X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vote kass

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• It's the blind leading the blind in here.

Comment

• Okay, I'll show my hand since it's finally appropriate: I'm the Town Strong-Willed Alarmist, Barbara Fischer AKA "Bala". My protection is against cult recruitment, which is permanent after the initial protection (they essentially become Strong Willed for purposes of recruitment). My night actions were as-follows, feel free to cross check them against all available info:

N1: Protect Jessup - Success - I think this caused the block of kthx, I don't think kthx was lying about their target.
        N2: Protect The_Paul - Success - As you can see, he died still town (in case anyone wants to accuse me of being some 3rd cult recruiter)
        N3: Protect Party Falcon - Success - I'm not 100% sure that I got to her before cult did, or that she's not mafia... but it's what I went with, since she made some great plays and was drawing attention.

If you look through my previous posts, I've been gently seeding in this information in case I was night-killed so that town would hopefully still come to the conclusion to trust Jessup and The_Paul if the shit hit the fan and people started flipping cult. If anyone wants to still question my townie credentials, it's all pretty clearly laid out back in this post (modified the bolds to emphasize details now relevant):

Originally posted by PoopCat View Post
        I think any of the the three mentioned (kthx, kassius, vehicle) are potentially good info lynches, but I have a strong preference to flip kthx today. The only fully explained accounting for kthx's
        (Doc Antle - Ascetic Cult Recruiter) night actions are as follows:
        1. Targets Jessup, blocked by a protective role targeting Jessup (obvious target to protect/recruit).
        2. Targets beast, blocked by "Strong Willed" modifier.
        There has been NO COUNTERCLAIM for us to compare against -- kthx has admitted they have a night action, but have refused to account for the nature of it. I'm sure it's some kind of pro-town non-investigative role, though... right? As for the other two, they both have some reasons to think they're scum.. just nothing as hard of a lead as night actions.
        • Kassius
          • Not much info to go off of, others have said they're playing differently than normal and just parroting. As a member of town myself, I'll take the criticism that I haven't posted much, but I find it suspicious that they've called me out repeatedly. Why would quiet townies throw shade at other quiet townies? Isn't it in town's interest to focus on hard leads before flushing out lurkers?
        • Vehicle
          • sdrawkcab left us Vehicle's name (RIP, you sweet troll!), and I initially thought that was pretty damning. However, after Beast flipped Howard Baskins (who I'd have expected to be scum), I'm not sure how much we can read into the names.
        In addition to 100% trusting Jessup, The_Paul gives me no reason to feel alarmed, and for more than just their confirmed pro-town actions.

Vote kthx
        So, unless there's ridiculous shenanigans going on (bus driver?), I can guarantee Jessup and I are town. I strongly suspect Party Falcon is town. Overthinking and Zeebu seem probably town, but I don't have any hard evidence. Kassius and M_Leonhard are my scummiest reads. For now, I'll stick with Jessup who I know is town:

VOTE Kassius

Comment

• Poopcat you're voting on me with no evidence at all? You've jumped on every bandwagon going with your singular post of every phase. PartyFalcon can you please bring some sense to the table. Please don't make me roleclaim.

Poop I'd bet you a cold hundred dollars or whatever your currency is that you've not bothered to read all of today's posts, let alone the previous phases.

I have information that supports Jessup being recruited, I have information on what happened to kthx on night 1. I have information on PartyFalcon, but NONE of these pieces help town right now, whilst you're all still voting like this. I can even prove further why I went so hard on Voth vs Willby. Come on, analyse the facts.

Poop, you're aligning yourself with confirmed Jester Jessup, and possibly jester zeebu as last surviving cult members.

1. Poopcat has jumped on every bandwagon and is not posting any analysis, is MIA for days at a time and somehow is less of a target than me.

2. Mleo has been on pretty much every anti Town vote going and is also hardly posting.

I'm literally not going to play any more of these games if this is the level of participation that is acceptable by some, and literally the only listening going on is of Jessup's and Voth's spam, of all people.

It's Leo or Poop for me now, and at least Leo has posted something of worth a couple of phases ago on the Willby v Voth analysis.

Unvote Mleo
          Vote Poopcat

Comment

• Jessup what is actually wrong with you, halp literally confirmed what I’ve been saying (because he had already told me it). For now I’m just going to assume you’re a jester and ignore you.

PoopCat if you’re strong-willed, please tell me the 5th word (after the colon) in your Role PM subsection for “strong-willed” - I am inclined to believe your claim.

m_leonhard i think you’re the mafioso. Your voting history is the most damning: you voted to lynch scarlet day 1, Voth day 2, and kthx day 3 — the last one being the most damning IMO because you logged on before phase change just to throw shade at me. You’ve not meaningfully contributed to finding mafia, which was of course a notable feature of willby and vehicle’s playing this game too. AFAIK you’ve also not claimed nor really benefited town in any quantifiable way.

Kassius: i initially had a scum read off of kassius, but now that we’ve seen willby, vehicle, kthx, and Voth all flip as scum I am recognizing that kassius as mafia doesn’t really make sense here (I’m not focusing on cult read) since then why would vehicle have been in favor of lynching over him? Not that this is determinative in any way, just a thought. Kassius could be mafia, I’m not really sure, but this day phase so far kassius has seemed relatively reasonable and hasn’t seemed scummy to me; idk.

overthinkingit: I believe overthinkingit’s role claim of voyeur and I have had a town read on her generally (although IIRC she did vote for kthx over vehicle but I do not think she posted between when I gave my prosecution arguments for vehicle and when flip happened—which is when m_leonhard posted and maintained vote on kthx); it’s of course possible that she’s a mafia voyeur though rather than a town voyeur. Poopcat’s claim today obviously reinforced my belief in overthinkingit’s role claim, but again it’s the same problem as with vehicle where the role claim could be true just of the opposite alignment.

Zeebu: I’ve had a scum read off you all game until /after/ the vehicle lynch (this is the same timeline as kassius). Hard to know if it’s because you’ve been largely afk and posting only throwaway votes, but uh I’d guess that’s why. So I mean, you’ve either been playing like a mediocre townie or a mediocre scum, idk which.

I did not begin this post with the intention of giving my reads on everyone but it started to go there so I went with it (let me know if I missed someone, this was not well executed by me, sry). Tbh I haven’t read everything since last night yet though (more of a light skin) bc I do have to work but wanted to get some of my thoughts out here - I’m going to do some more analysis of voting and people’s posting now that we’ve seen more flips (like my post re: vehicle’s voting from day 1, except ideally more comprehensive).

can everyone please post your reads on alignment for all living players.

I’m going to vote for m_leonhard but im going to do it in the next post bc I’m on my phone and the dumb bold button is all the way up at the top hidden (u kno)

Comment

• PartyFalcon PoopCat I'm not sure you're allowed to copy/paste post PM things like that. Although it would help confirm, I don't think it's in the spirit of the game. Halp ?

Also PF, please note I'm the only one that actually read your post and complied with your request. I'm frankly dismayed with the approach Poop, Jessup and Zeebu are taking. I get the Jessup and Zeebu votes after I've pretty much nailed them as the last survivors of their cults, and they can't do anything about it but lynch me.

Poop's vote is as lazy as you can get.

Where m_leonhard is, no idea, his votes are all lined up on all the trains so far against town, Poop, Jessup and Zeebu are all willing to justify it 'with a feeling'. A feeling predicated on selective reading of about 1/10th of the posts in this game it seems. I've read every post, answered every question and provided as much analysis as I can without exposing myself to scum as a power-role. Mleo is sitting in the background laughing at this train on me, guy must think he's been blessed.

OverthinkingIt I'd really like to know who you watched last night, and I'd like it to have been PartyFalcon. Because you can confirm my role if you did.

Comment

• To clarify also I think there is most likely 1-2 mafioso, and I very much don’t think there are 3.

I wrote a long post about this in the middle of the night (then tried to post a second post saying an “edit” to add but accidentally deleted the original post?), opining on game mechanics and how volatile it is to put even one cult in a game, never mind 2, and also that how uncoordinated and weak the mafia has played further suggests they started with 3-4 players out of the 16–a 4 person mafia w/ 2 third parties means 10 townies to 6 scum at D0, which the mod knows could quite likely turn into 6 townies and 8 scum by the morning of D1. Use your brains, we’re looking at 1-2 mafioso, not 3.

Also if youre anyone other than Jessup and have a question about what I’ve been explaining re: Voth night 2 possibly having visited someone (at this point my money is on Voth visited Jessup n2 and we have a townie doctor (against murder) somewhere unclaimed who protected Jessup on n2, since Voth’s kill was unsuccessful, Jessup (or any target) could have voths wincon even after voths death, which would explain why she’s so adamant this is impossible even after halp has confirmed exactly what I’ve been saying (that whether the passive recruitment aspect of voth’s role can happen after voths death is a discretionary decision moderator-to-moderator—ie we as townies cannot rule out the possibility). I just want to make sure all townies understand this possibility even though it’s less important at the moment (we need to focus on getting rid of mafia—there’s definitely mafia, only /possibly/ surviving 3rd party).

Comment

• Also as promised in my above post (#1355) that explains, vote m_leonhard

Comment

• KassiusPoopCat
                    kass youre right halp has told me not to ask poopcat that Q, I’m crafting a new Q..

Comment

• @Party Falcon: I messaged Halp re: if I can answer this... but after looking, it doesn't even need to be answered. I can confirm Jessup is 100% not cult, bus driver be damned. Well played.

Originally posted by Kassius View Post
                      Poop I'd bet you a cold hundred dollars or whatever your currency is that you've not bothered to read all of today's posts, let alone the previous phases.
                      Don't assume that being quiet means I'm not reading. There's a lot of spammy garbage in this sewer tunnel of a thread that I've been sieving through for the occasional gold-nugget-hints from town (shoutouts to The_Paul, sdrawkcab, and Party Falcon). A post per day phase is all that's required for a town power role to hint/drop their results, vote, and put forth meaningful arguments if they think town's lynch is headed in the wrong direction. With the exception of the blind D1 Scarlet lynch*, town's lynches have been on the right track and so I haven't needed to argue for better lynches. Your flailing has already gotten me to post twice in a day, though. Good job, scum!

Also, I gave my list of reads on all 7 living players. Maybe I should format it better for you?
                      • Town (2): Me, Jessup
                      • Probably town (3): Party Falcon, Overthinkingit, Zeebu (lone cultist would explain being despondent, though)
                      • Seem scummy (2): Kassius, M_Leonhard
                      *- Not a great hunch from me when I helped push that train, but giving out surveys to players read to me as "cult recruiter sizing up players", which I figured was understandable given the combo of D1 lack of info plus my role

Comment

• PoopCat can you please give me your own description of what the “strong-willed” modifier does?

(this Q was approved by halp as not copy/pasting violative, no drama pls)

Comment

• Wait, poopcat, I’m asking to vet your claim that you’re strong-willed, not any claim that Jessup is town. You claimed you’re strong-willed, that’s not a question about jessup’s alignment, and it’s still pending.

That said I should clarify that I think Jessup is more likely a surviving member of voth’s faction (which I’ve been referring to as the Baskin-Robbins cult even though technically it’s not a cult but just another third party faction consisting of the inquisitor and anyone who survives an attempted night kill by the inquisitor), especially in light of your claim. Assuming you’re telling the truth, it does sound like the true cult is eradicated.

But as I’ve said before and I’ll say again now, I think we need to focus on finding the MAFIA.

Comment

• Originally posted by PartyFalcon View Post
                            -if you’re another town role, use your best judgment here: laying all your cards on the table, will what you know through your results/actions the past 3 nights help us identify a possible mafioso? if so, it’s time to at least strongly consider sharing / claiming.
                            Ok, here goes. In the interests of openness.

I am Allen Glover, Town Jailkeeper (Odd Night).

D1, I voted Kthx. I did not go on the Scarlet train (there are still other people alive today that were on that train, and others by the way).

N1, I jailed Kthx. Overthinking it saw him be blocked, it was me. He appeared scummy, I had a read on him as culty very early on. Post
                            I agreed with Jessup.

D2, Voth and Willby visited Exalt. Exalt died, Voth claimed jailkeeper. Counter-claiming wasn't the best play here, so I've kept quiet. I knew Voth was lying. I tried to convince, but in the end just left a bad taste in the mouth for some it seems. Willby gets lynched and I'm still pushing Voth.

N2, I can't do anything except hope. I didn't block Voth, Odd Night only. By elimination and exposure of other roles, Voth was very free to recruit whomever at the same time as dying as far as we can tell from Halp's clarification posts. Jessup and I both said that Voth needing blocking, I'm hoping there was another Town RBer amongst the 16 of us at the start who could fill in. Looking like that's not the case and I'm our only one.

D3, I voted Vehicle early, very early. I don't think Backwards was killed for exposing Vehicle, the post was cryptic, and very close to the end of phase. I think this was unlikely and was just very unfortunate for the scum team who had pre-planned his death already. Lots of switching back and forth from some on Kthx, I stayed steadfast, I wanted the scum gone, my vote never left Vehicle when it would have been easy to try to divert to Kthx when the opportunity came.

N3, I jailed Party Falcon. She said herself she thought she was going to die, and I agreed. I wanted to protect her as she's one of the few providing very detailed, accurate, unbiased analysis and it's been refreshing to say the least. Then T_P went and died. I got a FAILED result on PartyFalcon. Sorry to expose part of your role here PF, but I guess you're ascetic.

D4, Well here I am.

Why am I a jailkeeper in this game? All I can think of is to add a level of lols-fuckery to the cult recruiter Voth, so whomever I jail, ends up being recruited anyway against my knowing if Voth also goes on the same target.

I don't know much of anything at all to the flavour of this character, I've just googled his name and apparently I took money from Joe and ran. I'm a handyman and help around the zoo. Jailkeeper? No idea how it fits, I'll leave that to you guys to figure out. Maybe the interpretation is I blocked the kill? I've read an interview that said he couldn't possibly kill anyone, so took the money and ran. Maybe that 'incapacitated' Joe Exotic? Who knows.
                            • PF is our ascetic vigilante, 2-shot for balance so now depleted.
                            • Jessup was recruited by Voth with his dying action, knowing Mafia won't NK her (they would be hunting for power roles), and town won't lynch a confirmed town. It's too perfect.
                            • Poopcatis overtly mafia. The MIA, the bandwagoneering, the single posts per phase, no analysis, just parroting other people's hearsay and using it to form their own opinions, which tend to be single-sentenced and suffixed with 'Vote <Insert person with highest vote count here>'
                            • Mleo is mafia, this is obvious. He needs to go.
                            • Zeebu started the game on Kthx's faction. Has now turned jester being the only one left alive. Seems to have triggered directly after Kthx's death. I called him out on this, is now going quiet and jumping on Jessup's vote.
                            • Overthinkingit is our town voyeur, and I believe this fully. Hopefully she can confirm I visisted PF last night.
                            The only logical lynch is Mleo. My second preference is Poop. We have to be careful about lynching either of Zeebu and Jessup and be very careful of what they are saying.

That's it. Hope that clears some things up. There really isn't many of us left. At least you can use this information after I'm lynched. God help us now, this game is done after my lynch I think.

Unvote Poopcat

VOTE M_Leonhard

Comment

• Originally posted by PartyFalcon View Post
                              I think everyone should make one post tomorrow (irl Tuesday) where we each list the 6(?) of us still alive (from p1) and give our own take on the alignment of each player. This should assist in airing out more information (presumably we have some townies who are ready to make at least a partial if not full claim? Or at the VERY least drop some reasons for a vote that add up to a rational argument for their guilt.

To townies who are considering role claiming:
                              -if you are a town doctor then I don’t think now is the time to claim. I can’t see a reason to put yourself at risk right now in case we mislynch today and there’s a kill coming tonight. You will need to full claim in order to find possible cult if after we eradicate mafia the game is still happening—we may have to lynch anyone you protected who wasn’t strong-willed. So, if you haven’t already, do make it clear (only clear to posthumous-hindsight) from your posts whom you protected each night.
                              -if you are the vigilante DO NOT CLAIM unless you are out of shots, in which case I personally still think you shouldn’t (could pull town protective roles towards you and away from other townies who may be required to RC today to give results and still have “shots” left of their night action (ie town protective should protect the most important townie, and a vigi out of bullets is just a washed up VT reminiscing about having power). That aside, it’s definitely at least defensible to claim today as vigi If you’re out of shots. Also as previously alluded to, IMO it’s scummy to try to out a vigi.
                              -if you’re another town role, use your best judgment here: laying all your cards on the table, will what you know through your results/actions the past 3 nights help us identify a possible mafioso? if so, it’s time to at least strongly consider sharing / claiming.
                              ^ repeating my request here you fucking scum: post your reads on every living player, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by PoopCat View Post
                                @Party Falcon: I messaged Halp re: if I can answer this... but after looking, it doesn't even need to be answered. I can confirm Jessup is 100% not cult, bus driver be damned. Well played.
                                Can you walk me through how you know this?

Comment

Working...
                                X