The current basingsquads. A summary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Webbb Llama v1.5
    top 7 could put up a good game with the rest of the top 7, the contest for Melee, Onix, wtfz, all of us dueling squads is being the best second tier basing squad.
    You don't know anything do you?
    Originally posted by Diakka
    Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
      I believe Pallies were #2 last season.. just cause they lost to Diso doesn't mean they drop another spot
      Disoblige was #2 last season.
      Pallies beat Disoblige.
      "Disoblige - It's not just a squad, it's a lifestyle" - BermuDa

Jonas

Comment

Nice WP.
        1:Omnigod> when i look at that pic its more like SADMAN

Comment

After last year's no-show/dissolve fiasco I'm sort of hoping we'll see round robin with as many or fewer squads followed immediately by playoffs. My current pick to fill out TWLB would be (In order):

1. Disoblige - A solid squad of european vets.
          2. Whiterabbits - Seasoned rabbit always tastes better.
          3. Aetheist - Have you seen their roster? It's light minus Domi and 2d (at least right now). which is the only reason I put them third.
          4. Anti-Scrub - Much maligned in practice matches, AS always seems to bring it's A game to real matches. A big change since TWT, but they're without adman or kookie (gone to wabbits, gone to god-knows-where) and that's pretty big.
          5. Pallies - Amazing individual talent has never really coalesced into the unstoppable juggernaut that pallies could be. Just like I said before last TWLB, a lot depends on how much they want to get their shit together.
          6. Paladen - Hey, they're not the best. In fact, their are days when I'd swear they've gotten smacked around by blind puppies. All that aside, this is the most consistent squad in TW.

7. Vortex, I mean, err WTFZ - Stupid name, low class squad. barring Annux going ban crazy again they'll make a solid lower five contender.

These last three I'm sort of sketchy on. In the case of a tie I went with Experience (IE no dissolving) over roster strength.

8. Elusive - Word is they picked up a non-laggy ringer (2d) and they plan to "bring it" next TWLB.

9. Mambo - Very active lately, let's just hope all the players don't jump ship the first time one of the top 5 crushes them.

10. Dekai - Pretty decent roster, not mambo active but not bad. Still have to see if they're an Anti-Scrub or a Wildfire in the upcoming season.

The Runners Up/ Honorable mentions, people I can think of shit to say about:

British Squad - I don't know. They're like Paladen but less base focused.

Onix - They've been around, but they never did manage to show eight consistently.

Melee- See Onix.

Floydians - Old squad, but somehow they never seem to improve game after game. Maybe they'll develop in TWDB.... maybe.

Stone - Back again, and with a decent looking roster. Simply too early to tell if they'll hold it together or go their separate ways again. TWDB will be the test, might end up with a TWLB place by default.

No Surrender - Time to throw in the towel. 404 leaving was the death knell. I could be wrong, but I've never seen more than 3 NS people online at one time in the last 3 months.
          Edit: Okay, I'm wrong. we're back. ya, I said "we".

Sure there are others (spastic, STONERZ, FMM, camisade, Bohemians), but most of these squads are either too green or too shakey to merit serious contention in TWLB. This doesn't mean I'd exclude them from putting in some quality appearances in TWDB, they just aren't ready for the big time.
          Last edited by wadi; 12-10-2002, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Latrine
            For the record, only two former Cripples members are in wtfz.
            Thats why you've only got the one letter in the new name!
            Originally posted by Facetious
            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Nice post Warportal.

Elusive players do play alot more then elim though. Basing has always been for fun for us, we will see where it takes us, though we are looking forward to TWL. GL to all in coming leagues.

Rule

Comment

Kookie is now in Stone.

Camisade should seriously be considered for a top 10 spot, and I would put Mambo over Elusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitang
                  Kookie is now in Stone.

Not anymore

Ri
                  (Squitch)> Is Ri a bot???

Comment

kookie joined WRs WITH ME!!! $$$$
                    There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitang

Camisade should seriously be considered for a top 10 spot.
                      Not until their roster is larger than 9 members.

Comment

Originally posted by wadi
                        7. Vortex, I mean, err WTFZ - Stupid name, low class squad. barring Annux going ban crazy again they'll make a solid lower five contender.
                        Yeah we got some vortex people.... but we're a completely different squad. People also seem to forget that Latrine is our leader, Annux just helps him. And even if Annux got banned, and in an insane rage killed latrine... we'd still have either Digitalwave or one of the best squad leaders playing the game (see avatar) to take over.

I think we're a bit better than paladen at least...
                        Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

That ain't me on the avatar
                          gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                          gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                          gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Team Spruce is ready to kick butt and take names, preferably in that oder.

Comment

(Note: I've heard rumors 404 is back)

Originally posted by wadi

No Surrender - Time to throw in the towel. 404 leaving was the death knell. I could be wrong, but I've never seen more than 3 NS people online at one time in the last 3 months.(Note: I've heard rumors 404 is back. I'll edit this if he contacts me, puts in an appearance, tells me otherwise.)
                              \\

I am back and ready!

Time to edit that post Bro
                              May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
                                Yeah we got some vortex people.... but we're a completely different squad. People also seem to forget that Latrine is our leader, Annux just helps him. And even if Annux got banned, and in an insane rage killed latrine... we'd still have either Digitalwave or one of the best squad leaders playing the game (see avatar) to take over.

I think we're a bit better than paladen at least...
                                wtfz is a total christian squad and i dont think jesus would take lat away,

hope to see you in church sunday mayo

- Your pal Hogo

Comment

Working...
                                X