Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mootland Farmer
    My idea about bring more people to the basing scene is that the people who play ?go base consistantly go out to the Publics, excluding Pure Pub and start basing. Screw the Leviterrs, screw the spawning warbirds, just base as you would in ?go base, and if people see how successful this is, they may over time mimic the gameplay of you and thus starts a birth of more players wanting to base, wanting to make basing squads, wanting to compete in leagues.
    LOL this would be really fun

imagine a squad that cant find a bd, goes to pub make a priv freq with 8 ppl cramming on pub

LOLOL

:up:

if you need ppl to do this someday, pm me :headbang:
    Last edited by schope; 11-06-2004, 03:40 AM.
    8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
    8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
    8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
    8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
    8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
    8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Havent read all post's and im not sure if anyone has brought this up, but I think ?go base has always same caps, and those caps picks ppl who they like. There should be like cap limit for a player in a day like you cant be more than 2 times captain in a day. One cool addition would be voting captains for the game. Pm the bot your vote and then bot sets 2 players with most votes. And of course shiplimits, sometimes if team is loosing cap sets everyone to cloak or jav which really ruins the game and spends ppl's time. like max 2 wb's, 2 javs and 1 cloak. Got bunch of other ideas but im too lazy to type em and i think they're not so remarkable just small additions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuji
        Havent read all post's and im not sure if anyone has brought this up, but I think ?go base has always same caps, and those caps picks ppl who they like. There should be like cap limit for a player in a day like you cant be more than 2 times captain in a day. One cool addition would be voting captains for the game. Pm the bot your vote and then bot sets 2 players with most votes. And of course shiplimits, sometimes if team is loosing cap sets everyone to cloak or jav which really ruins the game and spends ppl's time. like max 2 wb's, 2 javs and 1 cloak. Got bunch of other ideas but im too lazy to type em and i think they're not so remarkable just small additions.
        No offense, but I hate everything you said.
        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
          No offense, but I hate everything you said.
          Just trying to make some sense to that arena.

Comment

I agree with you Mootland about bringing basing to public arenas. Jump into that red ship and bring forth a team. However, to even try to get basing going in non-pure pub arenas is just a hopeless mission. Basing = alot of people around flagroom and that just means there's a reason for people to levterr, which sucks.

I don't play much in ?go base anylonger, but one reason to come back would be to be able to use different ships (change it yourself during the course of the game) à la Arrogance (bot controlled game with ship-limits tat 2 sharks, 1 terrier, 0 levis).

Comment

Quirion got a couple of talented people into basing.
              Three I can think of are lappos, pressure drop and dutch baser.
              Those three play good games now, because they bded alot with qon and eventually got picked in ?go base alot.
              IMO squads like quirion (cadet squads like in DSB) are a very good innitiative to get pub players to like basing.

oh boy my english sucks
              Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

Sunday @ 2:00 EST Mambo and Ex-Mambonians will take on the world at ?go Mambo!

Congrats for whoever had this idea :P :up:

other solid basing squads should try to do the same if they want more ppl basing.
                8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Originally posted by Malladrin
                  (change it yourself during the course of the game) à la Arrogance (bot controlled game with ship-limits tat 2 sharks, 1 terrier, 0 levis).
                  Should be just the Dock or Guano bot that limits it to 1 terrier and 2 sharks per team. Then add a voting system wich allows the frequency to vote someone out of the ship.
                  Example: In a public freq there are two people Goodshark and Badshark, people could pm the Dockbot with !noshark Bads. And if ~5 people vote this command the player gets kicked out of shark.
                  You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Stab- personally, if only 2-3 people asked for cap and I didn't think they could put together a decent team I would wait until someone else offered, cap myself, or kill the game. There have been times that I wouldn't have minded capping or I asked slowly and the cap was given to the newbies that typed the fastest, ruining the game.

Anyway, that's why my idea is to have a small number of staff dedicated to being caps (not just picking good caps). I don't think it would take too many to make a big difference and I'm sure there's gotta be 2-3 staff or other people with bot powers that like basing in go base enough to do it.

Moot's point about basing being a different game (points/flag time-wise) in ?go base is an interesting one. I think bringing continuous timed basing to pub 0 and 1 would definitely help people learn about basing. Something like EG where there's a continuous game going on and when one freq collects enough flag time (maybe 30 minutes) they are declared a winner and the timers restart. It would bring the game focus in pub 0 and 1 to actually basing rather than just removing the levi to "allow" for basing.

By doing that you might even be able to bring back private freqs (and maybe even levis) because people on private freqs won't be able to win the flag time (unless they're basing).

Comment

Originally posted by Cuji
                      Just trying to make some sense to that arena.
                      Yeah I know and I shoulda made a better reply, but it was late last night and I'd had a few drinks, so here's my better reply..

You should definitely not limit the number of times a good captain could cap. when someone consistently makes a strong team, let them do it over and over again. There was a time when I would cap constantly and took pride in the fact that my team almost always won... I saw the game as a challenge between me and the other cap. I always thought it would be cool if the winning cap goes on to cap again, and the other cap gets replaced by a new guy who has to try to unseat him. I also think there should be captain stats. What percentage of games does a captain win.. that might make people take winning more seriously because it's recorded.

Of course, then people complain that new people never get to play, but the quality of games was WAY better back then. Now everyone gets to play but the games suck, and the arena gets used less often because of it.

The shiplimits is a bad idea because it's fun to try to win with 4 wbs or 3 javs. If the team is losing so badly that the captain gives up and switches everyone to cloakers, that game was alreayd over and that captain is already a shithead.
                      Last edited by bloodzombie; 11-06-2004, 05:46 PM.
                      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                        I always thought it would be cool if the winning cap goes on to cap again, and the other cap gets replaced by a new guy who has to try to unseat him.
                        Now that would be cool.
                        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                          Now that would be cool.
                          THAT WOULD BE VERY COOL.

I always thought basing was more 'famous' than dd/jd, its just that it takes more people to play base than dueling. So maybe basing will become more competitive if squad start recruiting more members (40) or so. That way they would always/almost have enough to Base all the time.
                          the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumpson
                            Another idea is to get the old MVP system back; most points to gain the MVP award at end of the game.

Spiders have another goal in game, the spiders will be more competitive this way. In my opinion it is way more fun to play like this too.. Spider in a ?go base game is getting pretty boring with the teams around you these days.

it might not represent the true MVP after a game, but it rarely does now eighter..

So instead of having the MVP being a surprise at end of game, let the spiders fight for it while playing!
                            yep, agreed. i quit basing for the most part because of this silly change :P

Comment

hey koan
                              Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Well the old MVP system only worked with 20 or 30 minute point basing, because it truely represented the most valuable player for that team.
                                In time race it doesnt matter if you get alot of kills when you have the flag, because the point is to just keep the flag. Nothing keeps you from camping or killing nothing when you dont get points for your kills.
                                You can easely get mvp by only trying in cram and going afk when you dont have the flag.

In my opinion there should be a system based on the amount of kills in general combined with the amount of terrkills, so you'll have to try in offence too.
                                Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

Working...
                                X