Just kidding of course

[ ] Are you female
    [ ] Are you a baser
    [ ] Are you a newb
    [ ] Are you on Spastic

Tick 3 boxes and yer in!

Comment

well it would do a couple things...

it would give you more information about someone you might be looking at to consider for staff....

would let u rule out the dorks pretty quick....

i would suggest putting a couple of scenarios in it for seeing how a person would or thinks they should react in it

but mostly, it would let u narrow your searches for people that actually want to help in the zone
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
        [ ] Are you female
        [ ] Are you a baser
        [ ] Are you a newb
        [ ] Are you on Spastic

Tick 3 boxes and yer in!
        lols good one $$
        Originally posted by Kolar
        My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
        ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
          [ ] Are you female
          [ ] Are you a baser
          [ ] Are you a newb
          [ ] Are you on Spastic

Tick 3 boxes and yer in!
          That one made me laugh in real life.
          Add the box :

[ ] Are you female => [ ] I have a webcam
          [ ] I have no webcam
          7:Barton> hi tats
          7:Barton> still no smod?
          7:Barton> :(
          7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
          7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
          3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

Already done?

Wasn't this already done before and they took it out? Anyway, I personally disagree with a staff application. There would be countless applications coming in a day, and chances are people would be too impatient to get a response, so they'd send in another application...And another. AND ANOTHER.

Comment

Originally posted by Zemyla
              And why do we need more <ER>s and <ZH>s? I think there should be a category of people, who have no actual mod powers but are trusted by the bots and can host events. It would help get the people who are all "WE WANT ZOMBIES/FISHIES/SPRINT/WHATEVER" off our backs and allow for more frequent hosting of more esoteric events.
              You just described an ER and a ZH.

Comment

On one hand, I know that there are a lot of people that are truly willing to join staff and help for the right reasons. It's hard, because if you ask, all you get is the stupid RoboHelp message about how asking "this greatly decreases your chances" of joining. There should be some way for people to have a chance to help if they want.

As for the idea of people getting just powers to host games, and not mod powers: this won't work. There is no way to just give people the power to host games, because you NEED Mod powers to issue arena commands that are vital to hosting pretty much any game.

I think this application idea would cause a lot of headache. I can just imagine all of the help calls pouring in about "hey did anyone check out my application yet?!" and all that shit.

Maybe there should be some simple way for people to let the dean of staff know that they are interested and willing to join. That would help a lot in picking new staff members. I don't think a full-out application is a good idea, though.
                sdg

Comment

Hold on a minute, if youre sick of people bugging you, then don't be a staffer, its what the job entails. Obviously in it for the phat rides and the hoes.

Comment

I said nothing to that effect.
                    sdg

Comment

Here's my take on this:
                      When someone is "trying" to get staff or applying for something they can wing it and make out really nice/cool.
                      At least with the current system you're only geting people you trust coming through staff. Even if the odd moron manages to get through every now and then it's a good system that pretty much guarantees you get a decent staff team, sure there are some enthusiastic people out there but half of them havn't got a clue what being on staff is would be like.
                      If it's not broken, don't try to fix it. Stick with what you've got.
                      STARKITTY
                      A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
                        I said nothing to that effect.
                        I wasnt regarding your post there, a couple of people I saw were complaining about people bugging them.

Comment

Fair warning.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
                          -Magi-

What I've felt, what I've known, never shined unto what I've shown. Never me. Never see. Wont see what might have been.
                          What I've felt, what I've known, never shined unto what I've shown. Never free. Never me. So i dub thee Unforgiven.

Comment

Its a good idea IF your going to be more selective on recruits than you already are because it gives you the ability to know the person a bit

Otherwise, it'll probably get flooded by random people

My suggestion: make a filter and auto-delete people with numbers :P
                            Last edited by Broly; 04-26-2005, 04:23 PM.
                            Girl if it's alright,
                            100%.

Comment

Originally posted by cundor
                              Just give me zh and i'll stop annoying you
                              Me 2.
                              megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                              L K> taught u what?
                              megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                              9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                              9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Originally posted by Zemyla
                                are trusted by the bots and can host events.
                                oh, i am SO trusted by those bots. especially when i ask them !host and !help, they just open up to me.
                                thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Working...
                                X