staff for so long, should behave? I most certainly hope not.

Rudy: "It wouldn't work. We all know she's used this dispute as an excuse to leave TW and spend more time in Guild Wars."

*LOL* you nut, GW isn't going to be out until at least the end of next month!

Kolar: "Great, so she took a job she and everyone else knew should would be bad at. I call this power hungry, not helpful. She left soon after over some information leak dispute which actually to my understanding was about Upper Staff talking about Net Bans and SSC related stuff to lower staff. Don't get me wrong here, she was helpful, nice and everything staff looks for.. for lower staff (excluding Moding) but she never did fit in anyway for a S-Mod postion."

Yes, Kolar, it was a task that I reluctantly accepted. The situation seemed critical at the time as several Key Staffers were leaving at an alarming rate. Upper Staff had asked me earlier if I was interested in accepting the position, I declined on more than one occassion. Whether or not I did well in my position is for all of you to decide however. You were spot on regarding the Information Leak...however it wasn't an information leak to Lower Staff, but to a Non Staffer, Randedl to be exact. I don't see why Net Bans and SSC related information would be kept from Lower-I don't like the term, Operational Staff to begin with. Information leaks of this nature occurred quite often, It got to a point where I couldn't stand for it anymore. It should also be aired that I had already carried out my position as Communications Staffer before I received SMod.

Volcs: "And I hated lunar long before I was told "she" was female. Personally I think that the whole prudent "don't say dirty words" thing is a total facade. There is no way anyone is that sheltered unless "her" parents kept "her" in a closet or "she" grew up in a nunnary. Hellooooo, modern society here? No young person acts like that."

You know Volcs, as difficult as this 'may' be for you to understand, not everyone employs the use of expeltives to string sentences together in order to get their point across...certainly not me. And no, I'm not a Nun.

Star Kitty: "I don't know about speaking out publicly.. but she used to say it privately a lot, it is her pet hate.

Can we just accept she's gone and stfu now?"

I've never ever said that I've wanted to effect Staff Policy which would entail banning as a punishment for using profane language. I just never appreciated expeltives, and no, I never banned anyone for it, just asked them to not resort to using swear words when talking with me. But YES you raise a good point, this thread is old! Let my spirit go now! And go and play TW!

My thanks goes out to all of you who have offered kind words of support for me. I realise that my efforts to help make TW more fun did not go to waste.

P.S. You can obviously tell that I don't post on the Forums...I don't know how to use the Quote thingy. Horrible.

Comment

Working...
                                X