Muhammad cartoon row intensifies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muhammad cartoon row intensifies

Islamic tradition bans depictions of the Prophet, but media watchdogs defend press freedom to publish the images.

Hmm...so the Muslims are rioting because of this, as they feel that Muhammad cannot be depricted in any form. If it is done, then all hell breaks out!

I am baffled as to why anyone cares? Seems that these rioters could care less of anyone elses relegions and countries beliefs/laws. Perhaps the rioters could get a F'n job and stop burning flags and shooting off guns in the streets? Would it ever be possible for them to give a contribution to society that was not revolving around rioting?

Such a one sided thing. The world seems keen on bending over and taking the backlash of upsetting these people.

Perhaps they should make a stencil of Muhammad doing a lude act and graffitti as many walls all over these communities/countries.

I dunno...I guess it is ok to sever the head of innocent people and blow up children in schools and shopping areas, but god forbid you make a cartoon of Muhammad then all hell will break out in the international community.

Just makes me dislike this ORGANIZED relegion more and more. Not that I like anything to do with ORGANIZED relegion.

This is more of a reason to stop using fossil fuel and finding other sources. What would these Arab nations do if they did not have oil to sell? Take the oil away from them and they have no economy...well...they do have Michael jackson living there now...hmmm ....but see if they can live by eating and drinking oil.

This world is F'ed up.
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Originally posted by 404 Not Found
    Islamic tradition bans depictions of the Prophet, but media watchdogs defend press freedom to publish the images.

Hmm...so the Muslims are rioting because of this, as they feel that Muhammad cannot be depricted in any form. If it is done, then all hell breaks out!

I am baffled as to why anyone cares? Seems that these rioters could care less of anyone elses relegions and countries beliefs/laws. Perhaps the rioters could get a F'n job and stop burning flags and shooting off guns in the streets? Would it ever be possible for them to give a contribution to society that was not revolving around rioting?

Such a one sided thing. The world seems keen on bending over and taking the backlash of upsetting these people.

Perhaps they should make a stencil of Muhammad doing a lude act and graffitti as many walls all over these communities/countries.

I dunno...I guess it is ok to sever the head of innocent people and blow up children in schools and shopping areas, but god forbid you make a cartoon of Muhammad then all hell will break out in the international community.

Just makes me dislike this ORGANIZED relegion more and more. Not that I like anything to do with ORGANIZED relegion.

This is more of a reason to stop using fossil fuel and finding other sources. What would these Arab nations do if they did not have oil to sell? Take the oil away from them and they have no economy...well...they do have Michael jackson living there now...hmmm ....but see if they can live by eating and drinking oil.

This world is F'ed up.

First post!!! WTf is this?
    Pallies Foreva

Comment

It's me bitching and griping about an event that had made the news

Comment

Some Danish newspaper had a comic that had Muhammed in it, and now all the muslims are all pissed and boycotting and whatnot.

Some people need to chill out.
        USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

I didn't read your post 404, but I know what this is about.

I found it funny when I read it in the paper, they were burning the danish flag and pics of Rasmussen, the big dude over there. And the editor of the paper made formal apologies, and now some chick in the euro parlement is pissed because of freedom of speech and we shouldn't allow them to be able to succesfully protest against it.

I just find it funny, I mean, get a fucking sense of humor. High Arabic politicins even demanded high punishments for whoever made it.. I think a fatwa has also already been released over the one who made it. I mean, are they serious? putting someone in jail for drawing a pic? ROFL.
          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

It was a rule they had that didn't hurt anyone, why would anyone draw their prophet just to make then angry, its just retarded.

They wanna boycott danish and norwegian products now. I wonder how we got drawed into this shit.
            DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
            Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
            Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
            -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Why would anyone blow up a school of children or a marketplace of innocent people? I may be wrong and correct me if I am...but I think there are laws against this too, that are moral as well as legally made ...not to mention kidnapping and be-heading people.

So if they know it is bad to kidnap & murder children, how can a cartoon be so offensive and personally I think I may have to make Muhammad cartoons of him sleeping amongst a pen of pigs.

To quote the excerpt from BBCNews.com:

"The protests from Muslims would be taken more seriously if they were less hypocritical,"
              Last edited by 404 Not Found; 02-01-2006, 04:33 PM.

Comment

I'm not siding with them or anything, the world would be better without them. Just thought it was weird that they wanted to boycott norwegian products.
                DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Well from the wisdom they have...there is a chain of produce stores with a corporate name of Arla. They are boycotting it, due to it being related to Danish ownership.

They are an amazing group of people....such a level of education that take out there anger on the rest of the world, especially the innocent.

Was not saying that you where siding with them RATTY.

Comment

We need some 'Mohammed' brand toilet paper.
                    SEE THAT'S WHAT'S WRONG WIT YOU WHITE MUHFUCKAS, YA'LL ALWAYS TRYNA -FORCE A MOTHAFUCKA TO DO SOMETHIN- YA'LL ALWAYS TRYNA FORCE A MUHFUCKA TO SEE SHIT YOUR WAY.
                    AND IT BACKFIYAHS. EVERY. FUCKIN. TIME.

o// REVERE ILYAZ, JASON & GRAN \\o

Comment

Originally posted by RATTY...
                      It was a rule they had that didn't hurt anyone, why would anyone draw their prophet just to make then angry, its just retarded.

They wanna boycott danish and norwegian products now. I wonder how we got drawed into this shit.
                      That's not the point though. No one has the right to NOT be offended. All religions, organizations, nations, actions and view points needs to be criticized, discussed and debated at one point or another. If they don't like it then they can claim defamation or something else if the actions of the cartoonist were found illegal by an offical body/govn. (maybe outside of the middle east..) and take it to another level but restorting to violence, murder, and terrorism is never acceptable. This religion and many others rarely takes the legal/peaceful route, only when there's something big to gain and when a majority of the culture disallows it (I.E when there's less fundamentalist around). It's a sad world full of control freaks.
                      Last edited by Kolar; 02-01-2006, 07:52 PM. Reason: word-->world

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found
                        Why would anyone blow up a school of children or a marketplace of innocent people? I may be wrong and correct me if I am...but I think there are laws against this too, that are moral as well as legally made ...not to mention kidnapping and be-heading people.

So if they know it is bad to kidnap & murder children, how can a cartoon be so offensive and personally I think I may have to make Muhammad cartoons of him sleeping amongst a pen of pigs.

To quote the excerpt from BBCNews.com:

"The protests from Muslims would be taken more seriously if they were less hypocritical,"
                        I know man, all 1 billion Muslims in the world are terrorists! </sarcasm>
                        Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                        www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

Mohammed can suck my dick.

Fact: Mohammad was a pedophile. He married a six year old girl when in his fifties and consumated the marriage when she turned nine. SOOO many muslims try to deny this even though its in the friggin hadiths.

Fact: Mohammad was a bloody killer, just look at his trip to Medina

Fact: Mohammad was NOT illiterate, he murdered his Assyrian teacher to cover this but regardless, scholars know better. Besides, use some damn logic, what middle class man in enlightened arabia who was married to a wealthy merchant would NOT know how to read?

Fact: He was a slave trader, the Hadiths speak on this as well.

So enough with the "peace be unto him". He was a pedophile, murderer, slave trader and liar.

All religion should be banned and soon because all it does nowadays is cause conflict especially Islam.

EDIT: I dont want to hijack this thread like the others so if you dont have anything intelligent to say to me, dont say anything at all.

Comment

I went to the shop on the corner, and the muslim owner charged me 50p for some chewing gum, then another muslim bought a pack for 20p. WTF is up with that?
                            1:LMAO> lets do everything dirty
                            1:LMAO> hack
                            1:LMAO> i will back u up
                            1:LMAO> whatever it takes to win

Comment

Originally posted by Colossos
                              I went to the shop on the corner, and the muslim owner charged me 50p for some chewing gum, then another muslim bought a pack for 20p. WTF is up with that?
                              You didn't buy the same brand.
                              People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

Working...
                              X