Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by m_leonhard View Post

Ya lynched me
    well, yeah. that doesnt make sense with respect to the meaning of mylo though. a no lynch would have resulted jessups death the next night (unless you would have targeted me.) then it just woulda been a tie since i would have been unkillable at night and neither of us would have voted for ourselves

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by field View Post
      Welcome to the club of people fucked by zeebu at mylo m_leonhard
      which game are you talking about?

Comment

• Good hosting Halp, was a fun game even though I was pretty sure I was naive cult.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post

well, yeah. that doesnt make sense with respect to the meaning of mylo though. a no lynch would have resulted jessups death the next night (unless you would have targeted me.) then it just woulda been a tie since i would have been unkillable at night and neither of us would have voted for ourselves
          Oh ya I forgot to tell folks that I was a 1 shot bullet proof innocent child the entire game myself and hid it all game lol. So mafia had no chance to even kill either of us if night fell. I was really hoping my plea to fall on the sword trap was taken by mafia and a no kill would happen and poopcat would have stayed alive but sadly they didn't take the bait.

I really think halps setup was meant to have cult factions basically turn into 4 factions but it never took off sadly. All the people in Tiger King were so crazy it would have been hilarious with 4 factions all fighting each other with many no kills each night.. Never happened though. Glad I won with town but 2 cults would have been really interesting to see play out.
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• thanks halp

Comment

• that would be nice to know, was voth and kthx a part of the same cult or were they different cults?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
                that would be nice to know, was voth and kthx a part of the same cult or were they different cults?
                Different cults, also kudos to PartyFalcon who was pretty obviously the MVP, I wasn't expecting that NK, I thought I had you fooled.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post

Different cults, also kudos to PartyFalcon who was pretty obviously the MVP, I wasn't expecting that NK, I thought I had you fooled.
                  :kiss: imp2:

Comment

• Exalt thanks for solving nearly all of the puzzle for us

Comment

1. WillBy / Jeff Lowe / Mafia Godfather / Lynched D2
                      2. Zeebu / Kelci Saffery / Bulletproof Townie
                      3. Exalt / John Reinke / Town Tracker / Killed N1
                      4. kthx / Bhagavan “Doc” Antle / Cult Recruiter / Killed N3
                      5. sdrawkcab / Rick Kirkham / Town Strong-Willed Namecop / Killed N2
                      6. OverthinkingIt / Joshua Dial / Town Voyeur / Killed N5
                      7. Voth / Carol Baskin / Inquisitor / Killed N2
                      8. Beast / Howard Baskin / Strong-Willed Bulletproof Townie / Modkilled D3
                      9. PoopCat / Barbara Fischer / Town Strong-Willed Alarmist
                      10. Vehicle / Lauren Lowe / Mafia Novice Rolecop / Lynched D3
                      11. PartyFalcon / A Tiger / Town Strong-Willed Strongman Vigilante / Lynched D4
                      12. m_leonhard / James Garretson / Mafia Doctor / Lynched D6
                      13. the_paul / John Finlay / Town Watcher / Killed N3
                      14. Jessup / Joe Exotic / Innocent Child
                      15. Kassius / Allen Glover / Mafia Roleblocker / Lynched D5
                      16. scarlet / Dillon Passage / Town Novice Follower / Lynched D1

Concept

Create a game that is both fun and engaging for everyone, where everyone has a role they can dig into. I wanted this to be the reverse of most games. Information overload from the very beginning, with the value of that information diminishing as the game progresses and more of the setup is revealed.

The Innocent child was intended to make for a less boring D1, get the conversation going. Most of the player assignments were randomized, but Jessup as the innocent child was not an accident. I don’t like using negative utility modifiers roles or modifiers. I don’t like Fruit vendors, I don’t like Naive or Insane modifiers. I think a game can be balanced well without intentionally confusing people. However, I did want a little bit of chaos in this game, and I knew this role would provide chaos organically, especially with Jessup at the helm. I can’t say if she played it well or not on D1, but she definitely made it not boring!

This game was obviously full of mouth watering flavor. The idea was, with all of the potential for alignment changing, by the time it became obvious how much flavor mattered, it would be too late and flavor would no longer matter. In the beginning of the game the namecop was the most dangerous role to scum, but had he survived, by late game he would almost be negative utility.

All of the action investigative roles were intended to promote player engagement and give town a false sense of comfort. If the alignment changing mechanics of the game had ever gained momentum, town would have lots of pieces to an ever changing puzzle and would have to put those pieces together to stop it, while also hunting for a mafia.

This setup ran the risk of being unbalanced in any direction, so there are a lot of intentional failsafes to prevent any one faction from running away with the game. When the game started, there were only 5 players that could be recruited by the cult, and 3 players that could be recruited by the Inquisitor. Had Carole picked up a couple of bulletproof allies she would have been hard to stop. Had Doc Bhagavan gotten a couple of recruits he would have had a good chance at winning. Mafia was stacked but needed to be. I gave them flavor that put them at a disadvantage, but I gave them roles that could potentially give them town cred as well, for example, Kassius and PoopCat both stopped Kthx from recruiting Jessup on N1, and Vehicle could have potentially identified the Inquisitor or Cult recruiter.

Missed connection

Howard Baskin (Beast) was Bulletproof and Strong-Willed, meaning mafia couldn’t kill him and cult couldn’t recruit him. He was a sitting duck for Carole. Since he was bulletproof, had Carole tried to kill him, the kill would have failed and he would have been converted to her faction and retained his bulletproof. Beast even claimed Howard baskin on D1 but Voth didn’t bite.

Blooper Reel

Kthx was supposed to be Ascetic everynight but forgot to write it in the role PM. Due to last minute balancing because of players dropping out, my sheets didn’t all get updated. I was also rushed to change the phase on N1 and I just fumbled it. Kassius blocked Kthx N1 and I returned a ‘Success’, and OverthinkingIt saw the block on Kthx. It didn’t end up mattering because PoopCat’s action prevented Kthx from recruiting Jessup N1 anyway. I didn’t know how to resolve the issue with the affected parties without confirming too much of the setup. So, on N2 I told Kthx about it, and my only resolution was to modify his role to Even-Night Ascetic. This fail ended up having little to no impact, but it could have.

OverthinkingIt should have seen a killing role visit Kthx the night he died, but I sent her a ‘Fail’ result because he died. I was just taking the Action Resolution too literally and forgot that watcher type roles still see kills happen if their target dies. This caused a bit of confusion, but I obviously couldn’t confirm anything about it in the thread, this was probably very frustrating for OverthinkingIt. Sorry!

And now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for..
                      Welcome to…
                      THE FURRIES
                      Tiger King Mafia post-game Awards!

MVP - This is pretty obvious. Party Falcon played a great day game, and single handedly removed BOTH of the most potentially dangerous roles from the game. No contest, her steadfast reasoning, cat-like instincts (hehe), as well as her commitment to the bite made this a much different game than it could have been.

Quality over Quantity Award - Poopcat was confident in her reads, concise in her posts, and her night actions were well-placed. She didn’t directly prevent any recruitment, but proved her instincts are sharp by protecting 2 of the 3 players that Kthx’ attempted to recruit.

Nevertheless, she persisted Award – I know that OverthinkingIt had some regrets signing up for this game early on. However, once she turned Kthx into a gummy bear, she went on to become a solid anchor for town.

Bursting with Flavor Award - Jessup was basically full-on LARPING. I would not be surprised if she fashioned a mullet wig out of an old mop and wore it while posting. She had some good reads early on. It went a little sideways for a couple of phases, but she came through for town in the end. I personally have more respect for Jessup as a player after this game, and had a lot of fun watching her deep dive into this role.

Blow Shit Up Award - The_paul played a solid townie day game as usual, and his instinct to watch Exalt on N1 is one of a few factors that directly resulted in a town victory.

Skim it to Win it Award - Sdrawkcab was only skimming the thread until D2, but his N1 namecop investigation of Vehicle, and his timely release of said information, is the reason the mafia team had their buttholes tightly clenched for the remainder of the game.

Irony Award – Exalt’s one and only night in this game was spent tracking Willby, where he was witness to (one of) his own murder(s). Wow. This smells of a Netflix Original Film.

Flying under the radar Award - Gotta give a shout out to Zeebu. He was more active than usual, and despite a little tantrum mid-game, managed to play Townie enough to not get lynched. His survival til the end of the game ensured a Townie victory in the last phase.

Bad Guy Awards

The Mafia: You guys got dealt a pretty shitty hand the way things worked out, but I think you all played well. These guys had this game figured out within just a couple of phases. I don’t have time to go back and find a bunch of quotes, but I was really impressed with how easily they put together the setup. They were talking about two 3rd parties very early on, and someone even mentioned a cult that could kill AND recruit as a possibility. This was M_Leohnard’s very first mafia game and I think he played really well considering.

Voth: Although short-lived, he managed to kill two of town’s most valuable players, who also happened to be two of town’s most valuable roles. Although he had help with killing Exalt, and was hoping a doctor was protecting the_paul so he would be recruited instead of killed, Voth still did a lot of damage to the GW Zoo in true Carole Baskin tradition.

Kthx: Things did not go well for our Cult Recruiter, by no fault of his own. He picked smart targets, unfortunately for him, so did everyone else.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Maf.png Views:	0 Size:	48.0 KB ID:	1342304
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Halp; 06-10-2020, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• Thank you all for playing!! This game was a blast to host. The new players we’ve invited into our group are great, and add to the already rich “mental texture” of our little spaceship video game mafia community.

Comment

• Comment

• Thanks for the host halp! This game was really enjoyable to play and well done by you! I had a blast. Lol at the gif of James Garretson hahah
                            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                              Jessup's Report Card For Tiger King!!

Willby- B

Smart player as usual and fake claimed psychiatrist which could have worked at least for the short term and if town had no other protective role this would have been VERY effective and this grade would have been much higher. The main reason for only a C rating is WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THE FIRST KILL? If it was because no one else could as they weren't considered goons I will move your grade to a solid B (Edit saw the rest of mafia had to do stuff..B for YOU Willby GJ). Lurked during the whole Jessup fake claim ending and suddenly piped in once the reveal was shown to be fake. That was to me VERY suspicious.

Zeebu- A-

Lived the entire game, lurked a little too much but proved lurking can be the right move. When he did post everything was smart minus his drunken rant. That rant was why Zeebs gets an A-. Clutch at the end and revealed his name early enough to not cause too much suspicion. GG Zeebu as Survivor and bringing Town the WIN!! You can hold your head up high. What you did post and leave was very revealing

Exalt- B

This grade is due to circumstance. What else could Exalt have done lol. First to die and not really fair to hold that against him. He also gets a GOLD STAR for participation just to make him feel better since his time was cut too short. His "This Town Will Lose" will lose posting was a bit off putting but I understand the anger. He did some good banter in the day phase. Good job for the time you were alive Exalt.. and geez that gold star is pretty and shiny on you!

Kthx- B

Kthx was annoying and a fuk fuk as usual. I knew he was Doc Antle but couldn't prove it. I was supicious from day one. I Fakeclaimed on him because he was just blabbing early which made sense for his role as Cult Recruiter. Still he played well, good fake claim and refused to ever give in with my constant pressure on him throughout the game. I was really mad! He gets a good grade though and honestly played well. Nice fake claim using that security guard guys name for Joe Exotic. GG Too bad you had Jessup on your butt from the beginning and the rest of town saw you being worthless for us. Still though the fortitude was good lol.

Sdrawkcab- B+

Was calling me out a lot early and going after me but that makes sense with my ridiculous fake claim early lol. Left a vital clue at end with the easter egg of vehicles role name. I just wish he hadn't died and checked PartyFalcon. I wonder what name she would come up as lol. I'd have not gone on my hammer train mission to destroy PF if I had the slightest knowledge she could have been a tiger for real lol. Did his job as a Namecop and helped town lynch our second mafia out of the game. Note to your mother saying you are very well liked by all the students and a pleasure to work with !!

OverthinkingIt- A

She played perfectly. Always pro town and revealed at the perfect time. Watched the shady Kthx night one and confirmed the roleblock poopcat made. This was a HUGE factor for town winning as we got Kthx pegged with the roleblock! Was a delight to play with and was a big factor town won. Her reveal early was decisive for town to start to solidify and start to gain trust and she shared her info which was the beginning to piecing the puzzle of scum together. I apologize for making her die lol. She said she was new but wow she played well! Good Job OTI!! You should hold your head up high for the great play you made thru out this game!

Voth- B

Voth played MUCH better this game. As usual when Voth gets a scum role he manages to do much better. He was VERY pro town in all his defense and rants he made. He was just caught early by T_P so not much he could have done besides what he did. I will say Scarlet caused him to break a little LOL. Scarlet was on him like glue and refused to let him go. It was hilarious to see Voth meet his match in intensity and shit talking and I for one seriously enjoyed seeing those two go at it. Still Voth you get another Gold Star handed out to you as you went out before your time and also because your grades have risen from D- to C- to B. I'm very proud of you!!

Beast- D

Beast you get credit for claiming town doc. That actually was a very good fake claim with the role you had. You were doing really well until a simple clown emoticon from me made you freak out and trans bash me and as a result hurt town a ton by being mod killed. You can do well if you control yourself and think a little better and pace yourself. Still I refuse to fail you because I see potential. Everything was going well until the outburst. When you get out of detention I really hope you can learn to get along with the class better! I'll give you a gold star to show you we want the best from you and we are all in this together.

Poopcat- A

Poopcat was another perfect town player. I'm so impressed by town! She also played a perfect game. Protecting me from cult was what won us the game as it worked out. It was also she showed her amazing wits and intelligence to make the right play to make night 1 protecting me. She held off another phase to reveal but when she did it was such a powerful reveal and believable too. She was upfront and trusted town and voted with town until the end. You were a pleasure to play with too poopcat. Hold your head up high as well!

Vehicle- B-

Vehicle was the first and only Namecop victim. A hard place to be for sure. There was some doubt because Howard Baskin was town and we found this out right before as Beast died being mod killed. Sadly Vehicle said a Bitter Novice Rolecop which was really suspicious because we already had so many roles as weak cops and that one was soo strong. Between a bad name reveal and trying to just flip the real mafia role to a town role I give you a B. It should be a c+ but since it you were first to on the block by our Namecop it is somewhat understandable but I feel you made a grave error being so honest about your name and just flipping your role. It is still a B grade though. the minus means nothing !

Party Falcon- A

Oh my the TALKING TIGER STRONGMAN STRONGWILLED VIGILANTE. Towns MOST important role and so powerful I saw no way in hell she could be for real. I feel this role was too powerful but with there being TWO cults in the mix I understand why Halp threw this role in there. You get a powerful A PartyFalcon!!! You left town with all the clues and seemed one step ahead in your thinking which is what a good mafia player always needs to do. I apologize for wrecking you with the Mario Tiger King Theory. The only fault I have is you came after me and said I may have to hang. That was the beginning of my wild fantasy that you were a Mafia 2 shot strongman lol. I still think Halp should have x-shot you but still AMAZING performance PF!! What a player you are!!

M_Leohnard- B-

I give you a B with a silly - behind it Leo. You lurked too long and I think real life was keeping you from focusing 100%. You did a great fake name claim though. I'm not sure why you would claim doctor though after poopcat was basically a cult doctor for town who seemed 100% confirmed. You knew 2 cults were in the game yet you persisted. In my opinion you should have claimed Vanilla Townie and I probably would have gone for zeebs at the end. You get a little note to your parents on your report card saying you need to be in class more and I'm a little concerned :P GG

the_paul- A

The_Paul was by far the clutchest of all townies. I mean wow! Another perfect townie. Nabbing the godfather AND the inquisitor rofl. Then seeing Kthx visit beast. LOL great job!! Totally a steadfast townie. Revealed immediately when he had info to be shared. You are amazing. You should take a bow as we all clap for you. What a performance. Nothing more to say here. Hold your head up high! This was all possible because of YOU!! YAYYY BRAVOOOOOOOO

Jessup/ Joe Fuckin Exotic The Tiger King!!!- A-

I really think my fake claimed day one stirred up a lot of stuff lol. I got people talking and loved playing innocent child. Day one was a complete blast for me. I nabbed a real threat to town too and got kthx all choked up and nervous. That pattern to refuse to name claim really hurt Kthx thru out the game. I voted perfectly with town until the great failure train on PF. This was for the best interest of town as if she was mafia and pulling a fast one we could have lost. I gambled and went all in only to have my full house lose to a straight flush and see there really was a goddang talking tiger strong willed strongman vigilante. lol..I thought this to be an impossibility, just a cool role she made up to woo everyone.. wrong jess wrong lol. Still since I followed her and OTI and poops word of wisom they left I squeaked out a win and survived the whole game. I deserve an A- where the minus actually means something sigh. I should hold my head slightly down but I won't cause I'm the grader AND I'm Joe Fuckin Exotic Your Tiger King and don't you forget it!!!

Kassius-B

Kass did a great job counterclaiming and playing the victim when the votes came down but again failed with a real name claim to town. Allen Glover was soooo scummy in Tiger King. Hard to know without watching it so I give kass some leeway. Not sure why all these mafia players just flipped their roles either. I know kass claimed jailer but its the equivalent of Role Blocker. You should have claimed something way less I think and definitely found some name in the show that was a side name. Still I was trusting somewhat and a little fooled by the work you put in all the way until the end which casted doubt to me/us as you pretended you were vital to town. Not bad at all kass! GG

Scarlet- A-

I know many freaked out over Scarlet but wow this guy came into TW Mafia blazing hot. Claims a cop day one rofl!! And cracks Voth and Vehicle Day 1. Between my fake claim and his cop claim the two of us got some real info to spill talking going on to find a few cracks and leaks. This grade may be scoffed at by many in the class but I'm grading this and respect your teacher!! The potential this young man has it outstanding I think! He overdid it though but geniuses can't help this sometimes. His mouth got him lynched but for the effort and insightfulness starting day one about Voth and Vehicle gets him a strong A minus. Again unlike most of you though this minus has some meaning to it like Jessups. But you can hold your head up high Scarlet. I leave a note for your mom on your report card at how gifted you appear to be to me and I'm excited to see this new student within our school!! Good job Scarlet!!

And so goes the grade I send you. It was a pleasure to play with you all and I wish you all nothing but the best on your summer break.

Yours truly,

Joe Fucking Exotic The Tiger King!!

Jessup :gorgeous:
                              Wtf is this shit? I literally called out 3/4ths of the scum team on Day 1 and you gave me a lower grade than you, even though you lasted until lylo AS A CONFIRMED TOWN PLAYER because you played so badly that no scum in their right mind wanted to NK you. You literally led one of the worst lynches in this game's history in PF btw. PF was the most obv town player I've seen in a long, long time, and you tinfoiled them scum for no logical reason whatsoever.

Stop pretending you know anything. It's annoying AF
                              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by PartyFalcon View Post
                                Exalt thanks for solving nearly all of the puzzle for us
                                You played a great town game. For real, it was impressive.
                                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X