No announcement yet.

My Official Appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno ... the only thing I'm thinking, in my head... is that Randedl does make a good point about Shinobi. I'd rather have GV play w/o Mythril, so there's at least better competition. That, or hold some mini tournament to get the spot, including grapevine +3 other squads. But, alas, I'm far from what normal people would wanna do in this situation. I just wanted to put in my 1.5 cents, since everyone else is.
    DELETED

Comment

I am with Rand on this, I think we should allow captains to cheat just like the normal members of a squad.
      You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Please ban grapevine from all 3 leagues, they can no longer be trusted.

If they get to play twlj and twld is shows the kids of today that cheating is acceptable, as long as you dont get caught doing it in your preferred discipline, i.e. Mythril probably cheated in all 3 leagues, but only got caught in basing divsion, so only got punished for basing.

Comment

my god, youi peoiple type to much...
          TWLD Champion 2014
          TWDTB Champion 2013
          TWDTB Champion 2016
          TWDTB Champion 2017
          TWDTB Champion 2019.. my last one.
          -tj hazuki/hazuki :wub:

Comment

I think this is a lose-lose situation. You're banning an entire squad from a league because of the actions of a captain? That's really not a good deterrent to cheating - I mean, if someone is going to cheat in the first place, they obviously think less enough of other players to ruin their game by fixing the table of play. So why would they care at all if his/her squad were banned from a league as a result of this action?

I think Trench Wars' blanket rule covering this is pretty wretched. Because it's pretty obvious that Randedl was and is Grapevine, he always has been. Mythril was in the wrong position at the wrong time - if he had been demoted or never even promoted, this wouldn't have happened. So I see something not blatantly wrong, per se, just a bit weird in the action to DQ Grapevine.

You might set an example, all right - if a cheater is going to cheat, be sure that he is demoted to a normal player to the squad doesn't suffer when he is eventually caught. A cheater fucks shit up just as much regardless of his rank in the squad in TWD or TWL.

I think if you really want to set a positive example, you should do situations like this on a case-by-case basis. I mean - seriously, it wouldn't take too much time, this thread is investigation enough, one could probably form an opinion from the facts presented here, ignoring the douchebags who post nonsense, of course.

Come on, guys, I made a serious post. Is that not evidence enough that this shit is FUCKED UP?
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

You people make some pretty hilarious assumptions.

Firstly, no, not everybody on the squad knew Mythril was a cheater. I've been playing this game for way too long and before I joined Grapevine, I'd never even heard of the mother fucker. I had no idea he was banned in every other zone and that he had a history of cheating. He seemed like an okay guy except for his incessant chatter on squad chat about his e-girlfriend that he phonesexed every day. That was sick shit.

Secondly, Mythril wasn't good enough in flagroom to have cheated that often during our twbd activity. He died all the time to pointless stuff but the very fact that he was starting to become our number one guy in terr meant that he was learning how to position himself and work with his team.

Thirdly, I think we won most of our point grabbing games against Spastic. Pure_Luck played every single one of those games and as a super duper does-everything-and-even-more staffer, I'm sure obvious cheats are easily detectable by him? This isn't to say that Mythril didn't cheat in these games, just that if the dean of fucking staff and head twlop can't figure this out in a game, how are the players on his own squad supposed to? Stop blaming Randedl. Rand is a great guy that cares about his squad and his players and he'd never do anything to jeopardize their ability to have a fun and positive gaming experience.

And last of all, why does Grapevine even want to continue in twlb? I quit the squad the instant I got proper verification from staff that Mythril did indeed cheat and that they had proof. It felt pretty stupid being in twlb knowing that we might not have earned it through our own merits and skills. I didn't feel we deserved the spot and I wouldn't have played if we were still allowed to play.

Good luck to whatever squad replaces Grapevine and hopefully this incident serves its purpose and helps maintain a positive and credible game play atmosphere for twl9 (is it twl9?) and many more leagues to come.

Comment

Well imho the quality of the league takes a hit with the removal of grapevine, although it isn't on the top level necessarily. They do deserve to be disqualified, but on the other hand they don't. I guess I'm lucky I don't have to make the decision.
                6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                3 league vet

Comment

Hey!omfgwtf?!"

Plade should get in TWLB instead of shinobi, shinobi cant do shit and they dont have ppl to have 8vs8 game (no offence). I say we should get game that seperates the better squad! omfg
                  Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                  Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                  Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                  Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                  Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

If shriek was banned from all 3 leagues for captains cheating then grapevine should also receive the same consequences. Sure, we caught them cheating in twbd. Who is to say mythril didnt cheat in twjd or twdd. I think its bullshit only because Shriek was removed from twl for the exact same shit.
                    Strid3r> We dont have enough players..
                    Da Man> Spec
                    A2m> alright all spec!
                    Strid3r> thanks bro
                    Strid3r in for Idoneus
                    ------- GAME OVER -------
                    Idoneus vs. Shriek: 1 - 0
                    Idoneus wins this game!

Do Eht!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dreamwin
                      Plade should get in TWLB instead of shinobi, shinobi cant do shit and they dont have ppl to have 8vs8 game (no offence). I say we should get game that seperates the better squad! omfg
                      Plade, never heard of that squad before
                      Winner of TWDL Scrotals
                      Winner of TWT Melee
                      Winner of TWLD -FINAL-

Comment

• I think grapvine deserves to be kicked from all 3 leagues. If this situation happened to some newbie squad like Dingus Inc., they would be disqualified from TWL in half a second , and no one would complain. But this is GRAPEVINE, a squad that is above the rules? f dat shit

Comment

• Originally posted by Plasma
                          If shriek was banned from all 3 leagues for captains cheating then grapevine should also receive the same consequences. Sure, we caught them cheating in twbd. Who is to say mythril didnt cheat in twjd or twdd. I think its bullshit only because Shriek was removed from twl for the exact same shit.
                          its a different situation
                          Last edited by Scoop; 04-15-2006, 05:32 PM.
                          4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                          4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                          4:Geio> DEEZ?
                          4:Geio> LOLOL
                          4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                          4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                          4:spirit> LOL
                          4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                          4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

• yeh the difference is.... your involved lol gg
                            Strid3r> We dont have enough players..
                            Da Man> Spec
                            A2m> alright all spec!
                            Strid3r> thanks bro
                            Strid3r in for Idoneus
                            ------- GAME OVER -------
                            Idoneus vs. Shriek: 1 - 0
                            Idoneus wins this game!

Do Eht!

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome
                              lol. this was the best response so far.

btw, didn't shriek get kicked from all leagues a few years ago when it was found out he rostered a second name to evade his ban and play in a TWLJ game. shriek was kicked because it was a squad captain breaking the rules. why isn't grapevine being kicked from all 3 leagues also?
                              Yes. The difference is that I was running TWL then, and I had ZERO tolerance for any type of cheating whatsoever. It didn't matter that a lot of people I liked were on Shriek (including my current squad captain Hercules), the fact was a captain cheated, and the squad was banned completely from TWL. Grapevine has gotten off lightly, most likely because there aren't that many good squads to lose from the league these days, and because people generally like GV. Face it, the GV reputation that you are talking about Rand saved your squad from being banned from all three leagues.

Rand, you're a good guy I've known you for a long time and I know you didn't mean to have a cheater on your squad. Still, you are the squad founder and captain, and the responsibility still falls to you to make sure that your squad is clean, much more so to make sure that the people you promote to captain are absolutely 100% trustworthy.

Speaking as a former longtime squad captain myself, I'm not a big fan of how squads these days like to promote everyone on their roster to C and A-C status and then bitch about it when those people mess up. It happens all the time, and this time it happened to GV.
                              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                              www.animeslice.com

Comment

• lol epinephrine and awesome .. you're wrong.
                                Grapevine wasnt disqualified from TWL because TWL didnt start yet. When merce cheated, TWL was going on meaning TWL rules took effect.
                                What happened to Grapevine didnt even concern the TWL rules since the show wasnt happening!
                                1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
                                1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
                                1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
                                1:Vitja> afk
                                1:Underground> haha vit
                                1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

Working...
                                X