No announcement yet.

Forum Mafia - Shawshank Redemption - Salvation lies within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For shooting down town doc with deflective idiotic reasoning, and our only town power role trying to start piecing things together with reveals( our town voyeur kass) and just being accusitory and accusing or calling people out while adding nothing themself to helping town. Field is leaning scum to me.

Vote Field
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Halp View Post

So you don’t believe Jessup, but you’re voting for Kassius who is the player who has so far provided the most useful info to us? Ooook bro.
      I believe Jessup would use twisted logic to justify not using her protection n1.

What's useful about claiming there's a cop in the setup? You should struggle in explaining how revealing a cop's existence to scum benefits town. I know I am. The second bit of info, which was actually posted first, was provided in this post:

Originally posted by Kassius View Post
      1 bit of info for us, want to be up-front about this.

I know Jessup was locked up, last night. It wasn't me that did the locking up, though.

My analysis of this:

Mafia wouldn't lock up one of their own. Jessup is town, someone protected her. We have a jailkeeper, which this game, actually fits

Mafia not getting a kill, and TP dying upon a recruitment attempt, seems plausible.

I'd be wary of anyone very quickly claiming that Mafia were blocked last night, could be trying to get ahead of the situation.
      I am struggling with this post. My first impression was scum explaining away their failure by disguising it as useful info to town. And I'm skeptical of anyone dangling so many town PR's in their analysis of what's going on. Too much fishing is very fishy.
      Trench Wars Player

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
        For shooting down town doc with deflective idiotic reasoning, and our only town power role trying to start piecing things together with reveals( our town voyeur kass) and just being accusitory and accusing or calling people out while adding nothing themself to helping town. Field is leaning scum to me.

Vote Field
        I'll correct again, I'm not the town voyeur. The town voyeur would potentially know more than me last night on the actions against Jessup if they watched Jessup.

I've let this cook a while, to see what kind of reactions would come out of my claims.

Truthfully, I now don't mind getting lynched at this point. There's several people now looking very shady and I think my ability to further provide info for town is now quite limited. So if you need to lynch me to prove my information true, go ahead. But I am Town, and I can vote against scum on lynches, so you decide.

I'm the Town Wildcard. I targeted Jessup last night, in the hope of a protective or investigative role. I got a cop role, I investigated Jessup last night. I received 'no clues' because she was locked up in solitary. From this, I know:

a) She was jailed
        b) There is a cop for me to have copied the role off

Oh, and I was secretly hoping to get the cult recruit power N1 because that would have been awesome lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by field View Post
          scarlet why do you think M leo is scum?
          Tried to lynch me over something alignment non-indicative, then (deliberately) misinterpreted what I was saying when people called me on it, and more more importantly never engaged with any other players over anything else or offered any insight, then fucked off on page 10 without having made any signs he'd thought about anyone's alignment (besides maybe mine).
          Post #405 at the bottom of page 27 clears the later so I'm roughly a thousand times less bothered by him now.
          Whether he's able to string together a coherent and believable reason the next lynch he tries to ride whether or not I'll buy that he's town.

Kassius why aren't you fullclaiming? I'm not asking that rhetorically, you've unambiguously made your claims the center of town attention. Why are you telling us partial information when you're in a game with, apparently, two protective roles you believe exist? How can you not know whether jessup was jailed or protected by a doctor if you/your team didn't try to kill them?

Originally posted by Halp View Post
          It seems fairly obvious to me what the situation with kassius and exalt is.
          Explain it to me then Halp, because I'm not seeing how kassius can both know that there's a cop and that jessup specifically was protected (actually, just this much is enough info for me not to follow), but also not know what jessup was protected by or whether jessup acted.

This is such a mishmash of information.
          Let me get this clear

Kassius you're claiming:
          There is a cop
          Jessup was protected from kills N1
          You don't know if jessup was targeted by a jailor or doctor
          You didn't know that jessup didn't act
          You didn't know about willby's gambler night action
          Just to be clear
          Vote Halp
          Out of the players who skipped out on D1, you're barely above beast in terms of productivity. I'm expecting to lynch between kassius/exalt/willby but that's pending on it actually going anywhere.

Willby's been going after low hanging fruit all D2 but he's not actually wrong about any of it (beast is useless and sorta scummy by doing something with no benefit to town, kassius's claim is fucked). I feel like we wouldn't be here if he'd just posted a fucking reads list when exalt asked.
          WillBy thoughts about m_leon after post #405 and field after recent posts?

There's literally no reason for kassius to have said any of this if he was scum, but I'm also struggling to believe any of it and he's lazily sitting on a wagon he didn't start and has refused to justify (while saying that he's justified it elsewhere, which I haven't seen and he hasn't provided evidence of).

Exalt's assuming a lot or claiming to, like that the_paul definitely died from recruiting scum, that there are no mafia jailkeepers, that kassius's list of claims make a lick of sense, that kassius claimed he visited jessup (he never claimed this). He's also throwing new (mechanical) information into the game, that there are probably vote influencing powers in the game based on his own role. I think he has no idea what's going on, which if anything is probably a town position to be in.

Comment

• How many times did I check the thread to see if I was going to get interrupted before I got interrupted.
            At least 12.
            Well, that answer my questions.

Kassius what does wildcard do exactly, copy a living player's targetable power?

Comment

• Originally posted by scarlet View Post
              How many times did I check the thread to see if I was going to get interrupted before I got interrupted.
              At least 12.

That's exactly my interpretation, my role was only explained by a link to Mafia universe's description, so I'm assuming it's that, in its entirety.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassius View Post

I'll correct again, I'm not the town voyeur. The town voyeur would potentially know more than me last night on the actions against Jessup if they watched Jessup.

I've let this cook a while, to see what kind of reactions would come out of my claims.

Truthfully, I now don't mind getting lynched at this point. There's several people now looking very shady and I think my ability to further provide info for town is now quite limited. So if you need to lynch me to prove my information true, go ahead. But I am Town, and I can vote against scum on lynches, so you decide.

I'm the Town Wildcard. I targeted Jessup last night, in the hope of a protective or investigative role. I got a cop role, I investigated Jessup last night. I received 'no clues' because she was locked up in solitary. From this, I know:

a) She was jailed

Oh, and I was secretly hoping to get the cult recruit power N1 because that would have been awesome lol.
                Was it a 1 shot, because if not, you definitely should not have claimed that. That role is OP.

Field is scum. WillBy is scum. I'm okay with lynching either.
                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Tried to lynch me over something alignment non-indicative, then (deliberately) misinterpreted what I was saying when people called me on it, and more more importantly never engaged with any other players over anything else or offered any insight, then fucked off on page 10 without having made any signs he'd thought about anyone's alignment (besides maybe mine).
                  Post #405 at the bottom of page 27 clears the later so I'm roughly a thousand times less bothered by him now.
                  Whether he's able to string together a coherent and believable reason the next lynch he tries to ride whether or not I'll buy that he's town.

Kassius why aren't you fullclaiming? I'm not asking that rhetorically, you've unambiguously made your claims the center of town attention. Why are you telling us partial information when you're in a game with, apparently, two protective roles you believe exist? How can you not know whether jessup was jailed or protected by a doctor if you/your team didn't try to kill them?

Explain it to me then Halp, because I'm not seeing how kassius can both know that there's a cop and that jessup specifically was protected (actually, just this much is enough info for me not to follow), but also not know what jessup was protected by or whether jessup acted.

This is such a mishmash of information.
                  Let me get this clear

Kassius you're claiming:
                  There is a cop
                  Jessup was protected from kills N1
                  You don't know if jessup was targeted by a jailor or doctor
                  You didn't know that jessup didn't act
                  You didn't know about willby's gambler night action
                  Just to be clear
                  Vote Halp
                  Out of the players who skipped out on D1, you're barely above beast in terms of productivity. I'm expecting to lynch between kassius/exalt/willby but that's pending on it actually going anywhere.

Willby's been going after low hanging fruit all D2 but he's not actually wrong about any of it (beast is useless and sorta scummy by doing something with no benefit to town, kassius's claim is fucked). I feel like we wouldn't be here if he'd just posted a fucking reads list when exalt asked.
                  WillBy thoughts about m_leon after post #405 and field after recent posts?

There's literally no reason for kassius to have said any of this if he was scum, but I'm also struggling to believe any of it and he's lazily sitting on a wagon he didn't start and has refused to justify (while saying that he's justified it elsewhere, which I haven't seen and he hasn't provided evidence of).

Exalt's assuming a lot or claiming to, like that the_paul definitely died from recruiting scum, that there are no mafia jailkeepers, that kassius's list of claims make a lick of sense, that kassius claimed he visited jessup (he never claimed this). He's also throwing new (mechanical) information into the game, that there are probably vote influencing powers in the game based on his own role. I think he has no idea what's going on, which if anything is probably a town position to be in.
                  OK - I feel like I just my eyes are being weighed down with concrete wading through all of this shit to be honest. Apologies for the lateness to the party this phase but I work 12 hour shifts and this last night shift has been nonstop. Usually have more time to read and post at work.

I feel like I'm going to throw up saying this, but I agree with Scarlet - Halp is my most solid scum read. He is taking a very, very overly reactive tone that I don't see often from him when people say something questionable towards specific people. Not everyone - just specific people. It's not coming off as a careful suspicion of everyone in the game like most townies should be Day 2 - it's just targeted indignation and outrage when certain people are questioned or worse, a suggestion is made that they are scum.

I don't know what to make of the Willby and Kassius situation, honestly. At points during that debacle I had almost laughed because both of them had said really scummy shit, but honestly at the end of it I just don't know. Kassius, can you clarify your role more carefully? You can target a player and then one of several actions might occur, and you don't know which until after it happens? I just reread it now this second, what do you mean by you "copied" the role off of a cop? The only options for what actions you can take are the actions of other PRs currently alive?

Partyfalcon on all but complete radio silence for this game worries me. She proved she's a dangerous presence when active and the last thing I want to do is let her skate to the end of the game without getting pressed at all if she's scum.

Jessup... oh god what are we gonna do with you? I am literally not trying to be a dick or a troll when I say that you are fucking beyond horrendous at this game. Awful. Just unforgivably bad. Why the fuck wouldn't you protect someone N1? So you don't protect scum? Wow, OK. Know what you should have done? Protected Exalt, who was visited N1 by two different scum factions who both were there to kill him last game. I just can't fathom pulling such an important role and just choosing to do nothing. I should have let you die with Sherlock, honestly.

Whatever. I'm sure I'm missing some points that I meant to make, but I'll fill them in as I read back again and remember them.

vote Halp
                  7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                  Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10
                  Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

How many times did I check the thread to see if I was going to get interrupted before I got interrupted.
                    At least 12.

I had to google it too, but this is what I found: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...arole=Wildcard

My only question is does it copy only town roles, or does it copy scum roles too? Either way, that role could potentially solve the game.
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Jessup was jailkept, so she couldn't protect anyone anyways, so why are people acting stupid about it? It was obvious Jessup was the best target for scum last night, which is why Jessup either got jailkept by someone else or she jailkept herself. Yes, you heard me right. It may be possible for some roles to put themselves into solitary. That would stop all actions from themselves and others. Jessup literally stopped a scum kill, so why are people crying about it?

Field, WillBy, Scarlet, idk 4th tbh. Lynch these people if you're smart. If not, I wash my hands of the stupidity.
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                        Jessup was jailkept, so she couldn't protect anyone anyways, so why are people acting stupid about it? It was obvious Jessup was the best target for scum last night, which is why Jessup either got jailkept by someone else or she jailkept herself. Yes, you heard me right. It may be possible for some roles to put themselves into solitary. That would stop all actions from themselves and others. Jessup literally stopped a scum kill, so why are people crying about it?

Field, WillBy, Scarlet, idk 4th tbh. Lynch these people if you're smart. If not, I wash my hands of the stupidity.
                        What? Except Jessup didn't claim Jailkeeper, she claimed Doctor. And those are two tremendously different roles.

It's not the point that Jessup couldn't protect anyone (if she is indeed the Doctor). It's the point that it's tremendously anti-town to not protect anyone N1 as Town Doctor if you aren't x-shot. Why are you not making a big deal of it? The result is not what I'm focusing on - it's the lack of action and lack of intent that speaks volumes.
                        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10
                        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

I had to google it too, but this is what I found: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums...arole=Wildcard

My only question is does it copy only town roles, or does it copy scum roles too? Either way, that role could potentially solve the game.
                          Without clarification from Kthx, I don't see where it says it's restricted to only my faction's roles. Also I don't think it's as useful as you'd make out, the only time it gets useful is like last night, but I really don't see lightning striking twice. At worst, I'm thinking I could also pull the scum nightkill result. This tells me from now I just need to target suspicious characters, to not risk impacting town night-based activities, hoping to disrupt, investigate, or help confirm other roles.

Most of the results I'm going to get, are 'Fail' or 'Success', which isn't really going to tell us anything at all, I won't even know what role I've used. Last night was a winning lottery ticket, because I pulled cop, I got to see the role I rolled (sigh), and also got to see 2 bits of information at once. This is what I meant by saying, I'm probably not going to be that useful any more, lightnining isn't going to strike twice. If there's a second cultist, I might even end up cult recruiting someone and end up killing myself if it's scum, lol.

Honestly, thie game's going to be a bag of lols for me, the longer I stay alive the funnier it gets

Comment

• Keep talking Voth, You just seem scummier and scummier lol. You are voting for halp with your "hunches and feelings" ahain that have proved so ghod awful already and using zero real proof. Just be quiet for once dude and stop causing havoc. Your leading has been god awful so far if you are town lol... you really have some nerve to call me out when you are the reason we lost our town tracker D1 and have outed the town Doctor D1 too. I don't have to explain to anyone how I play my role N1 and you are just an insufferable townie the way you play. I am pretty sure you are scum tho anyways. You are the one town would benefit to go honestly even if you are town but I srsly doubt you are lol either way you are scums best buddy no matter how u flip.. u goon
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Oh and in case there's any doubt that I just pulled the role out of my ass to fit last night's evidence, I seeded my first two posts in this game with my full role name. It's there if anyone wants to bother looking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassius View Post

a) She was jailed

So we need to figure out if roleblocking can lock up a person in solitary of if jailer does this. A townie knows if they jailed me. Remember I can protect you townies so don't be too bashful if you have info. I'll be no use if I die. It is possible mafia tried to roleblock me or jail me themselves to make another kill last night. It is very possible they went and killed T_P and wanted me blocked or jailed. I need to dig up kthx reveal again on T_P's death but typically a cult recruiter commits suicide if they target scum which as I recall was not what happened to the_paul.. gonna go look now
                                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                                X