Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Should TWL Round 2 start Jan. 3-4th?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cig Smoke View Post
    I dont realy see the point in making a decision, announcing it, then letting ppl vote on it. There comes a point where TWL runners have to like have the power etc. Now every time some lil shit comes everyone will want 1 of these homo votes.
    good point.. but i'm kinda glad that with mirrorrim (who's new as OP and obviously makes (small) mistakes because of that) we've someone who doesn't stick to her (?) decisions when they're pretty weak.. i'm pleased to see we don't have a stubborn dumb shit (anymore) as OP who refuses to admit when he's wrong..
    and like me, knockers, and others probably pointed out that poll was pretty dumb.. i could've noted that when i saw the poll the first time.. but then there wouldn't have been this new episode of TWL-drama (thanks dreamwin) and i live for the drama man!

ps. merry christmas ciggy
    Last edited by Dabram; 12-27-2008, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Should stick to the initial decision. Perhaps people already made plans regarding it, and it's not fair to waffle on those types of things.

Just my opinion, though.
      RaCka> how can i get you here
      death row> well basically im holdin off cuz i jus joined sweet. so its not u, its me
      RaCka> YOU'RE DUMPING ME?!?!?!?
      death row> LOL I KNOW I JUS READ THAT LINE AGAIN

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
        Dreamwin, I don't understand your points... did you actually plan a vacation around Trench Wars, or is there another reason that only having a weeks notice that we will actually have a match next weekend matters so much to you?

So you can't make it, big deal, most people aren't going to make every weekend anyway.
        no lol, i blame it to my bad english, im out of this thread forever!!!! MWHAHHAW! !!---SLASH---!!
        Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
        Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
        Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
        Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
        Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
        Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
        Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

well, you could interpret the soft lock rule 2 ways. The first way that makes sense and is as the rule is intended is that if you leave your squad before the last matches of TWL on week one you can join another squad, even if you played in week 1. The second way that doesnt make any sense but has been used as an excuse in the past to keep certain people from playing is that if you were on a TWL squad at any point in the season you couldnt join another after the lock. IMO theres no room to misinterpret that wording, but hell someone managed to. I wasnt bringing up an argument about soft lock though, im just saying thats a rule that has caused confusion in the past (and present - see thread about a2m). There are also other rules in the past that personally i have seen interpreted in interesting ways.
          I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
          I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
            well, you could interpret the soft lock rule 2 ways. The first way that makes sense and is as the rule is intended is that if you leave your squad before the last matches of TWL on week one you can join another squad, even if you played in week 1. The second way that doesnt make any sense but has been used as an excuse in the past to keep certain people from playing is that if you were on a TWL squad at any point in the season you couldnt join another after the lock. IMO theres no room to misinterpret that wording, but hell someone managed to. I wasnt bringing up an argument about soft lock though, im just saying thats a rule that has caused confusion in the past (and present - see thread about a2m). There are also other rules in the past that personally i have seen interpreted in interesting ways.
            Oh alright, I'll straight up agree with you on all that. Well your opinion is mine as well. People are foooools

As for a2m, I was under the understanding that he squadleft before the lock, by like a matter of hours and minutes. They were doing zoners in game saying the lock would be in place after all the games had been completed for the weekend. His finished before the weekends games in total. So if you asked me, a2m is in the free and clear to join another twl squad.
            7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
            7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
            7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
            7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
            1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Since you guys seem keen to continue the lengthy soft-lock debate
              http://forums.trenchwars.org/showpos...1&postcount=47
              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
                Since you guys seem keen to continue the lengthy soft-lock debate
                http://forums.trenchwars.org/showpos...1&postcount=47
                Yo I'm with you Flab, total backup. People start to lay down the bitchin' on you, call up your local SS attourny Knockers, Capital Knockers.

James Bond eat your heart out.

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"

Comment

Just remove soft lock, it's dumb rule anyway. Or then at least add a rule that player cant join the same sqd he left, now thats even more stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
                    If you have an opinion, voice it here or forever hold your peace.
                    ok, why dont u newbie staff members stick with your fucking decisions in the first place instead of making polls 3 weeks later asking otherwise?

no wonder this zone is going to shit especially the way this league is being run

either stick with your fucking decisions or leave staff please

Comment

knockers is kissing ass for staff now?

Comment

Originally posted by Money View Post
                        knockers is kissing ass for staff now?
                        lol dude. I'm not kissing anyones ass, I'm taking their side. (edit - in addition, i was the one who asked for this poll and with good reason, so you better believe im going to defend it - as for Doc Flabby, the soft lock debate, isn't a debate at all, some people are just stupid enough to think so. Therefore when Flabby made his post, I felt the need to state that I was on his side about it. As staff must sometimes feel like they can't please anyone, and personally i'd like to prevent them from having mental breakdowns so we can continue to play twl) The point you made, is one that's already been made and defeated entirely. Maybe people should actually read before they post and make themselves look like angry fools.

Same with Phred, point you made has been brought up and defeated. Too many people want the soft lock in place. Why abolish something just because a few members of the community think it isn't needed? It isn't harming anyone by keeping it in place, yet people keep taking shots at staff about it.

When are people going to learn to fucking read before they write. I get ADD/ADHD, but it's not like thinking before talking. You have time before you write and hit that little button. Make sure you aren't just repeating something that someone has already said, and been made look like an idiot for. Otherwise you look like twice the idiot.

Honestly, get a fucking brain people, stop clicking a forum thread and just making a whine post.

Originally posted by Money View Post
                        ok, why dont u newbie staff members stick with your fucking decisions in the first place instead of making polls 3 weeks later asking otherwise?

no wonder this zone is going to shit especially the way this league is being run

either stick with your fucking decisions or leave staff please
                        Honestly money, you're usually a dude with your head on your shoulders. Read why they're changing this before making a stupid comment like that please. Just take a look at my previous posts in this thread, and your WHY question will be answered.

This has been the best set of TWL staff in years, stop giving them fucking headaches.
                        Last edited by Capital Knockers; 12-27-2008, 03:48 PM.

Comment

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOlOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Comment

Since it is obvious that everyone wants to play next weekend can we start scheduling times?
                            A glass can only spill what it contains.

"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

"I do not really understand myself these days. I am supposed to be an average, reasonable, & intelligent young man. However, lately (I cannot recall when it started) I have been a victim of many unusual & irrational thoughts."-Charles Whitman

Comment

Well I suppose someone can explain then why soft lock is good rule, and whats the point of players being able to join same squad they left.

Comment

It would be a very bad idea and poor management to change the initial decision that was posted on the website already.

TWL Round 2 will start the weekend of Jan 10th-11th.

Keep it that way because my squad of 12 players have already made plans based on the website/zoners saying that TWL will resume Jan 10th-11th.

Comment

Working...
                                X