No announcement yet.

Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we should bring the whole old basing system back, just base for 30 min, whoever has most points win.. THERE WAS NO NEED FOR CHANGE IN THAT DEPARTMENT!
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo
      I think we should bring the whole old basing system back, just base for 30 min, whoever has most points win.. THERE WAS NO NEED FOR CHANGE IN THAT DEPARTMENT!

I wouldnt mind that
      Cig Smoke> He spelled since "sinse" LOOOl

YTRE> i wish newbs likes you who think they are vet like hazuki wouldn,t talk like necro

Comment

hah I agree Galleleo, but it's kinda much to ask for now.

Getting the old MVP system back would be very nice! :turned:
        Only the loyal count.

Comment

remove mvp completely, it rewards people for the wrong behavior.

The winning cap is the mvp.
          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Blood atleast make it: The winning team is MVP.. a winning cap doesnt mean good cap..

BRING THE OLD SYSTEM BACK!
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
              remove mvp completely, it rewards people for the wrong behavior.

The winning cap is the mvp.
              New basers start playing with spider.

It does give players credit, new players need this credit to get picked again or get a name to get in the basing scene (wich would mean they can relax when the captains pick teams).

This also makes the game more competitive wich is the best goal an MVP system could have.
              Only the loyal count.

Comment

dont know if this idea has been posted ever... but how about this for ?go base

you have registered captains for that arena... maybe a list of like a hundred or whatever

when a game starts, any registered capts in that arena are seen by the bot and the bot does something like this:

Vote for your captains:
                1. arrogance
                2. Mantra-Slider
                3. Erathia
                4. Pure_Luck
                5. Zerzera
                6. Pred_FNM <ER>
                7. lunch3
                8. Divine Rides

...for example

people then just say their vote in pub chat like in elim/baseelim and it counts em up and top vote getter is capt of freq 1, 2nd is capt of freq 2

just an idea.

Comment

Either you risk not having any of the caps on when people want to play a game or you have a giant list to guarentee you'll always have a cap and then you might as well just have everyone be a cap. Not to mention the bot would have to be smart enough to only put out the names of those captains that were actually in the arena. Seems like it would cause more trouble then good, don't like the idea of having registered set captains at all.

What could work (and I haven't read any of the previous posts so if this was mentioned already too bad) is before the game have people who want to be cap message the bot. Then it spits out those names and the people vote from that name list. So take your suggestion but use the people in the arena who want to cap, instead of a predefined list. Might not be worth the effort though.

Comment

I dont really see how anyh of this captain talk and voting on captain talk will make new basers get noticed/more playing time. I mean you'll have the same basic captains every time. If a newer guy wants cap he still wont get it. Then the captains who are chosen will pick the ppl just like are always picked. I dont see how this'll help new guys out.
                    _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

okay well if there are too many names, it could just randomly pick 5 people from the list of registered capts and only let people vote on those 5.

if there are too few capts in the arena, the staffer who sets the bot inputs other candidates in the arena for possible capts or just sets it manually as it is done now.... or it could even pick random people in the arena just to fill up the remaining spots... everyone in the arena still has to vote so it doesnt matter... you'll still get probably better capt selection than the current system.

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                        If a newer guy wants cap he still wont get it.
                        correct me if i'm wrong but newer guys shouldn't be captains? dont you want good games, not just a fun game for that 1 newbie who got captain of ?go base for the first time.

Comment

Well the only way for a "newer" guy to get picked in .?go base is to 1) get captain, 2) beg a guy who is captain 3) know the guy whos captain or 4) be on late at nite when everyone gets to play.

I mite be wrong but i thought this thread was about keepingbasing popular and getting some newer guys into the scene. I dont think any of this captain talk will help it at all. Although i think it would be nice anyway.
                          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Someone, I forget exactly who, had this idea a while ago and it was good:

Make at least one of the pub arenas more like base. We already have the levi one. Why not have one that enforces even teams and then has a fixed goal of holding the base for a given period of time? (And maybe set a bot to spec idlers and spec people who stay around in the spawn area. or somehow enforce it so that people don't hang around and spawn)

Right now pub is just people randomly shooting at each other and getting points and there is no fixed goal, so people make their own, like collecting bounty or getting a good record or just randomly sniping. But if it had a time goal like base it might get some recruits and let people practice so that they get better at it.
                            1:Zerzera> aura shut up
                            1:Zerzera> you hate my recruits because I am muslim
                            jdigs3> jdigs offers u his protection

Comment

Yeah with a big jackpot! And the more people playing the bigger the jackpot!
                              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
                                Well the only way for a "newer" guy to get picked in .?go base is to 1) get captain, 2) beg a guy who is captain 3) know the guy whos captain or 4) be on late at nite when everyone gets to play.

I mite be wrong but i thought this thread was about keepingbasing popular and getting some newer guys into the scene. I dont think any of this captain talk will help it at all. Although i think it would be nice anyway.
                                Becoming captain and shipsetting yourself to your desired ship, and making a scene all at once is definitely not the way to get noticed in a positive way.
                                ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                                Failure teaches success.

Comment

Working...
                                X