No announcement yet.

TW Marketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved the add sumpson the All you need is skill was a nice touch. If you need help making stupid phrases im good at that :P . Happy to help out with a video/spreading links.
    Makelele> whos camping
    Sumpson> mitch
    KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
    Lemar> mitch
    Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

A splash page would be good, although it doesn't have to display EVERY time. There is a code for a splash page that appears once every 12 days instead of everytime you visit the site, something to do with cookies. So if I was to visit the site for the first time, i'd see it, but for the next 12 days for example, it will take me to the main site straight away, for those people not to get annoyed with the whole "Skip Intro" everytime issue.

I'm able with Flash, but I'd be against it dominating the site. Just a nice spruced up banner would be a fine addition, and I can work on that with Sumpson if he so wishes.

Photoshop/Web Design is definitely not an issue with me, and I can add a lot to that.

The gameplay footage at sites such as YouTube aren't very appealing, the low quality/low frames. If there are people who can just record the game at full quality and degrade the quality to a level that is acceptable, please, just do that. Besides, did anyone think of a music video? Lots of basing action, javelin action, make the game exciting.
      (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
      5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
      1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
      1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

sage
        Last edited by Richard Creager; 02-27-2007, 12:32 AM.
        sage

Comment

Marketing? I assume the intent is to draw more people into the game and community. If so, why not link this forum site. Surely many people would be drawn to these forums by simply looking at all the positive, upbeat threads. Here are just a few recent thread examples:

SSCU Trench Wars Forum
          fucking play speedball/strikeball you cunts
          I am quiting
          Racism In Trench Wars
          ?go base captain blacklisting
          Javtourny, sad.

TW Staff Forum
          Leaving staff
          Please stop capping idiots in ?go base.
          Leaving staff

Trench Wars League
          TWL scheduling, and how it sucks.
          Bad behaviour during a TWL game from a whole squad from spec.
          nice scheduling neth
          Rapage of TWLJ Week 2

Once a potential new player has reviewed these forums we can be sure that they will want to join us in all this fun (let's not forget that we have a group of players who live for the chance to genertae this particular kind of fun).

Comment

ok you just owned EVERYBODY IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! EZ! GG!

it's gonna be weird to see the new website, since this one is already here for like.. ages!
            help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral

Once a potential new player has reviewed these forums we can be sure that they will want to join us in all this fun (let's not forget that we have a group of players who live for the chance to genertae this particular kind of fun).
              Fortunatly they wont find the forums for serveral months and by that time will be addicted and then its too late *evil laugh* :fear:
              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby
                Fortunatly they wont find the forums for serveral months and by that time will be addicted and then its too late *evil laugh* :fear:
                True, but the point I was making is that as long as we have people who act like 10 year olds and relish in fucking with other people ('as fun'), a new player only simply has to come into the arena and sit through an Elim, ?go base, or league match and see the pub chat to be totally turned off to the game and this community.
                All the marketing efforts in the world don't help if the product you are promoting has big problems. For example, if we were promoting apples but when we ship the apples 50% or more of them were rotten, what will the end result of the promoting effort be? Our problem isn't a few rotten apples, it is bigger than that.

But my negative opinion aside, I would recommend that whatever marketing effort is applied, that there be a way to support a metric in it. In other words, have a way to measure whatever is done so it's effectiveness can be understood (a way to count how many people click on a banner, a way to measure the amount of new players joining, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
                  True, but the point I was making is that as long as we have people who act like 10 year olds and relish in fucking with other people ('as fun'), a new player only simply has to come into the arena and sit through an Elim, ?go base, or league match and see the pub chat to be totally turned off to the game and this community.
                  I see this in Americas Army, Quake, Wolfenstein....

All online games that have arenas and chats take on this problem....what is in our favor is that the cheating is not as rampant. You will never get passed the childish behaviors in the game. I can name a player that I know is in his mid 40's that plays this game and all he does is berate everyone. He has been doing it for years and the entire thought process of this individual seems to make others hate him as well as the game. You cannot just put a finger on if it is a kid or an adult that makes a new player not want to come back. You just have the handful of assholes that enjoy spreading misery on others.
                  May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

In regards to the Forum turning off players from playing, I do not see this as a whole for the TW community. I did find the latest post on SB to be a turn off to that game. It had nothing to encourage involvment or playing. With all the pic's posted that have nothing to do with the game, perhaps a screenshot of the game would have been better.

The forum topics alone will always have players bitching about this and that...this will not change, yet I do not see a new player discovering this forum until thay have at least played the game.
                    Last edited by 404 Not Found; 06-07-2006, 11:42 AM.
                    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumpson
                      We are not interested in getting players with a 14.4 modem :P Flash doesn't really take long to load, and if flash is only used for banners/headers/navigation it doesnt matter much for search engines.
                      http://subspace.legendzones.com/require.php
                      We may not need the 14.4 modem connectors, but it's clearly the minimum requirement. And since most people will be entering the website for the first time, flash will lag it much more than you think. Once you enter a second time it's much better though.

I also do agree about the flash intro, but I'd consider limiting (or find a way to make file size small) the use of flash on a website. Keep it to navigation, but not overhead banner.
                      Last edited by Hakaku; 06-07-2006, 03:17 PM.
                      Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
                      -Buddha

Comment

I'm writing a press-pack / article / press release about TW, with the aim of getting a story written by some of the major online news sites. It would help me to know what people think are the strengths of SubSpace as a game and TW as a zone - it will also help our other marketting efforts to get an idea of what it is that we are actually selling - what our message is.

For me, some of the strengths of the whole thing are:

* Great communication system - public chat, freq chat, private messages, private chats...
                        * The game doest demand a powerfull computer or a fast connection, its playable on a five year old computer over a modem
                        * Its easy to start playing, but theres really no end of how much you can learn, and it demands a lot of skill.
                        * Combat can be very personal - you can see definate playing styles in different people, and "read" what they are going to do
                        * The game is very international, with people from all round the world
                        * As a client, continuum is now very flexible - its possible to write RPGs and racing games using what was originally supposed to be asteroids
                        * TW especially has a sensible, hard working and dedicated staff making sure everything works

Interested to hear what other people consider the good points about playiny..

LEM
                        DinkyKitty.com - news, reviews and articles of a techy nature

Comment

The best point will be reading any honest review done.

A very gutteral game, appealing to some primal urges, dominated and marred both by teenagers with their own nonsensical status ranking system. Almost a metaphor for life, if your life happens to be in someplace war torn and crappy. Make friends from all over the world. Then kill them.
                          "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

bots and events I think is a strenght. With over 800 arenas...
                            Automated games: pure-pub, tourny, wbduel, base,...
                            weekend events, tournaments, automated website's,... trench wars has many many strenghts!!
                            help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

A 5 year old computer? It'll work on shittier PCs than that; mine's about 16 years old.
                              Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

ok this is bad, I gave it a try, whatever...

Comment

Working...
                                X