No announcement yet.

TWDT 24 Official Trade Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...and because of the way the forums work, if you just edit the original post then the forum doesn't bring that to anyone's attention, but a reply does.

It ended up looking like you were trying to push the trade through without giving anyone the opportunity to object, and if I hadn't noticed it and replied to bring it to ppls attention people probably wouldn't have found out until game time, and the website wasn't updated until after games so anyone relying on that had it even worse. That said, I believe there was no funny business and you just chose the more convenient way.

Had the trade been proposed in this thread, there would have been time for the objections to count before approving the trade, and it would have been clear that the trade is not fair so it would not have been approved. The outcome would have been better.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rules
      Before being official, all trades must be proposed on the forums under the TWDT 24 Trades thread and must be approved by the TWDT League Op team.
      It's a pretty straightforward system.

I don't think there was any deliberate shadiness to this trade (I do think it's obviously rather lopsided though) and I don't think it would of or should of been blocked. I just wanted to say something now before it did become an issue.
      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
      Message has been sent to online moderators
      2:BLeeN> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>no
      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
      2:BLeeN> ok then no
      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

The trade is fine. It should be posted on here according to the rules though.

Oder (8.5)/Warportal (8) vs Apt (8)/PA (7.5)

Theres a 1 star difference (these guys are all basers).

Oder multi-ships, which I guess you could say is an advantage. But Treyway was already set with terr/sharks. Phoenix needed another terr option (since apt requested a trade) and they got 2. We didn't end up using them, which kind of leads to my ultimate point: trade evaluation shouldn't consider lag or showrates. As long as a captain understands this and is willing to put up with potential issues then there's no issue.

Comment

WillBy u got apts rating wrong btw. Also lol @ ur evaluation <3

Oder is a solid 8.5* shark/spid but he lags, so never plays, he's worth zero stars, (edit: probably shouldn't be allowed to sign up?). Wp doesn't get terr'd at 8* because he's not good enough to terr twdt, he gets spidded but is more like a 7* spid, and that's generous.
          Apt is a solid 8.5* spider, PA is a solid 7.5* spider.

So it's 7* for 16* the way I see it. aka fucking horrendously imbalanced. lol
          Last edited by Rab; 02-15-2022, 11:11 AM.

Comment

agreed this trade was bad because oder hasn't been able to play leagues due to lagging out every single round, however if for some reason he can actually stay in the game then it's fine

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
              WillBy u got apts rating wrong btw. Also lol @ ur evaluation <3

Oder is a solid 8.5* shark/spid but he lags, so never plays, he's worth zero stars, (edit: probably shouldn't be allowed to sign up?). Wp doesn't get terr'd at 8* because he's not good enough to terr twdt, he gets spidded but is more like a 7* spid, and that's generous.
              Apt is a solid 8.5* spider, PA is a solid 7.5* spider.

So it's 7* for 16* the way I see it. aka fucking horrendously imbalanced. lol
              Like I said, as long as Saiyan was aware that Oder may have issues with lag then it's up to him to worry about that.

The general guidelines for approvals is that as long as the stars are generally equal and neither team is throwing, then it ahould get approved. Captains, more experienced basers and league ops all feel these conditions were met.

Besides that, apt wanted a trade and PA couldn't fit into the Phoenix line. Discounting Oder (who has been bding, granted with a few lag outs) but including PA is just silly. Apt is my boy but he's rated 8.5 for terrier- his spider stats fall much closer to PA or rasaq than they do to 9* auto on the same line. Most other 8.5* spiders (yourself included) average almost 20 more KP30, a stat where apt falls right between some 7/7.5s. Warportal has also been rated for terrier, but finds himself playing spider at a below 8* level.

We've established that the actual star ratings are only .5* apart (thanks for the correction). If we were to re-rate the players in question, assuming that Oder and PA won't play for their original teams and therefore have a 0* value (your assumed value) then were looking at a 7.5* spider who wanted to get traded away for a 7* spider. Again, .5*.

Now that I've wasted a good chunk of the morning on this reply, I feel confident in saying that any more debate over the trade value of 4 players who are below the average of 8.625/baser is not worth the headache of a response.

Comment

If you wanna talk about some softer, team morale values then I'm all ears because Phoenix got screwed losing top tier personalities in apt and PA

Comment

I don't think it was a fair trade but not a big enough deal to break anything.

Like others have stated the problem was it should be posted to the forums.
                  rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                  rEnZi> its crazy
                  rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Originally posted by RaCka View Post
                    The final trading deadline will be February 25th, 2022 at 11:59 PM ET.
                    Just making sure everyone realises this is on Friday.

Comment

i miss pa on phoenix
                      pokebong> you never had a bad round b4?

~

1:Steadman> u turned that game and ur a god of subspace

Comment

sh1tk1ck1rs trades: Iron s1rf1r, tiny, lupin, danslams, to Sn1k1Ch1rm1nk for: Steadm1n, b1c1n, and Jb-St1nk

Comment

iron can't even show, should be denied ^

Comment

have tixt from her yistirday sayink she can shiw for rest of seasin starting this upcomink week

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
                              sh1tk1ck1rs trades: Iron s1rf1r, tiny, lupin, danslams, to Sn1k1Ch1rm1nk for: Steadm1n, b1c1n, and Jb-St1nk
                              You should be arrested for attempted rape

Comment

accept
                                ?

cripple> if u had a better connection u wouldnt be good

Comment

Working...
                                X