Forum Mafia - Shawshank Redemption - Salvation lies within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol, Willby. Definitely not at PF's level, there

Conceivably this game might have people on the same teams as last game if truly random. At least one perhaps, so is it a reasonable bet to vote one of the last game's scum? Rather vote with some ass-backwards logic than none at all.

Vote Willby

Comment

Originally posted by PartyFalcon View Post
      m_leonhard the @ in post one didn’t @ you! The game has started! You scum again?

vote zeebu bc I’m still bitter about last game -.- I will of course get over it, but this seems like a fine vote for now since sdrawkcab isn’t here to take it.

scarlet I’m generally against D1 double kills, since it’s so easy to accidentally flip 2 townies, especially PR’s and have nothing to show for it. I did not read the arguments you made in the tiger king signup thread, and I recognize that your position may have changed since kthx indicated the phase isn’t totally open, but could you walk me through what you meant by “Not double lynching in a 1-or-2-lynch game is comparable to not lynching in a 1-or-0-lynch game.” Are you making this argument based on the assumption that the moderator has balanced the game expecting 1-2 each day, vs 0-1?

IRL updates: I’m on 2 new HoT cAsEs at work so my availability will likely only be compatible with being “active” if we keep page count down (group effort peeps, please no spamming/20-30 page days like last game)—my understanding is others generally agree here. In terms of the theming: I had been intending to read the King original for the past decade, but now I’ve accepted my fate and will be watching the movie tonight (or over the weekend if I work too late); so I should be more stoked on this (and hopefully flavor-competent) by tomorrow-ish.
      Thank you! *squints suspiciously at kthx *

AND PartyFalcon YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SHAWSHANK?! You will fucking love it. I feel I failed you.

Comment

And so it begins.

Vote Scarlet

In the interest of keeping this game under 200 pages.
        Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
        Message has been sent to online moderators
        2:BLeeN> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>no
        2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
        2:BLeeN> ok then no
        :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by WillBy View Post
          Hold on, big post coming. Everyone listen up. And I'm only going to say this once. Let's begin.

Ive finally had my Vanilla iced chai latte for the morning, so I'm ready to play the game.

I'll be watching you all very closely this game.

We must stay vigilant in our hunt for scum.

Lots of random votes so far today, which are a bit of a cop out.

GO ON, and live your lives in peace. May the odds be ever in your favor.

Hmmmm....I think there's a code in here.

85 words.

16 capital letters.

10 sentences.

85 divided by 10 = 8.5

That rounds up to 9 because this is mafia and we deal in absolutes here.

16 x 10 = 160.

160 divided by 85 = 1.88

Round up to 2 because.

2 can also be written as 1+1.

So we have 9 and 1+1.

I think you can see where I'm going with this....Willby's secret code is:

9/11.

Vote Willby

Comment

Originally posted by m_leonhard View Post

Thank you! *squints suspiciously at kthx *

AND PartyFalcon YOU HAVEN'T SEEN SHAWSHANK?! You will fucking love it. I feel I failed you.
            For some reason the forum hates @ing you. No idea why.

fixed
            Last edited by kthx; 06-11-2020, 12:50 PM.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Hmmmm....I think there's a code in here.

85 words.

16 capital letters.

10 sentences.

85 divided by 10 = 8.5

That rounds up to 9 because this is mafia and we deal in absolutes here.

16 x 10 = 160.

160 divided by 85 = 1.88

Round up to 2 because.

2 can also be written as 1+1.

So we have 9 and 1+1.

I think you can see where I'm going with this....Willby's secret code is:

9/11.

Vote Willby
              We have to go deeper, a dream within a dream.

Comment

God I want to vote for you so bad right now Willby
                JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                  I can't help but want to kiss you while also wanting to behead you with a mildly dull Colombian machete. Fuck you still.
                  7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                  Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10
                  Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

I'm blushing so hard rn
                    JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                    the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

What if I told you (without crossing flavor palettes) that I have reason to believe that Voth is either a convicted criminal or a corrupt jail guard.

Comment

Originally posted by scarlet View Post
                        Wow double lynches and infinite freely invokable modkills. I guess if there's no strict phase timer then taking a modkill while the primary lynch target will just be interpreted as the day ending and you wasting the lynch (on yourself).

Vote Voth
                        Voth Are you the type of player to misrepresent someone and try to make up something to put into their mouth wholecloth as town when you're trying to drive a lynch, or do you generally restrict that sort of thing to your scum game?

For anyone: thoughts on aiming for a double lynch D1?
                        I think that when a player is shitposting and spinning bullshit narratives nonstop, I will call for their lynch whether town or scum. Playing as town, it is an indication of a player being scum or being so behind the 8-ball that they are a liability for town. Playing as scum, it's an easy lynch to justify after the fact and move on without causing undue suspicion.

Was that honest and thorough enough for you, inspector?

Do you still have a hard on for me after last game?

jw
                        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10
                        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

I'm so hard rn
                          whoa there

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

What if I told you (without crossing flavor palettes) that I have reason to believe that Voth is either a convicted criminal or a corrupt jail guard.
                            Uhh....doesn't that pretty much describe everyone in Shawshank?

Comment

Hold on, big post coming. Everyone listen up. And I'm only going to say this once. Let's begin.

Ive finally had my Vanilla iced chai latte for the morning, so I'm ready to play the game.

I'll be watching you all very closely this game.

We must stay vigilant in our hunt for scum.

Lots of random votes so far today, which are a bit of a cop out.

GO ON, and live your lives in peace. May the odds be ever in your favor.
                              Here, let me try:

I don't like to rhyme, but I'd like to shoot sometime, and I wish for a dayvig so I can shoot some scummy slime
                              maybe I shoot Jessup, maybe I shoot Beast, maybe I SUMMON MJOLNIR and shove it in a place only entered by WillBy's parish priest
                              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Uhh....doesn't that pretty much describe everyone in Shawshank?
                                Everyone's innocent in here, don't you know that?
                                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X