Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/bal-t...,6802865.story

(Not to overstate the point, but I thought I'd bring some fact to the table, instead of just speculation.)

That's just the last 50 years, and just the US Roman Catholic church's estimation. That doesn't include beyond the 50 years, doesn't include other countries, and most victims are male, so the likelihood of the victim coming forward are much lower. Lastly, these are the figures presented in the estimation of the church itself, so it's likely a conservative estimate.

:shock1: wtf...
    I'll not contest the source of such counting neither will i say that some of those cases might be unjust acusations... but 12000 victims in 50 years is a lot... ew never though it was that much... its almost 250 victims per year...
    A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Do you think the Pope himself has abused children?

I think Catholic priests didnt get the whole picture when they saw Jesus healing a child...
      I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

I guess its the same effect as being in jail, being bound to your religion.

Comment

the Pope reads my "post here if you are a sexual predator" thread but is too afraid to post in it

true story.
          can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

buttha 4 reign

Comment

Doesnt Matter Religeon is SHIT. Nothing but a bunch of lies

Comment

Originally posted by The Hawk
                Doesnt Matter Religeon is SHIT. Nothing but a bunch of lies
                That might be your opinion but religion plays an important role even today. Firstly, it gives people purpose. Secondly religion is responsible for our morals, imagine a world without morals...it would be like the trench wars community. Thirdly, it provides a community.

Might I add that even Atheists have beliefs of some sort, for instance the Big Bang or aliens. A basic meaning of religion is a community of people that share similiar beliefs. By this meaning even Atheists have a religion. I find it odd that most Atheists 'hate' God even though they're supposed to believe that God doesn't exist.

Comment

Thats an excellent point. People these days are too closed-minded. They believe in only tangible things. If its not apparent, it doesn't exist. It is people that is the problem, not any form of religion.

I believe that there is a life after death, or rather another realm. I do not believe that us as humans can comprehend and understand about any form of God or higher being. All we have are theories that just scrape the tip of the iceberg. And to me, that is the point in life, we all find our own ways. We start life uninfluenced by anyone and we exit this life with our own ideas.

Comment

not many people know this about me, but i am actually God.
                    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

True story?
                      Jacklyn> i'm not here right now, leave ur phone number address and directions to your house, where you keep your money and what time youre not home and i will get Right back to you

Comment

If he does retire, lets hope he doenst make one of those stupid fucking retirement threads.
                        k8> (both my dad's are gay :( )

Comment

Originally posted by Roggan
                          If he does retire, lets hope he doenst make one of those stupid fucking retirement threads.
                          **BAD JOKE ALERT**
                          **BAD JOKE ALERT**
                          Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
                          i just wish it was longer
                          Originally posted by Cops
                          it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

The pope is pope till he dies. Then the old guys elect another old guy to govern the old guys of the world...and Catholics.
                            this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
                            (:3=

Comment

I find most of this thread very sad and unrespectful of a man who has devoted his life to something he believes in.

Yes i'm from Ireland where alot of devote catholics come from, but i myself aren't even religious. Yet i do think that the current pope is a man of honor and he should at least be respected... I don't agree with his beliefs like the fact he is against contraception like condoms .... but i do understand his stance.

He is going with the moral high ground, saying ppl shouldn't be fucking all around them but with only the one that they love!

Others are saying yeah but we are all horny bastards at least jubes restrict HIV a bit etc...

Who is right?

Both sides are..

If he is to try his best to represent a great god on Earth ... how can he condone a thing that goes against the bible which is basically casual sex?

Yet its part of the human condition that a lot (not all, but a lot) cheat or have alot of sex b4 marriage...

So like most things in life its not black and white but a hue of grey.

As far as i know, This man believes that he has been aflicted with these ailments to show the world that he can continue through them till the day he dies, trying to do his best to continue his duties as a pope.

he has most certainly done that this far, above and beyond the call of duty

It's easy to slate anyone, but really imagine yourself in his shoes? what would you do? NOTE. that any thing that seems irrelevant to you is of huge importance on the greater scale. i.e. say you say yeah fuck to the no condom and only sex within marriage, and HIV takes a hold over the whole of south america?

If you think you can do a better job than this man has done then maybe you can cast the first stone ^^
                              In my world,
                              I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop

I find most of this thread very sad and unrespectful of a man who has devoted his life to something he believes in.

Yes i'm from Ireland where alot of devote catholics come from, but i myself aren't even religious. Yet i do think that the current pope is a man of honor and he should at least be respected... I don't agree with his beliefs like the fact he is against contraception like condoms .... but i do understand his stance.

He is going with the moral high ground, saying ppl shouldn't be fucking all around them but with only the one that they love!

Others are saying yeah but we are all horny bastards at least jubes restrict HIV a bit etc...

Who is right?

Both sides are..

If he is to try his best to represent a great god on Earth ... how can he condone a thing that goes against the bible which is basically casual sex?

Yet its part of the human condition that a lot (not all, but a lot) cheat or have alot of sex b4 marriage...

So like most things in life its not black and white but a hue of grey.

As far as i know, This man believes that he has been aflicted with these ailments to show the world that he can continue through them till the day he dies, trying to do his best to continue his duties as a pope.

he has most certainly done that this far, above and beyond the call of duty

It's easy to slate anyone, but really imagine yourself in his shoes? what would you do? NOTE. that any thing that seems irrelevant to you is of huge importance on the greater scale. i.e. say you say yeah fuck to the no condom and only sex within marriage, and HIV takes a hold over the whole of south america?

If you think you can do a better job than this man has done then maybe you can cast the first stone ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X