X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Voth View Post

What in the actual fuck is this?

Did the scum team get so unlucky to get this idiot AND Jessup? LOOOL
    I'm afraid I don't see what you're pointing at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post

I'm afraid I don't see what you're pointing at.
      ok

LOL
      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
      TWLJ Champion Season 11
      TWLB All-Star Season 10
      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• don't edit your posts g
        Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
        We both don't know each other, thus my vote is not driven by revenge. Yet you're as bold as to only look at Scarlet's vote. Why have you ignored my vote?

My background is of an amateur willing to play a game. I've no connections to this cast, scarlet
        I've got no idea what the fuck this is supposed to mean

We're saying that it's out of the ordinary for jessup not to vote you out of revenge for your vote on them.

You're still voting jessup right now and they're one of the leading wagons, so implicitly you're telling us that you think that jessup is scum
        It'd be great if you could justify that.
        Sherlock Holmes Why are you voting jessup?
        Jessup why did you never vote for Sherlock Holmes? What's your opinion on him?

Voth his vote on jessup is from post #10 on the first page
        Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
        Jessup, do tell. You are greeting us as if you weren't part of the town itself, as an outsider. Care to explain your account?

VOTE: Jessup
        jessup literally never mentions, quotes or responds to Sherlock's vote/post despite being aware of it since it's on all the votecounts they posted. They even call you out on voting for them on one of the votecounts after amending it when your vote was in the wrong place.
        It's super strange. I don't really expect either player to contribute much to the town regardless of alignment, but here's my problem with lynching jessup over holmes:
        If jessup is town, it doesn't clear Sherlock at all. What Sherlock did (sit on a weird contrived RVS vote and never change it) I would intuitively expect bad!scum to be doing to a townie.
        If sherlock is town, jessup can't be on his team. Whatever inscrutable reason jessup has for not responding to his vote isn't alignment indicative in this case. If sherlock is scum, the fact that we won't learn anything about jessup is less important to me than the fact that we lynched scum.

I'm still more willing to accept that sherlock is scum. scum!jessup only explains their weird behavior about his vote if Sherlock is also scum, so unless we've caught two scum (lynch order doesn't matter) it'd be better to vote the player that's scum in both scenarios

Comment

• Originally posted by scarlet View Post
          If sherlock is town, jessup can't be on his team.
          "can't be on his team" as in "can't know that they're the same alignment"

Comment

• Sherlock Holmes I know you are a new player but read the rules on page one, you can't edit posts for obvious reasons.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

• 15 pages of mostly nonsense. I really don’t like D1 or being town.

Jessup is definitely being weird. There is an undeniable change in tone and play style this game. For a player who has proven “impulsive”, she seems too controlled and it is concerning.

I disagree that a double lynch is good for town. I see no benefit in likely losing 2 townies on D1 in a 15 player game. Maybe that makes sense in a 30 player game? I have no read on Scarlet, and I fear I never will, but he came out the gate demanding we double lynch. It’s also suspect he seems so interested in finding an exploit in the rules rather than finding scum.

Beast is just generally an idiot and probably the least valuable player to town no matter his role. Until we have an informed lynch I think I Vote Beast

Comment

don't edit your posts g

I've got no idea what the fuck this is supposed to mean

We're saying that it's out of the ordinary for jessup not to vote you out of revenge for your vote on them.

You're still voting jessup right now and they're one of the leading wagons, so implicitly you're telling us that you think that jessup is scum
                It'd be great if you could justify that.
                Sherlock Holmes Why are you voting jessup?
                Jessup why did you never vote for Sherlock Holmes? What's your opinion on him?

Voth his vote on jessup is from post #10 on the first page

jessup literally never mentions, quotes or responds to Sherlock's vote/post despite being aware of it since it's on all the votecounts they posted. They even call you out on voting for them on one of the votecounts after amending it when your vote was in the wrong place.
                It's super strange. I don't really expect either player to contribute much to the town regardless of alignment, but here's my problem with lynching jessup over holmes:
                If jessup is town, it doesn't clear Sherlock at all. What Sherlock did (sit on a weird contrived RVS vote and never change it) I would intuitively expect bad!scum to be doing to a townie.
                If sherlock is town, jessup can't be on his team. Whatever inscrutable reason jessup has for not responding to his vote isn't alignment indicative in this case. If sherlock is scum, the fact that we won't learn anything about jessup is less important to me than the fact that we lynched scum.

I'm still more willing to accept that sherlock is scum. scum!jessup only explains their weird behavior about his vote if Sherlock is also scum, so unless we've caught two scum (lynch order doesn't matter) it'd be better to vote the player that's scum in both scenarios
                Thanks for quoting that. I am pretty solid on lynching Jessup right now. I don't have time to sift back at the moment to quote quite a few people on both sides of the aisle with him, but there is a substantial amount of talk about her in both camps. Willby comes to mind as someone who went to bat (sorta) for Jessup when zeebu said he thought Jessup was a better lynch. He asked about why it was she was a higher probability scum lynch or something, which kind of struck me as scum Willby trying to do some damage control for Jessup by pressing for reasoning when there really is nothing besides our personal reads on D1. There's a ton of other shit on both sides, and information overload as far as I'm concerned.

I encourage all town to switch to Jessup and let that moron hang. She sucks at this game anyway. Can't wait to give her an F in post game report card.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Halp View Post
                  15 pages of mostly nonsense. I really don’t like D1 or being town.

Jessup is definitely being weird. There is an undeniable change in tone and play style this game. For a player who has proven “impulsive”, she seems too controlled and it is concerning.

I disagree that a double lynch is good for town. I see no benefit in likely losing 2 townies on D1 in a 15 player game. Maybe that makes sense in a 30 player game? I have no read on Scarlet, and I fear I never will, but he came out the gate demanding we double lynch. It’s also suspect he seems so interested in finding an exploit in the rules rather than finding scum.

Beast is just generally an idiot and probably the least valuable player to town no matter his role. Until we have an informed lynch I think I Vote Beast
                  Yeah so, if this isn't more reason to vote Jessup, I don't know what is.

The Beast train is scum going after an easy lynch of a complete imbecile. It should be fairly clear.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                  TWLJ Champion Season 11
                  TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Halp View Post
                    15 pages of mostly nonsense. I really don’t like D1 or being town.

To elaborate on my last post, here is what Halp just said:

I'm not going to comment on all the shit I didn't read.

Yeah, Jessup is scummy and I wish I was more active to coach her to not suck at this game.

But anyway, Beast is useless and should be lynched because he sucks and is playing the same way he does every game - like an utter moron.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                    TWLJ Champion Season 11
                    TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Halp showed up to fling shade on field (another inactive) with a oneliner at the bottom of page 10 which he's not followed up on. This is the most questionable to me but it has a natural followup - halp has to post today (D1) or somehow talk his way out of this D2.
                      I'm probably jumping on halp first thing D2 if we're both alive and he hasn't posted, but all I really need is his followup post so there's no point pursuing this until then.
                      I’ll forgive you because you’re new to our meta. Field is always scum and always a solid D1 lynch option. please make a note of this.

Comment

• Halp thoughts on sherlock?
                        Also I dunno what you're talking about 'informed lynch'. We have no shortage of useless players. Are you convinced that beast is the most likely to be scum out of them?

Voth willby this game is so different from the scum!willby of last game, it's pretty hard for me to really believe a narrative where scum!willby defending scum!jessup is a reason for jessup's lynch.
                        Also, I find it really questionable that you're trying to disregard reasoning about the likelyhood of a player being scum in favor of how other players have acted about them. This is the sort of thing I'm gonna call meaningless WIFOM - why is it any less likely that a scum!willby is trying to con you into going after a weak townie (jessup) by implying that they're buddies, since he knows you aren't going to lynch him D1?

We've said about 100x as much about the players we're splitting the lynch between as they have themselves, yes.

PPE:
                        yeah the beast lynch is a lazy out to avoid voting for a player who is actually scummy (sherlock or jessup (or m_leonhard))
                        the reasoning behind the beast lynch has nothing to do with either the voter's or beast's alignments. I can't condone it as a pro-town option compared to lynching scum

Comment

Halp thoughts on sherlock?
                          Also I dunno what you're talking about 'informed lynch'. We have no shortage of useless players. Are you convinced that beast is the most likely to be scum out of them?

Voth willby this game is so different from the scum!willby of last game, it's pretty hard for me to really believe a narrative where scum!willby defending scum!jessup is a reason for jessup's lynch.
                          Also, I find it really questionable that you're trying to disregard reasoning about the likelyhood of a player being scum in favor of how other players have acted about them. This is the sort of thing I'm gonna call meaningless WIFOM - why is it any less likely that a scum!willby is trying to con you into going after a weak townie (jessup) by implying that they're buddies, since he knows you aren't going to lynch him D1?

We've said about 100x as much about the players we're splitting the lynch between as they have themselves, yes.

PPE:
                          yeah the beast lynch is a lazy out to avoid voting for a player who is actually scummy (sherlock or jessup (or m_leonhard))
                          the reasoning behind the beast lynch has nothing to do with either the voter's or beast's alignments. I can't condone it as a pro-town option compared to lynching scum
                          You can find it questionable all you want. I would love to catch scum D1 but we clearly disagree on how often that happens, and I don't have a desire to re-visit that same discussion with you. I'm town and I'm happy to lynch a moron who I think is scum (Jessup) who will worst case scenario give me valuable information about other players who have been chiming in about her and also make it so I don't have to worry about her sabotaging my win condition if she is town.

More often than not, D1 is about gathering information. If we manage to lynch scum AND gather info, that's great, but it doesn't happen extremely often here on this forum.

I always want to lynch scum D1. I also want to learn something if we don't. Jessup getting lynched satisfies both for me. I think she's scum and if she isn't, I will be able to learn something from it. Lynching Beast won't give me anything unless he's scum - and if he is, he can wait. He sucks anyway and I don't worry about him hatching some awesome conspiracy theory to win as scum. He is literally the least threatening player in the game BAR NONE.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                          TWLJ Champion Season 11
                          TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• sure, I get all that
                            I agree a jessup lynch is better than a beast lynch
                            But why are you now preferring the jessup lynch to a sherlock lynch?

Comment

sure, I get all that
                              I agree a jessup lynch is better than a beast lynch
                              But why are you now preferring the jessup lynch to a sherlock lynch?
                              Because a Sherlock lynch tells me a lot less if he flips town. And frankly, with Sherlock contributing literally nothing, he is less likely to sabotage my win condition if he is indeed town.

Pretty much I chalk up Sherlock to being someone who is entirely inactive and happened to say one utterly scummy thing. I got what I needed when I had to remind everyone 3 times about that one utterly scummy thing. He might be scum, he might be town. Either way, Jessup is the better lynch in every possible way.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

• It's true that between the two of them, I don't really have a problem with where sherlock's vote is sitting as opposed to jessup's

I'm pretty worried about where we're at with the split vote anyway at <3 hours out, especially if sherlock (or jessup) shows up again to move his vote to beast
                                not keen to see a repeat of last D1
                                Unvote Sherlock Holmes
                                Vote Jessup
                                Right now we're at:
                                [1] willby - Beast,
                                [4] Jessup - Sherlock Holmes, Zeebu, Voth, scarlet
                                [4] Beast - Kassius, WillBy, the_paul, halp

[2] Sherlock Holmes - Exalt, PartyFalcon
                                [3] scarlet - m_leonhard, Vehicle, field
                                [1] Voth - jessup

Comment

Working...
                                X