No announcement yet.

Thunder Appeal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mirror has done a great job so far with twl. But rules are rules. Why have them if noone follows. Unfortunately in a decision like she has to make with other twl ops, they cant make everyone happy. So prepare for the 2nd coming of complaints
    Devest.proboards.com

2:Lance> OMG
    2:Lance> BCG is afking in my arena
    2:Master of Dragons> you got steve'd

Creator/Co-Creator of:

?go Prisonbreak, Twcountry, Hathunt, Treehunt, Birthday, Divbase, Defense, Devest, Trifecta, CSDOM, Brickbase, Sharkball, HateBase, Hatetf, Assassin, JavTerror, JavHunt, XmasZombies.

New Maps are in production...

Comment

It does seem silly to go well someone hacked and the harddrive died so we all missed a week but that counts for your waiting a TWL round ...

i mean i don't really care about this appeal but it seems a mess

1) Exalt shouldn't been allowed to play
      2) The Ref told them he could so they shouldn't be punished for fielding him
      3) don't change the rules over something so minor as it undermines the confidence in the league

i.e. i think staff dropped the ball with this one in takking the attitude that since there was a crash there didn't need to be a missed round for switching squads.

wouldn't be TWL without da drama :wub:

seriously this type of kerfuffle is why i like it hahaa ^-^
      In my world,
      I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tragiK View Post
        mods dropped the ball on this one, should have been prevented with a couple extra lines of code in the twl website, but riistar can't do everything.
        Actually i can't take credit for Flabby's excellent coding (much better than mine) B)
        PubBot8> Going to 69 :greedy:

Jacklyn> I'll play with this clit thing later
        Dr.Coiff> i've played with it

3:Mirror <ZH>> fly around and boom blow everyone up

Comment

Rules are the rules. The rule was broken. Exalt is just the kind of player to know the rules and I bet he asked staff if he was eligible but didnt tell them he played the previous round. Wether TWL staff had been told that key fact before saying he was eligible is the key here. I would assume they didnt know.

I dont know why I should defend your arguement of "but he was 0-5!", but if anyone was actually watching the match, dynasty took a huge lead at the start, surprise surprise, when Exalt was in.

Only question that needs answering:

Did twl staff know that Exalt played us the previous round when deciding he was eligible?

If the answer is yes then TWL staff will have made an error of not following there own rules that they have made so specifically to cover everything for no reason.

If the answer is no, which I assume it is, the match should be replayed.
          Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
          TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

LOL this thread takes me back a few years, Thunder having to cheat its way into TWL semi-finals, even though they can't even beat us 5v4.

Some stupid newbie threatening to boycott TWL, oh noes "veetee" please don't stop benching for Sweet as they are obviously going to win TWL!

Kids are a joke, the only difference is this year there is a competent TWL op running things.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post
              It does seem silly to go well someone hacked and the harddrive died so we all missed a week but that counts for your waiting a TWL round ...

i mean i don't really care about this appeal but it seems a mess

1) Exalt shouldn't been allowed to play
              2) The Ref told them he could so they shouldn't be punished for fielding him
              3) don't change the rules over something so minor as it undermines the confidence in the league

i.e. i think staff dropped the ball with this one in takking the attitude that since there was a crash there didn't need to be a missed round for switching squads.
              Personally I would agree this situation is the result of a combination of a cock-up by ourselves and the site being hacked.

There were 2 separate issues that caused this situation to arise.

1. There was a misunderstanding during the development of the site. It is coded to wait "1 week" and not "1 round" (this still needs to be fixed, but being as hard lock is next weekend, its unlikely to be a problem again this season. It is NOT a simple fix, im still trying to work it out). This only came to light AFTER the descision had been to run games this week had been made.

2. In normal circumstances this wouldnt not have been a problem as we could have checked manually on the database all the players to ensure the correct players. However because of the hack, which you will recall caused a number of issues on the site regarding scheduling and TWL roster selection...it was impossible to tell easily which players had been added already to rosters were acctually ineligiable...

The question is now what is a fair way to proceed. I dont think the game can be foreited as we clearly told Exalt he was allowed to play.

1. Did exalts perfromance have a measureable impact on the game?
              2. If so, would replaying the game (which because it will have to be played during replay week...will mean that exalt will be eligiable to play in the game anyway, provided he does not leave the squad) make a significant difference to the result?
              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

@ Mirrorrim, changing time of Swet vs. rape preseason game was a request from both sides, and you assigned a time for every match because your website function was not working. As far as I know, the rules state that captains MAY choose their times accordingly, not be assigned randomly by a TWL op because something is unfinished. So I wouldn't call it a favour after all, just having something done with the aid of the rules.

Furthermore, I am NOT going nag you 10 times askin if fujiwara could play, since the rule was stated clearly and I have got a reply from you IN THE LIGHT of the UPCOMING christmas break, so I don't see a reason how you can see a possible reason for your decision's change if we faced an exact situation?

@ kthx, you're stupid enough to trash talk me with 'benching' for I cap and co-created this squad and control whole game from spec, but I never expected any reason for the people of your kind and class, so you can say what you want.

I expect a compromise, henceforth the match should be replayed. Just please stick to the rules you create, ok? Else don't run a league.
                2:blood> i think vt is a terrible player to be honest
                2:vt> what makes you think i am terrible
                2:blood> irrefutable empirical evidence

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Flabby View Post
                  Personally I would agree this situation is the result of a combination of a cock-up by ourselves and the site being hacked.

There were 2 separate issues that caused this situation to arise.

1. There was a misunderstanding during the development of the site. It is coded to wait "1 week" and not "1 round" (this still needs to be fixed, but being as hard lock is next weekend, its unlikely to be a problem again this season. It is NOT a simple fix, im still trying to work it out). This only came to light AFTER the descision had been to run games this week had been made.

2. In normal circumstances this wouldnt not have been a problem as we could have checked manually on the database all the players to ensure the correct players. However because of the hack, which you will recall caused a number of issues on the site regarding scheduling and TWL roster selection...it was impossible to tell easily which players had been added already to rosters were acctually ineligiable...

The question is now what is a fair way to proceed. I dont think the game can be foreited as we clearly told Exalt he was allowed to play.

1. Did exalts perfromance have a measureable impact on the game?
                  2. If so, would replaying the game (which because it will have to be played during replay week...will mean that exalt will be eligiable to play in the game anyway, provided he does not leave the squad) make a significant difference to the result?
                  Any measurement of exalt's performance will be biased and therefore pointless. It's like excusing a sportsman with using a stimulant even though he sucked and therefore not disqualifying him.

Comment

Oh so you control the game from spec, so that makes you A BENCHER.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                      Oh so you control the game from spec, so that makes you A BENCHER.
                      more like a coach

Comment

Originally posted by RednaZ View Post
                        If anything thunder should be grateful dynasty added a horrible quicksand player to give thunder a shot at winning it.
                        That sums it up pretty well. Exalt got 5 deaths and a solid 0 out of Dynasty's 50 kills. HOW UNJUST!!! Seriously though what would the purpose of a rematch be? It's not like anyone could perform worse than getting 0 kills. If I was on Thunder I would just stfu already.

Comment

Dont appeal next week that i cheat when you lose that LJ match

over and out
                          peace:fear:
                          admit it

I'm hot

twlj champ season 8
                          twlb champ season 8 10 11
                          twdtj champ season 3

Comment

Please forgive Vt for still adjusting to the way TWL is handled, I bet being part of a league where everything is superior for many years makes this reality unacceptable, however, to clear up a few things I would like to say that: Vt could easily start and contribute enough vs any team in this league, despite only playing TW for about a month longer than Sweet has existed.

Possibly, if any of you doubting his skill to play this game, could even kill him once in his own "ship", he probably would care a bit about what you say, but right now, just shut up.

I don't care what the decision of this appeal will be, the rules state rounds, not weeks. In fact this could all have been avoided if you would have just put soft-lock in effect a few weeks BEFORE Round 1. Naturally 1 week cool off periods would thus not be necessary and you (staff) would have less things to worry about.
                            TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

never seen a more pathetic group of nerds in my life. thunder went in the game thinking they had it, and lost. I, who thinks exalt is one of the nerdiest losers i ever met online, can easily say that was a fair game and that he deserved to play with dynasty. pathetic thunder lost all respect as former sk8 they ever had from me.

Fuj
                              Call me Hadoken cus' Im down right FIERCE

Comment

like thunder has a chance in LD anyways

Comment

Working...
                                X