X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PH View Post
    the_paul gets banned
    and here we are getting butthurt over the resolution somebody's using in a twd match that won't mean anything in a few days

yeah this picture is just slightly out of focus
    ``
    can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by Mango. View Post
      Sorry, but you have to be the dumbest motherfucker on these forums if you believe the complete bullshit that PL spits out.

Seriously, why would you defend this completely corrupt bastard? From what ive seen he completely abused his power unbanning delectable. Then he goes ahead and makes him staff later? This guy is a terrible leader. Then for some reason you idiots expect him not to get criticized? It doesn't matter how much money and time hes put into this zone, he shouldnt be in charge if he doesnt know how to handle his power responsibly.
      +1
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
        I'm hardly on my high horse, he got caught out and we have faggots like you sticking up for him. Because he does a donation to the server doesn't give him the right to have an unfair advantage against other people.
        You're correct. As he said, he accidentally gave himself an unfair advantage.
        Lets just say a twld final was happening and the score was 49-49, round 3 and P_L entered the arena but not as a spectator and accidently entered the game and landed on the shot which was going to hit player A. But then player A rushes player B and wins the game. Would be like oh well it was a mistake? He's a sys op and he needs to set an example.
        Thanks to this new development by Arobas +, it won't happen any further; although it seems as if resolution limits are gradually being raised and will soon cease to exist.
        Recruiting delectable <ER> to staff without him filling out a staff application form and not speaking with the deans about recruiting him and now this. We continue on writing threads of why this game is dying, if you look at the stats the game has gone down hill since P_L was dean. Some of his decisions have crippled this zone, one being removing <ZH>'s from the game. New players log on and don't get the help they need.
        This is irrelevant to this topic and a bunch of hearsay. Where is your evidence? There have been plenty of questionable hirings under the new deans and delectable is one of my lesser of my concerns. I have a feeling this is more so you crying about continually applying to staff and being denied due to your past transgressions, while dele's transgressions were ignored. Please keep on topic though, you have no proof.
        Well i'm not logging back into the game aslong as a sys op is abusing like he has.
        p.s. People say we can't do anything to P_L, but we could do a petition to the SS council to get his powers stripped from him, just a thought.
        As far as I am concerned, you will not be missed. With your selfish attitude that bogs staff down with continuous cheater calls, the game may get a little closer to being purified.

To deal with some other comments that have been made:
        "OMG IF HE ABUSES HERE THERE IS NO TELLING THE DEPTH OF THE ABUSE"

A typical tactic used in the media. Find one offense and claim complete corruption. It makes for good hyperbole. However, the majority of players who have posted in this thread have never been in staff or gotten high enough in staff to see all of the preventative measures we have in place to prevent cheating and abuse (particularly in any arena with a bot in it). PL is as equally susceptible to being caught by these measures as any other staffer is. So prizing and illegal commands have not occurred or else we would know.

As for your motion to petition the SS council, it is an idiotic motion. Let's see you, or anyone for that matter, make up for the funding loss, the organizational loss, and the knowledge loss the would be dealt to one of only 2 majorly populated zones remaining in this game. This zone would go under as far as I am concerned. As much as you may despise him, PL has paid for and organized for our entertainment and friendships for well over 5 years. That said, you are going to try and crucify him over a minor accidental offense that will probably be irrelevant quite soon? This is not about him as a sysop in the slightest, nor is it about a case of abuse for you vys. This is about your personal vendetta against the man. Take that somewhere else or just quit like you said you were going to; either way I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to.

As for burnt, thank you for bringing this to our attention, and thank you to arboas+ for giving us another preventative measure. This will be dealt with in a manner equitable with the level of offense it is deemed.
        TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
        TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
        Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
        - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
        Originally posted by kthx
        Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

I love all the "accidental" words going on in this thread. Don't worry about it, he just did this multiple times over multiple games over multiple days after supposed multiple bds, but it was an accident, every time it was an accident.

And ph thanks for giving everyone the green light to start cheating. If nothing ever happens to cheaters (besides the occasional lifeban that gets lifted after a few months) then why don't we all just start cheating.

Edit: I'm not saying you need to start screwing with p_l or trying to remove him from sysop or w/e, but start holding people accountable for their actions. Get some transparency and honest government to make us feel better, even if you don't actually follow through with it.
          http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2561/rasaq.png

--|-- Question: What is the average male penis size in humans? (erect in inches)

--|-- Ease got the correct answer, '5.3 inches', in 6.379 sec. and is tied for the lead with 2 pts.

Comment

Originally posted by saetep View Post
            I love all the "accidental" words going on in this thread. Don't worry about it, he just did this multiple times over multiple games over multiple days after supposed multiple bds, but it was an accident, every time it was an accident.

And ph thanks for giving everyone the green light to start cheating. If nothing ever happens to cheaters (besides the occasional lifeban that gets lifted after a few months) then why don't we all just start cheating.

Edit: I'm not saying you need to start screwing with p_l or trying to remove him from sysop or w/e, but start holding people accountable for their actions. Get some transparency and honest government to make us feel better, even if you don't actually follow through with it.
            Something that I know with 100% certainty that ph agrees with me on is that banning protocol is horribly awry in staff. It is really really hard to get someone banned (from a lower-mid staffer's perspective) for lag issues/suspecting of tampering or cheating. Now I am not saying that we should go ban crazy as staffers, but there should be means to put someone in spec in a timely manner at the very least. Ph and I both know what the information of someone who is cheating looks like, but often that is not enough to meet the standards necessary to ban someone or really do anything else. I understand why the rigid standards of proof are in place (some staffers are morons and with this much authority corruption will become widespread), but we should work on alternative measures. (this is one thing that we will hopefully have for this TWL)

As for you claiming it isn't accidental. Please prove it. I am taking PL's word because I have nothing better to go on and he has proved to be an honest and honorable enough man to keep this game alive this long, so why would he start lying now?

G'day,
            Humid

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

- John F. Kennedy

Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

I personally don't give a shit about this most recent res issue. I just added it to the shit pile of accusations against him. I personally have never seen any shady acts from PL, but have heard of many. I have been on his good side, when I probably could have gotten away with murder (when i was on spastic), and his bad side (ever since). From my perspective, when the majority of players think there is a problem, there is probably a problem. I do believe this zone would be better off with somebody else filling the role of sysop, and not because I like or dislike him, but because pretty much because everybody dislikes him outside of his "clique" of Alf/Value/Stray buddies. He is not the only one capable of running this zone. His knowledge of the game is not unique, as I can name 5-6 current staff members that I believe would be well suited for the job. He is also not the only one able to cover the finances required to keep this game running. I could easily cover that, and gladly would, had I not felt that a bunch of assholes would be in charge of the way it was spent. The community as a whole would also keep this game running if they were given no other choice, at least for a short time.

Comment

Pure_Luck isn't the problem, Ara banning people to cover up for incompetent staffers he hired IE Southergirl <ER> is the problem. I mean the latter is much worse than the previous if you ask me.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
                  He is not the only one capable of running this zone. His knowledge of the game is not unique, as I can name 5-6 current staff members that I believe would be well suited for the job. He is also not the only one able to cover the finances required to keep this game running. I could easily cover that, and gladly would, had I not felt that a bunch of assholes would be in charge of the way it was spent. The community as a whole would also keep this game running if they were given no other choice, at least for a short time.
                  Name the staffers.

What right do you have to contribute anything to this discussion if you don't contribute to the zone? In fact, you're committing mortal sin against the zone. You have the means and see the good, and still choose the bad.

As for this game being run by cliques....you missed the clique that dominates staff today: Spastic. I run TWDT and am 2nd in charge of TWL, PH runs TWL, and stab runs TWD. However, maybe your considerations of cliques are ill founded. Do you know why PL likes the 3 of us so much? It's not just because we sat around a few nights drinking and making jokes; its because we know what we are doing and (here's the key part) actually do work. Most of staff is under-performing and asking for more responsibilities when they don't even do their job as is. The 3 of us do our job and do it well, and if your only criticism is that we are all friends, then I am not going to pay you to be my lawyer or do my taxes.

Your faith in the community to run the game without a competent staff is ill-founded in my opinion. The one criticism I would file against the current order of things is that there are very few people who keep this game afloat. Pure_luck is one of the primaries. If you remove his sysop, he will quite likely wash his hands of this game. If he quits, then stab and I will likely follow coupled with a few other major staffers. There is not enough people or life left in this game to rebuild. Adjusting what you have is fine, but that takes motivated and knowledgeable people. An abundance of which, we do not have.

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                    Name the staffers.

What right do you have to contribute anything to this discussion if you don't contribute to the zone? In fact, you're committing mortal sin against the zone. You have the means and see the good, and still choose the bad.
                    Witness, M_M God, Weaver (Inactive I know), Jacklyn, AROBAS, beasty...And I could go on and on with people that aren't even on staff. No, I'm not talking about myself either. I tried to contribute to the zone, I went against my better judgment and applied for staff, even though I can't stand most of you, and despite having more Yes votes than No, my app still got removed because I am generally not liked by the powers that be. I offered my knowledge, and said I would curb my ego for the betterment of the zone, and got denied. Not much I can do about that. I stick to my guns, I do think a lot of things need to change. Spread the responsibility around.

Think back to when pretty much everyone wanted to be on Paladen. Paladen ran this zone and most of the good staffers were on Paladen. Now that Spastic/Devine/Alf runs the zone, I don't see people dying to join except the same core of people that follow each other everywhere like lost puppies. In fact, Ive had the priviledge of squadding with several staff members over the past few years, and every single one of them (no exaggeration) hates the way things are run. Difference is I have the balls to say it out loud.

Comment

hey vys, stop emoing out and play twdt... i already traded for u
                      Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard Fuel View Post
                        Witness, M_M God, Weaver (Inactive I know), Jacklyn, AROBAS, beasty...And I could go on and on with people that aren't even on staff. No, I'm not talking about myself either. I tried to contribute to the zone, I went against my better judgment and applied for staff, even though I can't stand most of you, and despite having more Yes votes than No, my app still got removed because I am generally not liked by the powers that be. I offered my knowledge, and said I would curb my ego for the betterment of the zone, and got denied. Not much I can do about that. I stick to my guns, I do think a lot of things need to change. Spread the responsibility around.
                        I mean no offense to any of my fellow staffers that you listed, but I feel that none of them are capable of taking over the position that PL holds. If you want reasons, then ask me personally; I do not want to publicly cite what I personally feel are their short comings.

As for your application to staff, you don't need to be staff to help this game. I ran the 2nd season of TWDT without even being staff. Also, there are always open donation mr. deep pockets.

Think back to when pretty much everyone wanted to be on Paladen. Paladen ran this zone and most of the good staffers were on Paladen. Now that Spastic/Devine/Alf runs the zone, I don't see people dying to join except the same core of people that follow each other everywhere like lost puppies. In fact, Ive had the priviledge of squadding with several staff members over the past few years, and every single one of them (no exaggeration) hates the way things are run. Difference is I have the balls to say it out loud.
                        Let's just estimate this since I don't know the #'s 100%. When YOMAMA!!! and KJW were deans is the time that I believe you are referring to. Let's just take a shot in the dark and say that was from about 2001/2 - 2004ish. At that time this game was 3-5 years old and we had nearly triple our constantly active population. Now we have a much smaller player base, the majority of which are long standing players not new players. That is 6-9 more years of grudges being founded and 6-9 more years of people cycling in and out of staff. We are drawing staffers from a thin amount of the population that aren't known cheaters. I am sure you and everyone else in this game has a list of people they hate/won't squad with. Yeah well that list gets intensified on staff.

So to summarize:
                        - Game was young, people hated eachother less
                        - More people, less cheaters = more staffers able to recruit
                        - Less people had been staff, and thus more wanted to be staff

Now those factors aside, I will concede that I am not a fan of major parts of how staff are run. We have cycled through something like 14 deans in 3 yrs, most of which have been highly ineffective compared to YOMAMA!!! and KJW, however I don't see that as PL's fault. He hasn't necessarily had the best candidates; and when he did they would always quit or go inactive. Some people just aren't into service positions. We work our asses off for your pleasure and enjoyment, nothing else.

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

Originally posted by Summa View Post
                          As for you claiming it isn't accidental. Please prove it. I am taking PL's word because I have nothing better to go on and he has proved to be an honest and honorable enough man to keep this game alive this long, so why would he start lying now?

G'day,
                          Humid
                          Look, no one's on trial here. If anyone is, it would be p_l. He has to prove it was an accident to convince the people that think he's abusing his powers, I don't have to prove it was on purpose. I'm just saying its HIGHLY unlikely that he "accidentally forgot" to change reso multiple games over multiple days.
                          http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/2561/rasaq.png

--|-- Question: What is the average male penis size in humans? (erect in inches)

--|-- Ease got the correct answer, '5.3 inches', in 6.379 sec. and is tied for the lead with 2 pts.

Comment

Humid for Dean!

Comment

pl doesnt have to prove anything on this issue aside fromt he fact that it wont happen again.

aside from that it happened a couple times now. it has been brought to his attention. he wont do it anymore. ta-daaa

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

you've ppl with a grudge vs pure luck over reacting
                                you've too many staffers suckling on his balls over protecting him

i would have liked at least some staffers to go "yeah , playing on a higher res than others with sysop powers isn't on, pay more attention in future P_L "

p.s.
                                whats wrong with whilst ?
                                In my world,
                                I am King

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X