100 Top Javs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you all new?

Or Is everyone forgetting that the servers back in the days were all located in Finland?

So yes, the great old school players like Sika, blood, Psymorph, etc.. were playing without lag back then.. and then had to adapt when SSCU servers went to the US.

And they were all still awesome nonetheless.

Comment

sorry, but that is a ridiculous claim. they did not start playing 5-7 years before me as that would mean they would've started before the creation of this game, although it is true that i haven't played trench wars for that long -- first time started appearing in this zone early 2002 after all, had more fun playing other zones and games back in the day. nevertheless, the javelin scene was never that big in the earlier days of trench wars, as far as i know, and i did in fact manage to see the most of the great players when they were "peaking" in that ship and can still remember how most of them played or how their lag looked like.

there is no way to set strict guidelines to follow unless you want to completely ruin the zone and go with the discrimination approach; anyone with above 40ms is not allowed to play. having higher than 0.3% s2c or c2s not allowed as would no spikes. however, that would mean that the leagues would suck when we would see no good players.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
        sorry, but that is a ridiculous claim. they did not start playing 5-7 years before me as that would mean they would've started before the creation of this game, although it is true that i haven't played trench wars for that long -- first time started appearing in this zone early 2002 after all, had more fun playing other zones and games back in the day. nevertheless, the javelin scene was never that big in the earlier days of trench wars, as far as i know, and i did in fact manage to see the most of the great players when they were "peaking" in that ship and can still remember how most of them played or how their lag looked like.

there is no way to set strict guidelines to follow unless you want to completely ruin the zone and go with the discrimination approach; anyone with above 40ms is not allowed to play. having higher than 0.3% s2c or c2s not allowed as would no spikes. however, that would mean that the leagues would suck when we would see no good players.
        Honestly you don't know shit about the past generation like Sika, Blood, Psymorph etc. If you did you would stfu and quit referencing them as having equivalent lag to you. I don't know what aliases you played on and don't care - all I saw was start date on Turban was 05. The people from your squads (you, zidane, ease, beam, steadman) etc hate on the past generation. Ease was always whining about Sika's lag. As for the jav scene, leagues existed long before TWL, so unless you were playing in 1999, 2000 etc you missed out on alot. You might not like to hear it Turb but other ppl were around back in day and remember more of that time then you do. Singer is accurate the servers were in Finland and many Finns connections were often near flawless back in day, it was north american's on dialups who had trouble.

Its not one way or the other - your blanket statement "the discrimination approach" - saying that more enforcement of lag issues would ruin everything is clearly inaccurate. Simply put bench long time laggots from playoffs, and you will have more fair results.

Comment

that's funny coming from rule who started sika/psymorph in twlj about 2 seasons ago when they have been known laggots for years (and a cheater in the case of sika). you're such a hypocrite it's sad, you cry about turban playing twlj but you were a captain and added laggots into the game. shut the fuck up already

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
            that's funny coming from rule who started sika/psymorph in twlj about 2 seasons ago when they have been known laggots for years (and a cheater in the case of sika). you're such a hypocrite it's sad, you cry about turban playing twlj but you were a captain and added laggots into the game. shut the fuck up already
            Oh its the game's biggest troll and fgt Zidane adding his two cents. As usual its a bunch of concocted bullshit imagined up in your head. Your a garbage troll, and have been for ages. Zidane go back to your day job of blowing with Ease.

Comment

classic rule, knows he's wrong and keeps ignoring everything i say. did you not add 2 laggots into reals lj lineup less than 2 years ago? yeah you did. now shut the fuck up already you irrelevant piece of crap

Comment

Psymorph has never lagged. Avarus (still unconfirmed if it was Sika) had a playable connection.

Keep trolling Zidane. Everyone knows your a useless piece of shit. Just look at the company you keep, Beam, Steadman etc. Biggest losers, trolls and whiners.

Take your own advice and shut the fuck up.

Comment

"Avarus (unconfirmed if it was sika)" ? that is honestly the biggest load of bullshit i've ever heard in my life. You're telling me you added a random person you didn't know in twlj finals/the whole season. you are a total liar/hypocrite and are garbage at this game and have always been garbage. shut the fuck up you dinosaur

also people knock on the old generation because several of the old winners have been garbage in the past 10 years (including your shitty self)

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                    "Avarus (unconfirmed if it was sika)" ? that is honestly the biggest load of bullshit i've ever heard in my life. You're telling me you added a random person you didn't know in twlj finals/the whole season. you are a total liar/hypocrite and are garbage at this game and have always been garbage. shut the fuck up you dinosaur

also people knock on the old generation because several of the old winners have been garbage in the past 10 years (including your shitty self)
                    Zidane your apparently mentally challenged kid who comes up with nice little scenarios and pipe dreams. For years you have been an incessant troll, pming vets and acting like one of the games biggest turds - during season and off season. You deserve 0 respect - because your a useless piece of shit. Your a garbage jav, garbage personality. Keep imagining that the leagues are 1/15th of what they used to be. Troll and whine your way through the seasons that are left with your group of morons. Going to keep calling you out for what you are: Garbage. You don't stand anywhere near any of the vets of the past including myself, your a classless whining (cried your way to TWLJ 18 decision over dice) baby.

In game when you pm me out of blue, trolling I tell you stfu, ignored and move on, will do same here now. Shut the fuck up. Not going to waste anymore time today on you.

- Rule

Comment

rule you're beyond delusional and you need to stop living in the past. you're a liar/hypocrite who doesn't even play this game, you're the one who trolls this game. also you calling me garbage is laughable, i think this whole zone knows you're absolute trash and have been forever. please quit already as you haven't contributed in the slightest for years.

Incoming message from Rule: Zidane you're a troll and pm'd me 3 years ago!!!! Ahhh!!!! You suck

please shut the fuck up already as ive already proven you're a lying sack of shit

Comment

1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

well, to his defense, rule used to be fairly decent based on the couple of games that i saw back in the day. never a top-tier player, which he can probably admit himself, but still good enough to carry his own weight. nevertheless, no one can say for a certainity whether the new generation of players are better (based on pure skill alone) than the old players or if the skill levels are on the same level. i do agree that there is way less team-based strategy involved in the games and that there simply isn't as much squad rivarly as there used to be, but no one can blame that on the failures of past TWL seasons -- it all comes down to the decline of the population (which dwindled the amount of active squads participating in TWD) and nothing more. someone might blame staff for the decline and some may blame the players, but ultimately we're all at fault.

i do know for a fact that this zone and many other used to have their server located in finland (teliasonera was hosting company if my memory serves me correctly) and that the americans/canadians were the ones getting accused of lag cheating -- although, it was during the time when most people didn't have access to a decent connection and several were still using dial-up, so i guess that's different when comparing to the current day. it's quite funny how the tables have turned since the servers moved to the US as nowadays most europeans are the ones being called out for lag cheating and abusing their higher latency. oh, the irony.

Comment

only one thing has changed in the past 10 years and that is the amount of active squads and players playing this game. it is ridiculous to say that the overall skill level has drastically dropped over the years when in fact there is still a great deal of excellent players participating in the leagues and tournaments, however it would be accurate to claim that there is far less great players as the population has dropped over the years.

sika had an average latency of 140ms to 160ms with spikes in during that season when he used the name avaruus alus. it has been confirmed that it was sika and he also played with the name avatar for one season with similar lag and tons of people were complaining about it.

Comment

it is a well-known fact that thunder (or pandora) has some of the worst internet personalities this game had seen since DEA, however most squads are exactly the same and have at least one or two players that are hated by several of the competitive players; you simply have to learn to live with that fact. one could even claim that you are a big troll, and ignorant on top of it at least based on your past (and present) posts filled with hatred and disgust towards other players, but there is no way you could admit it yourself. not everyone is capable of noticing their own flaws and even if they do, they still need the guts to admit their flaws.

i know sika and psymorph well enough to talk about them and their lag accurately, thank you very much. you, however, do not know anything about me and should stop assuming things that simply aren't correct. i have missed a lot of the trench wars history, due to playing other zones that i found to be more competitive or fun at the time, and have no regrets about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post
                                it is a well-known fact that thunder (or pandora) has some of the worst internet personalities this game had seen since DEA, however most squads are exactly the same and have at least one or two players that are hated by several of the competitive players; you simply have to learn to live with that fact. one could even claim that you are a big troll, and ignorant on top of it at least based on your past (and present) posts filled with hatred and disgust towards other players, but there is no way you could admit it yourself. not everyone is capable of noticing their own flaws and even if they do, they still need the guts to admit their flaws.

i know sika and psymorph well enough to talk about them and their lag accurately, thank you very much. you, however, do not know anything about me and should stop assuming things that simply aren't correct. i have missed a lot of the trench wars history, due to playing other zones that i found to be more competitive or fun at the time, and have no regrets about it.
                                Hey Turban. The old generation of players was better then yours. Get over it, and stop crying, rationalizing your lag/citing other players/repeating your own opinions, and whining when a vet holds a different opinion/does not agree with you. The consensus is out players who like you like you have pointed out that your lag individually was outrageous in the value game and you should of benched - we have seen it for years with you time and again. I don't think much of your jav ability or Zidane's or the majority of Thunder's, with a few exceptions. I think even less of your piss poor personality's. Far more respect goes to newbie1234 playing pub for the first time. Can you handle that? or will that create a raging egotistical crybaby like Zidane?

Time to move on.

- Rule
                                Last edited by Rule; 08-03-2014, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X