Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pub 0 - Whatever people want to do
    Pub 1 - Pure public

Leave it as that, if TW dies then let it die.. the only thing that can increase the rate at which TW dies is staff messing around with the zone.

Comment

Why not make all pubs pure? There seems little support for leviathans left in TW. Might as well kill it. pub is the only arena you can play leviathan, basers already have ?go base and ?go #distension. how many more arenas do you want?
      Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
      Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Heres what happen... Weather you'll admit it or not.

Basergafs: Onoez, people are not basing! Lets take levis out of pub to make it more like ?go base!
        Everyone else: WTF?!
        Basergafs: Onoez, people are still not basing, or playing trenchwars now! Obviously we made a mistake taking out the lev since pub is the only place you can play it. Lets remove the pure pubs!
        Everyone else: W00t!
        Basergafs: OMG A LEV KILLED ME WHILE I WAS CRAMMING IN TEH PUB!

Honestly. Pub is not basing. You don't see duelers trying to hold matches at the bottom safe. They go to wbduel. If you would like to base please ?go base. Pub is for learning how to play. Back when TW wasn't dying, pub didn't have a purpose, you just played, and took the flag if you FELT like it. Then when you got more advanced you either joined a basing squad or a dueling squad and figured it out from there.

Bring back old pubs. Stop your bitching.
        -Bubbles
        Phillie> lag isnt skill btw F-35
        Kthx> yes it is, newbie.

Comment

Pub is for learning how to play. Back when TW wasn't dying, pub didn't have a purpose, you just played, and took the flag if you FELT like it. Then when you got more advanced you either joined a basing squad or a dueling squad and figured it out from there.

This isnt "back then," pub along with how players want to play has changed. Besides, if you look at the transcript everyone agreed with having levs, but ALSO including the timer. Best of both worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbles19518 View Post
            Heres what happen... Weather you'll admit it or not.

Basergafs: Onoez, people are not basing! Lets take levis out of pub to make it more like ?go base!
            Everyone else: WTF?!
            Basergafs: Onoez, people are still not basing, or playing trenchwars now! Obviously we made a mistake taking out the lev since pub is the only place you can play it. Lets remove the pure pubs!
            Everyone else: W00t!
            Basergafs: OMG A LEV KILLED ME WHILE I WAS CRAMMING IN TEH PUB!

Honestly. Pub is not basing. You don't see duelers trying to hold matches at the bottom safe. They go to wbduel. If you would like to base please ?go base. Pub is for learning how to play. Back when TW wasn't dying, pub didn't have a purpose, you just played, and took the flag if you FELT like it. Then when you got more advanced you either joined a basing squad or a dueling squad and figured it out from there.

after reading this, i kinda agree. bring back the old style pubs in all their 'glory' and maybe more people will ?go elim again and get a boost in league type popularity again. or people will join, get shitfucked a couple times, never see the point of the game, and quit immediately.

there are up sides to pure pub and down sides. i think it has helped a bit to kill the popularity of the elims/dueling in general. but i think it also has kept some newbs here because they see a goal to the game immediately. just that once they do this, they like it and never expand through the rest of the zone.

edit:

Originally posted by MirrorriM View Post
            This isnt "back then," pub along with how players want to play has changed. Besides, if you look at the transcript everyone agreed with having levs, but ALSO including the timer. Best of both worlds.
            if levis were in pubs with timers, it might be ok as long as there were no private frequencies. that would prevent me from hopping onto their freq to tk them to oblivion

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Axe moot? YES or NO
              Entire Pub> YES!!
              TWBot1> I'm hungry
              Bounty <ZH> - I just went from 3 to 39 bounty in one shot
              Dr. Snyder - Why'd you attack the world trade center?

DaKo is out. 0 wins 10 losses

Comment

Dr. Snyder we're all just trying to do what we think is best. Now obviously finding a middle ground between Basing and Levi-Terriers is going to take a little more effort. Complaining for or against either side doesn't help the situation. Leaving one pure public up appears to be the best solution for now until some other updates can be made.

Comment

pure pubs are good for basers, but bad for players that like to duel

so heres my point, mootland farmer is probably one of the worst wbs in the game, he only bases and thats fine, but he only knows basing, he doesnt know what its like to be good in a wb, and quite frankly wb is pretty useless in a basing game, you maybe have 1 and thats it, spiders tear them up

pure pub basicly eliminated any reason for people to learn wb when they think the game is about basing to begin with. Why would a newbie want to learn how to play twjd or twdd when they can more easily learn basing in public and just play twbd?

if you really want to kill this game keep forcing the newbies to base in pure pubs. Basing was never as popular as wb and javs for a reason you know

couple seasons ago you couldnt find 12 decent basing squads for twl, they knew their game was dieing and they knew they were terrible at the other ships, so they wanted to quit if nothing changed. Well you changed the foundation of the game with public, and now no one wants to play wb or jav anymore, which is what the majority of the population enjoyed in the first place

keep on killing the game with your pure public

and to all you vets who say "public is fun now" stfu, none of you play public and if you do its for like 5 minutes at most, till .?go base starts up again, so i dont wanna hear about you playing public because its not true
                  RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                    and quite frankly wb is pretty useless in a basing game,
                    Tell Fire Phoenix that.

Comment

I never thought I'd say this but... damn nice points
                      Bounty <ZH> - I just went from 3 to 39 bounty in one shot
                      Dr. Snyder - Why'd you attack the world trade center?

DaKo is out. 0 wins 10 losses

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Snyder View Post
                        SO is THE K.K.K AMONG DUMB WHITE PEOPLE

go ahead moot, why don't you Ban me for believing in the wrong god?

FUking useless POS, you belong in a zoo tied to a fence so someone can beat you with a linked chain until ur too weak to get up.
                        Wow... uh... wow.
                        Originally posted by Ward
                        OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

so heres my point, mootland farmer is probably one of the worst wbs in the game, he only bases and thats fine, but he only knows basing, he doesnt know what its like to be good in a wb, and quite frankly wb is pretty useless in a basing game, you maybe have 1 and thats it, spiders tear them up

pure pub basicly eliminated any reason for people to learn wb when they think the game is about basing to begin with. Why would a newbie want to learn how to play twjd or twdd when they can more easily learn basing in public and just play twbd?

if you really want to kill this game keep forcing the newbies to base in pure pubs. Basing was never as popular as wb and javs for a reason you know

couple seasons ago you couldnt find 12 decent basing squads for twl, they knew their game was dieing and they knew they were terrible at the other ships, so they wanted to quit if nothing changed. Well you changed the foundation of the game with public, and now no one wants to play wb or jav anymore, which is what the majority of the population enjoyed in the first place

keep on killing the game with your pure public

and to all you vets who say "public is fun now" stfu, none of you play public and if you do its for like 5 minutes at most, till .?go base starts up again, so i dont wanna hear about you playing public because its not true
                          The only way I see fixing the problem in your first point is having elim be the auto-entrance. If wbs and javs were so much more popular in the past, how did they get that way? There was still pubs, with a flag and a base.

Second point about no basing squads around because "they knew their game was dying..." is not a valid reason for why there were no basing squads. Can we use the same logic for why so many TWLD and TWLJ squads have dropped out of TWL? Is it because they know "their game was dying and they cant play other ships?" Now basing squads are more popular.

You say that is because we changed the foundation with pure pub. If the foundation sucked, then more people would still be playing javs and wbs. We cant "force" something to be popular. Times change, likes/dislikes change.

I still dont mind levs in pub as long as there is a timer.

Comment

Uh...dueling and javing are still more popular than basing in TWD/TWL, they have a larger base of players, just check the ladders out some time...
                            help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
                            MegamanEXE> Chao
                            MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
                            (Sefarius)> ....
                            (Hate The Fake)> LOL
                            MegamanEXE> You are sick
                            MegamanEXE> Good day

Comment

I'm breaking down what he said, unless youre also responding to him.

Comment

pure pubs are not the reason that this game is loosing population . . .

that is competition from newer online games with better graphics etc ...

if pure publics where removed and the levi left unaltered i'd stop playing pub, i can't be bothered going back to lt's ruining the game.

i'd still be in favour of more experiments with the lev , an LT is ridiculously overpowered, i don't see how anyone can argue that

you could try improved speed and turning rate but L2 bombs and still the slowest ship etc etc
                                In my world,
                                I am King

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X