Forum Mafia - Shawshank Redemption - Salvation lies within

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scarlet View Post
    Other than a super noncommittal throwaway comment about being easy to jump on an easy m_leonhard/beast wagon (quoted below) you haven't said anything about a player other than me all game Vehicle
    I've been engaged with a lot of players, though less extensively than those directly involved with the double-lynch saga. I can give you a biglong quote of them if you really want, but it doesn't matter because the double-lynch saga has been productive: my willby, the_paul and (soft) voth townreads, and m_leonhard scumread I attribute in no small part to their posts about the double-lynch saga.

etc.

etc.

etc.
    You're right in that you have been actively posting, but you've been actively posting about some philosophical argument (to lynch or not to lynch) that has no bearing on the game. It's misdirection.

As for why I haven't commented about anyone else, no one else has done anything worth commenting about. Beast always acts weird. m_leo does look a little sketchy for hopping on the Willby wagon, but then again when doesn't Willby have a wagon on D1? Exalt and the_paul are playing their usual games. Voth seems a little quieter than usual but I think that's just because he's tired of responding to you.

I post when I have something to say (or at least think I do), and there's nothing to say about other players.
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
      Vote Voth

I'm unable to trust voth . He is doing that over the top pro town stuff and honestly am not sold on it atm. I don't like where and how his votes have landed either.
      Give me one single reason why me voting for Sherlock Holmes after a one sentence scum post is not a great place for my vote to land. Really. Just one single reason is all I ask.

Frankly, those of you who have completely ignored this guys post that I have quoted twice to get people to see it make me wonder what we are doing here. A few of you are likely his scum team conveniently ignoring me - the rest of you need to wake up.
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

Give me one single reason why me voting for Sherlock Holmes after a one sentence scum post is not a great place for my vote to land. Really. Just one single reason is all I ask.

Frankly, those of you who have completely ignored this guys post that I have quoted twice to get people to see it make me wonder what we are doing here. A few of you are likely his scum team conveniently ignoring me - the rest of you need to wake up.
        I'm 95% sure kthx could confirm you publicly as town by accidentally screenshotting his role pm to you and posting it here, and Jessup would still look for a reason to vote for you. It just comes with the territory. I'm not opposed to a Sherlock Holmes vote, he might actually be the most logical one right now. If the day phase isn't extended, he's the leader in my personal clubhouse at this point.
        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
          I've yet to form an opinion on those players, but I'd support a Double Lynch.
          I'll just leave this here for the third fucking time.

It's one thing to be inactive (you are a faggot if you are though), but it's another to be inactive but take the time to chime in with a one sentence post supporting a D1 double lynch with a self-admitted lack of reads on players. Thanks for that insight, asshole. It's almost like he was bitched at enough by his scum team to say something and he just showed up to appease them with this pathetic attempt at playing mafia.

Who is this guy anyway?

And BTW - whoever pointed it out - yes, I'm reading Jessup as scum too.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
          TWLJ Champion Season 11
          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by the_paul View Post

I'm 95% sure kthx could confirm you publicly as town by accidentally screenshotting his role pm to you and posting it here, and Jessup would still look for a reason to vote for you. It just comes with the territory. I'm not opposed to a Sherlock Holmes vote, he might actually be the most logical one right now. If the day phase isn't extended, he's the leader in my personal clubhouse at this point.
            True.

Did anyone else notice that Scarlet almost completely walked back his D1 double lynch bullshit (or at least finally acknowledged the huge downsides of it) when Paul pointed out the exact same things I did?

Strange. Not sure what to make of it besides Scarlet being infuriating beyond words still.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Voth, I wont say I have a town read on sherlock (theres nothing to read) but I dont see how what hes said is worse than beast or leo for that matter.

Comment

• I'd prefer m_leon, but I'll jump to any of a beast/Sherlock/halp lynch, with the proviso that halp's off the hook if he can actually supply instead of posting one line claiming a scumread and then back to nada.
                I agree that Sherlock's behavior is the most explicitly scum-like of those three. I can't reconcile beast's posts with a town agenda though.

I'd prefer a 24hr extension to a longer one. We really don't need an extension if the inactive players would post even one substantial post between now and the end of the day, but I don't know how realistic that is.
                I don't know how realistic that is with the extension either, to be fair.

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                You're right in that you have been actively posting, but you've been actively posting about some philosophical argument (to lynch or not to lynch) that has no bearing on the game. It's misdirection.
                I've also posted about other things.
                Just because I've fielded a lot of an argument that's low-effort-to-reward ratio doesn't mean I didn't do anything else.
                Again, it's not like the double-lynch saga was a waste of effort.

You're claiming my reads on Willby/Voth/m_leon/the_paul aren't based on anything, but that's bullshit. You can compare the_paul's responses and Voth's responses, even though they more or less held the same position. The_paul was way townier. There's no magic there.

Actually, my complaints about Voth were/are all about his putting words in my mouth, which I've resolved personally to treat as a stylistic issue (i.e. not alignment indicative), which had nothing to do with the double-lynches at all.

You're claiming that my posts distracted you from something, but you haven't done anything but talk about them. I never even asked you to read them; I said something people disagreed with, then they gave me shit for it, then I fired back, then it happened again with another player etc.
                Out of that process I got to see how different people acted during the process.

Both you (Vehicle) and m_leonhard have pivoted to different reasons to try to push me which both fundamentally stemmed out of the same discussion; you're claiming that I'm acting out of line with my town meta and also unproductively, and m_leonhard is claiming that I did nothing but try to force out a (to him suboptimal) scenario with no attempts to discover scum.
                I think you're both wrong.

I think m_leonhard is scummy because I don't think that he could believe his claims. It's really obvious that I never made any actual attempts to getting a double lynch out, besides taking the opportunity to take a free daykill on my #2 lynch target in the case that I was hammered.

I'm less bothered by your new case because I think it's just you not paying attention. I can believe that you believe what you're saying. If you'd read my posts you wouldn't, but I also believe that you probably haven't done that either. I can believe that, anyway.

PPE:
                Originally posted by Voth View Post
                when Paul pointed out the exact same things I did?
                That's bullshit. Paul posted a variety of concerns about the process of getting to the double lynch, you drunkenly hammered on about the results of it.
                There was a not insignificant degree of overlap, which I'm pretty sure I already mentioned.
                There's also the fact that the discussion had pretty much run it's course. I had m_leon (as scum) and several townreads of varying strengths, I didn't need to lean on anything to generate content to look into after page 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post
                  Voth, I wont say I have a town read on sherlock (theres nothing to read)
                  There's a little bit.
                  His first post looks like the kind of thing I'm used to from RVS questions but it's a bad example, because all it does is cast shade on jessup for word choice which I'm 90% sure wasn't the intended reading of jessup's post (i.e. Sherlock was casting shade out the gate with no substantiation).

He answered a question with a reply which added literally nothing (as if he were used to being lynched for not answering questions) and didn't allow any route to continue a conversation, and also felt the need to reiterate that he was pro-double-lynch despite not having contradicted his earlier stance.

Compare this to PartyFalcon's radio silence, which can be seen entirely reasonably as a meta-concern which doesn't indicate alignment. Sherlock is here enough atleast to comment on going-ons in the thread as proved by the fact that he did, but what he said was that he had nothing to contribute to the town.

Comment

True.

Did anyone else notice that Scarlet almost completely walked back his D1 double lynch bullshit (or at least finally acknowledged the huge downsides of it) when Paul pointed out the exact same things I did?

Strange. Not sure what to make of it besides Scarlet being infuriating beyond words still.
                    He creates drama when he can. He stepped down when he was going to get lynched d1 for the second game in a row. Seems pretty sensible to me.

Comment

• willby is a bad shark. didnt you start this zone in like 2014 or something? lol.
                      2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

• I am giving this phase 24 more hours, hopefully some of the inactives will get more involved with the game by then. Final vote count and phase change will be Saturday, June 12th at around 7pm.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• Originally posted by Beast View Post
                          willby is a bad shark. didnt you start this zone in like 2014 or something? lol.
                          Why'd you even sign up if this is what you were going to post?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beast View Post
                            willby is a bad shark. didnt you start this zone in like 2014 or something? lol.
                            2010 you fuk-fuk idiot.

I will let beasts play speak for itself

Comment

• Originally posted by scarlet View Post
                              I'd prefer m_leon, but I'll jump to any of a beast/Sherlock/halp lynch, with the proviso that halp's off the hook if he can actually supply instead of posting one line claiming a scumread and then back to nada.
                              I agree that Sherlock's behavior is the most explicitly scum-like of those three. I can't reconcile beast's posts with a town agenda though.

I'd prefer a 24hr extension to a longer one. We really don't need an extension if the inactive players would post even one substantial post between now and the end of the day, but I don't know how realistic that is.
                              I don't know how realistic that is with the extension either, to be fair.

I've also posted about other things.
                              Just because I've fielded a lot of an argument that's low-effort-to-reward ratio doesn't mean I didn't do anything else.
                              Again, it's not like the double-lynch saga was a waste of effort.

You're claiming my reads on Willby/Voth/m_leon/the_paul aren't based on anything, but that's bullshit. You can compare the_paul's responses and Voth's responses, even though they more or less held the same position. The_paul was way townier. There's no magic there.

Actually, my complaints about Voth were/are all about his putting words in my mouth, which I've resolved personally to treat as a stylistic issue (i.e. not alignment indicative), which had nothing to do with the double-lynches at all.

You're claiming that my posts distracted you from something, but you haven't done anything but talk about them. I never even asked you to read them; I said something people disagreed with, then they gave me shit for it, then I fired back, then it happened again with another player etc.
                              Out of that process I got to see how different people acted during the process.

Both you (Vehicle) and m_leonhard have pivoted to different reasons to try to push me which both fundamentally stemmed out of the same discussion; you're claiming that I'm acting out of line with my town meta and also unproductively, and m_leonhard is claiming that I did nothing but try to force out a (to him suboptimal) scenario with no attempts to discover scum.
                              I think you're both wrong.

I think m_leonhard is scummy because I don't think that he could believe his claims. It's really obvious that I never made any actual attempts to getting a double lynch out, besides taking the opportunity to take a free daykill on my #2 lynch target in the case that I was hammered.

I'm less bothered by your new case because I think it's just you not paying attention. I can believe that you believe what you're saying. If you'd read my posts you wouldn't, but I also believe that you probably haven't done that either. I can believe that, anyway.

PPE:

That's bullshit. Paul posted a variety of concerns about the process of getting to the double lynch, you drunkenly hammered on about the results of it.
                              There was a not insignificant degree of overlap, which I'm pretty sure I already mentioned.
                              There's also the fact that the discussion had pretty much run it's course. I had m_leon (as scum) and several townreads of varying strengths, I didn't need to lean on anything to generate content to look into after page 10
                              Read: Paul has the patience of a saint and I don't. Not sure what post I made remotely drunken but that's a cool direction to go I guess.

You're still a jackass.

And Exalt, fuck you for saying we are two sides to the same coin. This guy is utterly insufferable. Town or scum, he just makes me want to get rid of him. Ugh.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

And Exalt, fuck you for saying we are two sides to the same coin. This guy is utterly insufferable. Town or scum, he just makes me want to get rid of him. Ugh.
                                That's what makes it so funny. You can be annoying as shit too when you're town and think you caught scum. You're both alike more than you think.

Also, I am also more than willing to move to Sherlock Holmes. If you guys wanna yeet that fucker, let's yeet him.

VOTE: Sherlock Holmes

Also, I'm kinda thinking Jessup is scum this game. She's too quiet. There's no big dick I AM THE TIGER KING energy coming from her. Jessup is legit probably scum.
                                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X