No announcement yet.

Spider limitations? What a backwards irrelevent rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That would probably be stupid u'd probably have the lancs terrorizing lower sorta like a wb does. I dont think that the lanc should leep them settings they recharge way to fast and all kinds of thingz even tho they dont kill in 1 shot, they practicaly do. And i still think u'll see more javs/wb then lanc. Javs kill in bunches and make terr warp just from terror and lag can be implimented w/ this ship. Wher as Lanc is like a spider w/ stronger bulletrs and slower shooting.
    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

• Lancs as supporting ships that do major damage ... but NOT 1 kill damage would be cool. Fast recharge ... high damage ... but not fatal ... maybe widespread bullet.

Comment

• Well that is sort of how they are being tested now in .?go base, but its stupid a spider shoots 2-3 bulelts @ the lanc, hits on 1 and the lanc shoots and kills the spider, its stupid, at most the spider can usualy only get a kill/death @ same time w/ lanc in the open, unless he misses which is hard. Atleast a jav (not rocketing) that gets hit w/ 1 bullet cant shoot rite away, same w/ wb.
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

• But then it can sorta be balanced by making recharge slower for lanc ... but still have high damage (not 1 shot kill), and maybe slow muenuverability (sp?).

Comment

• I still haven't seen new lanc in ?go base. if they're so bs, why isn't anyone using them? or are they just using them when I'm not around?
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

• I'm pretty much done with this discussion since inorder to articulate the whole jav/spider argument beyond the cyclic crap we're in now, I'd need to talk for a page (yes, communications failing on my part, ya ya) on tactics, basing philosophy and some other stuff which would probably seem psuedo-metaphysical to the casual baser. I'd still be very willing to discuss this with anyone who wants to pm me here on the forums, or who's willing to catch me in game.

k2, there's a big difference between consistency in those numbers and anectdotal accounts. No offense to Domi or British Squad, but come on. That's not exactly the best example, you know? Yes the jav is supposed to provide terrkills, but I'd counter that winning base games is more about taking your sweet time while killing the terr, than actually killing it. You can take a look at the escalation of points from twt till now for some numbers behind that. K2, even with your anectdotal numbers, factor in teamkills and the make-ups of the teams and you're still not touching the advantage a good spider would bring.

It's been a good discussion, but it's really cyclical right now and that's getting no one anywhere. Just understand I'm not trying to kill "new teams" ability to compete, but rather make the entire community begin innovating again instead of simply rehashing the same strats. Now, whether that innovation comes from a map change (a possibility) or an increase in ship diversity (like the 4 spid rule promotes), doesn't really matter as long as the goal is achieved.

And to cig smoke in regards to his 5 spiders and newbies comments, please explain to me why I can't use my hands in soccer, or run with the ball in basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sufficient
                Lancs as supporting ships that do major damage ... but NOT 1 kill damage would be cool. Fast recharge ... high damage ... but not fatal ... maybe widespread bullet.
                Haha, get in the game. That is exactly what the new lancaster is like.
                sdg

Comment

• Originally posted by Stabwound
                  Haha, get in the game. That is exactly what the new lancaster is like.
                  And ppl say it's too powerful ... so slow down the recharge.

Comment

• Originally posted by wadi
                    I'm pretty much done with this discussion since inorder to articulate the whole jav/spider argument beyond the cyclic crap we're in now, I'd need to talk for a page (yes, communications failing on my part, ya ya) on tactics, basing philosophy and some other stuff which would probably seem psuedo-metaphysical to the casual baser. I'd still be very willing to discuss this with anyone who wants to pm me here on the forums, or who's willing to catch me in game.

k2, there's a big difference between consistency in those numbers and anectdotal accounts. No offense to Domi or British Squad, but come on. That's not exactly the best example, you know? Yes the jav is supposed to provide terrkills, but I'd counter that winning base games is more about taking your sweet time while killing the terr, than actually killing it. You can take a look at the escalation of points from twt till now for some numbers behind that. K2, even with your anectdotal numbers, factor in teamkills and the make-ups of the teams and you're still not touching the advantage a good spider would bring.

It's been a good discussion, but it's really cyclical right now and that's getting no one anywhere. Just understand I'm not trying to kill "new teams" ability to compete, but rather make the entire community begin innovating again instead of simply rehashing the same strats. Now, whether that innovation comes from a map change (a possibility) or an increase in ship diversity (like the 4 spid rule promotes), doesn't really matter as long as the goal is achieved.

And to cig smoke in regards to his 5 spiders and newbies comments, please explain to me why I can't use my hands in soccer, or run with the ball in basketball.
                    The goal is to make ss fun, and skillbased. Part of the fun, and also part of the skillbased is being able to choose what ships you want to play and what ships your team wants to play. It is not fun when you tell me I cannot play spider. The skillbased part comes in when my team decides to play to our strength ... if it is our strength to play 5 spids ... we will prob play 5 spids. So by restricting the spids to 4 max, you take away my fun, and you take away part of the decisionmaking skillbased part of basing.

I go as far to say that let ppl choose what they want to play and let the chips fall where they may.

Comment

• Agreed, squads should be allowed to play what is there best lineup in there mind. We BD RB 2 days ina row i think, or 2 in 3 days, both were 7v7 most of the time and yet they played a WB 1 game and a Jav the next. We played 4 spiders, and had a 1 spider advantage, we lost both games. The 2nd we should of won, but herc left and blah blah, but the point is Pirates in my mind have very good spiders, probably not the best, but over all better then average, and we had a 1 spider advantage and still lost.

As u said, the wb/jav make a terr warp, using his portal and all just from the fear. They both also are the things that rack up the terr kills, thats there strength, not every ship has to have 150+ kills to be usefull. And if ur other 4 spiders are capable they can pull off 150+ each , and a jav can have over 100 EZ if he is good. It mite not be another spider in killz but it makes up for it with group killz, and all different thigns. IN some instances a jav is better then a spider. Dont limit anything.

Im sry wadi, i mite be slow but i dont get what u mean "u cant use ur hands in soccer" and blah blah. Soccer isnt SS, and the goalie can use his hands.
                      _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

• Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                        Agreed, squads should be allowed to play what is there best lineup in there mind. We BD RB 2 days ina row i think, or 2 in 3 days, both were 7v7 most of the time and yet they played a WB 1 game and a Jav the next. We played 4 spiders, and had a 1 spider advantage, we lost both games. The 2nd we should of won, but herc left and blah blah, but the point is Pirates in my mind have very good spiders, probably not the best, but over all better then average, and we had a 1 spider advantage and still lost.
                        Crazy Canockout is an amazingly irritating shark Quite good.
                        - k2

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodzombie
                          I still haven't seen new lanc in ?go base. if they're so bs, why isn't anyone using them? or are they just using them when I'm not around?
                          ppl play it. malladrin <ZH> has gotten pretty handy with it.
                          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

• Ya k2, me and CC are a pretty good team, bc he's aggressive as can be and im more laid back and Herc well he's just a sexy terr =p We are finaly getting a lil betta in base, but ur jav/wb were still very annoying, especialy Whyte in wb the 1st game.
                            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                            X