Mafia 2020: Town of Salem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Beast fucked up badly on N2 by confusing whatever his roleblock result was with a real 'nobody visited willby' result.
    He was roleblocked then? Would've been nice to know. There is definitely a difference between "action failed" and "no result".

Oh well. I felt pretty good, lynched 3 scum and stopped one night kill. Rest of you played alright... werewolf is just crazy powerful, and nobody had thought theres be one at that point. Good sabotage PF. Making me laugh that you threw out the option that mafia didnt make a night kill, when that's what you actually did!

Comment

• I debated on including doctor or bodyguard...in town of Salem if bg protected a person under attack by mafia or third party then the bg and that killing member dies. But I wanted to give 3rd party more of a playing field so decided on doctor instead

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
        If exalt came back innocent and I lived I'd have gone against PF then and kass or T_P following day then lol. OR finally admitted I was a na?ve cop. I was sooo fucked either way.. I dunno what else I could have done to logically root out scum at phase in game where we were.
        You had a huge clue on the voth train as someone mentioned...dunno if it was Kass or who

Comment

• GG all!

My strategy as a werewolf was to lay low and try to survive off the radar until late game—honestly trying to play until N4 as a townie veteran. So for everyone who got a scum read off me before the final day, I can safely let you know that that’s just me as a human that you find scummy; guess it runs in the family. For everyone posting, “wowow how the fcuk could we fight a werewolf if we didn’t know about it” yes this was precisely my strategy.

Jessup if you hadn’t played so loud and big D4/N4 (including a full unsolicited RC that gave only non-actionable results), I would’ve targeted vehicle instead of you N4, and town quite likely would’ve won. I think you played a solid game though, and you had no way of knowing there was a werewolf up until you died.

Reasonable minds differ on this, but I really do think it’s a bad idea to fully claim as a townie before you have actionable results, since it gives so much information to scum and minimizes your possible future utility to town—I.e. minimizes or eliminates the possibility that you will obtain actionable results in the future.

Also just like, in general, people who are town should really make an effort to not spread misinformation, because that does make it difficult to tell who’s lying because they’re scum and who’s just a naughty townie.

Comment

• Jessup's Grade Report-

Voth-C- (You show improvement because you actually voted properly but using ur bus driver night 1 was a dum dum play) Look on bright side you passed with a C- lol)
            Vehicle- B (did everything right but allowed voth to die doing wrong vote)
            Kthx-B (did a solid job lurking and sowing confusion as scum)
            Willby- B+ (Had to respond to beast blurting out on him which ultimately ruined his game and made him die. Helped a lot and I loved our drama wars over him being vampire.I was never really too srs)
            PartyFalcon- A (For the role he has he played it perfectly. Hide and lurk and pick off town slowly and pray mafia didn't come for him..which they didn't ((u lucky :P)) )
            Backwards- C (This grade is mostly for the vote u threw out on Voth and the way you did it, to me was fairly obvios you were scum, I think circumstance though is robbing you of a higher grade)
            Beast-D (beast I dunno wtf you were doing. You don't get an F because at least you revealed but you made terrible choices on who to watch and were not a town team player. The end of the game and you disappearing not sharing who you watched was a BIG reason we lost. Watch the investigators after the doc dies ALWAYS U DUM DUM)
            Epic Li- B (should have participated more to sway vote but not going to give you a bad score for being lynched day 1. thats always BS and I feel for you)
            The_Paul- B+ (Great town player, proper votes, Shudn't have gone for kass, shud have taken a shot at PF or Exalt)
            Exalt- A (Fuk Fuk lurker with good deception skillz this game and always impresses the teacher (((she wants to give mafia scholarship to him.Kids hate him cause he is such a teacher pet and always does well)) )
            Halp -B (Wait you were first voted out right? I forget but you don't deserve a bad grad and deserve ribbon participation award cause it wasn't fair you didn't get to play more)
            Kassius- A (Revealed at right time. Did right to go with town, Helped unify town yet was ready to bail when needed, VERY GOOD, You get a gold Star!!)
            Jessup- A- (I'm amazing and did everything right except not getting guilty one time the entire game and not realizing werewolf was in game. I'm also the grader so of course I will toot my own horn )

Edit-

ApocWow- C (lurked so much I forgot to add you to grade list.. You get a C because like in public school if you lurk and do nothing you pass, decent scum lurker)
            Last edited by Jessup; 05-10-2020, 09:19 PM.
            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by PartyFalcon View Post
              GG all!

My strategy as a werewolf was to lay low and try to survive off the radar until late game—honestly trying to play until N4 as a townie veteran. So for everyone who got a scum read off me before the final day, I can safely let you know that that’s just me as a human that you find scummy; guess it runs in the family. For everyone posting, “wowow how the fcuk could we fight a werewolf if we didn’t know about it” yes this was precisely my strategy.

Jessup if you hadn’t played so loud and big D4/N4 (including a full unsolicited RC that gave only non-actionable results), I would’ve targeted vehicle instead of you N4, and town quite likely would’ve won. I think you played a solid game though, and you had no way of knowing there was a werewolf up until you died.

Reasonable minds differ on this, but I really do think it’s a bad idea to fully claim as a townie before you have actionable results, since it gives so much information to scum and minimizes your possible future utility to town—I.e. minimizes or eliminates the possibility that you will obtain actionable results in the future.

Also just like, in general, people who are town should really make an effort to not spread misinformation, because that does make it difficult to tell who’s lying because they’re scum and who’s just a naughty townie.
              Ya good point and I was VERY conflicted to reveal. I felt 3rd party killing roles were out of the question at this stage though and was worried I'd die before being able to share results. Even though innocent I figured they were very important info town needed. I figured you were godfather with my innocent so.. I was like I got to tell now.. heh.. gg PF
              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• I pegged exalt as scum on D1, just saying.

All jokes aside, gg. I never played ToS before so I felt like I was flying blind but I think I played my role how it was meant to be played.

Lack of werewolf evidence until three people die on a crucial night was major.
                Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                Message has been sent to online moderators
                2:BLeeN> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>no
                2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                2:BLeeN> ok then no
                :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

• I have two main thoughts here:

1. Town really should've won. Yes, nobody could have known about a werewolf, but looking at it from the perspective of '3 townies died on the same night, what could have done this', PF claimed veteran which really could have. I thought it was true actually. All that has to happen for a veteran is for Beast and Jessup to both have visited him on the same night, singe vetersn is basically a PGO. So my thought process was 'PF is really a town veteran, or he is a werewolf/arsonist'. Either way you look at it, he could not kill anyone the following night, and if he truly was a veteran, the Godfather cant NK him. Lynching him first was always the wrong move there, because he could never do any real damage until N6. There was 0 real chance of him being a GF, because 3 townies died in one night, and he was the wildcard. A GF cant do that. That means the correct play, even without any knowledge, was to lynch elsewhere. I was worried the entire time that someone would figure that out before deadline. I'd have pointed it out if I was town.

2. I really only played differently and lurked this game due to that other one taking my focus away. I legit wasnt trying to lurk. I just couldn't focus on both at the same time very well. I guess it worked in my favor this time.
                  RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                    Well done Exalt. Certainly not how you usually play, which worked out well for you. What happened with Apoc?
                    Apoc was basically MIA the entire time. Never spoke in scum chat or anything else.

Backwards spoke, but after he was gone on d2, it was pretty much just me and kthx the entire game.
                    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• I blame voth for derailing the shit out of the game. Jessup and voth should have gay sex, then choke to death on eachother
                      2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Working...
                      X