No announcement yet.

Forum Mafia - Shawshank Redemption - Salvation lies within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can buy a tired-outside-of-the-game!jessup narrative. I agree that they're playing totally different to their town game last time. I can't comment on what degree to which that's just because they're not an innocent child, but I find it hard to believe there would be this little attention seeking even if they were scum, so I'm prepared to accept a neutral (meta) reason.
    Having so many players be so inactive is fucking tiring.
    I'd really prefer to lynch someone with more than two game-relevant lines to analyze but I guess I get what I'm given

Regarding the alignments of our inactives: (ordered from most to least scummy)

Originally posted by Halp View Post
    Hi, did not realize game started until late last night. I’ll get caught up after work. Field is most likely scum, though.
    Halp showed up to fling shade on field (another inactive) with a oneliner at the bottom of page 10 which he's not followed up on. This is the most questionable to me but it has a natural followup - halp has to post today (D1) or somehow talk his way out of this D2.
    I'm probably jumping on halp first thing D2 if we're both alive and he hasn't posted, but all I really need is his followup post so there's no point pursuing this until then.

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I've yet to form an opinion on those players
    Hasn't moved off a lazy RVS vote, chimed in on the thread to assure us that he has no opinions on other players or anything useful to add. Actually feels more like scum than someone just trolling.
    Probably our best option in terms of hitting scum if we're lynching an inactive D1

Originally posted by Beast View Post
    willby is a bad shark.
    Sitting on a shitty unjustified vote on willby, more or less actively refusing to play. I don't think this really serves any kind of wincon, but it's definitely not helping the town. As much as I don't want to consider it, the fact that he doesn't really care about the alignment of the player's he's voted (jessup, willby) could easily be because he has zero engagement with the game rather than a result of alignment.
    The most anti-town inactive.

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
    WTF I was so damn bleary eyed and hung over when I read thru comments I thought scarlet was after me somehow when he never casted a vote on me
    Not actually inactive, but seemingly pretty out of the game. Jessup's been pretty consistently bringing up out-of-game reasons for a weaker/less engaged showing than last game when they were town, and I'm naively inclined to buy it. I've known players who used to do the same thing as scum all the time, but I don't know enough about jessup's metagame to know whether to expect it here.
    I'm leaning towards a very soft town read here personally.

Originally posted by field View Post
    Scarlet you are pushing a double lynch on d1 using math and logic we’ve all read a hundred times. It’s also an easy tactic for scum to use to act as if they’re playing pro-town. If you’re calling for a double lynch, who are you going to lynch? Unvote: WillBy vote: Scarlet I think you scum mahn.
    Actually paid attention while he was here, engaged in relevant discussion with a bunch of players about what was topical (the Exalt/Willby beastrap and paul's involvement, Voth/scarlet, the double-lynch saga). Strikes me as someone who isn't physically present rather than someone who's avoiding playing the game.
    My only solid town-lean out of this list.

Given that my case on halp is reliant on them not posting at all till after D1, I'm obviously not going to support a D1 halp lynch. I'm willing to settle on either a Beast or Sherlock lynch. I don't know that Beast is especially likely to flip scum but I also doubt it'd matter in terms of his daygame.
    There's an old argument where I'm from for preferring an inactive lynch D1 because the other players will actually tell you more about their alignment e.g. I can become more certain about a m_leon lynch D2 if he fails to do any legitimate work then as well. I've always lost games where I didn't gun for people I had the most explicit scum reads on D1 though, so I'm a bit leery about the whole thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post
      Shocker, the people with red flags are the ones who have mentioned Jessup's name at all thus far. Color me surprised.
      I didn’t even get an omgus mention

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

• Well activity has taken a dive, and I'm going to be as guilty of that as anyone over the weekend (as usual for me). Just to get something on paper that I won't lose any sleep over if I miss phase change:

Vote BEAST
        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Is beast the better lynch over jessup?

Comment

• I can probably be easily convinced since beast is useless, but I think Jess is the better lynch. Higher probability of being scum imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
              I can probably be easily convinced since beast is useless, but I think Jess is the better lynch. Higher probability of being scum imo
              Higher probability? Could you clarify?

Comment

• I'm actually beginning to think Jessup might be the best lynch today. She is certainly playing differently than when she has been Town in a lot of ways.

Even beyond that, there has been a good amount of talk about Jessup thus far. Some suggesting that she is playing differently, which is true, and some sort of being apologists for her. If we lynch her, the trail of information isn't hard to follow, and there is a lot of it. I just feel like her lynching would tell us the most.

I do think Sherlocks post was super scummy, and the lack of reaction to me calling him out and then the flood of reactions when I wouldn't let it go was pretty interesting. But I don't think his lynch tells us the most.

Besides, if Jessup is town, she is a huge liability anyway. She almost blew the last game for town.

unvote Sherlock
                vote Jessup
                7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10
                Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• I feel like Beast and Sherlock have equally contributed nothing to the game, but I expect sherlock to flip red more than I do beast.
                  I'm currently tied with both of them at 3 so unless field comes back or vehicle changes his mind either of them could vote me for self preservation as it stands since I'm alone on m_leon

In the interests of not dying pointlessly if I'm not back by end-of-day
                  Unvote m_leonhard
                  Vote Sherlock Holmes

reminder that halp still hasn't posted even though he claimed >24hrs ago that he'd be caught up after work
                  [1] willby - Beast,
                  [2] Jessup - Sherlock Holmes, Zeebu
                  [3] Beast - Kassius, WillBy, the_paul
                  [4] Sherlock Holmes - Voth, Exalt, PartyFalcon, scarlet
                  [3] scarlet - m_leonhard, Vehicle, field
                  [1] Voth - jessup

Not voting - halp

Comment

• bleh

[1] willby - Beast,
                    [3] Jessup - Sherlock Holmes, Zeebu, Voth
                    [3] Beast - Kassius, WillBy, the_paul
                    [3] Sherlock Holmes - , Exalt, PartyFalcon, scarlet
                    [3] scarlet - m_leonhard, Vehicle, field

[1] Voth - jessup

Not voting - halp

pretty sure the first two to hit 3 are Scarlet and Beast, but I'd have to check to tell you

Comment

• Voth what would you expect either jessup flip to say about sherlock? Would you say that they are or are probably not on the same team?

Sherlock was on jessup from the start of the game and jessup never even commented on it as far as I can tell, which is super out of character. Would mafia!jessup avoid voting their own teammate?

Comment

• Originally posted by scarlet View Post
                        Voth what would you expect either jessup flip to say about sherlock? Would you say that they are or are probably not on the same team?

Sherlock was on jessup from the start of the game and jessup never even commented on it as far as I can tell, which is super out of character. Would mafia!jessup avoid voting their own teammate?
                        Was he? I only saw the one Sherlock post that I quoted like five times at this point. Didn't notice one earlier from
                        him calling out Jessup. I'll have to look in a few when I have more time to scroll back on my phone.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Phase change in a little over five hours
                          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by scarlet View Post
                            Voth what would you expect either jessup flip to say about sherlock? Would you say that they are or are probably not on the same team?

But to your point, I would say that Jessup coming after
                            me randomly and voting for me with no reason after i
                            switched my vote to Sherlock was pretty interesting. Jessup and I have a long history both in game and on forum mafia and I literally vote her Day 1 every game without falter at this point. But like I pointed out, the vote always switches because it's just a bullshit vote anyway.

This time, I voted her as always, then switched off of her to Sherlock, and she still circled back and voted me, but not out of her usual tit-for-tat personality. Could be to protect one of her own.

Either way, I'm town, and if Jessup is also, she is a liability to my win condition. I doubt she is though. She is really looking like scum caught early.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                            TWLJ Champion Season 11
                            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                              Glad to see I'm the first early vote train and see scum either showing their early hands or weak players mad at their report card grade who want to try and take revenge on me for becoming one of TW Mafias legends. Analizing the votes against me I realize the only one not just being bitter and doing a revenge vote is scarlet. Plus literally starting the game suggesting a double vote?? Terrible odds for town if we do that blindly and would be a huge benefit to scum if 2 townies were to swing.

Vote Scarlet

Voth and beast u both probably scum too hoping to start something early.. I see you
                              We both don't know each other, thus my vote is not driven by revenge. Yet you're as bold as to only look at Scarlet's vote. Why have you ignored my vote?

My background is of an amateur willing to play a game. I've no connections to this cast, scarlet
                              Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; 06-13-2020, 02:48 PM. Reason: Proofreading

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post

We both don't know each other, thus my vote is not driven by revenge. Yet you're as bold as to only look at Scarlet's vote. Why have you ignored my vote?

My background is of an amateur willing to play a game. I've no connections to this cast, scarlet
                                What in the actual fuck is this?

Did the scum team get so unlucky to get this idiot AND Jessup? LOOOL

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Working...
                                X