Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thread not about the Thunder sub that cost Pirates the game. Don't worry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread not about the Thunder sub that cost Pirates the game. Don't worry.

Im sorry but there won't be a Hot or Not LD this week, I was much more busy with the Superbowl then I was watching twld games so the only reason I made this post was to say that there won't be a LD HoN this week, but since I already made this forum thread only to tell about that I might as well talk about something else related to TWL in this thread.

The bot made a mistake and counted Ease's death. - Mirrorrim

Ok first of all you shouldn't have closed that other thread, especially on a final word like that crap. The bot specced the player when he had 10 deaths, for that to happen the player had to have died, there is no other possible explanation for why the bot removed ease. Just because YOU didn't see the bullet hitting him, and nobody else saw the bullet hit him doesn't mean there were other factors involved, such as lag or any other number of issues. It is naive to think that you are able to judge the fact that someone didn't actually die based on what you saw, when both the server showed 10 deaths, and the bot (which also keeps track of deaths on its own) showed 10 deaths.

Now the only reason I know that you are wrong on this matter Mirrorrim is that you would have gone with what the winner of this game would have said in either case. But lets change the circumstances a little bit for the sake of argument.

It was 1v1 in TWLJ Pirates vs Thunder, Both javs took one final shot at each other and both shots ended up hitting, It just so happened that Vys's shot ended up shooting just a tiny bit faster, but at the same time Burnt decided to sub out ease because he saw the bomb coming. You didn't see the bomb hitting Ease beforehand, but the game and the bot happened to catch it and the Matchbot counted the game as over with Pirates winning, even though Thunder still has a player in the game because of glitching the sub.

So what would you do in this situation, the game has already ended would you have

1. Trusted the bot and the game to decide who the winner was and who was on 10 kills?

or

2. Used your own eyes and possibly laggy connection to the game to decide this based on circumstantial evidence.

I think that you made a very very poor decision on this appeal, especially with Thunders history of fucking over other squads. You are basically giving every squad permission to try to take advantage of a glitch in the subbing system that Thunder decided to purposefully abused. I hope you enjoy the rest of the TWL season where every squad purposefully tries to sub people out really late in the game to try to get a 1 or 2 death advantage on the other team. Just another black mark on TWL to show that every year it depends less and less on a skill and more about who you know in staff to decide who wins. And I thought you were actually doing a decent job up until now.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

in before the lock since thunder has the twl ops in their pockets.
    Originally posted by Tone
    It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
    Originally posted by the_paul
    Gargle battery acid fuckface
    Originally posted by Material Girl
    I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

This thread is to discuss my TWLD Hot or Not article not being written this weekend, the whole thunder/pirates appeal situation is just an after thought.
      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Yeah that post was frigging hilarious.

From now on any kill which came from a bullet that didn't hit on a TWL Op's screen I want to have overruled thanks very much. We obviously can't trust on our server to get these things correctly. Also probably every hit that doesn't kill should be called as a kill!
        These things surely will improve the game a lot, and will not lead to controversy at all, the human eye is impeccable!

I've never heard of people dying of bullets that never hit them.

Comment

thunder sucks

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
            This thread is to discuss my TWLD Hot or Not article not being written this weekend, the whole thunder/pirates appeal situation is just an after thought.
            doesn't matter, thunder will say "jump" and the ops will say "how high" without hesitating.

your article was sorely missed btw, i noticed an 86% decrease in interesting shit-stirring this week.
            Originally posted by Tone
            It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
            Originally posted by the_paul
            Gargle battery acid fuckface
            Originally posted by Material Girl
            I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

I don't think mirr understands that ease's ship blew up right before the sub went through thus giving him 10 deaths by still subbing in ardour. I'm not going to insult her but I feel like t right about now. Of nothing more comes of this ( the appeal ) this dumb ducking glitch needs to have a rule made about it.
              4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
              4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
              4:Geio> DEEZ?
              4:Geio> LOLOL
              4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
              4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
              4:spirit> LOL
              4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
              4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Meh I watched three of the games I suppose, I might be able to get a half ass HioN up before I post my Features/Power Ranks. Just for you PH.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Maybe something to consider next season is to change the bot to randomise the time at which sub takes place better (thus being harder to predict).

As an aside...would have been interesting to see if the game server thought of the number of deaths at the time (ie in the F2 menu after re-entering the arena). The bot after all is just another client (effectively a person(robotic) watching the game).
                  Last edited by Doc Flabby; 02-02-2009, 03:01 PM.
                  Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                  Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
                    Maybe something to consider next season is to change the bot to randomise the time at which sub takes place better (thus being harder to predict).

As an aside...would have been interesting to see if the game server thought of the number of deaths at the time (ie in the F2 menu after re-entering the arena). The bot after all is just another client (effectively a person(robotic) watching the game).

It showed him with 10 deaths. That's why we are pissed.
                    4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL

Comment

Not to mention that bots generally have 0-10ms pings. Which is noticeably lower than most players.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

lol i already explained this in the other thread. It wasnt abuse of the system, it was lag. The server subbed out Ease at the right time, but before Ease saw it on his machine about 100ms later, he saw himself get hit by the bullet. Since you die instantly when the bullet hits you on your screen, he took that extra death when he shouldnt have. The fact that he died is the glitch, not the sub. I wasnt there to see it develop, but I'm going to assume draft made the sub call cause ease was getting rushed 3v1 or something. Good (assistant) captaining
                        I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                        I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Izor View Post
                          lol i already explained this in the other thread. It wasnt abuse of the system, it was lag. The server subbed out Ease at the right time, but before Ease saw it on his machine about 100ms later, he saw himself get hit by the bullet. Since you die instantly when the bullet hits you on your screen, he took that extra death when he shouldnt have. The fact that he died is the glitch, not the sub. I wasnt there to see it develop, but I'm going to assume draft made the sub call cause ease was getting rushed 3v1 or something. Good (assistant) captaining

That wasn't the case at all actually so kindly keep your opinion to yourself especially if you admittedly didn't see what happened.

Comment

thunder's lame as fuck.
                            Originally posted by turmio
                            jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                            Originally posted by grand
                            I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

It's possible to die and enter specator mode at the same time, or die and change ship at the same time, just try it out in ?go javs or something, if you time it really well it will eventually happen. The game is far from perfect. That's what allows someone to die while the bot is processing their sub. It's not bot lag in processing the sub, it's something any one of us can duplicate on our own - dying and changing ship/freq when timing the change perfectly.
                              If what I'm reading is true, then I've seen the same situation happen in TWD games, intentionally, and I've actually warned people (rarely, only if they do it over and over) for abusing this bug in the bot - the score in the f2 box tells all.

Comment

Working...
                              X