This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, and as a completely unrelated point:
    3) Whoever said you've surpassed us, we haven't gotten worse... you newbs didn't surpass anything, now stfu k thx.

Rofl, it sounds like we need a few old vets vs new [surpassing] players competitions, maybe a little draft type tourny thing; could be fun, and I know quite a few vets who would be motivated to unrust themselves at this opportunity.

SubSpace since Beta (early 1996).

Damn Pickle...I remember playing beta at my friend's house in '96, my comp only had windows 3.1 still and I didn't have internet anyway.
    Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
    1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
    2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
    Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
    Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

• Ive noticed many things in these posts so far, all of which are very helpfull on the OFFENSIVE, but unless i skipped over a post because i got bored reading it lol i havent seen anything on the DEFENSIVE side (exception to running, but thats not nessisarilly a technique). The defensive portion to warbird dueling is just as important as the offensive.You cant have an offensive technique without staying alive, and thats where your defensive comes into play.

There are many duelers out there that are decent in the warbird. Many have the skill of killing people, but some (or many) of those warbird duelers dont know shit about staying alive, which keeps them from passing that threshold between Skilled and Elite. I wont pick on anyone in particular, but I've seen quite a few exceptional pilots that would be so much better if they could only stay alive.

Some pointers:

~"Jiving" - When being rushed, do some crazy flying shit so your opponent(s) can't tell where your going. If he cant predict where your going, chances are you won't get hit.

~"Backwards Flying" - This isnt the same as running, for those who may think it is. The difference is, when you're flying backwards,your aiming your nose towrd the oppent while flying at normal speed, that way you can recharge and shoot as your being chased, and stiill be able to dodge incoming bullets whith whatever energy you have. You wanna keep the opponent a good distance away while doing this though, and not let him rush right up to you because you will be vulnerable for a shot.

~"slingshot thrust" - This is where the lag can be on your side. This maneuver can be very fun and humoring if done correctly. While being closely chased while using your afterburners, quickly let off the thrust and hit the opposite arrow key, and jam on the thrust again. If done correctly, your opponent will fly by you as you thrust in the opposite direction and have to turn around to chase you, having never been able to fire a shot. This helps you get away from rushers, although it can be a very risky maneuver.

~"rock bouncing" - This can be both defensive and offensive. Just thrust toward a rock and hit it, and it'll change your course and put some disance between you and your opponent.

That's all i have for now really. hope it helps some of you average people.

EDIT: speaking of trainers, we have a few people that are gonna start training newbies in Trench as soon as we get our website done. Just click Here if you wanna see what we have so far. Chat is ?chat=AG2TW Go ahead and laugh, think its gay, spam me, whatever the hell you want. This is a serious thing that we're deciding to do for the Trench Wars community.

~Blue
      Last edited by Blue Thunder; 05-07-2004, 06:50 PM.
      "Shouldn't you be Running?"

Paladen

TW Beginners Guide

1:KJW> some 23 year old teacher was screwing her 14 year old students here in Florida was arrested yesterday ... she's HOT and I want to be 14 again!

(Robo Ref)>FACK U ALL BITSHES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirius
        Rofl, it sounds like we need a few old vets vs new [surpassing] players competitions, maybe a little draft type tourny thing; could be fun, and I know quite a few vets who would be motivated to unrust themselves at this opportunity.

Haha, like every "vet" I've dueled the vets would get destroyed then make up excuses as to why new people are better. It's fun when people talk shit after they lose a duel.
        Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirius
          Anyhow, I'm glad Foreign showed his face on this thread - Wisecherub

You can thank me for dragging his ass to the thread from his retirement home =P

sirius = lag

without lag he is kinda sucky!
          - Ragnarok.

How would you know how I play without lag if it doesn't happen often? You need to watch me play without lag sometime.

Besides, I'm glad I have a certain amount of lag, because it gives me the opportunity to utilize more skill/talent than is possible without lag. What am I talking about? That's coming up in lesson 3.
          i have seen u without lag & u choked (more then once).
          Originally posted by Kolar
          My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
          ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

• i have seen u without lag & u choked (more then once). - Ragnarok.

I know that's not true because the only time I've been without lag was a couple of days in december when I was at Splatz' house when I went back to NYC for the holidays. I doubt you were watching me play at that exact time. Yes my lag these days is 170, much less than 250 I had before I put in a different modem sometime last year around august, but that's not 'lagless' like Splatz' 20 ms.

Haha, like every "vet" I've dueled the vets would get destroyed then make up excuses as to why new people are better. It's fun when people talk shit after they lose a duel. - Mattey

Haha I like your attitude Mattey, gonna have to duel you later, going to eat in 5 min

But nah seriously, something official, like 5 on 5 vet vs new talent stuff, like a draft tourny with a couple of rounds, or even a deathmatch style 20 vets vs 20 new talent game, it may be interesting.

Or even a bracket tourny with a couple of 5 v 5's with different teams and the playoffs being a deathmatch between all vet teams vs all new talent teams.

Like TopGod said, its better to duel someone better than you, therefore you learn from it. - WiseCherub

Yeah a real strong point is to duel people who are much better, but not just more successful, but more talented or able in some ways.

To break it down, out of noted players in this game there are more or less 2 types the way I break it down: good players, and successful players.

Successful players are the ones that do what they have to do to get a good record at the end of the game, to succeed in a match at getting a good ratio, etc. Sometimes it doesn't have to take a lot of in-game type of direct talent, just a lot of patience. MetalKid is good for this example. I got nothing against MetalKid, but his style doesn't take use of too much other than knowing how to position your shots on radar, dodging strays, and patience. But he can and often is really successful in the game, with good ratios, etc.

On the other hand, you have those that belong to the good players section, like Blood, who utilize more talent to perform direct hands-on techniques [cutting the butter with the knife] type shit to get stuff done in the game (getting kills, dodging stuff).

The ones you probably want to duel against to get better are the ones that demonstrate talented performances that require you to built up counter-talent.

Take me for example, there are plenty of successful duelers out there, like Metalkid, but from dueling Metalkid I won't learn anything. In fact, I probably know how to play like him, I just don't have the enjoyment or patience for it. One of the only people I still get better from dueling would be Eetu. Some things he does I don't see anyone else do. Most the other good players who are successful or have capacity to beat me simply don't perform anything I dont already know, it's just a case of who does it better in the particular match.

Often times, some of the most talented players in the game are overlooked or not payed attention to because when it comes to matches, they may not do well because their particular talent is not compatible against particular groups, or their lag doesn't allow something, etc. That's where successful players are valuable.
            Last edited by Sirius; 05-07-2004, 08:00 PM.
            Trench Wars' # 1 Solo WB

TWEL WB Season 1 '03 Champ
            1st Annual WB Tournament '04 Champ
            2nd Annual WB Tournament '05 Champ
            Elim King '03-'11

Sirius> Raspi I want to explore this fetish of yours
            Raspi> AAAHHH THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!!!! sirius> finally... raspi> unhhhhhunhunh

Comment

• Dueling doesn't necessarily make you better overall. Dueling is a very specific subset of the skills necessary to be successful at this game.

-Epi
              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Epinephrine
                1.2 Concentration
                -----------------
                It is very important to have good concentration while playing. Even if you are a master, concentration always helps. Anyone remember Jeraden? Remember when he was really good? He never ever typed a single word while playing. Sure he uses a gamepad, but thanks to that he can concentrate. From observation and experience, if you concentrate completely on the GAME and only on the game while playing you will play better. If you want you can listen to music, but it's a bad idea to watch TV or talk to someone in real life while playing. It's also a bad idea to read anything anyone types while playing. Because of the nature of Trench Wars, you can die even by reading for one split second from a stray shot. Do what you must whether that means typing ?lines=0 or just ignoring all typing it using mental will. Try not to drawn in a conversation while playing, because then you'll die for sure. Also if you die, resist the urge to be mad and/or spam or type anything. The second your fingers leave from the playing position you've lost your concentration. Concentration takes a long time to properly build in no matter what it is you're doing. If you already have good concentration from a real life activity then you are advantaged. If not, you really do need it to do well. Finally don't pay attention to your record. Thinking about your record WHILE PLAYING will just screw you up. Think about that after, while you're playing... just play.

Welcome to Diso wb camp where none of the above applies...
                Originally posted by Disliked
                However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

• Well, like Demonic siad in his forum post, I think this game is more psychological then anything.. Even though some skill is needed to be good.
                  Can't think of a good signature :down: :mad:

Comment

• Thanks Mattey, my mom saw the I LIKE PENIS sig and banned me from the computer for 3 days, change it please!
                    Last edited by Send; 05-08-2004, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Wow this is surely the best thread ive ever seen on the forums, and I made it Kind of inspired me, maybe i'll get out of my slump now. But as I said before, what do you guys think about the 5v5 warbird duels and the best strategy for that?
                      I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

• It's not 50/50 to guess whether or not they will bounce off the rock. It's more like 90/10 unless you're an idiot. It's not a random event.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGod
                          Are you referring to me?
                          I think your opinion of your skill is higher than the reality, but for the record no I wasn't. I'm referring to the people who are giving wb advice and I've never even seen them play wb. Getting your wb strategy from pubMasterZ might not be the way to go.

Comment

• to the extent of my wb knowledge, flying backwards is fun. you sacrifice reaction, sure, but hey, i never calimed to be a wb god
                            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

• Want to be the best warbird ever?

Then forget about what everyone has said. My tips will turn you into the destroy machine. I serve more bullets up people's assess than McDonalds does with burgers (over 24 billion served!). Here are the keys to the game:

1.- Always shoot the blue spaceship.

2.- In a 5vs5-spaceship battle, only shoot when you see yellow dots on that little box thingy (bottom right).

3.- Press shift for extra-speed

4.- Make sure to buy a chinese cardboard modem to unlock a secret ability: infinite shields.

5.- Don't forget to put other people down by typing stuff like "NOOB EZ GG SON" after you have blown up their spaceship, and their timer goes on (it's key to do this before their timer to reappear runs out). This has a psychological effect on the other nerd behind the monitor, and he will be reminded of how dangerous and brave you are.

With these tips, you're granted a spot in the TRENCHWARS SHIP #1 HALL OF FAME!
                              Last edited by destroy; 05-08-2004, 06:10 PM.
                              The player with the biggest nuts.

- destroy

Comment

• Originally posted by Send
                                Thanks Mattey, my mom saw the I LIKE PENIS sig and banned me from the computer for 3 days, change it please!
                                try finding the feature that doesnt let signatures show up

Comment

Working...
                                X