Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1440x900 Plz (Only post if you for the cap increase)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1440x900 Plz (Only post if you for the cap increase)

Come on Pure_Luck you ultimately have the final say in this issue. People with widescreens need to enjoy playing again. Can we at least see how this works. Thanks.

If you support the cap increase, please post. (Don't Troll)
    OBama/Biden 08

wow seems like they would deal with this resolution before CHANING THE SHITTY PUB MAP..

but no

so why isnt this changed already

Comment

i support

this big important

Comment

I agree

Just looks stupid otherwise
        :fear:

Comment

I agree - but not for competitive leagues

at least not for now, try it out in pubs at least, no advantage to gain there
          .fffffffff_____
          .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
          .ffffff|ff __fffff|
          .fffffff\______/
          .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
          .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
          .fffff\________/
          .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
          .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
          .fff\__________/

Comment

I agree

We are only hurting ourselves keeping this cap. I'd rather have tw more populated by slighly more unfair for small moniter people. The the opposite.

The limit of 1280x1024 was unfair for ages, not many people had moniters that could do that res. I fail to see how it is different now....
            Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
            Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

I Have A Dream!!!!

Change is good. Look what the forward pass did for football, the dribble did for basketball, Dale did for Hendricks.

I could understand having this cap a couple of years ago. I'm sure like 95 perecent of the people in TW can go above 1280x1024. The rule was intended to keep all on a level playing field because monitors could not go above 1280x1024. It's all but useless now and it's hurting the game. Imagine how much more a player base we would have if we increased the cap. Lag has always been a greater issue then this useless resolution cap.

It's time to at least try it out.
              OBama/Biden 08

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Survivor View Post
                I could understand having this cap a couple of years ago. I'm sure like 95 perecent of the people in TW can go above 1280x1024. The rule was intended to keep all on a level playing field because monitors could not go above 1280x1024. It's all but useless now and it's hurting the game. Imagine how much more a player base we would have if we increased the cap.
                I really wouldn't be so sure if I were you, I CAN'T GO ABOVE 1024X768, but having played with a widescreen monitor before, I can see how it's a disadvantage to play distorted, stretched out.

Originally posted by Soul Survivor View Post
                Lag has always been a greater issue then this useless resolution cap.
                Lag is definitely more of an issue as far as advantages, and it affects all resolutions.
                .fffffffff_____
                .fffffff/f.\ f/.ff\
                .ffffff|ff __fffff|
                .fffffff\______/
                .ffffff/ffff.ffffff\
                .fffff|fffff.fffffff|
                .fffff\________/
                .fff/fffffff.ffffffff\
                .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                .ff|ffffffff.fffffffff|
                .ff\ffffffffffffffffff/
                .fff\__________/

Comment

I love how you all say it's "hurting the game" but have no supporting statements.
                  2:Sauro> dp i placed 4th today at yugoh tournament
                  Sauro> i traded e tele for 2 dark bribes and a primy today dp

2:Sauro> IM REARRAGNGING MYD ECK WTF
                  Go go go!

Sauro> DARK MAGICIAN GIRL SHOWS CLEAVAGE OK
                  Sauro> my fav card

1:Mootland Farmer> Duel, want to stfu please? Real m,en talking about Yu-Gi-Oh here
                  1:Sauro> yea dp

1:Sauro> i love dick

Comment

its hurting the game by discouraging widescreen users to have to play windowed cuz playing windowed also means a large drop in FPS or they have to play full screen distorted

i fail to see your common sense veloce, and im not even a widescreen user and im for itits actually less total pixels so its no advantage at all

Comment

Isn't the issue for warbird dueling? A higher resolution means a wider field of view. Not everyone has a widescreen or even a large monitor to do the current cap. Widescreen users do not have to play windowwed, the image is stretched out a bit and distorted but it is playable in fullscreen. Windowwed would also increase the FPS not lower it if anything.

Comment

i got widescreen??
                        https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                        1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                        1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                        1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                        1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                        1:soild>they can say what they like
                        1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                        1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

lol raise it? on ANY computer i have ever played subspace on the fps drops in half going to windowed....thats old computers, new ones, super ones, super old ones, and mid grade ones.. ones with vid cards and ones without, like my computer i get about 700fps fullscreen and CAN NOT get over 65fps windowed...no matter what i do to raise it..

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar View Post
                            Isn't the issue for warbird dueling? A higher resolution means a wider field of view. Not everyone has a widescreen or even a large monitor to do the current cap. Widescreen users do not have to play windowwed, the image is stretched out a bit and distorted but it is playable in fullscreen. Windowwed would also increase the FPS not lower it if anything.

Are you that fucking stupid... Honestly. It's like wearing glasses and having the wrong precription lens. You can wear them it might be foggy but, you can still still. Sometimes I just sick and laugh. Most of the staff we have a good people and I thank them for volunteering their time. However, you're useless.......
                            OBama/Biden 08

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar View Post

Are you serious?.....Honestly. It's like wearing glasses and having the wrong precription lenses. You can wear them, it might be foggy but, you can still use them. Are you not the Head of TW Public Relations? What benefit is there by keeping the cap in place? When the majority of TW can go above 1280x1024 and the widescreen monitor players can't play properly.
                              Last edited by Soul Survivor; 05-02-2008, 07:42 PM.
                              OBama/Biden 08

Comment

Working...
                              X