Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions

Let's get some real suggestions to try out in ?go base first or suggestions on how to bring more basers to the scene. Thanks

Hmm, the reason why I don't like basing at all is because it's so damn boring. Dueling is exciting, javelin is fun and basing bores you to death. So the question should be how to make basing more entertaining/fun.

For that I don't really have any ideas. Could perhaps take the best of 3 rounds system in use. 10 min rounds and 5 min flagtime needed to win 1 round. Would speed up the pace a bit I think.

Change the map a bit. Limit the number of same ships you can have. Adjust ship settings. etc.

But in the end, I don't think there is anything you can do so that I would actually like to base. Except to totally change the basing consept in tw.

Comment

elim and baseelim have a zone advert each time a new game start, having this for ?go base game at the end sure would help the population..
      Only the loyal count.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumpson
        elim and baseelim have a zone advert each time a new game start, having this for ?go base game at the end sure would help the population..
        That would only be good if it was implemented for say....
        Base is starting type ?go base to play
        Base is starting type ?go base2 to play
        Base is starting type ?go base3 to play

Have all 3 bases automated.
        Make matchbot captain the first 2 people to input something to it via pm.
        If the person is idle for more than 1 minute, have the bot do *arena Who would like to be captain?

The first person to PM the bot gets !setcaptain.

Making base bot controlled would keep a constant flow of games going, like elim.

Having 3 bases available would increase the amount of players, and most likely increase the amount of people in TW.

Now, if you want to be anal about it, set some parameters in ?go base to ensure that the player has at least 300 (or more) hours of usage to play.
        audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
        DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
        Azreal> LOloL
        cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

I Think there should be something like a ?go #mythrandir, because it will allow for most of the better players to leave the public arena. Newcomers will be coming to a ?Go base arena, because they see that it is publicly advertised, and not get picked because noone knows them and there is 35-40 people in an arena with space for 16. Therefore, the two captains will have a large talent pool to pick from, and pick either the best or their friends to play. If there is a smaller, more elite ?go #mythrandir arena, people may take the game a little bit more seriously. And people in ?go base, and ?go base2 will not have to contest with as many really good players for spots. THis means they will start basing with other people who are as good as they are.

I think this will allow for basing to become more popular, and as it grows more popular, recruiters from top squads will come in and see the new basers starting and getting better. Also, new squads will pop up with players of a similar skill capacity, who play a lot in the new ?go base and eventually in twbd matches. THis will allow for new talent to eventually be brought into TWL-B, and if not, more competition for the remaining spots.

Also, points race should be considered as an option for the new arena. I know that the current Matchbots have the capacity, but no hosts ever use it.

In conclusion, this should be implemented rapidly, so that we can have a chance to see some new players understanding basing a lot more by the time January 8, 2005 rolls around.
          What maneuver could possibly be smoover?

Comment

Originally posted by Cook
            Make matchbot captain the first 2 people to input something to it via pm.
            If the person is idle for more than 1 minute, have the bot do *arena Who would like to be captain?

The first person to PM the bot gets !setcaptain.
            easier if you do like in HZ vote for captain via the bot.
            1:Omnigod> when i look at that pic its more like SADMAN

Comment

Originally posted by Darkmoor
              Hmm, the reason why I don't like basing at all is because it's so damn boring. Dueling is exciting, javelin is fun and basing bores you to death. So the question should be how to make basing more entertaining/fun.

For that I don't really have any ideas. Could perhaps take the best of 3 rounds system in use. 10 min rounds and 5 min flagtime needed to win 1 round. Would speed up the pace a bit I think.

Change the map a bit. Limit the number of same ships you can have. Adjust ship settings. etc.

But in the end, I don't think there is anything you can do so that I would actually like to base. Except to totally change the basing consept in tw.
              That's just a matter of opinion, I find warbird duelling boring.

There are two kinds of people, thinkers and doers. I think duelling is better for the doers, and thinkers like basing more because it has more complicated tactics to memorize.

A small basing population suits me fine because 90% of the ?go base players suck ass bigtime anyways.
              5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
              5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
              5: Da1andonly> =((
              5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
              5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
              5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

I think javs are far more complicated than basing.

My idea is to keep everything the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                  Of course it is, everything in this is. But as suggestions were asked about how to make the basing scene bigger, I just brought my own thoughts into this. The point in the post was to discuss about how to make basing more fun for those that think it's boring so that they would actually like to play it.

Zone adverts are of course a good way to get more people to try it out.

Comment

What sleepz said.
                    everything is fine the way it is. Basing is popular enough imo
                    I think ?go base is running like.... 12hours/day?
                    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

my idea is to wait until the start of TWL8 and see how many good basing squads you got then.

Comment

Originally posted by Jargha
                        easier if you do like in HZ vote for captain via the bot.
                        yep like u need to do !next to be the next cap in ?go scrim
                        Originally posted by Kolar
                        My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                        ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi

There are two kinds of people, thinkers and doers. I think duelling is better for the doers, and thinkers like basing more because it has more complicated tactics to memorize.

A small basing population suits me fine because 90% of the ?go base players suck ass bigtime anyways.

lol if u dont think what u are doing u will go 2-10 gg jeansi
                          Originally posted by Kolar
                          My reaction:

;1;Holy Shit
                          ;1;Al Qaeda took care of method for us

Comment

I think you should zone advert it like elims

and as for quality of game, make bot do like random pick from belim when a host starts it to limit ships. For example, after 3 or 4 games bot limits jav/wb/lanc/weasel to 0, so we can have 5v5 spid :P
                            8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                            8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                            8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                            8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                            8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                            8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

depends, do you want MORE basers or BETTER basers?

for MORE basers, set up a bot in ?go base that will advertise and run basing games 24/7. figure out a way for the bot to pick captains intelligently and you're set. a lot of newer players will show up and start playing and all the current basers will be disgusted by how much everyone sucks. there will be a massive influx of new basers, but they'll all suck.

for BETTER basers, bring back pre-#myth private hosted invite-only basing. most of the old school elite basers (diso, wf, brookus, mitch, etc) gained there skill here. this will be considered "elitist" because invite-only... but if you want to get better, the only way to do it is to play with skilled players all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X