Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thread 4 all my fat bros (now: exercise thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i burn so much testosterone working out

last night while i was trying to do my nighttime jerk in bed, it took like 20 minutes of intense hardcore visualizations to even get it up

i was really quite worried
    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

rrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllffff fffffff
      Mega Newbie
      TWLD Season MVP - 3 times
      TWLD Captain/wb player Champion - Stray
      TWEL wb and spid Champion!
      TWLD final's chocker - 3 times
      TWLJ bencher Champion
      TWLB bencher Champion
      Inactive Player

Comment

Bio's workout plan is great -- but don't start out doing that intense of a workout if you've been lazy for a while. lol.

I was pretty close to that type of workout schedule years ago back in HS, minus all the pull-ups. Tricep dips and inclined/declined bench were always my favs. Cardio was done 'easily' by all the running our sadistic coaches made us do (goddamn 6-man football "trackmeets").

Of course, then I went to university and stopped doing all that stuff regularly; then owning a convenience store after that has definitely taken it's toll on my body the last 10 yrs.

FUCKING JUNK FOODS Avoid eating them at all costs; unless you're at my store -- then buy all you want. :P

I'm slowly getting back to eating real foods and less processed crap. This along with a regular cardio routine makes such a huge difference in how one looks and feels. I can't wait to move back into Denver where I can have a lap pool to go to, swimming is great.
        Fuck it.

Comment

Manipulate your metabolism by eating a large, high-protein, low-carb breakfast (beans, oats, or eggs are good).
          Then eat a medium size lunch and a small dinner, all with least carbs as possible. And eat fruit in between meals.
          After a big workout it is important to control your food intake. Eat a small amount of low-fat protein directly after your workout, then try and hold out for a couple of hours until you eat a full meal. This will maximize your body's fat burning.
          sigpic

Comment

bio's workout sounds nice but i didn't understand any of it.

i don't eat bad at all, guys. i just don't do (did) any exercise
            can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by Ilya View Post

Well if you already eat decently -- that's almost halfway there. Just don't jump into a heavy workout program -- start small and work your way up to what ends up working best for you.

/every time i see that picture of Bio's typical lunch I get hungry, it looks so damn tasty >.<
              Fuck it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ilya View Post

If you got the diet part down, you'll be glad to know thats like 75% of the work!

It's just to give you some ideas so you can try different things - you can google the exercises to see how they work. I'd usually go with perceived effort. I.E. if you can do more than 16 reps in a set, increase weight, if less than 8, decrease weight. Form is always more important then how much weight.

Good luck
                TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                TelCat> i dont

Comment

Also just keep in mind that just because something says its healthy or fat free doesn't mean its actually good for you. Stick with natural shit if you can. Unbleached whole grain flour, real butter, turbinado sugar, fresh vegetables, fresh meat (make sure you check to make sure the meat isn't MSM and filled with carageenan and soy like it sometimes is as Krogers and other shitty stores). The best bet is generally to make sure you stick to the outside of the store, and don't really go into the middle section much. Think about whats on the outside aisles. Vegetables, Fruits, Cheeses, Milks, Meats, etc. Also just look at every label and make sure you aren't eating shit that is full of fucking soy and other hydrogenated oils. Canola oil and Rapeseed oil is nearly just as bad. I started doing this sorta shopping about a year ago and I feel much better, and generally feel sick if I eat anything with all the processed shit in it.

Also keep in mind you should eat more portions during the day, but smaller portions, when your body is hungry it goes into starvation mode and starts 'storing up' fat cells because it thinks you might be needing them to survive a long time without food in the near future. This makes it harder for you to lose the weight. And as far as working out, I would suggest doing like 5 miles on the elliptical machine every day, its easy on your feet and legs and gives you more of a full body workout.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by megaman89 View Post
                    I don't think that workout will help Ilya at all bio, considering he will probably have to research what 95% of the workouts mean. You and me have such a different workout it's pretty crazy.
                    Yeah this is just for general ideas in case you were looking for workouts to try. I built this routine over a very long time and it seems to work pretty good (and is pretty time-effective). I don't really want anyone to adhere to my routine, because it's mine and it works for me.

If you're just starting out to lift, I'd go with maybe three times a week, and light cardio (20-30mins or so) in between. Trying different workouts to see which ones you like help a lot. Part of it is having fun. I like to bike a lot so I do that for cardio over running.
                    TelCat> i dont

Comment

Oh and as far as working out, the p90x is great but its really really hard, I wouldn't suggest it till youve been working out for like six months regularly or have some amazing willpower.

But I would suggest googling circuit training for weight lifting, it means you work out each muscle each day, it helps build very heavy muscles instead of bulky watery muscles, so its better for getting cut, which for someone who is overweight means quicker weight loss, and eventually better results.
                      Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

before you drop 150 bucks on p90x, you can try these free equivalent workout plans from my buddy Scooby:

http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/p90xReview.htm

The guy has a basic no bs "eat right and workout" approach to getting fit. His videos are also quite funny and very informational. Especially his nutritional videos and the one about reading labels.

The great thing is his entire site is free and it is updated consistently. I have friends who have p90x and I've seen it - it is fine if you're looking for a workout plan, but it's a little extreme and the fallout rate is pretty high. Also, what happens after 90 days? Being healthy is a lifetime commitment!
                        TelCat> i dont

Comment

Or you could just torrent it.. :P
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Eating right is definitely (at least for me, I don't like most veggies) the hardest part about getting in shape. If you've already got it pinned down then it should be a breeze for you. I know I had no problem staying motivated and hitting the gym at least 4 times a week with a good solid work out. The hardest thing about it, in my opinion is taking on the responsibility of a knowledgeable chef, unless you live with your mom but I don't think you do.
                            1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
                            3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
                            3:Best> see it coming
                            3:Best> sad

Comment

Learn to cook simple things, and build on it from there when you get sick of chicken breasts and raw vegetables every night. The things you learn now will become easier down the road and you're not only doing it for yourself, but for your kids and theirs.

The problem with a lot of children's diets these days is the complete lack of nutritional information they are exposed to growing up. I'm not talking about what they learn in school, but what their daily meals are based around. You don't have to be a gung-ho healthy father, but getting your kids involved in cooking healthy and fun meals is a great way to give them a bright future and keep yourself in shape too. Getting pizza a couple of times a week is going to make anyone's body greedy for fat/sugar/salt.

I see guys and gals at work that take out every day, and some of them may have the natural ability to stay thin no matter what, but you can tell it effects them when you can run circles around them at work, finish the day with a lot of energy, and eventually when you're attending their funerals.

I've had junk food kicks a few times in my life, and I've found that after a week of having non-processed, low sugar, low sodium foods, you'll start to enjoy the food you're eating. Your palette changes and your body agrees with you more. If you want to start getting back in shape, start simple and eat real simple foods: cook some chicken, boil some whole wheat rice (get it in bulk) and heat up some veggies - throw a little bit of natural low-sodium soy sauce on it all. Maybe even just start with a bowl of multi-grain cereal sprinkled with Splenda, a hard boiled egg and a multi-vitamin in the morning and see how you feel. You don't have to hit the weights and start running miles right away, but after you get your diet down, your body will tell you it wants more, then you just have to put your mind to it.

Remember, our minds LOVE fat, they LOVE sugar, they LOVE salt. You'll probably withdraw (crave it) even more when you try to eat simple and healthy. I'm not a health expert, but this is what I've learned through my years of experience of highs and lows.

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                                Also keep in mind you should eat more portions during the day, but smaller portions, when your body is hungry it goes into starvation mode and starts 'storing up' fat cells because it thinks you might be needing them to survive a long time without food in the near future. This makes it harder for you to lose the weight.
                                the above is completely false, sorry.

bodyweight squats are awesome, just work up to doing one-legged ones. works wonders for the knees + you don't have to put a bar on a spine that may be weak through inactivity.

don't know if bodybuilding is the right choice. as long as you can deadlift, squat, overhead press and do pullups you'll be fine really. Starting Strength is generally acceptable for beginners: http://startingstrength.com/
                                TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X