basing = dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stabwound
    If you're looking for fun basing, join a good TWBD team.
    there arent enough good twbd teams.

Comment

Moan moan moan.

So some players don't do what you want them to do. Maybe some are not as good as you. Isn't that to be expected? Players do get better once they have played as much as you have. However, I bet half of you are crap and just want to ride a high horse for a while as if you are the shit.

As for sharking and terring having changed roles, well that's evolution for you. Some things aren't as useful anymore, get over it. I agree you can't do as much fun shark stuff but oh well, maybe it's just not as useful as you thought it was. As well, sharks and terrs are still vital and non-trivial ships to fly, you act as if there's nothing to do in it.

You all act as if you're too good for basing and it looks like some people are starting to believe you.

Comment

Fuck private and any other hosted basing. I like purepub but the lack of private freqs takes away the challenge I'm looking for. ?go basing is fun if you gather 20 people who are ready to have fun and who you can always learn something new from but when some staff member would see that there are people in there it'd be all ruined. All staff would go like "kekekekekeke" and then they'd just bring the basing bot in and it'd just be the same shit again.

Btw hosted basing with 60 people and enforced spiders is not even close to fun.
        Originally posted by Diakka
        Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
          Moan moan moan.

So some players don't do what you want them to do. Maybe some are not as good as you. Isn't that to be expected? Players do get better once they have played as much as you have. However, I bet half of you are crap and just want to ride a high horse for a while as if you are the shit.

As for sharking and terring having changed roles, well that's evolution for you. Some things aren't as useful anymore, get over it. I agree you can't do as much fun shark stuff but oh well, maybe it's just not as useful as you thought it was. As well, sharks and terrs are still vital and non-trivial ships to fly, you act as if there's nothing to do in it.

You all act as if you're too good for basing and it looks like some people are starting to believe you.
          My point is that it got less fun. And I do include myself in the same category with everyone else. I definedly did not mean I that I would be playing with any different methods than the ones currently in use. I just wanted to say that the lacks in some areas are forcing people into it. DUH

To simplefy my first post even further to prevent more misunderstanding I'm gonna make a little drawing.

?go base x 999999x10^394879games ------> players =
          players turn into static ----------> they lose the will to be anything else and kill the basing
          Last edited by Eeks; 12-02-2004, 09:15 AM.

Comment

I don't think basing is dead but I do think we need to bring more people into the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeks
              ?go base x 999999x10^394879games ------> players =
              players turn into static ----------> they lose the will to be anything else and kill the basing
              Okay. But maybe those static players are still having fun, if so what's wrong with that? So you are not having fun and therefore probably others are not too which is fair enough. But I'm sure plenty are still having fun and the only bored people are the ones who played it too much?

And if it is a problem, you should definitely provide a solution, or part of one, i.e. a practical solution that will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Nockm
                Okay. But maybe those static players are still having fun, if so what's wrong with that? So you are not having fun and therefore probably others are not too which is fair enough. But I'm sure plenty are still having fun and the only bored people are the ones who played it too much?

And if it is a problem, you should definitely provide a solution, or part of one, i.e. a practical solution that will work.
                solution: purepub with multiple freqs and freqsize limit of 8... wouldn't work tho but it's just my fantasy :P

Comment

I was thinking about this a few days ago. ?go base teaches people to spider the whole wrong way. It's all about ratio and kills. Nobody cares about the flag, much less their team. As long as they get that 2:1, they couldn't give two shits.
                  5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                  5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                  5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

solution: purepub with multiple freqs and freqsize limit of 8... wouldn't work tho but it's just my fantasy
                    I always thought a purepub with three teams and force even teams would be awesome.
                    Three teams going for the flag would mix things up a bit :wub:

Dunno about private freqs though.. I'm sure you'd just invite your friends to your freq and own the poor unfortunates on the other teams
                    STARKITTY
                    A White Mage

Buy edu backlinks

Comment

ha there is so much skill required in cramming you don't even know. but you are euro, i don't blame you for your lack of intelligence.

and fit, that is wrong, it depends on the persons ability to comprehend what a team game is. if you want to spider well in a league match you do have to ratio to some extent. more intelligent will understand that it goes beyond just killing people and not dying like 90% of the basing population does. that other 10% are the good spiders, but you can't say ratioing is bad. each situation calls for a different way to approach it. and depending what kind of spider you're playing for your team calls for a different strategy. you can't have 5 offensive agressive spiders on one team, it just doesn't work. but im not going to get into this, because I already know how to base i'll let you nubs figure it out.

nockm has made the best post on this thread so far high five nockm ^5
                      Last edited by apt; 12-02-2004, 10:59 AM.
                      1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

Private freqs in pure pub can ruin the game but there are sometimes 2 pure pubs one withough priv freqs and the next one up with them. Private freqs allow one decent priv freq to take flag room and easily defend it as the other 2 freqs fight each other in mid whilst the priv freq picks them off. That is generaly only fun for the Private freq.

Its all well to say join a squad to get twbd's, but on the whole most of the decent squad's have a big roster and don't want the newer players. The gulf in class in the non twl - twl squads is so huge that bd's between them are even more one sided than the ?go base games with stacked teams. Generaly the teams get bored of getting owned 15-3 against the top squads and dissolve within a month and a new squad arises and mixes the same players for this to happen again. Also outside the top 10 on the twbd ladder 8's are quite rare and it is therefore harder to get the experience to get better at it, before getting owned by the top squads.

At least ?go base will provide some experience although 90% of the games i have played there are pretty useless with 2 javs and a wb line ups etc on stacked teams. However it is better than nothing and occasionaly the games are good and enjoyable.

Its easy to preach "the end is nigh", generaly this is unhelpful and spreads negativity, it is harder to come up with some useful suggestions to try to make it more appealing or fun. Perhaps unless ppl have these, they should think twice before posting these doomsday threads.
                        In my world,
                        I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                          I was thinking about this a few days ago. ?go base teaches people to spider the whole wrong way. It's all about ratio and kills. Nobody cares about the flag, much less their team. As long as they get that 2:1, they couldn't give two shits.
                          Does elim teach people how to wb the right way? Even if your answer is yes, you are meant to say 'no'. And then I say, "Well there you go, it's just for fun."

Comment

solution: purepub with multiple freqs and freqsize limit of 8... wouldn't work tho but it's just my fantasy :P
                            Hah yeah that wouldn't work, but I freakin love it. Put those settings in a subarena, max 8 per freq.

A nice touch imo would be:
                            Put in a bot that makes sure each freq contains players of 1 squad only. That would be sweet. This way, it WOULD make basing better, because surely your teammates would be your squaddies, and your squaddies are going to play the 'correct' way as defined by yourself :wub:

Oh yeah, the only real incentive for players to play this subarena is squad pride. i.e. hopefully some young eager squad would want to dominate it, then some other egotistic squad would want to put them in their place and join in, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jones
                              I don't see ?go base any different from ?go wbduel since they both really have the same purpose. Subarenas like those are for practicing TWD/TWL for everybody anyways.

Want quality games? Then make a ?chat=basefriikks or something and organize a game in #sadf or #mythrandir.
                              True that...
                              And to Flared, I don't think those arena's will get spammed out to newbs. Mythrandir used to be a big secret aswell. It was for the leets only, and those were real base games. You tried sooooooo hard if you ever got picked after being in spec for 3 weeks.

And ppl .. didn't read those long answers. Write a book or something.
                              7:Barton> hi tats
                              7:Barton> still no smod?
                              7:Barton> :(
                              7:Tatsumaru uk> heh no
                              7:Barton> guess u need to do more ass kissing

3:Harder> we could be like tom cruise in top gun with team speak
                              3:Harder> "MAVRIC I GOTTA BIRD ON MY BACK!!"

8:Ghast> LOL METALKID LOOKS LIKE A WEASEL ROFLROFL

Comment

Or maybe you should read more if you consider anything anyone wrote here to be long.

Comment

Working...
                                X