No announcement yet.

[TW MAFIA] Doom of Westeros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voth You're wasting your time on Kthx today. Focus elsewhere. Rodney and the entire MIA crew are worth looking at far more right now. Your argument is based around Kthx lying about being a Firefighter, but it doesn't work. Even if Kthx is scum, he could still be a Firefighter. Theres no reason scum couldn't have one, since a Mafia Firefighter in a game where the SK is an Arsonist is just a glorified Mafia Doctor.

The only real point you have to your argument that works right now is Kthx possibly made a scum slip with his 'town could have multiple factions' claim. As already said previously, unless a townie comes out of the woodwork to claim a different faction than Realm-Aligned, then I dont understand how any townie would randomly assume there are multiple town factions. Scum might, because their role doesn't say Realm-Aligned, but why would a townie think that?

I'd also argue one more point against Kthx, which is his weird 'Missa must be the Godfather, because I protected her from the SK' and then the subsequent 'Nevermind, Missa isnt scum at all, because I protected her from the SK' statements. They are nonsensical and look like either a very bad scum overeach trying to get a townie lynched, or a scum buddy trying to distance themselves from their partner. The quick backtrack after you called him out, and Missa being all 'Oh thank you wonderful townie Kthx for saving me and also for saying I'm town!' thing both look disingenuous enough that it looks like scum theater to me.

That all said, Kthx is the wrong lynch today, and I'll stand by that regardless of what he flips later. I dont have him as confirmed town by any means, but there are far too many unknowns in this game to start lynching the first player to full claim, one that coincidentally fits the lack of an extra NK from the SK. That would be dumb as hell and bad play. Maybe Kthx isnt a Firefighter and Fis actually targetted the Godfather and/or didnt submit a kill, and Kthx is taking advantage of it. That's what I did last game when WillBy died, and it worked, so it's not impossible he would do that, but it's improbable considering Kthx was the first and only person in this game to full claim. He didnt claim something that obscure either, because Arsonists by default (not assuming modifications we dont know about) can only be stopped by a Firefighter, not a Doctor. If you were scum, would you gamble the entire game on being the first person in the game to claim, using Firefighter as your fakeclaim when it's very likely town would actually have a real one? That's like claiming Doctor or Cop on Day 2 as scum, before anyone else has role claimed and you cannot reasonable figure out whether your fake claim is safe or not. It just doesn't make any logical sense. I'd not do that as scum. The only way I see scum doing that is if they are flathead idiots that didnt think it through before they made the claim. Kthx may be an inbred hillbilly with severe fetal alcohol syndrome, but he has a workable brain.

The real people we should be focusing on are those who are MIA all game, yet have a history of NOT being MIA in mafia games. Rodney is that person right now. Yes, he was active last game as scum, but he had me and Paul to go back and forth with in the thread, plus Halp was constantly affirming his innocence every other post. It gave him a safe environment to post freely and not give a shit. He didnt have to worry that town would catch him scum slip, because had any of then actually done so, one of me or Paul would've found a way to change focus onto someone else. Rodney likely doesn't have that right now, which leaves me to believe his teammates are useless and inactive, perhaps someone like Erias or Jerome. There's 100% at least one scum from the list of inactives who threw their vote away on random people Day 1, so that's a good place to lynch today IMO. Also, I sure as fuck dont want the endgame to be something like Erias, Jerome, and intertube left over, all doing nothing productive as scum win easily due to town having zero leadership. That scenario was why it was so easy for scum to win last game.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by field View Post
      [VOTE COUNT]
      ​​​​​​halp - 4 (backwards, kthx, the_paul, fis)
      fis - 3 (Voth, Exalt, halp)
      WillBy - 1 (Erias)
      Missa - 1 (inertube)
      the_paul - 1 (rodney)
      voth - 1 (Missa)
      kthx - 1 (jerome)
      rodney - 1 (WillBy)

As votes stand, halp is set to be lynched.

Phase change:
      30 mins from now.
      This was the Day 1 vote. Intertube, Jerome, Rodney, Missa, WillBy, Erias were all 100% useless. WillBy was active too, so that looks even worse for him. Missa claimed she was afraid we'd call her scummy if she voted fis. Erias is new. Intertube posted only once this game. Rodney was active early, then convienently went MIA before deadline.

I'd bet the entire game that there are multiple scum in this group of useless voters. WillBy and Rodney stand out the most to me, because both know better and gave no excuse as to why they were purposely useless.
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• I'll be pretty honest. I am pressing Kthx because I see holes in his roleclaim and because he has done a bunch of scummy shit so far. The amount of lurking going on is making this game nearly impossible to do anything besides press every possible lead and put everyone on their toes.

That said, picking a random newbie lurker out and lynching them seems like a big waste. I am
        more interested in your idea to press Rodney though, because he is better than this and while I can grant a pass on the weekend for inactivity, here we sit on Wednesday morning and he is still MIA.

Also, I stand by my previous feelings that Willby and Paul are playing odd as fuck. They only show up to dodge questions, act dumb as shit, and make distracting bullshit narrative-driven posts. Neither of them play like that as town.

I will give Kthx a pass for now as pressing him has done what I intended.

unvote kthx
        vote the_paul

Back to basics and my original gut. You are playing scummy as hell.

RoDNeY my vote can definitely switch to you if you don't pick it up
        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Champion Season 11
        TWLB All-Star Season 10
        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• You guys sure do write a lot damn it! I don't understand well roles and such so i base my decisions solely on my intuition. Well i thought that Voth and Exalt wanted to save Halp for some reason and when Halp role was revealed made me think "oh look those might be the good guys", but since they wanted Fis lynched and he/she (fis is a she?) died in the night i changed my thought in to "either one of them could have killed him", and i like Voth so Exalt got my vote.
          Guess since i'm new i got some kind of "protection" on me ahah no one would ruin a poor boy first mafia game aite?

Comment

• I'd be fine with lynching Rodney, Paul, or WillBy, but I'm not sold on Paul yet. Theres more of a chance imo of Paul being town and acting this way than there is of WillBy being town acting this way. Paul IS acting scummy, because he is fence sitting constantly, acts like he's clueless, and he won't commit to anything, but I guess I see that from him even as town to a small extent. WillBy doing what he's doing is just weird though.

WillBy was 100% useless all of Day 1, and he never moved his useless RVS vote even when asking for a phase change almost right before deadline. His name claim is the Night King, which is equivalent to saying he's Michael Corleone if the game was based around the Godfather series. He's asked for a mass name claim, even if it's useless. He hinted that he was a lyncher, then backtracked and just said he's looking for a 'king' or something weird like that. He's been pushing Backwards to full claim. Idk, it just doesn't add up to townie to me.

As for Rodney, well... maybe real life caught up to him, idk. I've never seen him this inactive as town though.

One of those 3 are probably scum, but idk who.
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Frankly with only 4 of us being active this game it's pretty much impossible to make any real progress without them being here to make missteps. Maybe we should put the game on hiatus until Monday with the 4th and the weekend coming up since it looks like very people have any intention of actually playing.

field
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                I'd be fine with lynching Rodney, Paul, or WillBy, but I'm not sold on Paul yet. Theres more of a chance imo of Paul being town and acting this way than there is of WillBy being town acting this way. Paul IS acting scummy, because he is fence sitting constantly, acts like he's clueless, and he won't commit to anything, but I guess I see that from him even as town to a small extent. WillBy doing what he's doing is just weird though.

WillBy was 100% useless all of Day 1, and he never moved his useless RVS vote even when asking for a phase change almost right before deadline. His name claim is the Night King, which is equivalent to saying he's Michael Corleone if the game was based around the Godfather series. He's asked for a mass name claim, even if it's useless. He hinted that he was a lyncher, then backtracked and just said he's looking for a 'king' or something weird like that. He's been pushing Backwards to full claim. Idk, it just doesn't add up to townie to me.

As for Rodney, well... maybe real life caught up to him, idk. I've never seen him this inactive as town though.

One of those 3 are probably scum, but idk who.
                Specially since rodney JUST posted he would be more active now that he's back from the jersey shore???

my scum list: willby, Rodney...... then maybe innertube or Erias?

Originally posted by Turban
                everyone new(ish) player seems to be naive as fuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                  I'd be fine with lynching Rodney, Paul, or WillBy, but I'm not sold on Paul yet. Theres more of a chance imo of Paul being town and acting this way than there is of WillBy being town acting this way. Paul IS acting scummy, because he is fence sitting constantly, acts like he's clueless, and he won't commit to anything, but I guess I see that from him even as town to a small extent. WillBy doing what he's doing is just weird though.
                  I thought paul was trying to play both sides as well. I said as much earlier last phase
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Greetings from the North. Sdraw is still scum, jury is out on kthx. Voth is either scum or is in over his head. Exalt seems to be making good analysis which he doesnt usually do when hes scum. Paul is town, he hasnt been jerking off any scum buddies yet. Is anyone else playing this game? Leaving my vote on sdraw.

Comment

• Irl has been a little hectic lately with my vacation and trying to catch up at work in preparation for america week so to be completely honest i havent followed along to the thread whatsoever. I kind of put this game on the backburner and forgot completely about it with everything else i have going on but ive got a minute at work i want to try and go back and catch up. I did notice some shit in the last page or two of skimming my way here that is looking sketchy but nobody else seemed to bring it up so idk what to think about that
                      Big Chill

Comment

• [VOTE COUNT]
                        WillBy - 1 (backwards)
                        Exalt - 1 (Erias)
                        Rodney - 1 (Exalt)
                        Backwards - 1 (WillBy)
                        Voth - 1 (kthx)
                        the_paul - 1 (Voth)

Missing votes: the_paul, Rodney, Missa, inertube, jerome

Phase change:
                        Tonight around 6PM PST (10 hours from now). Please get your votes in. I would like to hear more from inertube, Missa, and Rodney.

July 4th:
                        Holiday will stretch Night phase to 48 hours (however, if you get your actions in before deadline I will change phase faster).
                        Day phase duration will change depending on discussion. I understand if people have plans for holiday, but I don't want to spend more than 72 hours (3 days) on it.
                        Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Has that intertube faggot even posted once?
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• I'm done trying to address anything with Voth. Conversation and theories actually moved forward when he wasn't around, I have no clue why he has such a hardon for me and is absolutely hellbent on ignoring people who aren't having to participate. Mafia is the only one that benefits from not having to participate, and tunnel visioning someone who is actually posting and willfully, repeatedly ignoring people doing nothing is not a town move.
                            JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                            the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Ok this is where I would like to start because it completely changed the direction of the thread and nobody seemed to notice

Originally posted by WillBy View Post

I would actually really like it if everyone name claimed, I think that would be a good start. I'll start if phase ever changes and I'm still alive
                              Willby comes out and says that he wants a mass name claim, doesn't really seem too scummy on the surface until backwards chimes in with

Originally posted by sdrawkcab View Post

Found the lyncher
                              Kind of odd to suspect a lyncher out of nowhere but ill run with it but then Willby responds

Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Not quite a lyncher (lynching has nothing to do with it) but I am looking for someone called the king. Not a "normal" role. It is realm aligned though.

Fis "died" to religious zealots (iirc "sigils of the seven"?) So I'm not sure how the king fits in.

Also it's really funny that people are flagging me for playing differently, when I havent had a townie role since Exalt hammer lynched me in fields last game. In fact, the only times I've been town so far are the 2nd and 3rd games, where I was (all-but) confirmed d2 and lynched d1, respectively. Yeah guys, a bit different.

So you're telling me that backwards just happened to throw out a random role at Willby that we have not seen in the past 10+ games on this forum and he is magically correct? This looked like a huge scum slip to me that backwards already knew Willbys role but tried to make it look like he was vsing him when in reality he said too much.

Another thing I'm not so fond of is that Willby afterwards managed to get everyone to start name claiming so he can hunt down his prey easier and he just says "its ok im town i win with town"

I don't know about any of you guys but my role specifically has me tied to another player in this game (obviously being vague on purpose here)
                              But it pretty much translates to "a player could be looking for me" Before i go further no im not whichever King willby is referring to, im not a king at all so his claim makes me think that there are multiple roles in this game that are tied to others without knowing who the other person is. But with how fast everyone was willing to name claim it made me feel like maybe my role was one of the only other ones with this type of modifier?
                              One gigantic thing that sticks out to me about Willbys claim is when he said :

"but I am looking for someone called the king. Not a "normal" role. It is realm aligned though."

The reason that this is jumping out at me is that my role pm says nothing about knowing the alignment of the player connected to me. Why does Willby know "the king"s alignment? Why would that be said in his role PM? This looks like a trick to make someone feel comfortable at being labeled "confirmed" by confiding in Willby, thats a trap if i've ever seen one.

Remember during the werewolf game when Voth said he was using Wolfsbane specifically to protect? But i had a similar role to him and my role said nothing about what was used for protection so i spoke up about how he was trying to be too descriptive to try and add validity to his fake claim by adding that tidbit. In the end i was correct and all of you still believed him for some dumb reason and then later admitted that you should have lynched him when that came up.

Willby is doing the exact same thing here, he is adding too much information to try and make his fake claim descriptive and add validity. By saying that he knows the alignment of the player hes looking for. That is complete and utter bullshit and i don't believe it for a second

A Quick scum list would definitely have Willby and Backwards on it. I'm going to assume that maybe one of Voth kthx Exalt are scum trying to hide in plain sight as a vocal townie and like was mentioned before there is for sure scum in the lurkers. Even though you guys put me in that category you have every right to with how inactive ive been.

Vote Willby

Also that weird skeleton being alive with fire and shit at the end of the write up totally connects Willby and FiS in my mind

Big Chill

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

Also, I stand by my previous feelings that Willby and Paul are playing odd as fuck. They only show up to dodge questions, act dumb as shit, and make distracting bullshit narrative-driven posts. Neither of them play like that as town.
                                I also noticed this, and how they both came out and told each other that they have equally scummy names but its ok because theyre both town

LOL

These guys are most likely scum buddies trying to make it look like townies agreeing that theyre not scum based off their names
                                Big Chill

Comment

Working...
                                X