Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1440x900 Plz (Only post if you for the cap increase)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raising or lowering of your fps in windowed vs. fullscreen is entirely relative to your graphics card, not Continuum itself. Anyhow, Continuum doesn't require a 700 fps, it's fully playable at 60 as long as your connection works and you're not experiencing packetloss.

But also, make sure you have "No Framerate Limit" checked in View > Advanced options.
    Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
    -Buddha

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Survivor View Post
      Are you that fucking stupid... Honestly. It's like wearing glasses and having the wrong precription lens. You can wear them, it might be foggy but, you can still use them. Are you not the Head of TW Public Relations?
      What's your problem? It would give some people an unfair advantage in dueling. And I am right, the image is not extremely effected. It's not like the client won't do fullscreen on a wide screen monitor. Any graphics card will run Continuum better on windowwed, but yes it is relative to your graphics card.

Comment

Yeah we cant have that. It needs to be even.
        4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
        4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
        4:Geio> DEEZ?
        4:Geio> LOLOL
        4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
        4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
        4:spirit> LOL
        4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
        4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by Hakaku View Post
          Raising or lowering of your fps in windowed vs. fullscreen is entirely relative to your graphics card, not Continuum itself. Anyhow, Continuum doesn't require a 700 fps, it's fully playable at 60 as long as your connection works and you're not experiencing packetloss.

But also, make sure you have "No Framerate Limit" checked in View > Advanced options.
          lol like i said: "no matter what i do to raise it"

ive always had that checked along with disable clipping and avoid page flipping

and yes u can play at 65fps but again, 65fps on a monitor is not the same as 65fps to the human eye, therefore 65 fps IS jumpy when u come from 700 which has no jumping or screen lag at all...

Comment

raise it to 1680x1050 :P thats what i need for it to look good. lol
            zidane> big play
            Omega Red> dwop sick
            mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
            WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
            1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by Sakke View Post
              i support

this big important
              BIG important

Comment

someone make screenshot to show those who dont have widescreen how bad it really is

in normal resolution a tile is 16x16 pixels, but when u play with the best possible resolution for widescreen (1280x960) on a 16:10 scale (normal widescreen) monitor a tile is 18x12.. so bullets, bombs, ships fly 30% faster horisontally than vertically, and thats a lot

edit: 1152x864 is maybe better resolution, but its still 20x16.7 pixels per tile, thats 20% faster horisontally

1440x900 is the smallest default 16:10 scale, and is smaller in total size than 1280x1024.. sure, u see further horisontally, but if you really want to do that and dont have a widescreen monitor, u can play windowed with that resolution

allow at least 1440x900

Comment

3 Week Test

The smods have discussed this issue and we are going to do a 3 week test-run of the 1440 x 900 resolution starting this Monday. Based upon people's opinions after the three weeks, we will decide whether or not to keep the widescreen resolution.

Comment

not so hard!

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
                      The smods have discussed this issue and we are going to do a 3 week test-run of the 1440 x 900 resolution starting this Monday. Based upon people's opinions after the three weeks, we will decide whether or not to keep the widescreen resolution.

You're awesome... That's what I'm talking about.... Thank You.
                      OBama/Biden 08

Comment

I play at 1152x864

anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                          lol raise it? on ANY computer i have ever played subspace on the fps drops in half going to windowed....thats old computers, new ones, super ones, super old ones, and mid grade ones.. ones with vid cards and ones without, like my computer i get about 700fps fullscreen and CAN NOT get over 65fps windowed...no matter what i do to raise it..
                          You are probably being limited by your refresh rate, i'll bet its set at 65hz. And.. you do realize you aren't actually getting 700fps right? Its a theoretical number based on some sort of fuzzy math continuum is doing. A sustained 65fps is more than enough to not have any gameplay issues in TW.

Comment

I wouldn't particularly oppose if the res cap was raised to a decent ws resolution.

However, to all the dumbsters who cry over how appalling it is playing on WS having the image stretched: there's a setting on absolutely every WS monitor ever made, and it's called "4:3 in wide". Set the thing to "4:3" and it will display black bars around the edges. It's what I'm playing with for the past 6 months, and it's perfectly fine.
                            2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
                            2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
                            2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
                            2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
                            2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
                            1:spider> Wooooohoo!
                            1:spider> .*passes the hat*
                            1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

if you increase resolution ppl will lag more and you gonna restrict league competitivity to whoever lives near usa like canada.

I can buy a bigger monitor but i can't make usa-brasil backbone get bigger no matter what bandwich i got
                              8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                              8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                              8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                              8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                              8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                              8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Originally posted by Weaver View Post
                                You are probably being limited by your refresh rate, i'll bet its set at 65hz. And.. you do realize you aren't actually getting 700fps right? Its a theoretical number based on some sort of fuzzy math continuum is doing. A sustained 65fps is more than enough to not have any gameplay issues in TW.
                                my refresh rate is 60hz :<

but with my lcd that is in the shop getting fixed i run it at 75hz :/

Comment

Working...
                                X