TW Mafia 2020: TIGER KING - Murder, Mayhem, Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PartyFalcon View Post

I’ve finally (mostly) caught up; day one was a shit storm. I have to be honest I couldn’t tell for sure whether exalt was town but now I can see that he was.

I got a scummy read off of both willby and Voth — willby wasn’t logicking very consistently IMO day 1, and Voth was logicking too consistently. Everyone can talk about voths babybrain from the past 2 games or whatever but I’ve played 2 games with Voth where Voth was town and he was not speaking this rationally; is it because this time Voth knows who’s town and isn’t trying to wade through all of this insane bullshit like the rest of us? It’s surprisingly difficult to tell what’s going on right now if you don’t have a secret exclusive year book featuring your scum buddies.

That said, it’s nothing more than a hunch that applies equally to willby and Voth (ie i think they’re both playing weird for them, possibly scummy), given they were both seen visiting the now-dead.

Vote voth.

m_leonhard are you Doc Antle?
    I don't need to be a brain surgeon to point out to everyone that this was Partyfalcon's third post in the entire game, the first two of which were nonsense about emojis and the last of which was just telling town to not get distracted off of me and Willby.

So apparently me and Willby both weren't "logicking" too consistently. Thanks for the first class insight on your first post of any "substance" in the entire thread.

Then of course you vote me. Let me ask you - did the scum team just decide at the beginning of the game to lurk as a whole group, barely post at all, and let townie infighting win them the game?

This should be pretty easy for anyone paying attention.
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Also I realize now Kthx was not at exalts house or T_P would have seen him there too.. so who blocked kthx?? All I can think of is kthx tried to cult recruit someone or take a kill and failed. I guess a mafia role blocker could have blocked him if he is town but OF COURSE KTHX WILL BE USELESS AND NOT SHARE WHERE HE WENT OR WHAT HE DID LAST NIGHT TO BE BLOCKED
      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• 1. Maybe kthx did nothing, overthinkingit would have seen the block occur, but no action attempted. Learnt this result on my first game when I was town roleblocker.

2. Maybe overthinkingit isn't telling the truth, it can't be confirmed this phase.

3. Maybe kthx did try to do something, and overthinkingit saw the action be blocked.

Don't think you should jump on option 3 as gospel when the other 2 are equally fitting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

I don't need to be a brain surgeon to point out to everyone that this was Partyfalcon's third post in the entire game, the first two of which were nonsense about emojis and the last of which was just telling town to not get distracted off of me and Willby.

So apparently me and Willby both weren't "logicking" too consistently. Thanks for the first class insight on your first post of any "substance" in the entire thread.

Then of course you vote me. Let me ask you - did the scum team just decide at the beginning of the game to lurk as a whole group, barely post at all, and let townie infighting win them the game?

This should be pretty easy for anyone paying attention.

willby vehicle, Party falconprob scum
          2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
            Also I realize now Kthx was not at exalts house or T_P would have seen him there too.. so who blocked kthx?? All I can think of is kthx tried to cult recruit someone or take a kill and failed. I guess a mafia role blocker could have blocked him if he is town but OF COURSE KTHX WILL BE USELESS AND NOT SHARE WHERE HE WENT OR WHAT HE DID LAST NIGHT TO BE BLOCKED
            I'm not saying Kthx is or is not scum but just because he was roleblocked doesn't mean he even has a power role. The town or mafia roleblocker could roleblock him and he would still be "successfully" roleblocked even if he was a Vanilla Townie. Just to clear that line of thinking up...

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• ya ya ya all possible.. but kthx is still scum in my book. Until he reveals or does something useful I'm gonna sound like a broken record. I'll try my best to tone it down I know there are other fish to fry today.

Sincerly The Tiger King :crowngrin::crowngrin::crowngrin:
              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                ya ya ya all possible.. but kthx is still scum in my book. Until he reveals or does something useful I'm gonna sound like a broken record. I'll try my best to tone it down I know there are other fish to fry today.

Sincerly The Tiger King :crowngrin::crowngrin::crowngrin:
                Yeah, definitely best to shelf Kthx until after this phase. If the voyeur claim is legitimate (sorry forgot who it was) and Kthx was roleblocked, it COULD be an indication of third party since there was only one kill last night. But he could also be a vanilla townie, a power townie, or scum too. There really is no smoking gun here. Just something to have in black and white so we can look back on it in the future.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Willby, I see you were last active on forums this morning at 8:56 AM, a mere 6 minutes ago. Aren't you able to come up with a fakeclaim without input from your scum team? I wouldn't hold my breath if you're waiting on Partyfalcon's input - that guy only posted four times in 40 pages and two of them were about emojis.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Ok, theres a lot to address here, so bear with me:

Inactivity- there are claims that I've been acting suspicious by not posting as often as usual. I've already explained that it was memorial day weekend, I was visiting family out of town. Though it will mean very little to the people here who dont play subspace, I have "proof" that I didnt play TWL this past Sunday. Instead I was trying and failing to load thread while sitting on the toilet with roaming cell connection and extremely spotty wifi. Furthermore, it's just now approaching 8 am my time- the flurry of activity that happened while I was asleep was completely missed by me, but I dont think I should be counted as "inactive" since phase change. And regarding the "last two posts" post by Voth, just because I'm not spamming thread over night phase doesnt make me scum. I dont like it when people bury the phase change.

My role- I dont see a way to avoid having to claim this, though it certainly makes me a potential target for next phase. I'm am Jeff Lowe, Town Psychiatrist. I'm looking for a serial killer. Why did I target Exalt? Hes the most dangerous player as serial killer, and I knew he would be having too much fun as it. And I'm not about Exalt having fun. Now, there was only one night kill, which I'm attributing to either one killer shooting into doctors protection, the serial killer shooting into the godfathers night immunity, SK is one of our afkers, or they both targeted Exalt (see below about other roles.) All I know for sure is that this looks like a stacked game, and if you want to keep a serial killer running around and not a Vanilla townie, you can lynch me then get after Vothicle/whoever.

Other roles- so let me get this straight. We have 4 town investigative roles that provide partial information based on actions taken and targets? While this is my biggest red flag, 2 are dead, one is telling the truth, and one is sorta verifiable. Did kthx admit to being rbed? Would be nice to have that for sure.
                    Secondly, Voth is claiming that he is a roleblocker/doctor combo, but that mafia has a strongman that went through his protection? And that I'm that strongman? I think we both know what really happened here, and if I'm lynched and dont flip mafia strongman, you will be next. What's worse is his evidence that there is a strongman- scarlet said it. Scarlet knew next to nothing about these setups when he said that, but we know much, much more now. First off, I dont think there was a strongman kill involved. Read the kill text. When you use a strongman, typically you make it clear that this was a strongman kill. You describe it more brutally. Maybe halp is hosting that way, but I think the burden of proof goes the other way here.
                    So now, fellow townies, tell me what you think is more likely. Voth chose to roleblock exalt and "oops", he died also via strongman WillBy, Voth is lying about his role entirely.
                    As an aside, I think it's far more likely that the mafia, in a game with 4 investigative roles that witness actions take place, has a ninja over a strongman. But this wouldnt explain why exalt died if Voth was telling the truth.

Vote Voth

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post
                      Willby, I see you were last active on forums this morning at 8:56 AM, a mere 6 minutes ago. Aren't you able to come up with a fakeclaim without input from your scum team? I wouldn't hold my breath if you're waiting on Partyfalcon's input - that guy only posted four times in 40 pages and two of them were about emojis.
                      I fail to see how this post is more valuable than emojis. When I log in I play, rather than active lurking and going to peoples profiles.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post
                        Ok, theres a lot to address here, so bear with me:

Inactivity- there are claims that I've been acting suspicious by not posting as often as usual. I've already explained that it was memorial day weekend, I was visiting family out of town. Though it will mean very little to the people here who dont play subspace, I have "proof" that I didnt play TWL this past Sunday. Instead I was trying and failing to load thread while sitting on the toilet with roaming cell connection and extremely spotty wifi. Furthermore, it's just now approaching 8 am my time- the flurry of activity that happened while I was asleep was completely missed by me, but I dont think I should be counted as "inactive" since phase change. And regarding the "last two posts" post by Voth, just because I'm not spamming thread over night phase doesnt make me scum. I dont like it when people bury the phase change.

My role- I dont see a way to avoid having to claim this, though it certainly makes me a potential target for next phase. I'm am Jeff Lowe, Town Psychiatrist. I'm looking for a serial killer. Why did I target Exalt? Hes the most dangerous player as serial killer, and I knew he would be having too much fun as it. And I'm not about Exalt having fun. Now, there was only one night kill, which I'm attributing to either one killer shooting into doctors protection, the serial killer shooting into the godfathers night immunity, SK is one of our afkers, or they both targeted Exalt (see below about other roles.) All I know for sure is that this looks like a stacked game, and if you want to keep a serial killer running around and not a Vanilla townie, you can lynch me then get after Vothicle/whoever.

Other roles- so let me get this straight. We have 4 town investigative roles that provide partial information based on actions taken and targets? While this is my biggest red flag, 2 are dead, one is telling the truth, and one is sorta verifiable. Did kthx admit to being rbed? Would be nice to have that for sure.
                        Secondly, Voth is claiming that he is a roleblocker/doctor combo, but that mafia has a strongman that went through his protection? And that I'm that strongman? I think we both know what really happened here, and if I'm lynched and dont flip mafia strongman, you will be next. What's worse is his evidence that there is a strongman- scarlet said it. Scarlet knew next to nothing about these setups when he said that, but we know much, much more now. First off, I dont think there was a strongman kill involved. Read the kill text. When you use a strongman, typically you make it clear that this was a strongman kill. You describe it more brutally. Maybe halp is hosting that way, but I think the burden of proof goes the other way here.
                        So now, fellow townies, tell me what you think is more likely. Voth chose to roleblock exalt and "oops", he died also via strongman WillBy, Voth is lying about his role entirely.
                        As an aside, I think it's far more likely that the mafia, in a game with 4 investigative roles that witness actions take place, has a ninja over a strongman. But this wouldnt explain why exalt died if Voth was telling the truth.

Vote Voth
                        LOL. Utter and complete scum bullshit. The entire post. I can't even.

1. Yes, you are inactive and lurking. Your last post was May 25 (which WAS Memorial Day) when you dropped a "throwaway vote" on Scarlet and then disappeared for the rest of the phase. Now you resurface only under heat from Paul. I'll play the Willby game: Town, who is more likely scum? The one scumhunting and actively battling Scarlet for pages on end or the guy who "throwaway" voted him then disappeared until he was lynched?

2. Town Psychiatrist is a hilarious fakeclaim. Anyone who doesn't say "bullshit" verbally while reading it... wel, you get the point. Not to mention there was not even two kills so we don't even have any indication that there is an SK.

3. Sure, that's fine. If you don't flip mafia strongman, lynch me tomorrow. I'm town which means you're scum, so I'm not worried. That's the only possible scenario I can see unless there is something I'm missing. And ROFL about using the kill text not being brutal as a defense. Really? Just because you might do that does not mean every other host will. Flailing bro.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• I'm not even going to entertain a ninja role. I understand it exists, and I fully acknowledge that I may end up eating my words, but I can't do it. I used some mafia strongman theory bullshit to win a game when Vehicle had me nailed absolutely dead to rights, almost exactly like this scenario. So it has to be WillBy or Voth today, unless something groundbreaking comes up there is absolutely no other alternative. Sucks, because Exalt is dead and one of my 2 other favorite players has to die, but this is the way the cards fell.

I don't have any extra information, but I can't come to grips with the mafia performing a strongman kill night 1. Unless there is something broken going on here, in my experience strongman roles are always x-shot. With all due respect to Exalt, if I were scum I absolutely would not be using that night 1 unless someone shit the bed and claimed town cop or something wild like that. Plus a calculated use of strongman later in the game can lead to town turning on the doctor or someone else and doing the dirty work for them. I just can't wrap my head around using that as a shot in the dark, unless for some reason their strongman isn't x-shot. Apart from the flavor point that Willby brought up, which is fair but is ultimately at the host's discretion, that's the part of Voth's roleclaim that I'm struggling to account for. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Also, just to be 100% crystal clear, THERE IS NO OTHER LYNCH THAN WILLBY OR VOTH TODAY. I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF KTHX SAYS HE EATS BABIES IRL, VOTH AND WILLBY ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO SHOULD BE CONSIDERED TODAY.

I swear if I end up dying in vain because you guys don't like kthx's word choices, I will haunt you or something you fucks.
                          JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                          the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

I fail to see how this post is more valuable than emojis. When I log in I play, rather than active lurking and going to peoples profiles.
                            Don't even go there. Of course I have some
                            shitposts, but you conveniently disappeared for most of the Jessup debacle and "threw away" your vote on Scarlet only to disappear until he was lynched. You even asked the host for a time frame on phase change and couldn't bring yourself to follow up on your throwaway vote. Solid scum play... until it is called out.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                              I'm not even going to entertain a ninja role. I understand it exists, and I fully acknowledge that I may end up eating my words, but I can't do it. I used some mafia strongman theory bullshit to win a game when Vehicle had me nailed absolutely dead to rights, almost exactly like this scenario. So it has to be WillBy or Voth today, unless something groundbreaking comes up there is absolutely no other alternative. Sucks, because Exalt is dead and one of my 2 other favorite players has to die, but this is the way the cards fell.

I don't have any extra information, but I can't come to grips with the mafia performing a strongman kill night 1. Unless there is something broken going on here, in my experience strongman roles are always x-shot. With all due respect to Exalt, if I were scum I absolutely would not be using that night 1 unless someone shit the bed and claimed town cop or something wild like that. Plus a calculated use of strongman later in the game can lead to town turning on the doctor or someone else and doing the dirty work for them. I just can't wrap my head around using that as a shot in the dark, unless for some reason their strongman isn't x-shot. Apart from the flavor point that Willby brought up, which is fair but is ultimately at the host's discretion, that's the part of Voth's roleclaim that I'm struggling to account for. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Also, just to be 100% crystal clear, THERE IS NO OTHER LYNCH THAN WILLBY OR VOTH TODAY. I DON'T GIVE A SHIT IF KTHX SAYS HE EATS BABIES IRL, VOTH AND WILLBY ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO SHOULD BE CONSIDERED TODAY.

I swear if I end up dying in vain because you guys don't like kthx's word choices, I will haunt you or something you fucks.
                              And to be even clearer, this does not mean I trust Willby's claim at all. I'm 75% sure he only went with psychiatrist because somebody else's role hinted at the existence of a 3rd party (sorry whoever that was, I can't remember). There's holes in both explanations. I can't come to terms with a mafia team with either Voth or Willby on it using a strongman night 1 as a shot in the dark, and I can't completely accept the convenience of a role predicated on a 3rd party that has been hinted at by others, but cannot be verified by anyone else in the game. My post was mostly thinking out loud and trying to bounce ideas off anyone else who will engage in them, not a defense of either Willby or Voth.
                              JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                              the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
                                I'm not even going to entertain a ninja role. I understand it exists, and I fully acknowledge that I may end up eating my words, but I can't do it. I used some mafia strongman theory bullshit to win a game when Vehicle had me nailed absolutely dead to rights, almost exactly like this scenario. So it has to be WillBy or Voth today, unless something groundbreaking comes up there is absolutely no other alternative. Sucks, because Exalt is dead and one of my 2 other favorite players has to die, but this is the way the cards fell.

Except that if I was on the scum team and Exalt wasn't on it, and we had a strongman, he would be the first person I would want dead without any strings attached. He is too dangerous to leave alive which is why he ends up dead or otherwise targeted on a lot of N1 phases. Any player who can singlehandedly alter the game with reason and competent writing is a danger that I wouldn't want around if I'm trying to win as a scum team. Just saying.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Working...
                                X