No announcement yet.

New pub system (TW-Pub1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well getting streaks is fun breaking streaks is even more fun, and there is nothing wrong with dueling under the base, even though I still think that the problem with pub was that people were FORCED to base I still think basing should be the number one priority in pub. So how about, double rewards for streaks gained in the FR, leaving the FR cancels the 2x bonus.
    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop
      i really dont like where TW is going ...

quite frankly stop dicking around with pointless money systems and restore the old pub map. Dev like to tinker and change things thats what they do but right now the map has been changed with little to no info for players on wtf is going on , they are beta testing silly systems and i cant be bothered to play pub.

if Dev truely listened they would have ditched the money system and work on the jav tk system that was briefly talked about after the last money system.

when i said about the old map in pub others agreed, yet staff seem to tell me all they have recieved is positive feed back ... all i seem to do right now is whine at staff but it's frustrating as they seem to be panicking due to the falling population and now think it's ok to change everything randomly and recreate pub in their own image.
      PD, i've hardly any any negative feedback on the new system. i'd say i've gotten about 95% feedback. i also think the money system is encouraging more players who only play elims and twd to come back and have some fun in pub. and in terms of this being "beta" testing. the bot has been being tested over the last month or two and we've been having hosted in tests in ?go pubtest before it was actually implemented in pub. so i wouldn't consider this beta testing. sure, the bot is still crashing occassionally as new bugs arise but that's how any new system works, we can't expect to test it and find every single bug before implementing it in to pub, especially with how extensive the bot is.

Originally posted by Kthx
      I was playing the other day and the one problem I had with this new system was the fact that streaks and other stuff like that really discouraged the basing, there were just a lot of people flying under the base going for kill streaks.

Maybe make streaks only work in mid base and FR.
      best solution would be to only allow streak kills to count for your streak if they are in the base. could also make it that you only get $ for kills inside the base. dunno how accurate the bot is in determine what is "in base" or not though..
      Gun remembers.

Comment

constantly checking position data on every player in pub to determine if they are "in base" is only going to make the lag worse, isn't it?

i do agree that something needs to be done about streaks and we need to discourage all of the wbs fighting in spawn.

crazy idea, but could we have the bot automatically warp players into mid after x amount of time? you'd get a warning pm like you do in belim saying, "You have 30 seconds to get your ass in base, bub!" and then if you don't get out of spawn, you're warped into mid.

if wbs wanna fight, they can !challenge.
        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Thats taking it a step too far Jason, nobody would be down for that.

Forced basing is what we want to avoid, but we want to make basing the centerfold of the public arena and give people a reason to want to get more money at a faster rate if they are basing. The Nuke was a great idea for that.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

yeah figured it was too crazy

but i'm telling you, i bet checking position data will only make the lag worse

i guess aro would have to weigh in to be sure, though
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arobas+ View Post
              What is the jav tk system you are talking about? Sounds like something simple and could be implemented easily.
              http://forums.trenchwars.org/showthr...-period./page2

it kinda started on page1 but most of the ideas on page2 - if it is to be implemented i could spend more time on ideas that would make a workable system .

I don't think we panic, we are just trying to bring new idea on the table. Anything falling needs to be adjusted. I would say aging instead of falling. As for the map, the majority loves it. How it's that bad? Try out !tileset boki or !tileset monolith
              that is debatable, the game population isn't falling due to a map that hasn't been changed in 10 years but becuase of other factors, changeing maps and systems can alienate the players who liked it the way it was and the reason they played for so many years. the ones that crave new things and constant change most likely moved on years ago, who exactly is the demographic we are trying to appeal to here ?

The map has changed since like 1 month, nothing new here. Also, the bot has been tested in TW Dev since 2 months. Bugs left are minor if there is even a bug found. Also, me, diakka and flared are on mostly 24/24 and spec in pub to help players with problem. We are still tweaking it if we see that players dislike something. I have sent a few PM to vets playing and I got 0 negative comment about it. The only problem at this moment is the lag issue that we are trying to fix.
              and i seen no green zoners telling me it's a permanent change a novelty map or a test etc etc, i even did a ?help call to ask what was going on and found out more from diakka , but why not just arena that info as an entrance msg :/

Originally posted by flared
              PD, i've hardly any any negative feedback on the new system. i'd say i've gotten about 95% feedback. i also think the money system is encouraging more players who only play elims and twd to come back and have some fun in pub. and in terms of this being "beta" testing. the bot has been being tested over the last month or two and we've been having hosted in tests in ?go pubtest before it was actually implemented in pub. so i wouldn't consider this beta testing. sure, the bot is still crashing occassionally as new bugs arise but that's how any new system works, we can't expect to test it and find every single bug before implementing it in to pub, especially with how extensive the bot is.
              then perhaps you aren't probing for the right feedback - when i worded mine "i miss the old map " about 5 other pubers chipped in and agreed 0 disagreed. if i had said "wow this is an awesome map" probably the same amount would agreed too but diff ppl ... now as an extension of that on my chats which have thined considerably with time but only voices i hear don't really like the changes and what it's done to the feel of pub.

fact is you guys are trying to do what you think is best, your also emotionaly evolved due to that. jumping at "beta testing" when you say this has been tested for months - well i'm sorry the increased lag for myself is unacceptable and not only that, the last money test this one is a fix on, most definatly was a beta test - but it's notthe small bugs its the fact that over tinkering with a game in decline can exasperate it's problems rather than save it. There is no need for any money system - the bots could be improved for sure but more stats, anti-tk angle than rewarding those playing longer. lets not overly focus on novelty issues but what made the game successful - the heart of that isn't the ?buy system but a simple balanced game with very limited ship settings.

i'd love more players, but i'd also like to be able to enjoy the twilight years with a base i know like the back of my hand as i've learnt it over many years. There is a nice familar continuity that even a brand new puber can get the feel of the map and then go spec the TWLB final with knowledge that this is their map too.

this isn't all nostalgia when there is less players off peak times the base is too large and clunky and i dont like it, yeah it fits more ppl better but in reality for most of the off peak the old map with no cap would work grand. - hope that answers you too kthx

p.s. definitely remove the zoners, *arenas are fine but zoners ? i dont give a shit if x is duelling y in pub for $$$ if i'm in a diff arena ... really
              In my world,
              I am King

sigpic

Comment

anti jav tk system was one of the better ideas for sure, theres still far too many idiots in jav...
                for aro: simply lock ships 2 and 4 until the player pays $x and unlock it for x time

i like the zoners about duels for large sums of money, it has actually gotten me to come out of a private arena to watch

interesting, every time someone brings up the old pub map, everyone else likes the new map
                numerically last time it was old pub 1 - 7 new pub

also why are we even considering the opinion of someone who hasnt played the new pub and only gets their information from zoners, the entrance message, and diakka
                The above text is a personal opinion of an individual and is not representative of the statements or opinions of Trench Wars or Trench Wars staff.

SSCJ Distension Owner
                SSCU Trench Wars Developer

Last edited by Shaddowknight; Today at 05:49 AM. Reason: Much racism. So hate. Such ban. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by roxxkatt View Post
                  anti jav tk system was one of the better ideas for sure, theres still far too many idiots in jav...
                  for aro: simply lock ships 2 and 4 until the player pays $x and unlock it for x time

Never going to fucking happen, jav is a twd ship in twbd and in twjd.
                  Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

jav doesn't need to be locked out from the get go, but i do agree that an anti-tk system should be in place whereby if you tk enough, you get locked out for a period of time.
                    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

locking ships was the most retarded idea ever, it's like one step closer to distension.

now, here's a few suggestions:

1. all time best streaks list. basically a list for top 5 / 10 best streaks ever in public. if you make it to this list, you get an extra $1000 to spend.

2. x-radar capability to warbird after it reaches 50 bty. has to be bought with !buy feature. this is basically for those warbirds that want to do some good streaks and don't want to be lamed by a weasel.

3. .. had some great idea here, but forgot what it was. distracted by twl.

4. bigger dueling box, current one is just a bit too small to have a good duel in it.

5. javelin duel box! :fear:

6. !sex command. just because.. just because..

7. !buy xradar, it's missing still.

8. had another great idea here, but forgot what it was. arobas probably knows, i told him like 300 pro ideas drunkenly.

Comment

My 2 Cents

I'll start with the good things I've noticed... I'm glad that we can do pvt frequencies. Having 3+ teams fighting for flag for long periods of time was pretty exciting. I got to play some of the best pub basing Ive seen in a long time yesterday. However, I think far too much emphasis is being placed on streaks. Aside from the 2 good rounds of really good basing yesterday, pretty much the entire night consisted of an arena full of camping warbirds spawning each other. Though this is way better than all the camping javs tk'ing each other, its a whole new kind of annoying. Also in regards to streaks, Player A gets $10 for getting a streak of 10, yet Player B gets $100 for ending it which I think is backwards. If player A gets a streak of anything over 20 or so, he can !buy a burst and still make a profit off of every kill and just keep buying bursts. I would suggest limiting those to 3 per life as well. All in all I like the new look, just need to come up with a way to emphasize the basing part more than streaks.

In closing, I signed on today and had 14 ?messages of people asking me how I nuked the base in FieryFire's youtube video. That was the most desirable item on that list, where did it go?

Comment

Originally posted by Turban View Post

4. bigger dueling box, current one is just a bit too small to have a good duel in it.

5. javelin duel box! :fear:
                          ?go duel
                          SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                          SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                          Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                          Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                          1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                          1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

Originally posted by Barton View Post
                            ?go duel
                            Could say the same for wbs then...
                            Major Crisis

Comment

javelin duel box yess
                              2:Sauro> dp i placed 4th today at yugoh tournament
                              Sauro> i traded e tele for 2 dark bribes and a primy today dp

2:Sauro> IM REARRAGNGING MYD ECK WTF
                              Go go go!

Sauro> DARK MAGICIAN GIRL SHOWS CLEAVAGE OK
                              Sauro> my fav card

1:Mootland Farmer> Duel, want to stfu please? Real m,en talking about Yu-Gi-Oh here
                              1:Sauro> yea dp

1:Sauro> i love dick

Comment

Originally posted by KneX View Post
                                Could say the same for wbs then...
                                it wasn't my idea to add the boxes...
                                SSCU Trench Wars Local BanG Operator
                                SSCU Trenchwars SModerator
                                Trench Wars Extreme League Head Operator
                                Trench Wars Divisions Operator

1:Rudy> We don't let Barton out much
                                1:Rudy> He has a habit of touching things he's not supposed to
                                1:Rudy> Like fire, and boobies

Comment

Working...
                                X