Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thread 4 all my fat bros (now: exercise thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running shoes are very important, especially if you're slightly overweight.

http://www.mizunorunning.com/running

they also have a self diagnostics so you can argue with the personnel in the store
    "People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer."

"Cherry blossoms in the Spring, and starry skies in the Summer. The Autumn brings the full moon. The Winter brings the snow. These things make Sake taste good. If you don't like Sake, then there is something wrong with you." Seijuro Hiko

Comment

You don't need special shoes to run, stop wasting time and just go run

now. yeah you
      JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
      the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Running shoes are supposed to fit a bit big. ^-^
        Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RednaZ View Post
          Running shoes are very important, especially if you're slightly overweight.

http://www.mizunorunning.com/running

they also have a self diagnostics so you can argue with the personnel in the store

I just did their diagnostics and it seemed pretty accurate. Thanks for sharing.
          Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ilya View Post

how important are "running shoes"? i have a pair of adidas sneakers i got at Costco 2 or 3 years ago for $30 that i wear when i go out. they feel fine but i read somewhere you can get injured if you don't wear the right shoes
            try getting some minimalistic ones without a big heel, you want to land on your forefoot instead of your heel. also, try keeping your stride so that your feet are directly under your shoulders and don't lean forwards with your back.

some additional tips:
            - don't do crunches, instead do stuff like leg-raises (kind of a bad pic), but yeah, keep your abs tight during the entire movement. move slowly and breath out when you raise your feet. pause when you have them up before lowering and paus when before you are moving them up. if the above picture is too hard, simply tuck your knees in, if it's too easy, straighten out your feet and lock them like that.
            alternatively you can buy a wheel and do rollouts.
            - do progressively harder pushups as you go, do like 2x30 of regular and then move to a harder form. ie: hands together (diamon pushups), divebomber pushups, decline pushups, one arm pushups
            - (bodyweight) squats, go the entire way down with these, if you have problems, you might want to hold something in front of you for balance, ie. kettlebell, dumbbell, a bag with books etc. make sure you use your pure strength when coming from these and don't bounce.
            - invest in a pullup bar, they cost you like 10 dollars, and hold atleast 110 kg. start doing pullups, if you can't do those. do negatives.
            - you don't need to do the above 5 days a week, 3 is plenty.
            - don't worry if you miss breakfast. I havent had one proper for about a year and I keep improving everywhere in my workouts/quality of life/overall performance
            - don't worry if you skip a meal. the body can handle itself very good in a +15 h fasted state (after you play floorball for 90 minutes a few times, with NOTHING but water in you, and you can still run longer and faster everytime) you know that the body doesn't need 6 meals a day or whatever. the easiest way to get your weight down is to simply eat less than usual. eating greens and shit is a sure way to do this.
            - dont go balls to the walls with protein shakes or whatever. if you could just eat like 300 g of protein daily, everyone would be as big as mountains and lift like andy bolton. just keep doing strength building exercises regularly and your body will take care of the rest. ps. steroids is an exception (but you are not a pussy, are you?)

one additional: if you have access to a 16kg (35lbs) kettlebell or dumbell or something, start swinging it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW6ax_Wp0P4 imitate that form. i guarantee you it will do good for you (as long as your form is ok)
            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

this thread is silly.

stop drinking beer for three months. lose 20 lbs. start drinking again. repeat (during winter). easy.

Comment

Jack Lalanne (god rest his soul) had two things to say about nutrition that stuck with me: "if it tastes good, spit it out" and "if man made it, don't eat it." These two pieces of advice really helped me get my nutrition right, which improved a lot of other things. Working out isn't the hard part, its eating right that's always been a killer for me.

Kthx is pretty much on the money. A lot of the processed stuff we eat tastes so good that we find natural foods bland. Took me awhile before I can "enjoy" eating raw vegetables. Another obvious tip I can think of is to stay away from anything that sounds too good to be true, like those "weight loss" supplements and even creatine. Do take in enough protein in a day for muscles and learn to read nutritional labels. (i.e. 10% of calories or less should be calories from fat)

That's about it. I have this long list of workouts that I do weekly, but that's more for me and not for everyone. Again, working out counts for maybe 25% of the weight loss. For awhile I was wondering why I was kinda fat when I worked out 7 times a week.
                TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                TelCat> i dont

Comment

What the hell? Walmart, beer? You guys don't know me at all. This hurts

I only drink liquor and wine

I'm so sore. Thanks for the workouts Jones. I don't really know anything other than running and crunches
                  can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

That's what I eat for lunch most days. I cut out all carbs from my lunch a couple years ago, and save them for breakfast or sparingly at dinner.

If you'd like some workout ideas, I've copy and pasted my regimen for 2011 below. I do a 7-day rotation.

Day 1: Push Day 1

Incline bench: Incremental 185, 205, 225, 245lbs 4 sets of 8

Tricep Press superset (skull crushers) Incremental, 25, 30, 35lbs 3 sets of 10 each arm and Tricep overhead press - 85lbs 3 sets of 8

Tricep extensions on bench incremental 60, 70, 80lbs 3 sets of 8.

or Tricep Kickback, 30lbs, 3 sets of 10, alternate with press

Tricep Dips: 3 sets of 15-25 reps

Cable chest fly: incremental 110, 120, 130lbs, 3 sets of 8

Shoulder press: incremental 180, 200, 220lbs, 3 sets of 8

Shoulder lateral raise: incremental 110, 120, 130 3 sets of 8

20 minutes running/biking

Day 2: cardio

20-30 minute bike on trainer at home. Or 90min bike outside.

Stretch

Day 3: Pull Day

Pullups: Alternate grip, 2 sets of 8. Regular grip - 2 sets of 8.

Incline Row: incremental 135, 150, 165, 3 sets of 10

Single Bicep Prayer Curl superset: incremental 40, 45, 50, 3 sets of 8

and sincle hammer curls: 30lbs, 3 sets inbetween the above

Reverse bicep curl: incremental 50, 60, 70lbs 3 sets of 8

Superman curls: Incremental 25, 35, 45-55 (per arm) 3 sets of 8

Shrugs: incremental 270, 300, 330 3 sets of 8 (machine)

Cable row, 150, 180, 210, 3 sets of 6

Decline cable row, 80, 90, 100, 3 sets of 6

Leg curl, incremental 120, 140, 160, 3 sets of 10

isolation dumbell row: incremental 65, 70, 80 or 90, 3 sets of 8

20min run/bike

Day 4: cardio

20-30 minute bike on trainer at home. Or 90min bike outside.

Lunges - 3 sets of 20ish

Stretch

Day 5: Push Day 2 (Legs, shoulders)

Bench press, incremental: 245, 265, 285-315, 3 sets of 8

Tricep cable press: incremental, 80-120, 3 sets of 8-10

Chest fly (if I wanted to)Obliques lifts, 45lbs, 3 sets of 20

Shoulder press without back rest, 60, 70, 80, 3 sets of 8

Leg press, incremental, 270, 300, 310lbs, 3 sets of 6

Squats, variable, 3 sets of 8

20 min bike/run

Day 5 (alternative): Pull day 2 (lats and misc)

Lateral raises 110-130, 3 sets of 8

lateral cable raises 20lbs 4-5 sets of 8 per arm

lat dumbell pullover 80lbs 3 sets of 8

ab crunch machine: incremental 130, 155, 170. 3 sets of 15

obliques

run/bike 20 minutes.

stretch.

Day 6: Cardio

60-90min trainer ride or 90-210min ride outside (20-60 miles)

Day 7: rest and rebuild

20 min easy spin on bike trainer or 60 min easy ride outside

or do nothing at all

stretch + brag to the girlfriend about how buff I am
                    Last edited by Bioture; 01-25-2011, 02:41 PM. Reason: lolol that picture broke the tables
                    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                    TelCat> i dont

Comment

Tai Chi
                      sigpic
                      All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Pilates gave me a six pack in two weeks, so I'm going to go ahead and give it another :up:

That leg thing that Jones posted is like Pilates. I do one move where you lay on your back, legs flat, and do a sit up (keeping your legs flat on the ground). Then go back down to the ground, lift up your legs like in Jone's picture while at the same time crunching up and touching your hands to your toes. It's great for the abs.
                        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                        1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                        1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                        1:Chao <ER>> at all
                        1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                        1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                        Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                        Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

P90X Raorrrrrr

P.S. Bio that lunch looks delicious actually.
                          1:Cape> is infrared the thing that microwave does?
                          Cape> i thought it was like u inferred
                          1:Cape> yo when u look up at the night sky and see billions of night stars
                          1:Cape> im like fuk it let this shit end

Tsunami> LOl
                          beam> stfu tsunami
                          Tsunami> yo this girl is dead up snoring
                          beam> ur blacker than tarcoal
                          Tsunami> should end her life while she sleeps

Comment

I don't think that workout will help Ilya at all bio, considering he will probably have to research what 95% of the workouts mean. You and me have such a different workout it's pretty crazy.
                            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                            DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                            1:waven> is if im going to prison
                            1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by Ilya View Post
                              do about 15 min of crunches/squats/pushups/situps and a little bit of weight training
                              Considering you're fat, you will see results quick if you stay dedicated and try to eat somewhat healthy. 15 minutes of crunches/squats/pushups/situps is....nothing if you are talking about 15 minutes total for all of those, and what are you doing squats with just your own body weight?

I go to the gym 5x a week and go hard fucking core, I used to lift all the time back in high school but stopped when I went off to college but now I started backup again a few months ago and I should be looking like the hulk when summer comes.

My advice though, join bodybuildingforums.com and ask for advice there because there are SO many people that are VERY smart when it comes to getting in shape and are more than willing to help and be supportive and teach you the basics. This isn't really the place to ask for workout or health tips judging from the people I see on tw gallery.

Also running shoes are very important, don't listen to the idiots who say they aren't. good luck
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                              1:waven> is if im going to prison
                              1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Originally posted by megaman89 View Post
                                what are you doing squats with just your own body weight?
                                yeah

i'm already on bodybuildingforums http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=127185813
                                can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Working...
                                X