Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schope
    I think you should zone advert it like elims

and as for quality of game, make bot do like random pick from belim when a host starts it to limit ships. For example, after 3 or 4 games bot limits jav/wb/lanc/weasel to 0, so we can have 5v5 spid :P
    I really like this idea, it will add a new element into the game.. yeah so after a few games, make a minium of 2 special ships (wb/jav/weasel). It will make the game a little more complex and will spice things up. You'll need to adjust too the new game play, and would make it a lot more fun/interesting. Also the idea of having base advertised to the public and not just on chats ?chat=alerts,base would have a lot of more people coming to the games.
    the price is right, bitch.

Comment

How about upping the freq amount to 10vs10.
      audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
      DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
      Azreal> LOloL
      cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

Originally posted by Cook
        no man , are you mad ?

i think we should have all the arena's the same, pub, base, twlb, cause some titles are diffrent, that would help alot also

(also that that for twjd etc)
        Code:
        1:Pred_FNM <ER>> guys, yellow + green is really shitty for forumcolours :p
        1:lnx> what's wrong with that combination
        1:lnx> I wear yellow-green clothes :(
        1:Pred_FNM <ER>> i dont mean in clothes, in forums..
        1:lnx> kk
        1:lnx> buy a black-white computer monitor if you don't like the colors foo

Comment

Originally posted by Cook
          some staffer tried to make a 9v9 on go base and bot lagged out in like 20 secs of game
          8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
          8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
          8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
          8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
          8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
          8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Suggestions to increase playerbase in ?go base:

The main reason why the so called public people don't reside ?go base is the "I don't get picked-factor". The average ?go base captain picks players, of who he or she knows they will perform properly at an elite level. So as a spectator you'll always see the same people play/get picked.

As a solution to this "elitist" problem, I suggest the bot picks up to 16 random players on startup and divides those equally over the two frequencies. The moderator who activated the bot, assigns a captain in each of the two freqs. The newly chosen captain then assigns each of his teammates a ship, conform the current ?go base rules. He can !change !sub !switch until his team is complete and the !ready command is given. Alternative options would be to add the 16 players who have been waiting longest or to have the bot assign a random captain aswell.

The !sub command will substitute one assigned player, with a random spectator who is not on !notplaying. The subbed player gets put on the !notplaying list. A disrespectful captain can still create his "elite" team like this if he wants, yet everyone can see he is not making ?go base the baserfriendly place. Moderators (or babysitters in this case ) can deny this player the captain status in future games.

Whether this suggestion is easily programmble, I don't know

Zone messages, as suggested before would help then aswell.
            A random 8v8 basing match starting in 30 seconds in ?go base
            Public people no longer have to worry about not getting picked and are more likely to make an attempt to play in ?go base. Everyone has an equal chance.

Suggestions for the basing game itself:

Widen the cram, increase cram area. Currently it is too easy to defend. Making it easy to get in will stimulate flagroom fights and the importance of flag claims
            Set spider limit to 3. This will add more variety to basing, as opposed to the common tactic (1 terr 2 shark, 4 spiders 1 wb/jav/spid/lanc) there will be 2 variable ships instead of just one.
            Put your nose up and shake your rear, spread your wings out, have no fear

Comment

if it would be random, ppl would go start private basing again, i don't see the point in this
              Code:

Comment

Top has a point here. I'm fine with the Elim and BaseElim arena's being advertised because they are free for all players (with above 36 hours usage, but who hasn't got that nowadays) to play in, on the other hand, the ?go base arena is a Captain-based game, where captains pick the players they want. If you would advertise for it then you would get the same problem again with all the public "newbies" who won't be picked then. We have had an automated basing arena before (?go basing) which we advertised regularly for, but that never was a great success. Idea's like schope's are fine, but keep the "manual" basing and the "automatic" basing arena's seperated then.
                Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
                24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
                1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Make ?go base and ?go base2 and have them announced like elim and baseelim. (if really popular increase amount of arenas, of course.)

In ?go base assign captain by vote to the bot, when there's someone with botpowers he should still assign captains himself preferably (if possible).

In ?go base2 whoever pm's the bot first is captain.

More people will get to know of ?go base and they'll notice they'll first have to work their way up from ?go base2 to get to play in ?go base.

As fun as #myth #adman used to be, I think we should not try to go that way once again..

ps. ?go base2 would be an excellent arena for me to play when I'm drunk and still want to get my regular mvp. -_-

Comment

Maybe it should be every 4th game or something that has the random format as described by pixelsong, with the players who haven't played over the last 4 games being given priority (if possible). Then the captains will be able to !switch and !setship (But not sub until the game starts, otherwise some will remove their new players).

Also, consider using this FR, it should help weaken cram as it's much easier to rep the spids off the bar and the space is much wider. Javs will be more useful too, but not overpowerful as the holes are patched to make them require a decent amount of skill/aim to get a good shot. I sent it to pureluck@trenchwars.org a while ago.

Also, it would be nice if you could do !notplayin when a game is not in progress, instead of having to wait until a game starts.
                    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                    ---A few minutes later---
                    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                    9:Kim> UM
                    9:Kim> i didn't
                    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

more than 8v8 basing will not work.

THat flagroom ^^ is wicked nice.

Private Basing is this best way to get a lot of new GOOD basers.
                      What maneuver could possibly be smoover?

Comment

there already have been some fr changes, but we still use this, because this is good
                        Code:

Comment

You seem to forget that elim and belim are games you play alone. Really noone is going to care if you suck die-hard and go 0-10 every game. But as soon as you are going to play in base, you will have to play with other people. Some players are good, and they rather not play with sucky players.

For basing you could say that public is like elim and baselim and ?go base is ?go wbduel and ?go javduel. There has been put some effort already in making public more base-orientated, and from there I think it's up to the community to involve more people into basing.
                          You ate some priest porridge

Comment

You cant advertize for basing all day long bc only 16 ppl get to play. Its stupid to adv for it and 32 ppl come and only 1/2 get to play. Unless u did something like cook said and have all .?go base1/2/3 running so everyone can play it then advertising shouldnt be an option.

Or u could go for the whole pub thing and set up a few pubs where its 8v8 basing like in HZ there pubz are like a hz game. You'd have to have al imit on terr and sharks and probably jav per team as well, but maybe if we implimented it into pub somehow it would bring more from pub to base.

Or u could simply put oneo f those thigns on the pub map saying .?go base is for competative basing or something much like i see every time i enter a pub about voting on the game or something. Alot of ppl probably dont know about .?go base, and the biggest problem is, if they do know about it they can sit in there for 2 hrs and not get in 1 game at all. We have to start sharing playing spots with ppl.
                            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

I propose the idea of an 'approved captains list'. This would differ from simply having bot powers in that you cannot be assigned as a team captain unless you've earned your way onto that list. I find that a large majority of ?go base games don't pan out well simply because one or sometimes both of the captains is/are either inexperienced or just being a shithead. I realize that it will be difficult at first, but given a bit of time, I feel as though the list would even out. We could start it off with a size of perhaps two dozen players, making sure to try our best to encompass all timezones. I'm sure the dedicated ?go base players wouldn't mind voting on who makes the list and who doesn't.

Yes, this idea will perhaps cause trouble when trying to get games started at times. I feel it's a necessary evil though. I'd rather not play a game at all than play a shitty blowout game in which my team is slaughtered because my captain doesn't have a clue and has put together a disasterously shitty lineup.
                              jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Jason, I agree...captains are the most important part of getting the best game from the players you have. That's why random caps, picking first person to type cap, etc. ruins games. I'll one up you though.

The way to get the best games as much as possible is to have people dedicated to being caps. Instead of staff just coming to start and assign caps, the games could be greatly benefitted by a few staffers who are willing to put in time to watch players, pick good teams, and be caps in spec to make necessary changes while the game is going on. Imagine if two staffers were always in go base picking teams and ensuring good games. Of course it doesn't have to be that extreme.

If there are known good caps, then they can run a freq. But staffers that run go base have to know who these people are. Maybe with an "approved caps list" but if the staffers spend enough time in go base they will know who those people are. Starting with caps/ass caps of basing squads is a good start.

I would gladly offer hours that I'm on to do this but I'm not that active to make that much of an impact and I don't always know everyone. And that's what we have staffers for anyway, right? : )

A cap in spec could even give tips to newbies that they pick (tactfully during or after the game) and help them get better.

I know this kind of goes against the whole automated hosting thing but it may be necessary.

Comment

Working...
                                X