Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which player has gone from a newb to GOOD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nethila
    escalate.. i dont know much about dueling/javing, but wasnt that guy like a nobody, but then pretty soon after, he became like a starter for some top dueling squad?
    Stripes as well became pretty good. Although I don't think either Stripes or Escalate really realized their full potential.
    Last edited by Sufficient; 11-30-2005, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient
      I dunno bout you, but I always thought Raspi was good in every ship. Maybe I just wasn't around when raspi was new to tw.
      not that i see him anymore, but he is probably only at like 3 years now, if even that. Could be as low as 2, i'm not sure. It took him maybe 3 months to reach the top level of the game, his first squad was SiEGE. That says something.

9for those of you that are new, that would mean Ice was your first squad....it's not quite the same thing, but they're the best comparisson currently)
      The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
      All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

<-
        Big Chill

Comment

Stripes as well became pretty good. Although I don't think either Stripes or Escalate really realized their full potential.
          Stripes, uh, no. He was at his prime a little before DG, DG, and some weeks after. And then downhill.
          DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
          Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
          Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
          -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RATTY...
            Stripes, uh, no. He was at his prime a little before DG, DG, and some weeks after. And then downhill.
            Yeah ... I know he isn't really that solid anymore or has not been for a long time. And Esc prob was the better of the two. Basically now both of them aren't as good as they were in their peak (albeit they improved in wb pretty quickly I thought ... many months ago).

Comment

that whole starting line that heavy has has come out of nowhere imo. they deserve some respect. especially apok/annoyance/slangin rock.

and epoch and sphinktor have surprised me the last few months with their level. i didn't really picture them as being as good as they seem to be now!
              Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
              Philos> there is something about you
              Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

I think randedl has gone from newb to good
                7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
                1:Rough> is radiation an element?
                8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
                Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
                Piston> I own in belim
                6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

Yeah ... I know he isn't really that solid anymore or has not been for a long time. And Esc prob was the better of the two. Basically now both of them aren't as good as they were in their peak (albeit they improved in wb pretty quickly I thought ... many months ago).
                  I just dont play as much as I did back then. my peak was not on DG.. lol? I have yet to reach my peak. as for my brother, he pretty much just got bored with it after winning twl. He could easily come back and be a top 5 wb in the game
                  Last edited by 3Stripes; 12-02-2005, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
                    and epoch and sphinktor have surprised me the last few months with their level. i didn't really picture them as being as good as they seem to be now!
                    But sphinktor has been playing for a looong time

Comment

Originally posted by Erathia
                      Then I got staff, promoted to ER, and while I was hosting zombies, Bartok and myself noticed there was this one really new player who, no matter WHAT happened, would always charge the zombies at the very start of the game and die horribly. It didn't matter what I tried to do to keep him alive, he just kept dying. He claimed it was on purpose, but I think he was really just a pathetic player. Anyways his uncrushable spirit... despite numerous crushing... was amusing for us to recruit this really immature, talentless newbie. He was named brookus.
                      heehee

Comment

Originally posted by 3Stripes
                        I just dont play as much as I did back then. my peak was not on DG.. lol? I have yet to reach my peak. as for my brother, he pretty much just got bored with it after winning twl. He could easily come back and be a top 5 wb in the game
                        If you used to play a lot, and didn't even reach your peak, then that means that you will never reach it (yes, that was your peak). Playing less doesn't make you better.
                        DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                        Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                        Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                        -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

By reaching my peak I meant playing a solid season of twl. Obviously at this point im not going to get much better skillwise, its just a matter of actually playing, which I plan on doing this season. I dunno who you are, but maybe you should get good yourself before talking shit about others you nerdy little man you

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold
                            Lunch3 got good extremely fast... granted at the time he was improving, it was the famous BD at least 7 times a day RB... but it was in a short period of time none the less. Actually, come to think of it, a lot of the good players that came from RB at that time did it in a short period of time. I find that if you have a squad with a couple of experienced core members that are active enough to bd every day, you can take a large group of newer players and accelerate their learning process. Take a look at squads in the past like Spastic and Mambo, who had a lot of pub lters, but were paired with a couple of more experienced guys who would BD non-stop. For Spastic it brought them to a championship and possibly to another in the future, and for Mambo and other squads it produced a larger core of basers now found in other basing squads.
                            lunch3 played back in year 1999 or something.. cause i remmeber being on the same squad as him called Anime*Elites or something... he used to spider back then already and was good at it..
                            9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
                            4:Nimrook> No?
                            4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
                            4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
                            4:Akuun> ROFL
                            4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
                            4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
                            4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

Stripes became good when he joined Violate then afterwards to Shriek and became a starting wb there in like less than a month... too bad Shriek got dq that season.. =(
                              9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
                              4:Nimrook> No?
                              4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
                              4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
                              4:Akuun> ROFL
                              4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
                              4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
                              4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

Winner: Ronaldo

:wub:
                                Original Mambonian
                                TWD Head Coordinator

Its frustrating to write these lines after every post^
                                I'd hope there would be another way..like some automatic system that fills them itself after every post.

Comment

Working...
                                X