Weasel Nerf'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sarien
    So basically what you're saying is that you're a bunch of hypocrites.
    No i'm saying The uppers will do what's in the best intrest of the zone and in some ways what the players find acceptable. This is one problem, the levis are another mostly delt with problem and shifting focus to it is not helping your case.

Originally posted by Sarien
    I think five times I've suggested this, and each and every time it's been deflected or ignored. What do you suppose I do?
    Doing something about it is not talking on this forum. Doing something about it is talking with people in your own group, making propossals, talking with staff and trying to get their support (that does not include going on about why you think it happened). There are far better things to be doing then this.

I didn't hate staff. Look at each and every single one of my posts and find any single instance where I have went on about how much I hated staff or how they were all wrong? I'll save you a bit of time. There isn't any. But with the runaround this is generating? The self professed hypocritical behavior? I'm beginning to really understand why it is so many people do hate the staff.
    Wasn't entirely meant for you but again if you guys want change you've gotta drop that kind of crap as a group.

No you're not. You're not either one of these, trying to help "us guys" or sorry at all. You're playing it all off until like Pure Hatred suggests people give up fighting the losing battle and just accept it. I could deal with that if were applied to the leviathan as well, but you won't. It's simple, we've stated what we want, the non-draining cloak and stealth, and we don't care if it costs the movement boost we gained, we don't care if it goes back to the old weasel with the rocket, that's what we want. Hell, some of us don't even care if it has to go all the way back to the big sized weasel. And the whole "I'm sorry it has to fit into something besides random spawning" is both insulting and manipulative.
    I'm not going to be sorry because I've done nothing wrong. If you mean I should be sorry for wanting the weasel changed then that's just plain stupid, I dont hate the ship but I want balance in pub. I'm trying to remove the stupidity of such post like "Spawners whined and cried until they killed Weasel" or "TW is gonna die without weasel YO! We need them to killz tha LT.. YO!". I'm trying to put that kind of crap down because it is just down right stupid and i'm asking you to focus on anything but that so we can use forum productively, please you guys and make pubbing fun. Contrary to popular belief about this forum, we can actually convince, respect and finish this without treating each other like fucking shit. I think we can drop this kind of crap, you want to revert to the old settings (to me that's the larger, slower and less powerful weasel). I dont see a problem with that alone but it is detromental to smaller publics without having draining.

I'm gonna go with what's best for the zone Sarien and that means making consessions and accepting things that the masses has decided on. It's simple to understand, I'm trying to help TW and its players including you guys since you feel left out. Now if pleasing you meant damaging TW then i'm not going to support it. got it? If you've made up your mind then fine, step aside and Email the uppers. Most of the point I've address are about the weasel not being able to spawn WBs and levis, by all acounts that seems to be a hot topic with you guys and i'm sorry but none of you seem to want to bring the weasel into basing.

Dropping the drain entirely will not help smaller publics in the end, you can't get past that with any arugment.
    Last edited by Kolar; 03-01-2005, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• douche bag not interested in words of men that speak like politicians and use words as many as women do

douche bag now goes to guerilla tactics :shuriken:
      WE WANT OUR CLOAKS BACK!

hatelist:
      tone (destroyed weasels/is a whiner), BobR (is an asshole), Vitron (tried to tk me), ZeUs!!, Tibro, pandagirl89 (is a dumb lil girl), Golden Sun (called me a "fucktard"), Exotic

disciple: "Overburn" :wub: me!

A.D.A.

anti-deutschpunkrevolte-alliance

Comment

• Originally posted by Pure Hatred
        Yeah, the settings are working well for you and your spawner/LT buddies. Every pub, pure and otherwise, that I've watched in the past two days has been dead as far as basing goes. Yep, settings are working. Uh huh.

The settings are working.
        The settings are working.
        Oh so i guess that means you do not base, you and your cloakers want to sit in the field and make sure everyone else goes and bases. once they go base they get Xed like crazy anyway (on old settings)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarien
          I was fine with the old weasel with the rocket. So were lots of other guys. Again, we could move back in that direction. Cloak and Stealth with no drain, lose the speed increase from the last improvement, keep the rotation and X Radar, but keep the rocket gone.
          IF the weasel is seen as a bit to weak, and thats a real BIG IF...then starting with one rocket might be acceptable and a good idea. maybe they can not always start with a rocket, just like lanc doesnt always have multi, or shark doesnt always have Xradar. in fact shark rarely has X radar. it should probably be more often than shark gets radar, but less than lanc gets multi.

Edit PS: i dont want you people thinking that i think i know whats best.. or that i think they listen to me. i do not think that, its just an idea to throw out.
          Last edited by Tone; 03-02-2005, 05:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kolar

Eeks was talking about ?go base and in general the basing comunity since it has be diluted by newer players. The older players have lost their drive to do all that they can to win.

My opinion had nothing to do with new players or old players. Observe ?go base for a while and you'll see how everyone is just playing for the ratio.
            Originally posted by Diakka
            Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

• douche bag armys first mission was to destroy the enema by destroying its head

tone has now a smashed face

stay online for further reports from the frontline
              who wants to be the next victim bois?
              :fear:
              WE WANT OUR CLOAKS BACK!

hatelist:
              tone (destroyed weasels/is a whiner), BobR (is an asshole), Vitron (tried to tk me), ZeUs!!, Tibro, pandagirl89 (is a dumb lil girl), Golden Sun (called me a "fucktard"), Exotic

A.D.A.

Comment

I dont hate the ship but I want balance in pub.
                Kolar I really have to catch this sentence here. As such a long standing player as you are(and perhaps other war type games) you really do seem to be failing to have seen the balance that had been around since before these new Weasel settings.

Think of Weasels like a lower predator in nature, maybe even a scavenger if you have to. They were never designed, and never were over powered to be the lead attacker. They were made to be population control(you said yourself that the out burst of javs is in direct correlation to the weakening of the weasel), it's just like in nature. If a species or animal grows weaker, it can't control the population as well as it should. Weasels were meant to take down the occassional enemy, taking out a Warbird here, Jav there, maybe a Spider and a Terr or two, but now their job is harder while everyone else's is easier, and that is not good balance, because that's like weakening a lion or hyena and in turn the gazelles and other prey of the newly weakened predators can easily avoid them thus making them completely ineffective.

And for the love of God man... your opinion or not, but Weasels ARE effective for basing, and have always been. It's like having a member of your team draw fire away from you so the rest of you can take the objective. Distract and destroy is a very common tactic in any type of war game. Weasels fit into base by keeping the Terr on its toes, by taking out Warbirds in mid that were pinning your team down, and taking out the Javs firing down the tube. But now that everyone can just glance at radar(no x radar is needed to know a weasel is present) their job has been maimed in the process. Yes it takes more skill, but it makes other ships need less skill to deal with them.

"There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"
                .Halo.

Y'know... if you were any stupider, I swear death by laughter would be a real medical occurance.

Comment

• And for the love of God man... your opinion or not, but Weasels ARE effective for basing, and have always been. It's like having a member of your team draw fire away from you so the rest of you can take the objective. Distract and destroy is a very common tactic in any type of war game. Weasels fit into base by keeping the Terr on its toes, by taking out Warbirds in mid that were pinning your team down, and taking out the Javs firing down the tube. But now that everyone can just glance at radar(no x radar is needed to know a weasel is present) their job has been maimed in the process. Yes it takes more skill, but it makes other ships need less skill to deal with them.
                  if u fly fast u can use cloak (when u are one screen away and u see ur enemy on the radar) then rush to the enemy and kill someone before u have not enuf energy to shoot. but it is harder now coz u are doomed if something unforeseen happens. if you dont kill ur enemy with the first shot u are surely dead. and skilled players that watch the radar know what happens if they see that a blue point just fadded away.
                  ppl that played weasel in the last days and arenot news like tone will understand me perhaps

u can still use weasel but it is just VERY weak now. crippeled. but u can use it.
                  WE WANT OUR CLOAKS BACK!

hatelist:

A.D.A.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpiderMage
                    They were made to be population control
                    because of that i suggest to take away the javs xradar. give it to the lanc. (along with bouncing bullets)

Comment

• Weasels suck, enough said. Stop crying every time staff changes stuff.
                      Erathia> IF YOU SPIDERS CONTINUE CAMPING I WILL BAN YOU AND CALL IT RACISM

SeRtIfi> What's the point of going out with friends everyday just to hang out when I meet them in school and sometimes on weekends anyways, if I can play in SubSpace with them?

Comment

• Originally posted by SpiderMage
                        Kolar I really have to catch this sentence here. As such a long standing player as you are(and perhaps other war type games) you really do seem to be failing to have seen the balance that had been around since before these new Weasel settings.
                        If it was there before the new weasel settings, by removing the effect of the weasel we'll bring that balance back to publics. You have to admit if anything that it was easier to kill under the older settings, now you'll have to use the same methods as every other player of any ship to base or even more basic kill someone. If you love tactics so much there Spidermage then you'll enjoy using the new weasel.

Originally posted by SpiderMage
                        Think of Weasels like a lower predator in nature, maybe even a scavenger if you have to. They were never designed, and never were over powered to be the lead attacker. They were made to be population control(you said yourself that the out burst of javs is in direct correlation to the weakening of the weasel), it's just like in nature.
                        That, if anything, does not seem to be its function as a basing ship. Population control is not spawning, population control does not make sense when the only ships that it might bring more public players to play, has X-Radar!. The outburst of javs is a long standing problem with any of the 3 settings and even though the last ones did bring more players to use it, they never helped the situation.

Whatever the weasel is eventually used for it will be balanced with basing in publics. I don't believe you or anyone else on this thread has the ability to fairly judge it or judge publics and from the kind of responces to basic war tactics which mean almost nothing in this game when you've got static settings with player ability. In war you have people and machines. If I know that that 30 or so platoon over there can do this much damage then i'm not going to attack or make an offensive attack at X. When we have static abilities in this game it comes down to player skill, knowledge and ability and if you don't see that as something needed for all ships to be balanced, next to having the settings balanced against the other ships, then you've missed the entire point about what Trench Wars is.

Just a side note, anymore personal attacks and you guys will lose your chance to talk about making the weasel better. I will get a mod to close this shit, We've wasted enough bandwidth already on insulting me for having an vaild opinion, posting crap about how you hate staff, long..long posts about how spawners and whiners got the weasel changed and generally adding ridiculous scenarios about the Weasel. Post what you want within the rules but direct more of this shit at me and this thread will be gone. Group think is not something that helps this zone or this forum and it certainly is not helping your argument.
                        Last edited by Kolar; 03-02-2005, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Just a side note, anymore personal attacks and you guys will lose your chance to talk about making the weasel better. I will get a mod to close this shit,

Post what you want within the rules but direct more of this shit at me and this thread will be gone.
                          Heavens no, not that. Anything but that. After all, I wouldn't want to lose my chance at you ignoring every goddamned word said to you so that you can reply with "Cloaking is lame killing" and "We'll do anything to fix pubs (except fix the lev, because we're hypocrites)".

Do your worst.

However, anybody else, with any juice to consider or take changes that isn't going to give the same runaround over and over, ignore shit, and be generally manipulative, it would be nice to hear from.
                          Last edited by Sarien; 03-02-2005, 03:57 PM.
                          "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

• "I saw him play Pub for 2 mins as a Spider, lol wtf would he know"

Shit like that is counter productive. You guys can post anything you want under the rules but coop outs "Alright I give up, i'm not going to even listen your your opinion and I still hate you" is not fucking talking about this topic. If you or anyone else can't have enough respect to read, disagree and use this forum for real then you don't deserve to use it. If I've already said something like a Weasel is not a good levi terrier hunters, then use a fucking procedure for responding, not restating your opinion with new fucking words. What you're trying to do is convince me and an entire zone so use some fucking class. Also on this topic (3 pages back) we've already disscuessed why it happened so this is it folks, dont drag it back up.

Upper Staff will always do what they believe to be in the best intentions of the zone and its players. If you're questioning that then you're a tool.

We're not going to agree on tactics or ship fuctions so lets drop it. If a weasel could kill a jav, a levi terrier or anything else you've tagged it as 'doing well' then fine. I can't see it doing it very well or effective enough to impact TW that much at all. With the small number of players not laming in Mid or spawning, I believe this also counts against the idea that it would be used as a population controller or would have a great impact on the zone.

I've never said claoking is lame killing; here are the major points that I've addressed here:

-Being permanentally cloaked is not something that contributes to the stablity of the entire public system (and I've offered some changes to the draining energy issue).
                            -The use of the previous claoker settings was related to the abnormal number of javs because of the X-Radar ability and the lack of basing function and because of the annoying and overpowered use of the previous settings.

The Levi is a different issue and I believe it does not overly effect basing. If the use of the weasel (the last settings) was as larged and liked by the public players then i'm sure it would not have been changed. This is a case of popularity and what the masses want and i'm sorry but you don't have that for the weasel, or you're not trying hard enough with what you have.

ignore shit, and be generally manipulative
                            Well that's offensive. I'm giving my opinion here Sarien. You can disagree with me until the end of time but personal attacks are boring as shit and it does not help your issue with the current weasel settings.

This thread is for posting ideas about changing the weasel because one of the smallest and unorganized groups in TW history dislikes the new settings. There's a difference between whining about why, how and who changed it, the older use/arguing over experience when it comes to public playing-and disscussing new settings, giving your opinion on why the current ones do not contribute to publics (with good reason) and how new settings would effect publics. Start posting them because you're doing a bad job convincing me that the new settings are bad in anyway.
                            Last edited by Kolar; 03-02-2005, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• there, ill give u a reason. the new cloaker is boring and it is not good for anything. the only thing it can do is slip trough a fr hole and suicide on a random ship. if you would shoot trough that hole with a jav you would have killed more. the cloak isnt even needed, even less since it drains energy. this is the main use of this ship, it has no actual functionality anymore. is is more a tiny wb than a tiny cloaker. ppl just play it because its too easy to get a kill or two with every death. and they dont have to go trough the main entrance anymore, so basically you cant defend base against it, it wasnt a good idea to make it small in the first place. oh well...

decrease its speed and rotation, take away multifire and bullet duration+speed, lower its recharge and give it a rocket (and repel) while leaving it tiny, make it the assassin it used to be. make this ship suck in open space and dogfights. but give it the ability to kill the terr. give it a purpose. make it have to plan the only shot it probably gets. as it is now, a weasel can enter the flagroom and spray two shots, gaining two kills. like wtf. the energy draining stealth is not the problem here, its the overall concept of this new weasel.

Comment

• I like your ideas Fluffz. I think it could still go without a rocket but a repel would be nice if it was slower. I agree that specificially the cloaking and stealth ability wasn't the problem yet on the entire public system it was making things unstable.

Comment

Working...
                                X