Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Staff resignation. It's controversial like Jerry Springer in '97.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you give away power as if it were candy yes. That has to do with the way staff is organized, people can just climb up the ladder so easily.
    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

haha, TW is like the sinking Titanic, and it's hilarious

Comment

The zone is still most populair and best run, so you are jumping the gun here.
        You ate some priest porridge

Comment

qan, you were a great staffer, I love your aiming tool too, you're truely a great guy and will be missed as much as Rodge.

Comment

Zerz, I was never implying to be recruited right now, nor was I asking for staff. My whole point was: I have been willing to join staff for quite some time, and do alot for this zone, but no one ever gave me a chance or whatever, and about now I know quite alot about tw, not everything not by far. But I am not really new anymore. And I have seen people get staff that played for like a month, Ice storm wasn't around that long when he got staff. I am just saying, some people, perfectly willing to be staff and willing to put in some effort to be a good staffer, and help tw. I would try my best, I really would. And I am not inactive, I go afk alot because I get bored very quicly nowdays, but maybe if I would be on staff I would renewed interest, helping people, eventually hosting stuff. But I am not inactive, I am on atleast once every 2 days, besides when I am on vacation or something special. And I will let people know when that happens, ie when I am in a squad, or just people on my chat. I was just trying to point out there are people who aren't new, and perfectly willing to be staff and try out there but being overlooked, by some personal vendetta/grudge or not I don't know.

Now I am not getting into this argument either, because I don't know half as much as I should know just to even be able to make some sense on here. And I think I have also made pretty clear I wouldn't mind being staff, without actually asking, begging, whining for it, from my point off view. But thats just my 2 cents.
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

im bizack

haha zerz i thought i had the worst grammer in tw forums... then i started to read your post

take my racism theory how you want im still gunna uphold the "ss law" but i do truly feel its wrong

shade i wasnt attacking you with the 3seconds crap i jus sayin none of us newer <ER>s were properly trained we was just asked if we wanna be <ER>S and that was just a perfect example i thought anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Chicken
                The other thing is when people get in a position of power they want more and they won't give up the power they have. The other thing is, you aren't going to accept some no name "newb" to run events. You'd rather have some well known leet vet asshole to do it.
                That isn't it at all. I don't want an asshole doing, I want someone that KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING doing it.
                And often, the only people who do know are the ones who have been around a long time. I shouldn't HAVE to tell a ZH how to turn off obscene! You can't put someone in a position of power and have them learn everything they need to know AFTER they've been put there. You can't make a newb a ZH and have him learn from experience, he should know this before he's given the position. You shouldn't have an ER host an event he or she has never played, example: Jacklyn's attempt at pictionary. It's frustrating to the player who has played the event many times, and be told by an ER "I'M HOSTING IT, I'M DOING IT MY WAY!" rather than just taking advice from people who know the game.
                People that don't know how TW even works, should not be running it.

I understand that we aren't paying for this game, but if we are playing for free anyways, why can't we play for free in an environment that isn't being controlled by idiots?
                Last edited by Volcs; 12-30-2004, 03:54 PM.
                Kthx> Does JB Inc pay his child support with pub bux?

Undisputed Pre-Menstral Super-Bitch Internet Kickboxing Champion 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Volcs
                  That isn't it at all. I don't want an asshole doing, I want someone that KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE DOING doing it.
                  And often, the only people who do know are the ones who have been around a long time. I shouldn't HAVE to tell a ZH how to turn off obscene! You can't put someone in a position of power and have them learn everything they need to know AFTER they've been put there. You can't make a newb a ZH and have him learn from experience, he should know this before he's given the position. You shouldn't have an ER host an event he or she has never played, example: Jacklyn's attempt at pictionary. It's frustrating to the player who has played the event many times, and be told by an ER "I'M HOSTING IT, I'M DOING IT MY WAY!" rather than just taking advice from people who know the game.
                  I understand that we aren't paying for this game, but if we are playing for free anyways, why can't we play for free in an environment that isn't being controlled by idiots?
                  i agree, i knew some staffers that got ZH less then 3 months of play ss. all they did is ass kissing & boom ZH. then they got axed from staff for abusing ZH powers.

gg staff
                  Originally posted by Kolar
                  My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                  ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

What I really don't understand, is that there are 30 ERs.. and from 6:00pm to 3:00am my time, two of them are active hosts.
                    WHAT THE FUCK!?
                    If they aren't hosting events enough, being event refs and all, GET RID OF THEM! I don't give ERs any credit for telling a bot !dothis and *arena GO GO GO.
                    If they aren't hosting, they don't want ER, therefore axe them.

Comment

• Alright. Most of you know me, those who dont I am shade <ER>. I am normally, and currently the leader in hostings and in calls. I am here all day long so unlike most of the people (including some staffers) that have posted here I am going by what I have seen.. not hearsay. The only problem I have seen in staff is inactivity from alot of staffers. Even a portion of the staffers you have seen post here to make there complaints.. cant even hit there quota because they feel they dont need to. Before this thread even came out P_L had been planning to take care of this as he told everyone in staff this earlier. Along with the problems with upper staff that qan and rodge have came up with.. sorry guys, you didnt get smod but this is going a bit far eh? As for the claims about P_L appointing staff to only spastic and such, he has brought in 3 people from spastic. And guess what?? They DO make there quota. Other claims from Bling included that we werent hosting enough variety of tournaments and such. Didnt you say in your post I was hosting a javtourny the day you wrote that? But right, even though I host a tournament with Jacklyn 2-3 times a week sometimes.. it is never hosted. I would post my event list up but it wouldnt be able to fit in this post, so dont tell me we dont use variety. So far our staff has functioned properly and done its job except for inactives which do bring the rest of us down. So all your speculating, name calling and recommendations for new upper staff is all complete bs in my opinion. Just do what our Dean of staff was already planning to do in the first place and the problem is solved. Oh and about the training program brought up. We have one, all ZH's have a chat for questions with trainers on it. Along with ER's who not only have manuals but have trainers to fall back on. I was trained by Holybird, CK, and BH. Remember, we arent exactly dieing off with the average's we show of people playing daily in Trench Wars. Obviously we are doing something right since Trench Wars is still the most favoured out of the zones.
                      4:JAMAL> plz learn to spell
                      Exalt> bout to go to a boys party
                      1:Guero> some hot girls got lot hair in their nipples

Comment

• Originally posted by shayde
                        Alright. Most of you know me, those who dont I am shade <ER>. I am normally, and currently the leader in hostings and in calls. I am here all day long so unlike most of the people (including some staffers) that have posted here I am going by what I have seen.. not hearsay. The only problem I have seen in staff is inactivity from alot of staffers. Even a portion of the staffers you have seen post here to make there complaints.. cant even hit there quota because they feel they dont need to. Before this thread even came out P_L had been planning to take care of this as he told everyone in staff this earlier. Along with the problems with upper staff that qan and rodge have came up with.. sorry guys, you didnt get smod but this is going a bit far eh? As for the claims about P_L appointing staff to only spastic and such, he has brought in 3 people from spastic. And guess what?? They DO make there quota. Other claims from Bling included that we werent hosting enough variety of tournaments and such. Didnt you say in your post I was hosting a javtourny the day you wrote that? But right, even though I host a tournament with Jacklyn 2-3 times a week sometimes.. it is never hosted. I would post my event list up but it wouldnt be able to fit in this post, so dont tell me we dont use variety. So far our staff has functioned properly and done its job except for inactives which do bring the rest of us down. So all your speculating, name calling and recommendations for new upper staff is all complete bs in my opinion. Just do what our Dean of staff was already planning to do in the first place and the problem is solved. Oh and about the training program brought up. We have one, all ZH's have a chat for questions with trainers on it. Along with ER's who not only have manuals but have trainers to fall back on. I was trained by Holybird, CK, and BH. Remember, we arent exactly dieing off with the average's we show of people playing daily in Trench Wars. Obviously we are doing something right since Trench Wars is still the most favoured out of the zones.
                        so u are saying that qan & rodge left staff becouse they did not get smod powers? lol u dont believe that yourself.

the only good staff trainer was s4j3n. the only thing why holy maked a "how to train ppl for staff" on papier is to get mod/smod powers.
                        My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit

Comment

• Shades, you lead hosting in numbers, congrats, but what do you host? I'm sure it's a safe bet that everything you host is completely bot operated (aside from you tag-teaming a tournament..).

When was the last time anyone saw Matrix hosted? what about Thorlob? Then there's another game, it's been so long since anyone's hosted it, that I don't even remember what it's called... there were Ghosts, Goblins, Tomatoes, Vampires etc. and it was like zombies, but in a small arena... Help here would be great.. It's probably a good bet that 75% of the ERs don't even know what those arenas are, let alone how to host them.

I even remember when Priitk and Left_eye would take over elim and host a dodgeball with thors..

I think I'm going to cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Volcs
                            Shades, you lead hosting in numbers, congrats, but what do you host? I'm sure it's a safe bet that everything you host is completely bot operated (aside from you tag-teaming a tournament..).

When was the last time anyone saw Matrix hosted? what about Thorlob? Then there's another game, it's been so long since anyone's hosted it, that I don't even remember what it's called... there were Ghosts, Goblins, Tomatoes, Vampires etc. and it was like zombies, but in a small arena... Help here would be great.. It's probably a good bet that 75% of the ERs don't even know what those arenas are, let alone how to host them.

I even remember when Priitk and Left_eye would take over elim and host a dodgeball with thors..

I think I'm going to cry

lol i remember that pusher & strike was doing that to

or thoes big dodgeball events with strike.
                            My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit

Comment

• Please tell me its not about making quota's and running shitty hosted events that make you a good staff member? You can get monkeys to run those things (ohh sorry you already have).

Man, the wound is deep very deep.
                              PicHosting

Comment

• ghoulgames!!!!

Era was the best host for that game it's basically zombies with different ships on a smaller map so it's quicker!

And that's a bitch of a game to host it was better before it got lvz.....
                                There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Working...
                                X