This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I might just add.

The only reason PLucky is entertaining this seemingly absurd idea of staff applications is because he's too busy spending hours scoping for new rims for his car instead of aquainting himself with the playerbase. He simply has no ideas left as of who to hire for when the next recruitment influx round rolls up.

So should this actually go ahead, chances are if he's heard of you, and knows you're not an asshole, you're a shoe-in.

:P

Comment

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer
      Do we need a second Dean instead?
      we could use a second dean then pl got some more free time.
      Originally posted by Kolar
      My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
      ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Moved to Useless Crap
        Winner of TWDL Scrotals
        Winner of TWT Melee
        Winner of TWLD -FINAL-

Comment

You reckon?
          I beg to differ.

Staying the fuck where it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy
            You reckon?
            I beg to differ.

Staying the fuck where it is.
            idd stop moving the threads
            Originally posted by Kolar
            My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
            ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

name: pegasis (or did u mean irl lol i cant tell)
              time zone: 7:38
              how long have you played trench wars: like 10 years at least. prolly more
              why do you want zh: uh because i luve helping n00bs lol
              do you have any programming experience: i use continuum and sum other programs
              how many days a week are you online: 7 duh!
              what arena are you most likely to be found in: twtown and ELIM (i won yesterday)

thx for ur time. hope i make it.
              3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
              3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
              MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

Yeah The old system of pretty good. Its just important to recruit ppl who really want it, and who is good at it. If you are thinking the same systm as in DSB, it wouldnt work imo.
                -Kawrae

Comment

lol

Originally posted by Kawrae
                  Yeah The old system of pretty good. Its just important to recruit ppl who really want it, and who is good at it. If you are thinking the same systm as in DSB, it wouldnt work imo.
                  Just read about Mega Newbie. Sorry I'm late reading that, it's probably old! All I can say to that though is "figures." Rofl gg whoever banned him. Eliteness!
                  3:PEGASiS> double u tee ef?
                  3:Spirit> ar oh ef el

MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis if I catch you hiding again I will ban you -Da Farmer!
                  MODERATOR WARNING: pegasis, If you do not stop killing your own team <yellow ships on radar> You will be banned from this zone!! Thank you. -YoMama!!!

Hal Wilker> hal likes pegasis to cumshot in his eye.

Comment

Peg, I love your information in your form
                    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Instead of worrying about a flood of admissions via email, just do it via the forum. It only solves about all of major flaws with the idea.

People who give a crap about the game usually know that there's a forum and come here at least to read it.

Since you have to register an account, if you file an application, all further applications from that account can get the response, "Thank You, We Have It Already."

If they're active in the forum it's usually a good indicator that they're willing to deal with other people in the zone.

Lots of different reasons.
                      "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

TWL is over in a few weeks diakka. This is just a little thread to see how everyone would react. I don't think I like the idea of an all-out application but I know The Pusher was the one who told me he wanted to implement an application when he was dean. I sort of agree with stab about maybe just a bot that people can add their names to who are interested in becoming staff and maybe a personal bio thingmajig with it. That in comparison to recommendations by other staffers, I think would greatly help in deciding candidates.

Comment

Here's an idea, Puretle...

I'm not sure how much programming this would take, especially with the website-to-bot connection, so bear with me...

Allow anyone currently on staff to be able to recommend people. Perhaps limit it to one person per month for each staff member. Have a bot sitting in Robopark that staff members can private message with !recommend <name>. Then have the bot do a "?message <name>:You have been recommended to staff by <Staffer>. To complete your application for staff, go to <website>. Your username is <blah> and your password is <bleh>." Then the recommended person goes to the website, logs in, fills out the application, and it is sent to you.

This would incorporate the staff application idea, but you wouldn't be flooded with everyone applying to staff 6,000 times a day. Just a thought...

Comment

I like Worr's idea, would filter out a lot of spam and hassle yet still giving people the oppertunity to somewhat apply, considering they get one recommendation.

I bet one of the TWDev people wouldn't have a problem coding it either.
                            I am no longer living in false hopes. All is clear to me now.

Comment

I like Worr's idea as well, but isn't it pretty much the same system we have now? Adding in a bot. I mean, what if a person were to pm that bot with his/her desire to join, and PL or a selected council decided whether or not he/she should get the ?message part. If he/she got the message part than they could follow up with the application part.
                              Originally posted by turmio
                              jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                              Originally posted by grand
                              I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Omg

Originally posted by Worr
                                Here's an idea, Puretle...

I'm not sure how much programming this would take, especially with the website-to-bot connection, so bear with me...

Allow anyone currently on staff to be able to recommend people. Perhaps limit it to one person per month for each staff member. Have a bot sitting in Robopark that staff members can private message with !recommend <name>. Then have the bot do a "?message <name>:You have been recommended to staff by <Staffer>. To complete your application for staff, go to <website>. Your username is <blah> and your password is <bleh>." Then the recommended person goes to the website, logs in, fills out the application, and it is sent to you.

This would incorporate the staff application idea, but you wouldn't be flooded with everyone applying to staff 6,000 times a day. Just a thought...
                                WORR U ROCK! B)

Comment

Working...
                                X