No announcement yet.

Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captains and co-captains of the top basing squads on the ladder would be a start. If they do mess around, they gotta deal with the rap that their squadname is going to suffer after their rights are stripped away from them, as well as a nice warning to their squad. This idea is of course assuming that you are taking this ?go base selection really seriously, because if there aren't repercussions to certain actions, nobody would stay in line and 'do the right thing'. In my opinion, choosing ?go base regulars as captains just doesn't cut it anymore, because those are the people who apply the elitist views in the first place.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

Everyone always brings that captain shit up. 90% of the time I start the bot, maybe 2-3 people ask for cap. I don't give it to people that don't ask because if they didn't ask for cap then they probably don't want to.
      sdg

Comment

Stab's right. The good captains got tired of captaining a long time ago and just don't do it. They know they're gonna play so they just wait to be placed in a ship. The people who actually want to do it are the people who might not play, or at least won't get the ship that they want if they don't captain.
        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Then again you'll have captains that just want to jav all the time and could care less what team they pick, as long as they can play the yellow ship.
          5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
          5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
          5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

If we want the quality of basing to improve, people have to step up. Every idea proposed here is obviously going to be ineffective if the rampant apathy among the community's more established members doesn't cease to exist to some extent.

Edit: Stabwound's a prime example of this, the rampant apathy part that is.
            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Another idea is to get the old MVP system back; most points to gain the MVP award at end of the game.

Spiders have another goal in game, the spiders will be more competitive this way. In my opinion it is way more fun to play like this too.. Spider in a ?go base game is getting pretty boring with the teams around you these days.

it might not represent the true MVP after a game, but it rarely does now eighter..

So instead of having the MVP being a surprise at end of game, let the spiders fight for it while playing!
              Only the loyal count.

Comment

Originally posted by Sumpson
                Another idea is to get the old MVP system back; most points to gain the MVP award at end of the game.

Spiders have another goal in game, the spiders will be more competitive this way. In my opinion it is way more fun to play like this too.. Spider in a ?go base game is getting pretty boring with the teams around you these days.

it might not represent the true MVP after a game, but it rarely does now eighter..

So instead of having the MVP being a surprise at end of game, let the spiders fight for it while playing!

What he said. The old system was good.
                audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
                DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
                Azreal> LOloL
                cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

I agree, I remember doing an mvp race with people, nowadays it's hard to tell how you get mvp. The best way seems to be camping.
                  You ate some priest porridge

Comment

I agree with that mvp thingy, bring it back.

Secondly I wouldnt mind being cap, I don't think I am a bad cap, Sure I jav myself, but not always and I also have games where I just spec and cap, but I aint a cap/asscap, wich is kinda hard when you are squadless.
                    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

If you want to bring people to the basing scene, go back to the roots. The roots being Public. Most new players will obviously end up in Public because thats were everybody else plays, and they don't have the knowledge of many other arenas.

Basing is a team game which requires 8 people, thats why its more difficult to create basing squads which will succeed because there are only ever 2 basing arenas which compacts all the "good" (people who know how to cram to a certain degree) players. And you wonder why there is a shorter amount of competitative basing squads every year in the leagues. The reason Dueling squads don't have to fallback on the publics for more competitativeness is because 'Duels' involve less people.

You are going the wrong way of getting people into basing if you start doing elitist things like going back to ?go #mythrandir or making an 'approved captains list' (though that might work to a certain extent in the short run).

Now that Pure Pub has been in exsistance for awhile now, hopefully some of you have seen how competitative it has been. Although the game play is different to ?go base, it does get newer players involved far more easily.

My idea about bring more people to the basing scene is that the people who play ?go base consistantly go out to the Publics, excluding Pure Pub and start basing. Screw the Leviterrs, screw the spawning warbirds, just base as you would in ?go base, and if people see how successful this is, they may over time mimic the gameplay of you and thus starts a birth of more players wanting to base, wanting to make basing squads, wanting to compete in leagues.

Another reason I blame the lack of basing squads and basers is because the basing system in leagues has rapidly changed to how basing works in Publics. Now public involves gettings points from the flag while successfully defending it from the enemy, thus you would get higher points if you held on to the flag. ?go base requires you to hold onto the flag for a certain amount of time. The point is if you change the way the conditions of winning a base match in the league, (not the gameplay, because that is inevitable) it is going to be harder for new players to get into, because a) they wouldn't know what to do and b) find it hard to get into the gateway which would lead them in a direction into league basing.

Bring basing back to the Public
                      "What is it? Um . . . what do you want it to be?" ?€”Juzba, Izzet tinker
                      • Shark
                      • Dicer
                      • Sager
                      • Trench Wars Map Uploader

Comment

The real way to bring basing back to the public is to set up a 8vs8 basing them in a pub. Just make it a constantly running pub version of ?go base in pub 10 or something. We can still have the regular ?go base running and pubbers can get their practice in the pub version which could have randomed or voted captains. You would need to put in some safeguards to keep people that have no idea what they're doing from playing, but it would be cool.
                        sdg

Comment

Pubbers + Bot Commands = Chaos
                          this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
                          (:3=

Comment

I think it would be cool if everytime a TWBD game started there was a zoner, so people might go watch two squads duke it out the way it should be done (anti-scrub vs spastic for example). TWBDs aren't played near enough as TWDD/JD, so it's not like the zoners would get out of hand. Thoughts?

Edit: Or maybe only games involving one of the Top 5 TWBD teams, that way the zoners could be minimized but still effective to some extent.
                            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                              I think it would be cool if everytime a TWBD game started there was a zoner, so people might go watch two squads duke it out the way it should be done (anti-scrub vs spastic for example). TWBDs aren't played near enough as TWDD/JD, so it's not like the zoners would get out of hand. Thoughts?

Edit: Or maybe only games involving one of the Top 5 TWBD teams, that way the zoners could be minimized but still effective to some extent.
                              That would just be annoying like "cook is on fire!!! (5:0)"
                              audit> and btw, im your fan!

DeeZ NuTs> time to own
                              DeeZ NuTs> got my fedex hat on
                              Azreal> LOloL
                              cook> ROFL

R.I.P VENOM

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage

this would kill go base even more than it does nowadays :down:
                                8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                                8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                                8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                                8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                                8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                                8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Working...
                                X