Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1440x900 Plz (Only post if you for the cap increase)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pummel View Post
    I play at 1152x864

anyone else?
    I used to play on that res, 5 freakin' years ago on a P2 300mhz.

The new cap is a step in the right direction, but I'd prefer non-league 1080p ultimately

Comment

Obviously in demand. I favour widescreen resolution, it means I can kill you in vertical directions easier now.
      (Twerp and Duel Pasta)
      5:dads revenge> they are both actually my virtual pet salamanders I have to feed them virtual flies 3 times a day

1: Pandagirl!> What do I say back to that
      1: Pandagirl!> How about "lol"
      1: winipcfg> despite "lol"'s versatility, I don't think that'd be good in the situation

If you can't beat them, eat them. ?go zombies3 - Chao <ER>

Ricko> mvp gets poppadums from weak's corner shop

Comment

Originally posted by Burzum View Post
        I wouldn't particularly oppose if the res cap was raised to a decent ws resolution.

However, to all the dumbsters who cry over how appalling it is playing on WS having the image stretched: there's a setting on absolutely every WS monitor ever made, and it's called "4:3 in wide". Set the thing to "4:3" and it will display black bars around the edges. It's what I'm playing with for the past 6 months, and it's perfectly fine.

Does anyone know how to do this....??? With the black bars I mean.
        OBama/Biden 08

Comment

Originally posted by Burzum View Post
          there's a setting on absolutely every WS monitor ever made, and it's called "4:3 in wide".
          you are wrong

my brothers monitor dosnt have that, i do, and i use it but all monitors dont have it

Comment

Originally posted by schope View Post
            if you increase resolution ppl will lag more and you gonna restrict league competitivity to whoever lives near usa like canada.

I can buy a bigger monitor but i can't make usa-brasil backbone get bigger no matter what bandwich i got
            welp, now i'm all for a res increase.
            Originally posted by Tone
            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
            Originally posted by the_paul
            Gargle battery acid fuckface
            Originally posted by Material Girl
            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

I just swapped out my old monitor today. Lets raise this fucker.
              DELETED

Comment

if the max resolution should be raised, it should be raised to 1600-1200, which also automaticly allows ppl who buy widescreen monitors to play at their 1440-900 res. although i bet since half these people are just trying to gain a res advantage for their widescreens, so such a decision wouldn't please them either..

just don't throw away your old monitor and stop whining..

zzz..

Comment

How many times are you going to request for this, although its overall less pixels on widescreen the advantage you gain in fighting battles from side to side causes a greater advantage. If you do not realize this you are either not good enough to realize this or don't have the experience in a competitive atmosphere.

We have discussed this so many times, I've gone into detail as to why this shouldn't happen and thankfully at this time staff is smart enough to feel the same.

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=33137

http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthread.php?t=33355

Thats all I could find but we've discussed it on 2 other threads I can think of as well.

Most good players fight side to side, if you use this to your advantage on a widescreen it's going to cause an unfair advantage like it used to in the old days when many of us were on a larger res and would stay off their screen but on ours.

I know this is not the same since widescreen has overall less pixels but this is an example of how it can be exploited in the same manner if you're smart enough to do it.

I have a widescreen and old 21" trini that I play SS on, I can switch to Wide if needed but it's not worth it for those who can't. Stop being selfish.

Res restriction is the best thing to happen to this game, I played prior to the restriction and know first hand how it affects the game.

Like Burzum said, you can play undistorted with a Widescreen monitor, put on the black borders and it's the exact same thing. There is not reason to complain, admit you want the advantage.
                  Last edited by Jack; 05-04-2008, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Survivor View Post
                    Like I said.. search through your monitor's menus, and you will ultimately find out. Took me about a week to realize there's more than one page of menus (keep cycling through the settings!).
                    Alternatively: RTFM, email vendor, post on relevant forums (depending on what brand your WS is).

Notice the bars:

Notice the setting:
                    Last edited by Burzum; 05-04-2008, 09:37 AM.
                    2:Displaced> k washed my nuts, hope they stop itching now
                    2:Displaced> now its my fucking foot that is itching, FOR FUCKS SAKE

2:Eeks> there was this girl that had a crush on me
                    2:Eeks> and she had the biggest boobs i've ever seen live
                    2:Eeks> had back problems too i think
                    2:Eeks> it was kinda disturbing when her boobs were bigger than her head

1:DangerGirl> spider, give your cap to era
                    1:spider> Wooooohoo!
                    1:spider> .*passes the hat*
                    1:Erathia> <eats the hat>

Comment

This makes too much sense for people Burzum, I have used this setting as well. The bottom line is many of the people who are complaining just want to use widescreen because they know it's exploitable in a competitive atmosphere. Logic is not what they seek my friend.

It saddens me to see they are even giving this a test run, there is nothing to test. The people who wanted the lift are getting it, it's not like after the test they are going to say, "yes you guys are right, don't change the res".

Please someone on staff put a stop to this who understands how it's going to warp the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack View Post
                        This makes too much sense for people Burzum, I have used this setting as well. The bottom line is many of the people who are complaining just want to use widescreen because they know it's exploitable in a competitive atmosphere. Logic is not what they seek my friend.

It saddens me to see they are even giving this a test run, there is nothing to test. The people who wanted the lift are getting it, it's not like after the test they are going to say, "yes you guys are right, don't change the res".

Please someone on staff put a stop to this who understands how it's going to warp the game.

Jack,

First all let me say something you carry yourself well in both the forums and in the game. Also you're very good. With that said, the points you have made have been well thought out. However, I don't think raising the cap will make that much of difference. Some may exploit it yes, but it won't help them out as much as you think. For the widescreen users that play this game, it will be an opportunity to play this game fairly. Both aiming and dodging well rely on knowing how to "angle" yourself into the right position. With the cap that we have now that's impossible for me at least.(Lining up a good shot)

I also own a 21" KDS Crt, although it's at my dads house because there is no room for it here. I owned when playing with that monitor. I could use that if I wanted but it's more convenient for me to use this monitor.

What made trench wars the most competitive and most popular zone, was the one hit kill system. The cap kept everyone on a fair playing field. Now it doesn’t, it makes it gives those who don't have a CRT an advantage. That's not what the "Cap" was intended to do. I know I'm babbling. I'm tired. Hopefully you understand where I'm coming from.
                        OBama/Biden 08

Comment

And what are you going to do about people with laptops? What about people who can't afford to upgrade their monitor? Not everyone is made of money or puts their money toward upgrading their computer. Basically forget us because we don't matter?

Resolution is not what prevents people from playing this game. Some people are averted from it simply because it's a 2-d game in a 3-d generation (see WoW, Halo, Call of Duty, etc).
                          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

at least someone else has the common to use the lg flatron monitor!
                            I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                            I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Survivor View Post
                              its called an aspect ratio, you should be able to find it pretty easy knowing that....
                              (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
                              (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
                              (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
                              (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
                              (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage View Post
                                And what are you going to do about people with laptops? What about people who can't afford to upgrade their monitor? Not everyone is made of money or puts their money toward upgrading their computer. Basically forget us because we don't matter?

Resolution is not what prevents people from playing this game. Some people are averted from it simply because it's a 2-d game in a 3-d generation (see WoW, Halo, Call of Duty, etc).
                                my lap top was wide screen......

i broke it tho, so im back to my shitty CRT....but im still in favor of raising it

BIG IMPORTANT
                                (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
                                (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
                                (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
                                (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
                                (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Working...
                                X