Forum Mafia - Shawshank Redemption - Salvation lies within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
    The_Paul's raping days were over before they even started, either he was around too much fluoride or there was some bad meat on the menu.

The_Paul was Bogs Diamond cult recruiter for the sisters.
    Zero flavor of a suicide so I'm not buying he tried to recruit cult and died this way..gonna start looking at who is pushing this theory he T_P killed himself.. I feel it was a scum kill.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
      Another quick little theory: scum did try to kill someone and they were blocked and paul tried to recruit a member of scum-team and died because of it.

I only mention this one because the death write-up doesn't mention a murder but instead makes it seem like he just turned up dead.
      Vehicle starting this nonsense about a non mafia kill on T_P immediately after some hair brained theory that there was again 2 cults in the game. Muddy the waters more Vehicle lol.. there is no other cult in this game im 99% sure and why you said both these things I mention is scummy as crap
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by PartyFalcon View Post
        The death write-up sounds to me like the_paul tried to recruit scum (“either he was around too much fluoride or there was some bad meat on the menu”) but could just be flavor.
        PF jumping to this theory too.. i'm just suspicious is all.. I suppose the bad meat on the menu "could" explain it but typically they commit suicide as explained in mafia wiki
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

So you and only you can read it? I'm not posting a list for you. Weve had 4 people post more than 2 sentences since phase change, there are no reads there. You are being unreasonable, I'm not going to bend over backwards to push away shitty analysis. But I'll do you one better, since this is getting old real quick.

I'm a gambler. Made up role afaik. 2-shot at a 50-50 chance with whoever I play against (last night, party falcon). Loser is voteless the next phase. Which is why I'm voteless now (I apparently have no pokerface)
          this claim is... dangerous.. mafia can have gamblers too

Mafia

Bookie see above
          Punter (gambles dice rolls if he wins he gets 2 votes)
          Day-Vig (gambles on dice rolls if he wins he can day-vig once) - can only win once
          Counter Intelligence (sends the name of a player they think are the spy if they are correct the Spy becomes mafia)

As you can see all mafia blend in and gamble aswell
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Nice to see you all finally logged in to post, at 2am my time.

Nobody is going to mention that jailkeepers dont normally prevent their target from being targeted? Theres a variant, sure, but I dont know why weve been assuming that "solitary" is jailed.
            Kassius you are positive that you copied a plain old cops action? No other kind of investigation? Because you wouldnt receive the information that jessup was in solitary if you just had a cop action. If you had copied, like I said, a voyeur, or idk a roleblocker, that might make sense. Can you please give us more details about the results of your night action?

Comment

• Originally posted by scarlet View Post
              Willby's been going after low hanging fruit all D2 but he's not actually wrong about any of it (beast is useless and sorta scummy by doing something with no benefit to town, kassius's claim is fucked). I feel like we wouldn't be here if he'd just posted a fucking reads list when exalt asked.
              WillBy thoughts about m_leon after post #405 and field after recent posts?

There's literally no reason for kassius to have said any of this if he was scum, but I'm also struggling to believe any of it and he's lazily sitting on a wagon he didn't start and has refused to justify (while saying that he's justified it elsewhere, which I haven't seen and he hasn't provided evidence of).

Exalt's assuming a lot or claiming to, like that the_paul definitely died from recruiting scum, that there are no mafia jailkeepers, that kassius's list of claims make a lick of sense, that kassius claimed he visited jessup (he never claimed this). He's also throwing new (mechanical) information into the game, that there are probably vote influencing powers in the game based on his own role. I think he has no idea what's going on, which if anything is probably a town position to be in.
              I wouldnt say I've been going after kassius today. I've not once claimed he was lying. I never threw my fake vote on him. I just think he is providing us a highly digested piece of information when I'd prefer the actual lead. I think too many people have read my interactions with kassius and exalt and think I'm attacking them- I'm just playing defense. I would like us to lynch m_leo or beast (yes, he still looks scummy).
              On m_leo, he hasnt provided one piece of useful information, hes only echoed what others have said. Btw no, PF is not a double voter this phase, though I think that would have been a more interesting twist.
              For field, I dont agree with his push back on jessup and kassius. I think we all agree that there probably is a protective role this game, and nobody has countered jessup or really gone down that path. Not using her night action for fear of protecting scum is typical jessup. Kassius has provided way too much information to the benefit of town for him to be scum. He could easily have been caught too, when he claimed jessup was roleblocked. It's either a grand conspiracy or it's a bunch of townies stumbling in the dark. He really doesnt need to be voting me at this stage, I think it's purely gut and the fact that I questioned him, so now I'm hostile to him.

Exalt wont answer your question because I didnt answer his. Now he has tunnel vision, good luck pulling him out. Until someone else has a smoking gun, he'll continue his TSA patdown looking for it on me. Which I'll be honest, paul most likely did the same thing Voth did N1 last game as cult recruiter(ish)- grab the best deputy you can find. Which in this case was either exalt, Voth, or I. He could also have felt that too predictable though. One thing I can assume is that paul did not attempt to recruit jessup or beast (and die doing so).

Comment

• I was googling around trying to figure out what fluoride and bad meat have to do with shawshank, and I think I found an answer for fluoride. Several games ago, kthx spent a good portion of D1 arguing about the benefits of fluoride in the water with paul. So I think this is purely *ahem* flavor here. Cant be sure on the bad meat part.

Comment

• I guess while I'm still here playing with myself, I cannot think of another explanation for kassius's results. If he was a cop-for-a-night, his 3 possible results were "innocent", "guilty", or "no result". This seems closest to "no result" but you arent typically given more information about why there was no result. I guess I'll dive into MU and see if things are different there...

Comment

• The current phase will last until 7pm central Wednesday, June 17th

Vote count:

Willby(2) - Exalt, Kassius
                    Halp(2) - Voth, Scarlet
                    Kassius(1) - Field
                    Field(1) - Jessup
                    Beast(1) - Halp

No Votes (which is why I am slightly extending the phase) - Vehicle, Zeebu, PartyFalcon, Beast, M_Leon
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by Kassius View Post

I'm the Town Wildcard. I targeted Jessup last night, in the hope of a protective or investigative role. I got a cop role, I investigated Jessup last night. I received 'no clues' because she was locked up in solitary. From this, I know:

a) She was jailed
                      b) There is a cop for me to have copied the role off

Oh, and I was secretly hoping to get the cult recruit power N1 because that would have been awesome lol.
                      I couldnt find anything on a quick MU dive. Alignment cop gets "Town" "Mafia" or "No Result". Unless it was a some random modifier or flavor cop, I have no explanation of your results. Then again, I've seen 2 roles so far that I've never seen before...

On a side note- dude, learn how to phrase your sentences. You said you were hoping to get cult recruiting powers, implying that you knew there was a cult before paul flipped. This is why all this drama started the first time, and here we go again.

Comment

• Originally posted by kthx View Post
                        The current phase will last until 7pm central Wednesday, June 17th

Vote count:

Willby(2) - Exalt, Kassius
                        Halp(2) - Voth, Scarlet
                        Kassius(1) - Field
                        Field(1) - Jessup
                        Beast(1) - Halp

No Votes (which is why I am slightly extending the phase) - Vehicle, Zeebu, PartyFalcon, Beast, M_Leon
                        There was no reason for me to have lied about it, but fwiw I didnt. Otherwise we would have seen a line for
                        m_leo(1) - WillBy

Comment

• Seeing as Shawshank had many scenes revolving around suicide by hanging I find it less likely bad meat means T_P died by his own hands.I assume mafia got T_P. In think scum jailed or roleblocked me to improve chances of making a kill on T_P. I suspect scum wants town to believe they were stopped making a kill and those pushing this theory early should be looked at with caution.

Also something seems off on our understanding of what a wildcard is.

It appears to me kass may have either done a roleblock/jail or in fact did get a cop pick. But I am unsure why kass feels so certain a jail or roleblock was used.. I hope kass can explain this more. So you got the cop wildcard draw and your result was fail or roleblocked or? please explain EXACTLY without copy and pasting what happened kass.

Wildcard in MAfia Universe is as follows-

Wildcard

Role Description:
                          The Wildcard may target someone each night and use a random power on them still left in the game, randomly selected from any other power role in the game. If there are no other power roles left in the game, then the Wildcard's action does nothing.

Notes:
                          I.e. the Wildcard might target Player A and unknowingly roleblock them, because the randomization caused the Wildcard to replicate a Roleblocker. The Wildcard will not know what ability was used, unless the ability is one that returns a feedback message (a Cop investigation, for example). The Wildcard will also never know which player's ability was used. Note that the Wildcard is not stealing or blocking whoever's ability is used - they are merely replicating it. This role is in some ways similar to a Schizophrenic, except this role has the potential to be informative about the remaining power roles in the game.

TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Nobody is going to mention that jailkeepers dont normally prevent their target from being targeted?
                            They do where I'm from. I think someone did bring it up though because I was thinking of asking about it.
                            On a total aside, you're wrong about Tiger Mafia's ascetic cult leader being kill immune while ascetic Exalt; asectic is nonkill actions

Anyway, mod confirmation that willby has no vote today.
                            WillBy what happens if you win the flip? You get two votes, but does your target lose theirs? If yes, since you targeted PF, does that mean you thought they were scum?
                            Your role is strictly bad for town if you're not targeting scum, since it destroys more votes than it creates.

Comment

There was no reason for me to have lied about it, but fwiw I didnt. Otherwise we would have seen a line for
                              m_leo(1) - WillBy
                              Noted.. I thought u voted exalt tho this phase.. u aren't on the list either way which does help ur cause some for sure willby
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Willby did vote exalt. He moved it to m_leo on my request because he'd said that he agreed that leo was scummy.

Comment

Working...
                                X