No announcement yet.

Forum Mafia - Shawshank Redemption - Salvation lies within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've yet to form an opinion on those players, but I'd support a Double Lynch.

Comment

No. Lunching two people on day one is a terrible idea. Why? Because were stabbing in the dark.

Know why we lynched town D1 last game? Because town had NO information.

Know why town was so successful the following night? Because they gained information from TP. The Willby/Voth vote — would have been a good time for a double lynch.

If we on our random no information hunches kill two town today — then tonight mafia kills another town — thats starting D2 down three town.

There’s only 15 in this. If there’s say 4 mafia and if there’s a cult or anything like that we could be looking at only 8-9 town total. 1/3 of the entire town wiped out because you voted with no information at all and based your conclusions on the last game.

A different game. With different roles. With different mechanics. With different players.

lynching 2 during D1 is asinine.

Comment

Originally posted by m_leonhard View Post
        No. Lunching two people on day one is a terrible idea. Why? Because were stabbing in the dark.

Know why town was so successful the following night? Because they gained information from TP. The Willby/Voth vote — would have been a good time for a double lynch.

If we on our random no information hunches kill two town today — then tonight mafia kills another town — thats starting D2 down three town.

There’s only 15 in this. If there’s say 4 mafia and if there’s a cult or anything like that we could be looking at only 8-9 town total. 1/3 of the entire town wiped out because you voted with no information at all and based your conclusions on the last game.

A different game. With different roles. With different mechanics. With different players.

lynching 2 during D1 is asinine.
        I disagree M_Leo. Town learned plenty last game D1 between scarlets infighting vs voth and also his early D1 cop claim while also Jessup played her Day Cop/ Day Vigi fake claim to a TEE. If nothing else it gets people talking. Scum would like nothing more than town to sit idly by and create no commotion and truly have just random vote into the wind with no Day 1 info. Are you saying Day 1 is useless for info and impossible to find? Asking us to be to bed any discourse and discussion where we can all find some common ground? It is FAR from useless! Hmmmmmmmmmm
        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I'm just giving the last game as an example because we were all in it.
          Every game is a valid example though. Even if you make multiple mislynches in a row (e.g. because some players are literally 0% active and won't post the entire game), it's better to get them out of the way first than to do it on later days.
          Compare using a second lynch on an inactive player like that to them being modkilled with 1 lynch per phase. Obviously the modkill is better than wasting the lynch on an inactive (probably town) player. Well, the second lynch does the same thing.
          Go ahead, give me your hypothetical where it's not better to lynch twice.

regarding tiger kind D1:
          Last game, we lynched town D1 because 3 mafscum, the cult leader, a serial killer, and one inactive townie who had a vote left over from their first post in the game voted scarlet. (5 scum 1 inactive - essentially no town)
          Literally every townie other than poopcat (inactive) and partyfalcon was voting for a scum at the end of that phase.
          Literally every scum other than kassius was voting scarlet
          Only one scum (Kassius) didn't have a vote on them. Only one town (backwards) other than scarlet had a vote on them.

Yes, there were a fair number of scum in that game. Doesn't change the fact it's possible to find scum D1 without rolepowers or vote lists or any dumb shit like that.

Telling town not to lynch as many times as they can and that it's fine if they don't commit to a real motivated D1 lynch is how you end up letting scum control the narrative.
          If you're town, find someone you want to kill and vote them.

regarding d2:
          Voth and willby had already been fingered by half the town (and half the third parties) as likely scum on D1. We didn't need a powerrole to suggest that.

Comment

Originally posted by scarlet View Post
            I'm just giving the last game as an example because we were all in it.
            Every game is a valid example though. Even if you make multiple mislynches in a row (e.g. because some players are literally 0% active and won't post the entire game), it's better to get them out of the way first than to do it on later days.
            Compare using a second lynch on an inactive player like that to them being modkilled with 1 lynch per phase. Obviously the modkill is better than wasting the lynch on an inactive (probably town) player. Well, the second lynch does the same thing.
            Go ahead, give me your hypothetical where it's not better to lynch twice.

regarding tiger kind D1:
            Last game, we lynched town D1 because 3 mafscum, the cult leader, a serial killer, and one inactive townie who had a vote left over from their first post in the game voted scarlet. (5 scum 1 inactive - essentially no town)
            Literally every townie other than poopcat (inactive) and partyfalcon was voting for a scum at the end of that phase.
            Literally every scum other than kassius was voting scarlet
            Only one scum (Kassius) didn't have a vote on them. Only one town (backwards) other than scarlet had a vote on them.

Yes, there were a fair number of scum in that game. Doesn't change the fact it's possible to find scum D1 without rolepowers or vote lists or any dumb shit like that.

Telling town not to lynch as many times as they can and that it's fine if they don't commit to a real motivated D1 lynch is how you end up letting scum control the narrative.
            If you're town, find someone you want to kill and vote them.

regarding d2:
            Voth and willby had already been fingered by half the town (and half the third parties) as likely scum on D1. We didn't need a powerrole to suggest that.
            At least I did something right last game, then.

Comment

UNVOTE: WILLBY

VOTE: BEAST
              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I dont see a problem with scarlett. You guys prefer the stuff from the endgame last game instead? If you dont wanna read theie posts, then dont read them. Vehicle voting just because they dont like reading is bad. Mleo agreeing while throwing out a possibility of joining that lynch to guage the crowd is worse. Scummy worse actually. If we are going to double lynch, beast and mleo are good options.
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                  I dont see a problem with scarlett. You guys prefer the stuff from the endgame last game instead? If you dont wanna read theie posts, then dont read them. Vehicle voting just because they dont like reading is bad. Mleo agreeing while throwing out a possibility of joining that lynch to guage the crowd is worse. Scummy worse actually. If we are going to double lynch, beast and mleo are good options.
                  On the basis of trial by past helpfulness, beast's last 2 games leave a bad taste in the mouth as town. Also, 3 or 4 games in a row now as town for him? I'd be willing to switch off Willby to vote Beast.

Comment

Originally posted by scarlet View Post

Exalt regarding your traitor!willby narrative, what flips Voth flips would make you certain that willby was a traitor, and what Voth flips would make you doubt that?
                    If voth flipped a corrupt guard like Byron Hadley or something, I'd start to think I was actually on to something.
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post

Gotta agree with scarlet here.. voth raising hell about scarlets plan and wildly just voting for me day 1 for unexplained reasons other than being a fukfuk to me as usual. There are arguements that a double lynch can make sense, especially on days coming up but even D1 it could work out majorly in towns favor if and its a big if we nabbed two scum in one vote.. but even a 1 scum 1 townie would be a win for town. Voth again seeming to crack under scarlets pressure .. Jessup eats popcorn
                      You're silly Jessup. I said before and I'll say it again - I vote you every single Day 1 for no reason other than tradition and I can't remember the last time my vote stayed on you until the end of the phase. Come on man, I thought you were an A- player and you couldn't even figure that out?!
                      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                      TWLJ Champion Season 11
                      TWLB All-Star Season 10
                      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Originally posted by m_leonhard View Post

Not true actually. Pretty sure I had pegged 3/4ths of your scum team by D1. How did that happen without information? Magic?

The reason D2 worked well was because Paul thought maybe I was onto something and watched me. Turns out, it was correct. Then when WillBy flipped red, PF went back and saw I had posted Vehicle was scum too, and she got him lynched.

The 'no information' part of the game only came on D4 once PF was wagoned for 0 reason.
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Did that guy seriously just compare a D1 double lynch with NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER to last game when on D2 (note: not D1, isn't that interesting?) the town watcher came out that he saw two people visit the same town player...who died?

Yeah, I can't. If any of you want to subscribe to this lunatic's bullshit, be my guest and by all means, lynch me because 1+1=5 apparently. Like I said earlier, I'm jumping off before this crazy-go-round makes me blow a fucking gasket.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                          TWLJ Champion Season 11
                          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Not true actually. Pretty sure I had pegged 3/4ths of your scum team by D1. How did that happen without information? Magic?

The reason D2 worked well was because Paul thought maybe I was onto something and watched me. Turns out, it was correct. Then when WillBy flipped red, PF went back and saw I had posted Vehicle was scum too, and she got him lynched.

The 'no information' part of the game only came on D4 once PF was wagoned for 0 reason.
                            I could be wrong, but I think Paul said he watched you because you're perpetually targeted Night 1, just to be fair.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• I don't want to preempt it too much since it's our best test of willby's (and exalt's) alignment, but if I'm understanding it right the argument for scum!beast is:
                              Beast is lazily trying to squeeze out an easy lynch on willby after willby set it up (i.e. he fell for willby's gambit and outed himself as lazy scum)
                              Exalt is this pretty much right?

Last game everyone advocating on behalf of the dumbest shit that was obviously a bad idea and which only scum would ever possibly suggest were all actually scum (vehicle, voth, to a lesser extent willby), so I almost don't want to give anyone the benefit of the doubt for it this time.
                              My case on voth and m_leonhard is pretty much the same except voth is actually active in the game and interacting with other people, whereas leon is basically just activelurking and taking shots at me for daring to suggest that we lynch scum instead of do.

Unvote Voth
                              Vote m_leonhard

PPE:
                              Yeah, I'm fine with leaving the voth lynch until day2+
                              He's making a commitment to interact with other players so I'll actually have more information about him later (or a broken promise to drive an easy lynch over) rather than the lazy shit I'm seeing out of e.g. vehicle that won't tell me anything about him

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post
                                Did that guy seriously just compare a D1 double lynch with NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER to last game when on D2 (note: not D1, isn't that interesting?) the town watcher came out that he saw two people visit the same town player...who died?
                                I didn't actually. I said that the two people who were fingered by a PR D2 were already on the peoples scum lists and would have been lynched anyway.
                                There are degrees of confidence in scum reads. For example, you were scummier D1 than willby was. Obviously D2 willby/voth were scummier than D1 willby/voth, in no small part due to the_paul's watcher results and (see, this part here isn't mechanical and has nothing to do with voting records) the poor attempts at fakeclaims you both tried
                                Why do you do this shit?

My first question to you in this game was 'will you continue to completely misconstrue the things people say in order to lynch them, even if you're town?', but I guess I was in the wrong, since you don't seem to be trying to lynch me. I guess I should have asked
                                'Will you continue to completely misconstrue the things people say, regardless of your alignment?'

Comment

Working...
                                X