Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 5: Again!

Dear TWL Players,

As you all might know, there was a dramatic number of Bot crashes this weekend. This caused the weekend to be stopped at sunday after the 2 EST matches basically.
    The reason for this bot crash is a database connection problem, causing bots to fail. We are working hard on the problem, and it is in research. However if it will be solved the upcoming week, is a good question and i can not promise you..

Week 5 Deja Vu
    TWL operators decided to let the week continue the upcoming week, so no week 6. This means matches that were finished correctly (all or not manual) will have the score counted. This is, considering the appeals the following matches who are finished:

- TWLD Gantz vs Syne
    - TWLJ Heavy vs Rusher
    - TWLD RB vs simulate
    - TWLJ Whipe vs Ancients
    - TWLJ Mambo vs Spastic

All OTHER matches that were not played, unfinished with crash, or finished but with appeal will be replayed. Scheduling is now up again. Negotiate at will captains!
    Last edited by Rodge_Rabbit; 03-22-2005, 11:34 AM.
    Greets,
    Roger

Hey man this sux! Why is RBvsSims game the only game on Sunday that doesn't get to be replayed? All games on Sunday should be replayed. RBvsSim was just as bad as the others..it didnt even feel like a twld game...not even a dd...RBvsSim should be replayed too!
    (castromarx)>reaver, accord and i are busy playing with our balls

1:JAMAL> just farted smells good as fuk

Argentina> weeeee oooooh weeeee oooooh
    Argentina> look at me kids!
    Argentina> I'm an ambulance!

Comment

Edit:
      Last edited by Hercules; 03-22-2005, 11:49 PM.
      I found a nickel and I bought a fishing pole, Then I sold some fish, got a raft, fished more, sold massive fish, sold raft, bought a ship, hired a first mate (awesome), picked up a crew, won TWL.....

http://pirates.exquisitehosting.com/...ercules_02.gif

Comment

All Twl ops or Twl related staff will you please start up continuum, go into a zone and type: "?squadjoin=twl-ops own pirates:Stupid complot against sexy people"

Kthx,... i could name atleast 3 occasions on which we got our behinds screwed open really hard.
        TWLM-J Champion Season 8 :wub:
        TWLM-D Champion Season 9 <_<
        TWLM-B Champion Season 10 :pirate2:
        First person to win all different TWLM'ers :greedy:

Comment

So our twl-d win doesnt count because it was hosted manually; what you guys should do more of because of unfair situations like this. This doesn't make a lot of sense, but then again, I'm talking to TWL staff. You need a TWL bot to say we won? I mean the 120+ ppl that were in the arena, including our host saw we won. Not good enough, eh? lol. Thanks for taking away our win that we earned, continue to fix/screw TWL more.

This league has become comical now, congrats.
          RaCka> how can i get you here
          death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
          RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
          death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Whoa hold on, if that was the reason our match was voided too, Pirates demand some explaination as to why a manually hosted match cannot count for official records, just like drow has said.
            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
            Failure teaches success.
            . â–²
            ▲ ▲

Comment

If staff wasent so damn lazy they would manually host all games like they used to.

P.S. If the bots fuck up time after time week after week, why bother, you got like 20 <ER>s that would probably be more than willing to host with just a TWBot. I remember when <ER>'s were required to host 5 league games per month.

Comment

I gotta bitch just a little here.. excuse the french but this TWL is pretty fucked up. You have everything on Rodge's shoulders and PL spending most of his time posting useless anonymous emails instead of something useful. Can't fail to mention the useless time consuming 'special map package arenas' whoopdidoo.

I can see now how much THE PUSHER really did. Even the hot or not section, what the hell man how hard is it to code an html page Wax? Another thing I think is bullshit is all the 'it takes days to input things'. I could pump out html pages that list the scores lagouts just the same as now in under 30 minutes. Enough about that..

I think the manual matches should of counted.. otherwise why waste peoples time and go thru with it. Anyways, thats my two cents.

Comment

Wow...why would you have wasted peoples time manually hosting matches to then have them taken away..Epi i think its time you step up and set these newbie staff members straight...but i blame Weaver for whatever happens cuz he's a fucking douche bag <_<

p.s. if the seasons gonna keep going like this, just end the misery and cancel the fucking season..the little time i take out of my life to play this crap, i'd hate to see it go to waste like this -_-
                  Last edited by Rogue; 03-22-2005, 02:37 PM.
                  "I'm a fucking walking paradox, no I'm not
                  Threesomes with a fucking triceratops, Reptar
                  " - Tyler the Creator
                  Yonkers video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw

Comment

thanks so much rodge. i'm so glad these are getting replayed, several factors could have won the game for either teams since there were no bots.
                    7:RaCka> yo
                    7:ph> hi
                    7:RaCka> LOL PH HI
                    7:ph> oops
                    7:ph> i mean FUCK YOU ****ER
                    7:ph> fucking freudian slip

Comment

like everyone else before me said, what the hell was the point of playing manually hosted matches if you're gonna ignore the results and make us play them again.

please post our win (and the other teams wins/losses) and continue with the next round of games.

Comment

i agree the -f- vs venom match has no good reason to not be counted, but seriously, who cares? its regular season...neither -f- nor venom have any worries about making the playoffs, so the regular season is a big warmup anyways.

im looking forward to it because the match (although it wasnt the hosts or bot's fault) was fucked. FF didnt play because of some internal issues, and we picked up 7 lagout deaths because of some random connection problems. it really makes no difference to me whether venom finishes 7-3, 8-2, or 9-1 in the regular season. im glad the match is being replayed because it will be fun.
                        There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

Whose decision was it to manually host the games? If its the same person who decided not to count them, I would like to give big ups on making last weekend a waste of time.

Games which were in the middle of playing when a bot died should be replayed. Games which were manually hosted should not.
                          I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

I suggest we make a big deal about this. There are advertising dollars at stake after all.

llater,
                            Tony

Comment

wheres the week 4 hot or not its been a week and 2 days

Comment

Working...
                              X