No announcement yet.

My Official Appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sry, didnt get my wording right. meant to say that GV can be a replacement squad. but they, like any other squads, have to be the top non-twl squad on the ladder at the time of a twlb squad dropping out.
    1 + 1 = 1

Comment

I dunno I like GV, think they have the talent to getting into late Post Season, but a captain blatantly cheating pretty much is reason to get disq'd from league.

And how can you say you didn't know Mythril was cheating, since when can Mythril terr, and since when does a terr cap 10 ports every minute in a flag battle. You're telling me it wasn't odd to you that Mythril ported everytime he would die in a FR fight.

I think GV should be allowed to play in TWLB, if it were Randedl cheating, it would be different. But I think most of us don't even recognize Mythril as a representative of GV. If Anything, let them play all 3 leagues, and give them a 3 Week Suspension, basiclly thwarting their Playoff plans. But allowing them to still participate in league.

Comment

You guys should stop bitchin about being dq'd from LB u guys arent even good at that league. Ur lucky staff wasnt harsher and dq you from both LD and LJ also. The guy cheated now u all pay, maybe next time consider someone a lil more b4 giving them (C).
        _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila
          sry, didnt get my wording right. meant to say that GV can be a replacement squad. but they, like any other squads, have to be the top non-twl squad on the ladder at the time of a twlb squad dropping out.

Wtf, why cant you just flat out say, GV will not be in twl this year? Your giving them another chance to get back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila
            I take back what I said in that case.
            Jason> God said, "Heh, I'm gonna give Eve some nice titties."
            Dyers eve> God wanted me to have nice titties?
            Superstar> Yes eve, he does want you to have nice titties. To bad he placed them on the wrong spot. Cup C size balls.

---------------------------------------------------

Greetz Dyers eve

Comment

Originally posted by Cig Smoke
              You guys should stop bitchin about being dq'd from LB u guys arent even good at that league.
              dont think it matters if we are good in that league or not. im sure if a cap in dice cheated in a dd, dice would be all over these forums too whining bout being disqualified. that goes for the rest of u guys too, if ur squad was dq'd from a leauge because your cap cheated in a twd game im sure u all would be whining. what do u guys expect gv to do? be like "o yes good decision on dq'ing us in the lb division!" ???????????
              (castromarx)>reaver, accord and i are busy playing with our balls

1:JAMAL> just farted smells good as fuk

Argentina> weeeee oooooh weeeee oooooh
              Argentina> look at me kids!
              Argentina> I'm an ambulance!

Comment

Hi!

Yea, shinobi doesn't base much, so what?

We have a terr, we have 6 spiders, that may be able to shark.
                Knowing our strong squad integrity, it's something we can fill in too, we aren't a blowoff squad.

It's upto Dynasty whether we are in or not, it's on a matter of finding sharks within our current roster, shouldn't be difficult.

Sure we may not play all that great from lack of practice, but you can count on all of us to be cheat free, (no offence, honestly).

Edit:

And I do agree with what Accord said, just human instincts to do such things, as I did right now, by saying we aren't a blow of squad.
                TWLD Finals Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Finals Champion Season 12
                TWEL Warbird Champion: Season 4

Primordial> How many time for ld

Comment

so rand and crew will come in at 0-2 after shin drops out? K.
                  The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                  All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Here's an amazing idea. How about you blame your situation on the person that cheated and not staff?

The mere fact that you post your appeal here just means you want TW's sympathy and not real action. Aww, you had a captain that cheated. Maybe we should give you a Garfield "Hang in there baby" poster to make you feel better? Stop making excuses and deal with it.

llater,
                    Tony

Comment

Originally posted by MILOS
                      In sports if an athlete uses performance enhancing drugs, he/she gets disqualified. Sure the athlete chosen to take their place will likely perform on a lesser level, but that's exactly what you would expect considering the replacement is a "natural" competitor.

In the World Cup of soccer, if an athlete is found to be using drugs, the team/country is immediately disqualified and penalized even further.

These are facts, gentlemen.
                      If there is a way for me to test for cheating similar to a blood test in real life, then it is my fault that I did not.

As it stands, I do not think there is. How accountable can I be for the actions of individuals that I do not have the power to police myself?

With the zone run how it is, especially with the lack of communication between staff and player, one must put complete trust and reliance upon the decisions of the staff members. If a player is given a ban free pass by an smod in Trench Wars, I personally take that as staff saying "okay, they are alright to play".

To whoever wants to bring up Mega Newbie or whoever else. . . Please do not pretend you would not recruit him or anybody else. Again I defer my judgements on players to staff. If they are letting said person play, I am not going to argue. You will never see me complaining about "so and so cheating in game" or whatever, I leave that up to staff.

To everybody saying "you should be happy you are in the other two leagues", give me a break. My squad has been kicked out of the league that we put the most work into qualifying for and improving in. We have had a big part of our squad turn out to be a cheater and now see him permanantly banned from Trench Wars, and in the process, we have lost about a third of our active squad members because of this incident. I don't see anything lucky about that. Had my squad been kicked out, every one of the players who would actually play TWL for Grapevine would just be starting for one of your squads. The biggest punishment for us is that we cannot play TWLB together in the spot that the other 28 of us earned legitimately.

The guy that cheated is gone from the zone, apparantly forever. How is that not an example in and of itself? If he never shows up in Trench Wars again, I don't think that having his one time squad full of people he will never meet removed from a league ranks really high on his list of moral obligations.

I ask you this: If staff is getting so tired of cheaters, where are the rest of them? If it was so obvious to all of you that Mythril was cheating all along, why did it not get brought up with staff? If it was, why was he not banned earlier? If staff can not figure out somebody is cheating, how is a person in my position supposed to?

The fact that Shinobi doesn't base much is exactly what I was getting at. I think that some common sense should be used here. People are human and should be judged accordingly and by humans. Not by the way one person might interpret a bunch of text under a certain light with a handful if, and or buts being the basis for the interpretation.

Personally, I don't know how my squad would have, or would do in TWLB. Looking at the alternatives though, I don't think there is anybody who deserves to be in the league (before or after Mythril was caught cheating) more than us.

To Brookus, Mythril was immediatly kicked from my squad and roster. If you want to fund a plane ticket for me to go over and punch him in the face, I would totally be willing. I feel that the decision staff made was based on what they thought was public opinion and also after reading through these forums. It seems like a good place for me to make my appeal.

To TWL: If you keep us out of TWLB, I will not accept a later invite to the league. I do not believe this is deserved, and accordingly I will not accept the punishment. Go rely on a less stable squad to save your league's integrety when you need it. Letting us come back in week 2 or 4 or 6 only helps you and insults us a little bit more.
                      Last edited by Randedl; 04-14-2006, 12:47 PM.
                      Philos> I both hate you and like you more than anyone in this game randedl
                      Philos> there is something about you
                      Philos> You're like the wife i'd love to fuck, but beat every night after work

PhaTz> we should all wear t-shirts that says "I WAS THERE WHEN RANDEDL LOST TWLD" and on the back, "TWICE"

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl
                        If there is a way for me to test for cheating similar to a blood test in real life, then it is my fault that I did not.

As it stands, I do not think there is. How accountable can I be for the actions of individuals that I do not have the power to police myself?

With the zone run how it is, especially with the lack of communication between staff and player, one must put complete trust and reliance upon the decisions of the staff members. If a player is given a ban free pass by an smod in Trench Wars, I personally take that as staff saying "okay, they are alright to play".

To whoever wants to bring up Mega Newbie or whoever else. . . Please do not pretend you would not recruit him or anybody else. Again I defer my judgements on players to staff. If they are letting said person play, I am not going to argue. You will never see me complaining about "so and so cheating in game" or whatever, I leave that up to staff.

To everybody saying "you should be happy you are in the other two leagues", give me a break. My squad has been kicked out of the league that we put the most work into qualifying for and improving in. We have had a big part of our squad turn out to be a cheater and now see him permanantly banned from Trench Wars, and in the process, we have lost about a third of our active squad members because of this incident. I don't see anything lucky about that. Had my squad been kicked out, every one of the players who would actually play TWL for Grapevine would just be starting for one of your squads. The biggest punishment for us is that we cannot play TWLB together in the spot that the other 28 of us earned legitimately.

The guy that cheated is gone from the zone, apparantly forever. How is that not an example in and of itself? If he never shows up in Trench Wars again, I don't think that having his one time squad full of people he will never meet removed from a league ranks really high on his list of moral obligations.

I ask you this: If staff is getting so tired of cheaters, where are the rest of them? If it was so obvious to all of you that Mythril was cheating all along, why did it not get brought up with staff? If it was, why was he not banned earlier? If staff can not figure out somebody is cheating, how is a person in my position supposed to?

The fact that Shinobi doesn't base much is exactly what I was getting at. I think that some common sense should be used here. People are human and should be judged accordingly and by humans. Not by the way one person might interpret a bunch of text under a certain light with a handful if, and or buts being the basis for the interpretation.

Personally, I don't know how my squad would have, or would do in TWLB. Looking at the alternatives though, I don't think there is anybody who deserves to be in the league (before or after Mythril was caught cheating) more than us.

To Brookus, Mythril was immediatly kicked from my squad and roster. If you want to fund a plane ticket for me to go over and punch him in the face, I would totally be willing. I feel that the decision staff made was based on what they thought was public opinion and also after reading through these forums. It seems like a good place for me to make my appeal.

To TWL: If you keep us out of TWLB, I will not accept a later invite to the league. I do not believe this is deserved, and accordingly I will not accept the punishment. Go rely on a less stable squad to save your league's integrety when you need it. Letting us come back in week 2 or 4 or 6 only helps you and insults us a little bit more.
                        The only thing that Randedl said that kinda made me wonder too is howcome he wasnt banned earlier ? Thats all. At this point I still don't think any other decision would be rightious. But I do know that I would feel screwed too.
                        Winner of TWDL Scrotals
                        Winner of TWT Melee
                        Winner of TWLD -FINAL-

Comment

If you know cheating is not allowed, then instead of jepoardizing your squad's chances you should have gotten together with your other squad mates and tell him to stop cheating, or gone to a staff member privately. Yeah you heard me, rat the fucker out.

Myth said he cheated in at least 3 games, are you going to try to say that no one else on your squad noticed something was amiss with him during those games, and probably others? Rather than get caught up in the situation you're in now, it would have looked a whole lot better to PM a staffer and say " hey, my squad captain Myth is cheating. Some of my mates and I tried to get him to stop, but he keeps doing it. I don't want us all to get into trouble for him doing stupid shit, can you please help us out?"

If your squad practiced hard for TWL, and really wanted to do well, then you should have not taken any chances whatsoever. Even the slight feeling of someone cheating at one point or another should have made you say " alright guys, TWL is coming up soon, if anyone is using CE or anything, don't mess with it anymore. " Granted that should have been common sense but we see how far common sense gets some people.

Myth cheating numerous times with you guys in squad games shows a complete lack of respect for your squad, for your squad's reputation (as you can see, others are starting to say more of you cheat) , and a lack of respect for the effort you guys had put into getting ready for TWL. He's a fucking captain, he should be the one telling people not to do stupid shit like that- but if he isn't and you know him or anyone else on your squad is doing something shady, then you need to nip that shit in the bud quickly.

My squad has been kicked out of the league that we put the most work into qualifying for and improving in. We have had a big part of our squad turn out to be a cheater and now see him permanantly banned from Trench Wars, and in the process, we have lost about a third of our active squad members because of this incident. I don't see anything lucky about that. Had my squad been kicked out, every one of the players who would actually play TWL for Grapevine would just be starting for one of your squads. The biggest punishment for us is that we cannot play TWLB together in the spot that the other 28 of us earned legitimately.
                          It's a shame that you guys worked hard and that a bunch of your squad mates have left, but this needs to be directed towards you captain, not anyone else. It's his fault for cheating, and anyone else's fault on your squad if they knew he's been cheating and didn't tell staff. I don't know you and I don't know whether or not other members of your squad have also been cheating, but as a captain, Myth should have known what was at stake each and every time he started up CE. Being a captain doesn't mean you only act like one, you only set an example during the game, or during the season that you're best in. In every single game he played, every single time he logged onto subspace he should have not been cheating. He's a fucking captain, it's his job to know how hard his mates are working and his job to know the amount of stupidity it is to cheat anytime when he's the head of a squad.

The rest will come soon if the public sees that harsh consequences await cheaters. People that cheat or have squad mates that cheat will see what happened to grapevine and put a halt to it. No matter how shitty a squad is, they don't want to get kicked out of any league because one of their members was cheating. That means even the lowest ranked/respected squads in TW will think twice now, along with the higher up squads. A person in your position is supposed through playing with him. If you see a squad mate eating bullets constantly, dropping mad ports or any other shit that is suspect, put two and two together. It shouldn't take long to recognize the difference between a person "lagging" and a person cheating.

The fact that Shinobi doesn't base much is exactly what I was getting at. I think that some common sense should be used here. People are human and should be judged accordingly and by humans.
                          I agree, and after this episode people will learn not to cheat if they value their positions, their reputations or their squads reputations.

You sound bitter there, but I can understand why you wouldn't want to come back.
                          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Not ThiX
                            Wow let them play. Its not like if we break a rule to help a squad with a bunch of known players to the TW community then like police will come and arrest us. Let it slide and let them play, no biggie. Everyone last season BEGGED for like 14-16 half decent squads, and we're kicking one out for someone who wasn't even a baser that got banned. wow, ban them from TWLD or something not LB
                            The best reason in the thread for not letting them in TWLB. I think it's amazing that they let GV still compete in LD and LJ.

Comment

Nice way to twist my words around, staff. My cheating in a few games was absolutely NOT a deciding factor in whether or not grapevine made TWL. Most of those games were after the TWL squads were announced. I'm sure you had staffers watch me, and you know I did not cheat in every game.

I can guarantee that none of my squadmates knew I was cheating. I never "blatantly" cheated.

I didn't see myself as a real captain of Grapevine, and nobody else did. I leave that title to Randedl, Buja X and Weaver. Randedl promoted me to captain because he knew he couldn't be as active as he would like. I think out of everybody he trusted me the most. If I was in his position I would have trusted me too. I had no intentions of cheating again, but like I said when you feel like you can get away with something, there will always be temptation.

"He openly admitted on forums that he had used said cheats during TWD qualifications to help Grapevine make TWLB."

Staff you're full of shit. You made a decision before this and you should have stuck to it. Grapevine doesn't deserve to be punished for my mistakes. It didn't effect them in qualifying for TWL. Stop acting like there wasn't any punishment. I'm permanantly banned. I shouldn't even be coming back to these forums but I don't really have a choice. Let grapevine play in TWLB, they earned their spot.
                              PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                              ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

Yes, we'll believe you on your word, because why in earth would you not tell the truth to us.

Seriously Mythril, if you'd have any brain you would've never posted anything at all, same goes for your bright squadmates, who make everyone lose the little bit of respect they have left for GV. Stop digging the hole any deeper. If you really love the squad you fucked over so much, which got away with your egoistic actions to have a bit of fun quite well comparing to what happened to other squads when one of their captains got caught cheating, you should go away real quickly and hope everyone forgets about you..

Comment

Working...
                                X