Staff is full of sh..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll King
    When Na$ does the same thing that Danyal is doing now, people dismiss him for complaining. It's the same situation here.

(I know, it's a VERY ironic comparison, but an apt one)
    you forget that nasir provokes 99% of what he complains about. danyal doesn't bitch unless it's legitimate.
    plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

LOL. Dont want to start a new discussion again, but I didnt provoke those people who were racist to me. And I dont even think that would matter. Its just, in your case and in most cases, which side you are on. You are on the 'elite-side', containing people who think they are da bomb and say anything they like to other people to entertain themselves. So enjoy your ass-sniffing Stupid-Gerbil (your name says it all), I will never stop my complaining if people like you give me a reason.
      .: ExquisiteHosting.com
      .: Website, Reseller & A. Hosting

Roxy :
      zzz

Comment

Na$ sees racism. He complains about it. I don't see how that's any less legitimate. If you look at it even closer, Na$ is asking for staff to enforce existing rules about racism. How is that any different than Dan wanting "to show ppl how tw staff is doing its job"?

In both cases, complaining about it on the forum is only part of the job. Like Spam said, one must also go through the process and write to the people who matter rather than trying to curry public opinion.

Comment

i'm anti-elite. i poke fun at vets, newbies, staff, etc. social status doesn't matter. if you act like a dipshit, you will be ridiculed. deal with it.

nas can preach all he wants about racism. i'm all about anti-racist crap. hooray if he actually gets things accomplished. but his argument is severely weakened by the incessent other things he brings up that he usually goes out of his way to provoke. not to mention, excessive whining about certain factors that are not illegal, but considered lame by the populace.

in essence, it's the traditional "boy cries wolf" syndrome. people just stop listening after a while (example nas), whereas quiet people who bring things up usually get more accomplished (example danyal).

Comment

Na$ sees racism. He complains about it. I don't see how that's any less legitimate. If you look at it even closer, Na$ is asking for staff to enforce existing rules about racism. How is that any different than Dan wanting "to show ppl how tw staff is doing its job"?
            when Nasir complaint about racism in TW, he placed the blame mainly on other TW players and did very little to emphasis the fact that staff were not doing their job.
            Besides, that was NOT about a staff member abusing his/her power.
            People are more concerned with Danyal's case because a staff member has used his/her power to gain personal advantage. It left most ordinary TW players feel vulnerable because what happened to Danyal can as well happen to them in the future.

Staff members are given the privileges to do the stuff that other TW players can NOT do. And these privileges are given to them based on the trust they will not use these privileges for their own advantages.

Obviously ALL the non staff/ex staff members feel that they can trust staff less because of this incident.

In both cases, complaining about it on the forum is only part of the job. Like Spam said, one must also go through the process and write to the people who matter rather than trying to curry public opinion.
            And don't forget to let us know the conclusion ... if anything is ever going to happer
            Last edited by TelC@t; 04-28-2003, 11:54 AM.
            Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

I think dealing with racism is more important than a staffer abusing his powers.

Roxy :
              zzz

Comment

Originally posted by TelC@t
                when Nasir complaint about racism in TW, he placed the blame mainly on other TW players and did very little to emphasis the fact that staff were not doing their job.
                Besides, that was NOT about a staff member abusing his/her power.
                People are more concerned with Danyal's case because a staff member has used his/her power to gain personal advantage. It left most ordinary TW players feel vulnerable because what happened to Danyal can as well happen to them in the future.

Staff members are given the privileges to do the stuff that other TW players can NOT do. And these privileges are given to them based on the trust they will not use these privileges for their own advantages.

Obviously ALL the non staff/ex staff members feel that they can trust staff less because of this incident.

And don't forget to let us know the conclusion ... if anything is ever going to happer
                One can also argue that the zone rules mandates a stiff stance against racism, so if staff isn't doing so, then that too is an important issue. If staff turns a blind eye to certain existing rules, then isn't that also a form of abuse? There is no difference. Rules are set, and staff should stick to them. Staff members are given privilegdes, true. They are also given responsibilities too. Your arguments here can all be applied to issues of racism too.

Comment

i don't know about you guys, but i'd much rather have league abuse issues fixed than have a bunch of 10 year old attention whores silenced for racism. although, it'd be quite simple to do both. firing demonic and silencing racists only takes a few seconds.

let's get to steppin.

Comment

Well I agree with that gerb, but I dont know what happened with demonic. I like demonic as a person tho. But if Demonic specced someone in the match of Cripps vs Light because of lag, I think that should not be possible since Demonic is on light, so someone else should've dealt with the situation from the first place. But again, I didnt read all, so I dont know what happened.

Roxy :
                    zzz

Comment

• Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL
                      i don't know about you guys, but i'd much rather have league abuse issues fixed than have a bunch of 10 year old attention whores silenced for racism. although, it'd be quite simple to do both. firing demonic and silencing racists only takes a few seconds.

let's get to steppin.
                      Demonic vs Cripples gerbs, I saw her complain/ take matters into her own hands when you guys were facing in twd. exspecialy twjd.
                      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• as far as i'm concerned, i'd rather fix the lag limits allowed in the twd arenas and take away staff's authority to spec players. i'd rather deal with the occasional lagging tank ass than deal with an abusive staff member with his/her own agenda. at least fixing the lag limits would be an unbiased approach to solving the problem.

Comment

• I have been harping about subjective TW rules forever. As long as there are subjective rules in this game it's going to be like figure skating, diving and gymnastics. If we all choose to play this game under subjective rules, we have no one to blame but ourselves.

Comment

• I always thought of TW rules to be quite objective as well. For example, if you were to spawn accidently twice, the subjective rule would say that it was an accident, it couldn't have been prevented. On the objective side, you SPAWNED, therefore you get BANNED. Same goes for racist words entirely out of context.
                            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                            Failure teaches success.

Comment

• Anytime something cannot be easily quantified, and requires some kind of human interpretation, it opens the door for bitching and abuse. In terms of lag, it should be easy to consider this as a quantifiable variable. I have no idea why we need any subjective interpretation for this rule.
                              If I were ‘king’, I would change this rule to eliminate the human interpretation section, changing the code to include slightly greater flexibility. For example, instead of having it simply spec people at xx ping or xx packet loss, have it start logging the lag stats for that player over a 3 minute period. If a predetermined critical threshold is exceeded more than 3 times over the logged period, bounce them out of the match. (Note the log does not have to be persistent, it can then be quickly deleted.) This should address spikes and make the lag-out rule less of an issue. If we leave the human interpretation parts of this rule in place, I have no idea how anyone can prove/disprove that someone was “visibly jumping on the screen”.

Frankly, I pity the staff for trying to deal with these subjective rules. It is unfair to toss staff people into a situation where their judgments can be so easily disputed and questioned. Requiring a second or third staff opinion is a ‘quick fix’, this isn’t normally done publicly so the ruling staff member still gets the heat from those who feel the judgment was incorrect.
                              I really have no idea why someone would donate their time and effort to something that is just about guaranteed to cause them a huge amount of grief and abuse. I am thankful that there are enough people willing to subject themselves to this, but I am sure it has to be one of the primary causes of the high rate of staff turnover. IMHO, making the staff responsible for simply implementing the rules, rather than interpreting the rules, would help things immensely.

Comment

• Originally posted by sTuPiD-gErBiL
                                i think it's about time i asked for my powers back.
                                oh, the fun we shall have!
                                I'd come back with my 56k connection half way across the world if stupid had powers. :-P

Comment

Working...
                                X