Forum Mafia - Shawshank Redemption - Salvation lies within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post
    If that's the case, why wont kassius confirm that jessup was targeted for a kill last night? Seems like a lot of confusion you could clear up.

Exalt, quit pushing a dumb narrative. First, I dont see how the flavor text indicates a botched recruitment, and it's definitely not "damn obvious". Secondly, kassius is the one who brought up mafia jailing their own. It's literally in the post that you quoted. I pointed out that his analysis is wrong, and now you're pushing that I brought it up?
    Lol what are you talking about?

Originally posted by Kassius View Post
    1 bit of info for us, want to be up-front about this.

I know Jessup was locked up, last night. It wasn't me that did the locking up, though.

My analysis of this:

Mafia wouldn't lock up one of their own. Jessup is town, someone protected her. We have a jailkeeper, which this game, actually fits

Mafia not getting a kill, and TP dying upon a recruitment attempt, seems plausible.

I'd be wary of anyone very quickly claiming that Mafia were blocked last night, could be trying to get ahead of the situation.
    Originally posted by Kassius View Post
    I meant town jailed Jessup. Sorry, something lost in translation here?

Is there a world where mafia jails Jessup last night if Jessup is mafia?

Where in any of these posts does it say 'mafia jailed one of their own'?

RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Can only think that exalt is the jailkeeper this game since he is so vehemently defending kassius. I never said he was lying, only that his conclusion was wrong. And if hes withholding information, then we have a problem.

But if kassius is voyeur, and confirms that jessup was not targeted for a night kill, then we have a different problem on our hands
      I am not a jailkeeper. I simply know something that you do not, because I am town and you are not.
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• He said "mafia wouldnt lock up one of their own". He meant "mafia cant lock up anyone".
        Read the posts you're quoting idiet.

Comment

• Exalt please explain to me how kassius would know that jessup was jailed AND that there is a cop? Please clear things up.

Comment

• Also let's make things interesting. I'm voteless this stage, so this wont count: vote exalt

Comment

Exalt please explain to me how kassius would know that jessup was jailed AND that there is a cop? Please clear things up.
              Why are you asking me? I'm not going to help your scum team rolefish. There's nothing for me to clear up with you, since you're more focused on outting town PRs than scum hunting anyone. Beast is all you've apparently got, and the only reason is that he 'is a liability to town' as town. That's not a scum read. Try again, this time by commenting on everyone in the game, if you would be so kind?
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Why are you asking me? I'm not going to help your scum team rolefish. There's nothing for me to clear up with you, since you're more focused on outting town PRs than scum hunting anyone. Beast is all you've apparently got, and the only reason is that he 'is a liability to town' as town. That's not a scum read. Try again, this time by commenting on everyone in the game, if you would be so kind?
                So you and only you can read it? I'm not posting a list for you. Weve had 4 people post more than 2 sentences since phase change, there are no reads there. You are being unreasonable, I'm not going to bend over backwards to push away shitty analysis. But I'll do you one better, since this is getting old real quick.

I'm a gambler. Made up role afaik. 2-shot at a 50-50 chance with whoever I play against (last night, party falcon). Loser is voteless the next phase. Which is why I'm voteless now (I apparently have no pokerface)

Comment

He said "mafia wouldnt lock up one of their own". He meant "mafia cant lock up anyone".
                  Read the posts you're quoting idiet.
                  ? I meant what I said. What is your agenda here? I'm hardly one to preach literal game mechanics am I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassius View Post

? I meant what I said. What is your agenda here? I'm hardly one to preach literal game mechanics am I.
                    Idk how many more times I can explain this to you and exalt. Theres no role "mafia jailkeeper". So when I said
                    Originally posted by WillBy View Post
                    One thing that I'm really not sure about is your statement that "mafia wouldnt lock up one of their own". Are you suggesting that there is a mafia jailkeeper?
                    I was saying that you said that in a confusing manner. It's like if I said "serial killer wouldnt get a guilty when they investigate cult recruiter". The statement is suggesting that there is a serial killer that has the ability to investigate, which is nonsense.

Comment

• Why can't there be a Mafia Jailkeeper? This is the prison, and the guards are the mafia. They are literal jailkeepers. Can you spell it out for me please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassius View Post
                        Why can't there be a Mafia Jailkeeper? This is the prison, and the guards are the mafia. They are literal jailkeepers. Can you spell it out for me please?
                        What's the use for mafia to have a jailkeeper? It's not useful for protecting themselves like a mafia doctor is, because you are rolelocking yourselves. And it's not useful to roleblock town, as that protects the townie. So it's just a mafia roleblocker, with the caveat that they cant kill that target too? Thats a major downgrade.

In short, there isnt a mafia jailer because theres mafia doctors and mafia roleblockers. Same reason there isnt a mafia vigilante.

Comment

• Why are you so certain that mafia have strong roles?
                          Also, why avoid posting a reads list when exalt asked for one, even if several of the reads are going to be neutral at best?

Comment

• Originally posted by scarlet View Post
                            Why are you so certain that mafia have strong roles?
                            Also, why avoid posting a reads list when exalt asked for one, even if several of the reads are going to be neutral at best?
                            Im not certain mafia have strong roles. I do think that mafia roleblocker or doctor make way more sense mechanically than mafia jailer. This is what mafiascum has to say on that:
                            By combining the best of Doctor and Roleblocker, Jailkeepers are always solid mid-level power roles for Town that are safe for combining with many other power roles. Mafia Jailkeepers are not unheard of, but overkill for many games as they can generally get by with either a Doctor or a Roleblocker.
                            I'm not posting a reads list at the request of someone acting so hostile to me. I asked for an explanation from him, and he said no. This is what it looks like when exalt scum hunts or fake-scum hunts, and nothing I post in a reads list will change his mind. Diplomacy is dead.
                            So I roleclaimed, because there was very little down side to it for me. I am voteless, which isnt a normal thing for scum. That will get him off my back, or he will latch on harder. I'll take that chance, it's better than posting a lackluster reads list with half the roster being labeled "inactive".

Comment

Im not certain mafia have strong roles. I do think that mafia roleblocker or doctor make way more sense mechanically than mafia jailer. This is what mafiascum has to say on that: I'm not posting a reads list at the request of someone acting so hostile to me. I asked for an explanation from him, and he said no. This is what it looks like when exalt scum hunts or fake-scum hunts, and nothing I post in a reads list will change his mind. Diplomacy is dead.
                              So I roleclaimed, because there was very little down side to it for me. I am voteless, which isnt a normal thing for scum. That will get him off my back, or he will latch on harder. I'll take that chance, it's better than posting a lackluster reads list with half the roster being labeled "inactive".
                              Also from Mafiascum wiki:

Voteless is a role modifier that simply disallows the player from voting. If the player tries to vote, that vote will not be counted by the moderator.

This modifier usually appears in games where it fits flavor, or when vote-based shenanigans are in play (for instance, the weight of each player's vote is unknown).

That's not an actual role. That's just a modifier, and I have reason to believe multiple people might have vote modifiers, regardless of alignment. This isn't a claim and it certainly doesn't do anything to clear you.
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Also let's make things interesting. I'm voteless this stage, so this wont count: vote exalt
                                Why vote me if you don't have any reason to vote? I think you're full of shit WillBy. I think perhaps your role does the opposite actually. I think you have extra votes, or maybe even a 'lynch whoever you vote this phase' action. You'd not vote at all otherwise.
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X