No announcement yet.

My Official Appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It sucks that GV won't be in TWLB, but I'm sure glad that they will still take place in TWLD/TWLJ, I don't know them that well, but from the time I've spent in GV, however less it was, was a time that I really enjoyed.

The players are trustworthy, and easily respectable.
    Their players don't cheat
    Their players don't start flame wars with other players
    Their players respect their Captain(s)
    Their players care for another
    Their players have each others backs (as shown here in the forums)

Bottom line:

Their players were NOT aware that a squadcaptain was involved in cheating. Get that through your heads. Stop trying to tilt the direction of a staff members decision, and stop flaming GV just because you pathetic fools find a chance to do so.

Thanks,

KillerGt1
    TWLD Finals Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Finals Champion Season 12
    TWEL Warbird Champion: Season 4

Primordial> How many time for ld

Comment

sigh, when i was your age, we did this shit in private arenas and we relied on the integrity of a player to be in a wb, to spec at 10, to play 'under the bar' and not go into the base and hide.

you crazy kids and your technology gimmicks
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by brookus
        Here's an amazing idea. How about you blame your situation on the person that cheated and not staff?

The mere fact that you post your appeal here just means you want TW's sympathy and not real action. Aww, you had a captain that cheated. Maybe we should give you a Garfield "Hang in there baby" poster to make you feel better? Stop making excuses and deal with it.

llater,
        Tony
        lol. this was the best response so far.

btw, didn't shriek get kicked from all leagues a few years ago when it was found out he rostered a second name to evade his ban and play in a TWLJ game. shriek was kicked because it was a squad captain breaking the rules. why isn't grapevine being kicked from all 3 leagues also?

Comment

heh, this is just stupid...whats done is done, don't think anything yall will say is gonna change this shit <_<
          1:Killer Soldier> rly's theory of terrorism
          1:rly_dumb> the terrorists play SS, they go to twcity and plot their courses work their way from the outside and the center is their targets
          1:rly_dumb> the reason that terrorists hate usa so much is because we own them so bad on SS they have to retaliate by doing such things as 9-11
          1:Killer Soldier> Omg whose the terrorist leader now 1:rly_dumb> not sure
          1:rly_dumb> j-b-inc is my first guess

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome

btw, didn't shriek get kicked from all leagues a few years ago when it was found out he rostered a second name to evade his ban and play in a TWLJ game. shriek was kicked because it was a squad captain breaking the rules. why isn't grapevine being kicked from all 3 leagues also?

Main Entry: fa·vor·it·ism
            Pronunciation: 'fA-v(&-)r&-"ti-z&m, 'fA-v&r-
            Function: noun
            1 : the showing of special favor : PARTIALITY
            2 : the state or fact of being a favorite
            help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
            MegamanEXE> Chao
            MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
            (Sefarius)> ....
            (Hate The Fake)> LOL
            MegamanEXE> You are sick
            MegamanEXE> Good day

Comment

to everyone that has post'd in this thread,

suck my grapes

Comment

You seem to have some false sense of idealism that I cannot comprehend. I don't think that somebody on Spastic who is double squadding is going to stop doing so because Mythril's squad got banned from TWL when he was caught. Setting an example is fine, but this example does not justify the lesson trying to be preached. How does punishing a squad show instill any amount of fear in the average TW player. His squad won't be effected. He will be banned (Mythril was banned) and he will know that staff is getting better at figuring these things out (I think).
                The lesson is that cheating will get you banned, and that cheating during or right before a league will get your squad also banned from said league. How does this example not preach exactly what staff is trying to get across?

The TW players that have squads in leagues and care about their squads will hesitate before, or won't even cheat at all if they know their entire squad will get banned if they are caught cheating. You're right, normal players with no squads won't care about that, but they will care about being perm-banned. This isn't the end all to cheating, it's simply the first step.

If you get banned for cheating, what do you care what happens to your squad? Sure Mythril might be mad that Grapevine isn't in TWLB, but at the end of the day, it has no effect on him. He can't enter the zone, he isn't even on the squad's roster.
                If it were another squad that was effected by such a situation, would I care as much? No. Grapevine is my squad, I care about it.
                That's the difference between you and Myth, chalk it up and move on.

Mythril hasn't tarnished Grapevine's reputation, but banning us from a league sure has. Accusing us of coercing with Mythril, of covering up that we knew, that sure has.
                His act of cheating has tarnished your squads reputation, whether you want to believe it or not. I don't see how you think a squad captain caught cheating wouldn't tarnish a squads reputation, but again it is your squad and you feel wronged by staff, so I can understand why you would try and shift blame on them, and not on Myth.

Are you seriously justifying punishing my squad because a guy we thought we could trust decided to cheat?
                Yes. Life sucks sometimes, you have no choice but to move on.

I have the right to appeal the decision rendered and I am doing so. If you want to preach about what a captain should be doing, start taking notes.
                You can appeal until you're as blue as my icon, it really won't bother me one bit. I'll start taking notes from you when you pick better people to replace you as a captain.
                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome

we lost that season when our guys all but had twlj locked up and were contending in twlb as well......

but whatever dice owns shriek...
                  There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

looks like GV has been made the example..accept it and focus on the other two leagues..GV would be better competition than Shinobi yes..but lets face it,. GV has no chance at an LB title so who cares? -_-
                    "I'm a fucking walking paradox, no I'm not
                    Threesomes with a fucking triceratops, Reptar
                    " - Tyler the Creator
                    Yonkers video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw

Comment

Ah. Gj! Another fking well known cheater gets busted. Now get the rest of them too
                      Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                      Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                      Server> dont worry mirror
                      Server> shark fits your tits
                      Peace <ZH>> shut up
                      Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                      Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                      1:Hercules> im level 90
                      1:Hercules> in 9d
                      1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                      1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

Your all scared of my basing skills i know :fear: makes sense ot ban my squad form playing lb.
                        2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Ive saw this guy playing terrier lots of times and porting as much as cape. I was like WOW this guy has talent.

Sad thing to know.

Nice way to deal with cheating on leagues. That's my opinion
                          8:I Hate Cookies> a gota dágua foi quando falei q eu tinha 38 anos e estava apaixonado por uma garota, mas a família dela n deixava agente namorar
                          8:I Hate Cookies> aí quando todo mundo me apoiou falando q o amor supera tudo, falei q a garota tinha 12 anos
                          8:I Hate Cookies> aí todos mudaram repentinamente de opinião falando q eu era um pedófilo
                          8:AnImoL> esses amigos falsos
                          8:SCHOPE NORRIS> o amor supera tudo. da até pra esperar a puberdade
                          8:I Hate Cookies> sim... fiquei desiludido schope...

Comment

Originally posted by Randedl

To whoever wants to bring up Mega Newbie or whoever else. . . Please do not pretend you would not recruit him or anybody else.

We didn't.
                            Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                            You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                            There wont be another election for president.
                            Obama is the Omega President.
                            http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Heart
                              Their players were NOT aware that a squadcaptain was involved in cheating. Get that through your heads. Stop trying to tilt the direction of a staff members decision, and stop flaming GV just because you pathetic fools find a chance to do so.
                              But their players knew Mythril was at the time netbanned and had banfree from TW. So they took a risk making him cap and hoping he wouldn't do it again.

Once cheater - always cheater or something.

Originally posted by Randedl
                              To whoever wants to bring up Mega Newbie or whoever else. . . Please do not pretend you would not recruit him or anybody else.
                              QS recruited him but axed after like 1 hour.
                              megaman89> tsunami taught me that 1 shouldnt have used it
                              L K> taught u what?
                              megaman89> how to suck

9:WiL> im gonna with my league \o/
                              9:Graner <ZH>> you mean win?
                              9:WiL> being on plade i forgot how to spell it

Comment

Originally posted by Mythril
                                Nice way to twist my words around, staff. My cheating in a few games was absolutely NOT a deciding factor in whether or not grapevine made TWL. Most of those games were after the TWL squads were announced. I'm sure you had staffers watch me, and you know I did not cheat in every game.
                                Heh, I was gonna stick up for you against that self-righteous, christian moron above (Liquid Blue - god didn't he go on? Mate, this guy needs to get out more) but I just realised you cheated in two games vs SLAM - so erm.. yea f**k you...
                                Last edited by MetalHeadz; 04-15-2006, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X