No announcement yet.

[Mafia] Someone is Watching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We could always team up with folks on mafia universes forums. They could slap Voth around some too which could be fun.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
      We could always team up with folks on mafia universes forums. They could slap Voth around some too which could be fun.
      I love the idea, but if you faggots can't handle me, how can you expect them to do it? There's a reason that those little bitches banned me and our forum from participating in the future. Apparently "not being a little bitch" is against their rules.
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Sorry for the delay....let me try to elaborate on some of my thoughts when putting this together...

I initially had it planned for 12-14 people based on what we had in the HOA game. With those people PLUS the new editions of Soilderz, Jacklyn and (almost) Ekko I thought for sure I had a good plan in place but I was forced to adjust when a handful didn't bother signing up. In my initial plan there was a 3rd mafia member and a 2nd global modifier that was going to be designed to fuck everything all up and make the day conversations damn fun for me to watch.

But LF, why did we have visit somebody at night even with no ability? Again, my reasoning behind that was not to make it TOO easy for the watcher. I assumed whoever got the role would probably use it quickly - within the first 2 nights - and I didn't want him to be able to nail down all 3 mafia members immediately and essentially force a game over. In my head, if I forced EVERYONE (except the watcher himself) to visit somebody each night, it at least left open the possibility of multiple people visiting the same person and not giving a very strong role overpowered results. I was trying to balance it. In hindsight I wish I didn't announce in the first post that the global modifier existed, but I thought at the time that was better than mid-game somebody claiming it and everyone bitching about how overpowered the concept is. If I didn't give Willby that low hanging fruit to defend himself with, this game likely would have been much closer to how I intended it to be. Voth was tossing around all sorts of inaccurate accusations on Day 1 that COULD have killed towns best chance to win. Last thing in regards to the watcher...Yes I had it set that in the event that he was roleblocked, he would keep his 1-shot action. I did want his ability to trigger ONE time only, assuming he stayed alive long enough to use it. To essentially neuter him with a roleblock would have given town a team of 6 VTs and a Doctor. Not much of a team. So that was my thoughts on that.

Based on what I saw, the MVPs of this game were Paul and Soilderz. At no point did either one of them seem to be thrown off course. They both picked it on my subtleties reasonably early and didn't appear to be swayed in the slightest by the Voth vs Willby Day 1.

LVP's is a tossup between Vehicle and Voth.... Veh also picked up on the "hints" being dropped day 1 very early, but he wasn't on his game at all this time. Vote on absolutely ANYBODY other than Voth on Day 2 and that wagon on you is far less likely to gain any traction. Could have probably been swayed very easily to somebody like Jessup or Soilderz. As for Voth, he could not have been more wrong the entire game except for the aforementioned Vehicle mistake. Town is very fortunate that Willby being forced to claim the only power role in the game on DAY ONE didn't cost town the game. It also gave the Mafia the perfect target to roleblock that night. If Veh didn't goof on Day 2 I can easily see Wilbur's lack of results getting him lynched instead with voth killed the following night. So go easy on that victory lap buddy, this one was gift wrapped for you Honorable mention for Jacklyn. First game ever so its clear she has a few nuances to learn. I know for a fact she'll pick them up quickly.

As for the next game, I'm more than willing to host another immediately. I have a few possible games sort of lined up already.

1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
        Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

• Originally posted by LF View Post
          Sorry for the delay....let me try to elaborate on some of my thoughts when putting this together...

I initially had it planned for 12-14 people based on what we had in the HOA game. With those people PLUS the new editions of Soilderz, Jacklyn and (almost) Ekko I thought for sure I had a good plan in place but I was forced to adjust when a handful didn't bother signing up. In my initial plan there was a 3rd mafia member and a 2nd global modifier that was going to be designed to fuck everything all up and make the day conversations damn fun for me to watch.

But LF, why did we have visit somebody at night even with no ability? Again, my reasoning behind that was not to make it TOO easy for the watcher. I assumed whoever got the role would probably use it quickly - within the first 2 nights - and I didn't want him to be able to nail down all 3 mafia members immediately and essentially force a game over. In my head, if I forced EVERYONE (except the watcher himself) to visit somebody each night, it at least left open the possibility of multiple people visiting the same person and not giving a very strong role overpowered results. I was trying to balance it. In hindsight I wish I didn't announce in the first post that the global modifier existed, but I thought at the time that was better than mid-game somebody claiming it and everyone bitching about how overpowered the concept is. If I didn't give Willby that low hanging fruit to defend himself with, this game likely would have been much closer to how I intended it to be. Voth was tossing around all sorts of inaccurate accusations on Day 1 that COULD have killed towns best chance to win. Last thing in regards to the watcher...Yes I had it set that in the event that he was roleblocked, he would keep his 1-shot action. I did want his ability to trigger ONE time only, assuming he stayed alive long enough to use it. To essentially neuter him with a roleblock would have given town a team of 6 VTs and a Doctor. Not much of a team. So that was my thoughts on that.

Based on what I saw, the MVPs of this game were Paul and Soilderz. At no point did either one of them seem to be thrown off course. They both picked it on my subtleties reasonably early and didn't appear to be swayed in the slightest by the Voth vs Willby Day 1.

LVP's is a tossup between Vehicle and Voth.... Veh also picked up on the "hints" being dropped day 1 very early, but he wasn't on his game at all this time. Vote on absolutely ANYBODY other than Voth on Day 2 and that wagon on you is far less likely to gain any traction. Could have probably been swayed very easily to somebody like Jessup or Soilderz. As for Voth, he could not have been more wrong the entire game except for the aforementioned Vehicle mistake. Town is very fortunate that Willby being forced to claim the only power role in the game on DAY ONE didn't cost town the game. It also gave the Mafia the perfect target to roleblock that night. If Veh didn't goof on Day 2 I can easily see Wilbur's lack of results getting him lynched instead with voth killed the following night. So go easy on that victory lap buddy, this one was gift wrapped for you Honorable mention for Jacklyn. First game ever so its clear she has a few nuances to learn. I know for a fact she'll pick them up quickly.

As for the next game, I'm more than willing to host another immediately. I have a few possible games sort of lined up already.
          With respect, if I didn't press Willby like I did, town would not have known shit. Right or wrong, sometimes going full court press to get intel is a strong town move. Just because I press someone hard does not always mean I think they are scum - it might (in this case) mean that I'm not getting what I want from the situation and the only way to (possibly) remedy it is to press harder and harder.

I would be embarrassed as hell if every time I questioned, threatened, or proposed an idea about someone in these games, it was held against me at the end. Bottom line? Without me, town didn't have shit this game. Right or wrong, for better or worse, this didn't happen the same way without me. And it was a blowout town victory. Kind of a poor choice for "co-LVP" with the guy who easily lost the game for himself and his teammate.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Let's not forget that it was my statement that started the entire narrative of "visiting someone every night." Again,2 without me, this game looks a lot different.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post
              I would be embarrassed as hell if every time I questioned, threatened, or proposed an idea about someone in these games, it was held against me at the end. Bottom line? Without me, town didn't have shit this game. Right or wrong, for better or worse, this didn't happen the same way without me. And it was a blowout town victory. Kind of a poor choice for "co-LVP" with the guy who easily lost the game for himself and his teammate.
              Like I said earlier, I thought the questioning was a bit of a ploy. Didn't actually rake in any scum, but the info DID get out there, and we DID win the game.

But as far as "town wouldn't have shit without me", I'll disagree. If I'm allowed to use my action N1, I instantly catch whoever killed Exalt. From there it's process of elimination, and a skilled player mightve been able to win 1v6, but it would have been tough.

GG though, Soilderz/Paul MVP well deserved.

Comment

• I had 3 of 7 possible votes on me and not a soul had another vote on them by the time I first voted Voth. To say that's what got my bandwagon moving is a little inaccurate.

This game was 17 pages of Willby and Voth arguing and 8 pages of me trying to explain that I knew what I knew when I knew it.

​​​​​
                ​​​
                Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                Message has been sent to online moderators
                2:BLeeN> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>no
                2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                2:BLeeN> ok then no
                :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

• And somewhere in the distance, a horn tooted.

Dingle

Doink

(Overstrand)>no

Comment

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                    And somewhere in the distance, a horn tooted.

Dingle

Doink

Dingle

Doink.

Daddy's home, kids.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

We had a good run for a while. The only way to encourage activity is to wake the old players up and keep trying. Soilderz showed up and was active. No reason to just screw it all because it's been a bit dead for a while.
                      It'ss kinda sad people are calling me lurker or accusing me of being inactive when I was, if not the 3rd most active, then the 4th most by a long shot. Of course Vehicle you're gonna be more active when people are posting about you and you're being voted on. You have to defend yourself.

Also I think I'm the only Euro in this game so the only time you guys were active were between 6pm-6 am my time, nevertheless not fair to not include me in the active list.
                      https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                      1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                      1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                      1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                      1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                      1:soild>they can say what they like
                      1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                      1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

• Oh and didn't see the MVP shouts - thanks. I felt I had a pretty good read on the Scum list being at least 2 of Vehicle, Jacklyn and Jessup quite early on (well it was made easier when I was almost 95% sure Voth and tp was VT of course). Jessup's "out there" plays threw me off a little but. And by the end of Day 1 I was quite sure Willby's roleclaim made sense and protected him. I'd be happy to play one more before xmas.
                        https://soundcloud.com/annux-1/annux-relief

1:Wah!!>THE WAY I FEEL FOR YOUUU HOHOHOHOOH OHOHO
                        1:Wah!!>OH OH OH OH OH OH OOOHH
                        1:Wah!!>I dont worry cause
                        1:soild <ZH>>EVERYHTINGS GONNA BE ARLIGFHT
                        1:Wah!!>people keep on talking
                        1:soild>they can say what they like
                        1:Wah!!>ALL I know is:
                        1:soild>EVERYTHINGS GONNA BE ALRIGHT

Comment

I had 3 of 7 possible votes on me and not a soul had another vote on them by the time I first voted Voth. To say that's what got my bandwagon moving is a little inaccurate.

This game was 17 pages of Willby and Voth arguing and 8 pages of me trying to explain that I knew what I knew when I knew it.

​​​​​
                          ​​​
                          and 4 posts from me after I spent about 2 minutes skimming the game, only to die right after, but still making an impact nonetheless

Honestly though, I've been working midnights over the last few months, so my schedule is fucked up and when game days move too fast, I can't really keep up. I have to pick my spots when I post. I'm awake during the mornings and all night, but afternoons are mostly a no go. It would be nice to have a game where the game phase lasts like 36 hours or something instead of 24

RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Soilderz ? Why you @ing me? I lumped you in with the other three quietest people during the game. It was purely an excuse to vote for you.

​​​​​​
                            (Overstrand)>no

Comment

• Maybe all of you should remember this is SSCU Trench Wars Forums and stop having vaginal pain every time someone calls you out. This is mafia, after all. Cum goblins.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Soilderz ? Why you @ing me? I lumped you in with the other three quietest people during the game. It was purely an excuse to vote for you.

​​​​​​
                                I mean there were 9 people playing, and when you get rid of Beast and Exalt, who died early, the 4th quietest player is also the 4th loudest player.

Comment

Working...
                                X